3/2 | Saint Louis | 4:00PM (CBSSN)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
spookydog
Tom Garrick

3/2 | Saint Louis | 4:00PM (CBSSN)

Unread post by spookydog »

University of Rhode Island vs Saint Louis University
Ryan Center, Kingston, RI
Saturday, March 2, 2024
4:00PM

Media
TV: CBSSN
Online: CBSSN
Radio: Tune In Radio
App: Varsity Network
Live Stats: Stat Broadcast

Previews
Saint Louis’ Fan Forum

After getting trounced by 20+ in back-to-back road games, the University of Rhode Island Rams head back to Kingston to take on Saint Louis Saturday afternoon. The 12th place Rams take on the last place Billikens to determine who sucks the least. Get pumped!! Coach Travis Ford is in his 8th season at the helm & it will probably be his last. Hold on, I just got a few messages from his son Shane’s various burner accounts saying I got a lot to learn. Hmm…maybe he is right & I am wrong. Nah.

In some fairness to Coach Ford, one of the Billikens best player’s, Sincere Parker, has missed significant time because of an injury plagued season. He broke a bone in his foot just four games into the season & missed roughly the next 2 months. He has played much of conference play until hurting his leg against Duquesne a week & a half ago & is questionable for Saturday’s game. He has played roughly half of his team’s games this year & is averaging almost 16 points per game. The Billikens do have preseason all-conference first team player in Gibson Jimerson. Jimerson, who I submit is just Jimmer Fredette in a disguise & a slight name change, is leading the team in scoring at 14.5 points per game. I am just going to pencil him in for 20+ now with at least 4 made threes. Junior forward Bradley Ezewiro is a three-time transfer from both LSU & Georgetown & he became eligible at the same time David Green did. Ezewiro is a big-bodied forward who is leading the team in rebounding at 6.5 per game & is averaging almost 13 points per contest. Much like Green, he came out like a house of fire once eligible but is also susceptible to getting into foul trouble. In the only game he struggled in during the month of February was against Saint Joseph’s where he fouled out in 14 minutes & scored just 2 points. The Rams will need Fuchs back to defend him downlow, although Ezewiro has 40 pounds on him. Fifth year senior Terrence Hargrove Jr made a big jump this season. After averaging almost 6 points last season he increased his output to almost 13 per game. He is also second on the team in rebounding at 5.5 per game. The Billikens brought in Tulsa transfer Tim Dalger. He had been playing well averaging roughly 10 & 4 but left the team at the end of January due to a personal family matter. Had David Cox still been the coach here, he would have centered his game plan around stopping him.

As for the Rams, lets start with the “good” news. Thankfully VCU missed 4 out of their 5 last shots to keep them under 90. That also kept them from shooting over 50% from the field. And you guys thought the packline wasn’t working for this team? Defense, clap, clap, Defense!! Dubsky played the most minutes of the season & made the most of it. (I am not counting the fever dream that I had where URI inexplicably played Johnson & Wales during the season.) He also had a sweet block, but probably only about 8 Ram fans were still watching the game at that time. House struggled in his homecoming back to Richmond shooting just 3-11. He has struggled from the field in 3 of his last 4. He is also 0 for his last 9 from deep.

This game on Saturday afternoon is the best chance the Rams have of getting a win until next November. If that is the last win of the regular season, they will finish with a 6-12 conference record, which just so happens to be what I predicted before the season started. If you think the Rams defense is porous, wait to you watch Saint Louis. They are giving up almost 2 more points per game than Rhody is. Could it be first one to 90 wins? If Sincere Parker does not play & David Fuchs does play, the Rams have a solid chance of winning since the game is at the Ryan Center. Both teams have won just 2 of their last 12 games. If it comes down to free throw shooting at the end, we are screwed as the Billikens shoot it 10% better than the Rams. My prediction, URI 84 – Saint Louis 80. Go Rhody!!

Opponent
Record:
10-18, 3-12 in the A10
21-12, 12-6 in the A10 (Last Season)

Rankings (URI):
NCAA NET: 223 (200)
RPI: 193 (157)
KenPom: 219 (200)
BPI: 229 (213)
Barttovik: 193 (192)

Leaders:
Points – Gibson Jimerson 14.5 (Jr., G)
Rebounds – Bradley Ezewiro 6.5 (Jr., F)
Assists – Cian Medley 3.5 (Fr., G) (2.2 TO per game)

Historical
Series: 13-11
H: 6-4, A: 6-7, N: 1-0
Most Recent Matchup: 2/7/23 76-71 L at URI
Most Recent Win Streak: 4 – Saint Louis
Match-up Predictor: 71.2% Chance of URI Winning
4 x
If there's a God, he is laughing at us
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Re: 3/2 | Saint Louis | 4:00PM (CBSSN)

Unread post by RF1 »

This game probably is the best chance for a win the rest of this season. A loss here could even see SLU and GW leapfrog URI in the NET rankings making Rhody the worst A-10 member.
1 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

spookydog wrote: 1 month ago
University of Rhode Island vs Saint Louis University
Ryan Center, Kingston, RI
Saturday, March 2, 2024
4:00PM

Media
TV: CBSSN
Online: CBSSN
Radio: Tune In Radio
App: Varsity Network
Live Stats: Stat Broadcast

Previews
Saint Louis’ Fan Forum

After getting trounced by 20+ in back-to-back road games, the University of Rhode Island Rams head back to Kingston to take on Saint Louis Saturday afternoon. The 12th place Rams take on the last place Billikens to determine who sucks the least. Get pumped!! Coach Travis Ford is in his 8th season at the helm & it will probably be his last. Hold on, I just got a few messages from his son Shane’s various burner accounts saying I got a lot to learn. Hmm…maybe he is right & I am wrong. Nah.

In some fairness to Coach Ford, one of the Billikens best player’s, Sincere Parker, has missed significant time because of an injury plagued season. He broke a bone in his foot just four games into the season & missed roughly the next 2 months. He has played much of conference play until hurting his leg against Duquesne a week & a half ago & is questionable for Saturday’s game. He has played roughly half of his team’s games this year & is averaging almost 16 points per game. The Billikens do have preseason all-conference first team player in Gibson Jimerson. Jimerson, who I submit is just Jimmer Fredette in a disguise & a slight name change, is leading the team in scoring at 14.5 points per game. I am just going to pencil him in for 20+ now with at least 4 made threes. Junior forward Bradley Ezewiro is a three-time transfer from both LSU & Georgetown & he became eligible at the same time David Green did. Ezewiro is a big-bodied forward who is leading the team in rebounding at 6.5 per game & is averaging almost 13 points per contest. Much like Green, he came out like a house of fire once eligible but is also susceptible to getting into foul trouble. In the only game he struggled in during the month of February was against Saint Joseph’s where he fouled out in 14 minutes & scored just 2 points. The Rams will need Fuchs back to defend him downlow, although Ezewiro has 40 pounds on him. Fifth year senior Terrence Hargrove Jr made a big jump this season. After averaging almost 6 points last season he increased his output to almost 13 per game. He is also second on the team in rebounding at 5.5 per game. The Billikens brought in Tulsa transfer Tim Dalger. He had been playing well averaging roughly 10 & 4 but left the team at the end of January due to a personal family matter. Had David Cox still been the coach here, he would have centered his game plan around stopping him.

As for the Rams, lets start with the “good” news. Thankfully VCU missed 4 out of their 5 last shots to keep them under 90. That also kept them from shooting over 50% from the field. And you guys thought the packline wasn’t working for this team? Defense, clap, clap, Defense!! Dubsky played the most minutes of the season & made the most of it. (I am not counting the fever dream that I had where URI inexplicably played Johnson & Wales during the season.) He also had a sweet block, but probably only about 8 Ram fans were still watching the game at that time. House struggled in his homecoming back to Richmond shooting just 3-11. He has struggled from the field in 3 of his last 4. He is also 0 for his last 9 from deep.

This game on Saturday afternoon is the best chance the Rams have of getting a win until next November. If that is the last win of the regular season, they will finish with a 6-12 conference record, which just so happens to be what I predicted before the season started. If you think the Rams defense is porous, wait to you watch Saint Louis. They are giving up almost 2 more points per game than Rhody is. Could it be first one to 90 wins? If Sincere Parker does not play & David Fuchs does play, the Rams have a solid chance of winning since the game is at the Ryan Center. Both teams have won just 2 of their last 12 games. If it comes down to free throw shooting at the end, we are screwed as the Billikens shoot it 10% better than the Rams. My prediction, URI 84 – Saint Louis 80. Go Rhody!!

Opponent
Record:
10-18, 3-12 in the A10
21-12, 12-6 in the A10 (Last Season)

Rankings (URI):
NCAA NET: 223 (200)
RPI: 193 (157)
KenPom: 219 (200)
BPI: 229 (213)
Barttovik: 193 (192)

Leaders:
Points – Gibson Jimerson 14.5 (Jr., G)
Rebounds – Bradley Ezewiro 6.5 (Jr., F)
Assists – Cian Medley 3.5 (Fr., G) (2.2 TO per game)

Historical
Series: 13-11
H: 6-4, A: 6-7, N: 1-0
Most Recent Matchup: 2/7/23 76-71 L at URI
Most Recent Win Streak: 4 – Saint Louis
Match-up Predictor: 71.2% Chance of URI Winning
Stick with it Spooky, thanks.

SLU's top player (PG) Sincere Parker (16 pts) I think is listed as questionable, he missed the last few games and most of the early part of the season.

I expect Rhody to get a win here at the RC.
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

RF1 wrote: 1 month ago This game probably is the best chance for a win the rest of this season. A loss here could even see SLU and GW leapfrog URI in the NET rankings making Rhody the worst A-10 member.
And 15th was just as predicted by the average of 10 preseason A10 polls.

IMG_1430.png
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Let’s get this one to avoid the dreaded 20 loss season
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

reef wrote: 1 month ago Let’s get this one to avoid the dreaded 20 loss season
Can lose 20 even if we beat St Louis man

W - St Louis
L - GMU
L - Fordham
L - first round A10 tourney

12 wins

20 losses
1 x
Go Rhody
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Rhody15 wrote: 1 month ago

W - St Louis
L - GMU
L - Fordham

12 wins

20 losses
OR

W - St Louis
L - GMU
L - Fordham
W- first round A10 tourney
W- 2nd round
W- Quarterfinals
W- Semifinals
W- A10 Championship
W- 1st round NCAA
L- 2nd round - prepare for 2024-2025 season to be better

18 wins
20 losses
3 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

ramster wrote: 1 month ago

W - St Louis
L - GMU
L - Fordham

12 wins

20 losses
OR

W - St Louis
L - GMU
L - Fordham
W- first round A10 tourney
W- 2nd round
W- Quarterfinals
W- Semifinals
W- A10 Championship
W- 1st round NCAA
L- 2nd round - prepare for 2024-2025 season to be better

18 wins
20 losses
Really good catch Ramster !
1 x
Not Mike Powell
Kenny Green

Unread post by Not Mike Powell »

When we lose to this team is Archie going to compliment them in the post game press conference?
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Not Mike Powell wrote: 1 month ago When we lose to this team is Archie going to compliment them in the post game press conference?
Yes. He has given respect to all opponents to date.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Leap Day Flash Sale for last 2 games
IMG_2492.jpeg
0 x
BattleTested
Abdul Fox

Unread post by BattleTested »

ramster wrote: 1 month ago Leap Day Flash Sale for last 2 games

IMG_2492.jpeg
Here’s the link to flash sale tickets, gotta buy before tomorrow at midnight

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://ur ... PV4r&rct=i
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

SLU loses freshman guard Curcic for the rest of the season.
Top player Sincere Parker still questionable for Saturday.
Transfer guard Mike Meadows has been out indefinitely (back), only played 17 games (averaged 25 minutes/game)
And as we are aware starting forward Tim Dalger (10 pts) had previously left the team, personal issues.

0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

We are 343rd in FT Shooting out of 351 NCAA D1 Teams

Rank Team. Games ATT. MADE. PCT
343 Rhode Island 28 388 601 64.56
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

With remaining games at URI, home to Dayton, and at St Bonaventure, the Billikens are also looking at this game as their best opportunity for a win left on the schedule.
1 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Not just beating them tomorrow, but I think the team is in need of a convincing win here.
I am not sure we are capable of it because our team looks damaged right now, but they have to start righting the ship.
Thay opportunity is now; SLU is a hobbling in with a coach that will probably be gone in a couple of weeks.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Yeah let’s get Fuchs back in this lineup and get a much needed win , we sure do need it
2 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

reef wrote: 1 month ago Yeah let’s get Fuchs back in this lineup and get a much needed win , we sure do need it
Reef, we should win this with or without Fuchs.
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

I’d like to see more Fucks at the 4 , Foumena at the 5.
0 x
GO RAMS
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 1 month ago I’d like to see more Fucks at the 4 , Foumena at the 5.
Not quick enough to guard the 4
0 x
Go Rhody
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 1 month ago I’d like to see more Fucks at the 4 , Foumena at the 5.
Not quick enough to guard the 4
Yeah I think this experiment failed earlier on this season.
1 x
Mobley was fouled.
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

I ask because one of the more effective scoring options came with double bigs. High low action.
0 x
GO RAMS
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 1 month ago I ask because one of the more effective scoring options came with double bigs. High low action.
We've still had high low action with Green/Weston near the hoop and a big at the free throw line.
0 x
Go Rhody
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 1 month ago I ask because one of the more effective scoring options came with double bigs. High low action.
Yeah that’s been effective @ times the big getting it @ FT line and throwing a lob to the other big , need more easy hoops like that
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Our offense is not the issue.
4 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

I have a fantasy football league with all my best friends. Every year, we go somewhere new around the country and spend a weekend together. In our league, we have a 4-week playoff for the two worst teams called the "shit.com bowl." If you win, you get to have the first pick in the draft next year. If you lose, we get to choose what type of activities that person has to do in the next draft. For example, the year I came in last, I had to wear a wig and do karaoke at a bar in the Hamptons. Another person had to dress up as a mime and walk around Montreal. Another had to write a song and perform it at an open mic in front of all of us.

This game feels like that, with two terrible teams playing for nothing. It's the A10s version of the shit.com bowl. Exciting stuff!
5 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

steveystuds06 wrote: 1 month ago I have a fantasy football league with all my best friends. Every year, we go somewhere new around the country and spend a weekend together. In our league, we have a 4-week playoff for the two worst teams called the "shit.com bowl." If you win, you get to have the first pick in the draft next year. If you lose, we get to choose what type of activities that person has to do in the next draft. For example, the year I came in last, I had to wear a wig and do karaoke at a bar in the Hamptons. Another person had to dress up as a mime and walk around Montreal. Another had to write a song and perform it at an open mic in front of all of us.

This game feels like that, with two terrible teams playing for nothing. It's the A10s version of the shit.com bowl. Exciting stuff!
We get another one next week

And then one of the PIGs

Our toilet runneth over
0 x
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

ramster wrote: 1 month ago Leap Day Flash Sale for last 2 games

IMG_2492.jpeg
I am trying to be somewhat positive, but, it is hard to do with our so-called marketing department. Does 29% seem like a compelling offer? Half off, BOGO, $1 beer, buy for one remaining game-get other remaining game for free, Et etc etc etc. Are better alternatives. Who is in charge of marketing?
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Will be there this afternoon/evening...but hard-pressed to recall when I've ever been less enthusiastic about it...
1 x
damram
Kenny Green

Unread post by damram »

Not a must win game, but a must play game.
2 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 1 month ago Will be there this afternoon/evening...but hard-pressed to recall when I've ever been less enthusiastic about it...
At least you probably get to see a win.
0 x
JushinThunderLiger
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by JushinThunderLiger »

This certainly is a game in the history of the Rhode Island Rams
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

Would be nice to see us play well on both ends of the court today - O and D - and get a win. Maybe it will inspire us to win our final 2 games ?

It’s not like we are playing super teams.

Does this team have balls to do it ? Probably not. Seems like too much to ask from this particular team.

Go Rhody!
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

I think Fuchs goes today. Looks good in warm up drills

Don’t expect Wright today. Not dressed.
2 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Unfortunately the Towson Wilmington game on CBSSN is behind schedule and we probably miss the start of the URI game
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

410 tip off we will probably miss a few minutes of URI
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

No Fuchs starting unfortunately

0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Start of game should be available here: https://www.cbssports.com/video/livestream/
1 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

This frickin Towson game is moving at a snails pace and getting tighter.

please! No OT.
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Watching on the CBS sports app

Pete Gillen on color
0 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

Jdrums#3 wrote: 1 month ago This frickin Towson game is moving at a snails pace and getting tighter.

please! No OT.
Absolutely dragging
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

11-9. 1550.
0 x
URI_05
ARD

Unread post by URI_05 »

Of course they’re reviewing every foul too.
0 x
damram
Kenny Green

Unread post by damram »

Fuchs in the game.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Wilmy game finally ends !

Of course we miss the first 10 minutes of our game
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

3 freshman on the floor. Hmmm

Hope they can gain some confidence.
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Good D. We have a shot at giving up only 50…

In the first frickin half!

C’mon, Rhody. Ooph
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

28-28. 732

DG has 10
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Zek got clobbered
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Jdrums#3 wrote: 1 month ago Good D. We have a shot at giving up only 50…

In the first frickin half!

C’mon, Rhody. Ooph
Of course Bills are 12-20 60 % floor
0 x