2/25 | La Salle | 12:00PM (USA)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Re: 2/25 | La Salle | 12:00PM (USA)

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

Just to continue my current frustration with our program…I didn’t care for the version of Keaney Blue on the uniforms - just in case it hasn’t been brought up before.

:D
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

steveystuds06 wrote: 2 months ago
eli#10 wrote: 2 months ago I need to state the obvious: Always Wright not only cannot defend anyone he cannot run an offense. It seems each possession he runs the shot clock gets to 5 seconds and a difficult shot needs to be tried.
Since this game is a joke and Archie has lost this team, I did some research to avoid the torture... You're spot on about Ways, Eli. He's very bad..I'm always disappointed watching always wright and this team lately.. Corny line I know but screw it! We have people who say Bassy's numbers are horrible. We have people that still say his numbers "suck"

Want to hear a fun fact? Luis has a worse shooting % than Bassy does in the conference. Never mind how bad Always is. Luis has been average or bad since his huge game against Davidson. Luis has been shooting 39% since that Davidson game. So if Bassy sucks, does Luis suck too? Because I think he's a decent point guard. Bassy has shot 50% or higher in his last three games, scoring 30, 19, and 42. While our guys, like Cam and Luis, are regressing, Bassy seems to be improving.

Conference Statistics for Bassy and Luis

Bassy
20.7 PPG
6 AST
.417 FG%
31% 3P%
76% FT%
2.3 steals

Luis
10.4 PPG
4.4 AST
.413 FG%
33% 3P%
68% FT%
0.8 steals

I hate that I love such a disappointing program. But I do, and I always will.
I think this is very fair and it’s OK to admit Arch made a mistake letting Bassy walk , sometimes you can’t underestimate what’s in a kids heart and Bassy would probably be one of our better players if Arch handed him the keys
1 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

rambone 78 wrote: 2 months ago I dont care what anybody else says, but it there isnt a major turnaround next season, Archie's seat needs to get very warm.

Not saying he's gone after year 3, but year 4 should be his last if it happens again.

I just dont see a big jump next season unless he pulls a rabbit out of his hat with several new talented recruits.

Half or more of this group has to go. NO DOUBT.
I’m just waiting for the comments by some people when we win a couple more games this year on how it was a nice improvement over last years team and how we are moving in the right direction. The standards have really been set high here the last 6 years.
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

This is bad.. Idk what else to say. Today, we have reached another low. Lasalle just dominated us in every way possible. Archie has lost the team. Oh, and for people that want House back (including myself), that's now the third game in a row where he flipped out getting subbed out. Archie didn't let Bray do this. Is he going to let House? I know Archie is a great coach when he has the players, but my biggest worry is his ability to connect with players in the portal era. Hammond has blown up and just made 1st team. Does he watch this terrible team and say to himself, did I make a mistake? I hope not.. But Fuchs, Cam, and Hammond are the three players that give me a small amount of hope for our future. If he can't keep all three going into next year, we're screwed.
2 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

RamStock wrote: 2 months ago
rambone 78 wrote: 2 months ago I dont care what anybody else says, but it there isnt a major turnaround next season, Archie's seat needs to get very warm.

Not saying he's gone after year 3, but year 4 should be his last if it happens again.

I just dont see a big jump next season unless he pulls a rabbit out of his hat with several new talented recruits.

I’m just waiting for the comments by some people when we win a couple more games this year on how it was a nice improvement over last years team and how we are moving in the right direction. The standards have really been set high here the last 6 years.
I’m waiting for the “oh we had a game today? Didn’t even realize” posts that we get towards the end of losing seasons.

(…they always know when we have games)
0 x
Go Rhody
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

steveystuds06 wrote: 2 months ago This is bad.. Idk what else to say. Today, we have reached another low. Lasalle just dominated us in every way possible. Archie has lost the team. Oh, and for people that want House back (including myself), that's now the third game in a row where he flipped out getting subbed out. Archie didn't let Bray do this. Is he going to let House? I know Archie is a great coach when he has the players, but my biggest worry is his ability to connect with players in the portal era. Hammond has blown up and just made 1st team. Does he watch this terrible team and say to himself, did I make a mistake? I hope not.. But Fuchs, Cam, and Hammond are the three players that give me a small amount of hope for our future. If he can't keep all three going into next year, we're screwed.
In Houses defense, he probably shouldn’t have gotten subbed out all that much.

Was one of the few who was putting in effort.
0 x
Go Rhody
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Since it seemingly takes time to learn the packline you need better talent to do so especially a first year player here.

Recruiting will never be more important as it will be for next season.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

RamStock wrote: 2 months ago

I don't see them winning any more games. Their bags are already packed.
3 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

steveystuds06 wrote: 2 months ago This is bad.. Idk what else to say. Today, we have reached another low. Lasalle just dominated us in every way possible. Archie has lost the team. Oh, and for people that want House back (including myself), that's now the third game in a row where he flipped out getting subbed out. Archie didn't let Bray do this. Is he going to let House? I know Archie is a great coach when he has the players, but my biggest worry is his ability to connect with players in the portal era. Hammond has blown up and just made 1st team. Does he watch this terrible team and say to himself, did I make a mistake? I hope not.. But Fuchs, Cam, and Hammond are the three players that give me a small amount of hope for our future. If he can't keep all three going into next year, we're screwed.
I've said this before. I think House hates playing for Archie. He's gone.
3 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

This season is toast.

I know, we suck, and it's getting worse.

However we should be improving and that's what is pissing me off more and more about the coaching.

I'm not expecting miracles but this is really bad.

The oh we will be fine crowd is shrinking by the day.
3 x
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

CamsRams wrote: 2 months ago
Rhody15 wrote: 2 months ago Losing to a 13-14, 4-10 La Salle team by 27 with 13 minutes left in year 2 of Archie.

Fuchs, Green, House, Cam, Zek, Weston, Foumena I’ll take back.

Everyone else can take a hike.
I think this is the right list of kids to retain.
Not sure I agree with that list. That is most of our current playing minutes. Do we really think Hammond and Farrell will make us a solid team next year.

My must keep list is Weston, Cam , Green, House and Fuchs. If Archie loses any of these, it is an indication of the state of the program.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

team doesn't even really look like a team....they just look like a bunch of guys they gathered together at breakfast today to play a game at lunchtime
5 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

McRam wrote: 2 months ago
CamsRams wrote: 2 months ago
Rhody15 wrote: 2 months ago Losing to a 13-14, 4-10 La Salle team by 27 with 13 minutes left in year 2 of Archie.

Fuchs, Green, House, Cam, Zek, Weston, Foumena I’ll take back.

Everyone else can take a hike.
I think this is the right list of kids to retain.
Not sure I agree with that list. That is most of our current playing minutes. Do we really think Hammond and Farrell will make us a solid team next year.

My must keep list is Weston, Cam , Green, House. If Archie loses any of these, it is an indication of the state of the program.
Idk how you can make a list and keep Fuchs off. He's our best freshman. I love Cam, but Fuchs has been better. Plus, you don't want to go into the offseason with zero big men on the roster. We would have to put all our time and attention into finding at least two bigs, possibly three... If House leaves and wants to go pro instead of coming back for a 5th year I get that, and I won't fault Archie. If he can't keep our two key freshmen, that will be a massive letdown.
3 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

They just gave up as soon as La Salle went up by 10.
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 2 months ago team doesn't even really look like a team....they just look like a bunch of guys they gathered together at breakfast today to play a game at lunchtime
Yup an AAU team. It's a team that can get hot on offense, chuck up shots, and play zero defense. It reminds me of Baron's final years. Archie deserves more time. I believe in him, even though all these horrendous games are hard to watch. I know some are saying his seat may get warm next year. I think the chances of that are slim to none. He'll get at least 5 years.
1 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

What’s the 2 time transfer rule now ? Are players like House Zek and Luis able to transfer again and be immediately eligible @ a new school ??
0 x
rhodyram22
ARD

Unread post by rhodyram22 »

Ignoring the win vs JWU, we have the same amount of wins as last year right now... Where's the improvement?
1 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

rhodyram22 wrote: 2 months ago Ignoring the win vs JWU, we have the same amount of wins as last year right now... Where's the improvement?
Well we actually have one more win than last year lol

If this team played as hard as last years team we might win more games

At this point I'd just like to see them not completely give up and show some damn fight. Don't lose 20 games...Jesus.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

Both Loyola (15th) and Richmond (11th) finished in the bottom tier last season.
They managed to keep several core players and added a few key pieces in the portal, along with some recruits.
Who is to say we can't do the same and have similar results in 24-25.
I don't believe that Valentine and Mooney are better head coaches than Archie.
We have the facilities and staff, so why not?
1 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

rhodyram22 wrote: 2 months ago Ignoring the win vs JWU, we have the same amount of wins as last year right now... Where's the improvement?
Record 2023.png

Record 2024.png
Wellcoached teams get better during the year. We all gave him a pass last year. In year two, I said I want to hover around .500. Well, in year two, we look terrible the later we get into the season, just like year one. The ONLY difference is we have better young talent. We have some pieces to build around, and we have our best recruit on paper in Hammond coming. But none of that matters if Archie can't recruit players who can succeed in his system. We look like a team that Jared Grasso would recruit — all offense, no defense. Except Grasso recruited more talented offensive players
1 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Record 2023.png

Record 2024.png

Wellcoached teams get better during the year. We all gave him a pass last year. In year two, I said I want to hover around .500. Well, in year two, we look terrible the later we get into the season, just like year one. The ONLY difference is we have better young talent. We have some pieces to build around, and we have our best recruit on paper in Hammond coming. But none of that matters if Archie can't recruit players who can succeed in his system. We look like a team that Jared Grasso would recruit — all offense, no defense. Except Grasso recruited more talented offensive players
I think worse than anything is the teams resiliency

We have defensive issues, but the main issue is how low our lows get.
0 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

Jdrums#3 wrote: 2 months ago
LoveThoseRams wrote: 2 months ago Nuns at LaSallette......too darn funny! :)
Don’t sleep on the Nuns of LaSalette. I heard they kicked butt against the Sisters of the Poor. :lol:
Those nuns don’t mess around!

https://i5.walmartimages.com/asr/6030 ... g=FFFFFF
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I’m guessing we go 1-3 to finish 12-19 which is 3 games better than last season , we are definitely underachieving
1 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

rhodysurf wrote: 2 months ago This team stinks omg
You would think some of the guys would at least play hard to have some tape to show their next team.
I feel bad laughing at this but I did 😆

Spot on.
0 x
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

reef wrote: 2 months ago I’m guessing we go 1-3 to finish 12-19 which is 3 games better than last season , we are definitely underachieving
How do we compare to the last two years of Cox….that is my measuring stick. I remember how disgusted and disillusioned we were back then. This feels much worse than that.
1 x
rjv
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by rjv »

Per Reef...If we go 1-3 last 4 games and end 12-19. That is the one record that no one picked in the Basketball Predict Contest 23-24
LOLOLOLOL!!!
0 x
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

Unread post by DeanDome88 »

eli#10 wrote: 2 months ago I need to state the obvious: Always Wright not only cannot defend anyone he cannot run an offense. It seems each possession he runs the shot clock gets to 5 seconds and a difficult shot needs to be tried.
Since this game is a joke and Archie has lost this team, I did some research to avoid the torture... You're spot on about Ways, Eli. He's very bad..I'm always disappointed watching always wright and this team lately.. Corny line I know but screw it! We have people who say Bassy's numbers are horrible. We have people that still say his numbers "suck"

Want to hear a fun fact? Luis has a worse shooting % than Bassy does in the conference. Never mind how bad Always is. Luis has been average or bad since his huge game against Davidson. Luis has been shooting 39% since that Davidson game. So if Bassy sucks, does Luis suck too? Because I think he's a decent point guard. Bassy has shot 50% or higher in his last three games, scoring 30, 19, and 42. While our guys, like Cam and Luis, are regressing, Bassy seems to be improving.

Bassy
20.7 PPG
6 AST
.417 FG%
31% 3P%
76% FT%
2.3 steals

Luis
10.4 PPG
4.4 AST
.413 FG%
33% 3P%
68% FT%
0.8 steals

A serious comparison may have been to compare their A10 stats.
0 x
RAMFAN
Steve Chubin

Unread post by RAMFAN »

After we kick out all the loser programs beneath us who keep beating us we should move up in the conference standings
3 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

reef wrote: 2 months ago I’m guessing we go 1-3 to finish 12-19 which is 3 games better than last season , we are definitely underachieving
I would like to see us avoid a 20 loss regular season, Reef. Not that it will make a difference in my perception of the team but what the heck, goals are good.

Goal for the rest of the season: don’t lose 20 regular season games.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I would like to see us avoid a 20 loss regular season, Reef. Not that it will make a difference in my perception of the team but what the heck, goals are good.

That 1 win I think we get is home to Travis Ford St Louis team !
1 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

DeanDome88 wrote: 2 months ago

Bassy
20.7 PPG
6 AST
.417 FG%
31% 3P%
76% FT%
2.3 steals

Luis
10.4 PPG
4.4 AST
.413 FG%
33% 3P%
68% FT%
0.8 steals

A serious comparison may have been to compare their A10 stats.
The entire point is that Bassy has made a jump THIS year. So, no, that doesn't make much sense to me. Just like when Ish had a bad sophomore year, and things started to click, and he made a big jump in his junior year. You're wrong if you're implying that Bassy isn't a better player than last year. All you have to do is watch Albany play a few games, and you can see he's stronger, faster, and more developed on the offensive end. The kid has put in the work to become a better player.

If you need to look at the numbers, Bassy shot 64% from the line, 25% from 3, and 34% from the field last year. He now shoots 77% FT, 31% from 3, and 42% from the field this year. He's also taking a lot more shots and free throws.. Keep in mind I thought he was terrible in his freshman year and average to bad last year. But I'd have to be blind not to see he's become a better player this season..

Once again. NO ONE says he would put up 20 in the A10 this year. The original question was, is he a better backup guard than Ways? Since that's an incredibly easy answer, the question now is, would he be better, Luis? I think it's close. He continues to prove the doubters wrong, and my guess is he'll be even better next year. You all know how I feel, so I'll stop talking about him. Unless he drops 40+ again. ;)
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Jersey77 wrote: 2 months ago Both Loyola (15th) and Richmond (11th) finished in the bottom tier last season.
They managed to keep several core players and added a few key pieces in the portal, along with some recruits.
Good post, Jersey, worthy of a response.

I agree wholeheartedly that the program does have positives.

That said, and keep in mind that I am still very frustrated and disgusted with our effort today, I am just not confident that we have enough key pieces (not counting the freshman here at this time) to retain.

Always, Kortright, Zek, Tyson? Meh. I don’t see much of a ceiling. I did for Zek at one time but not now. Something is missing with him. Confidence issue? Low bb IQ ? Inability to elevate his game ?

Bilau ? Talented but rarely available and therefore unreliable. Best to move on for both.

House ? Talented offensively on this team but a slightly above average A10 player who, imho, will move on to play pro or transfer if the no sit transfer rule stays in place.

Green, Weston. Solid A10 rotation pieces.

Unless all retainable pieces can make a significant jump in skill level on both ends of the floor from now to next season and Archie adds 2-3 more talented pieces from the portal than what we have, I don’t envision us making the kind of jump next season that Richmond and Loyola have made.

The players that were brought in this season are not that good skillfully, in mental toughness and in basketball IQ. They are mediocre A10 players that can surprise us once in a while.

Obviously, I am downtrodden after today’s loss so take my player perceptions with a grain of salt.
3 x
CaptainRon
Kenny Green

Unread post by CaptainRon »

Sigh
1 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

Like I’ve been thinking/sayjng

I’d keep 8 and get rid of everyone else

question is would my 8 want to stay

What a joke this team is

See ya
1 x
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

Who on this team seems to play the defense Archie is asking for? This team has talent on the offensive side, but they just either are not athletic/quick enough, interested in trying or just not getting the defensive concepts. You really think it will all of a sudden click for them next year?
0 x
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

As anonymous once said, “.. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”
1 x
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

RIFan wrote: 2 months ago Who on this team seems to play the defense Archie is asking for? This team has talent on the offensive side, but they just either are not athletic/quick enough, interested in trying or just not getting the defensive concepts. You really think it will all of a sudden click for them next year?
I wonder who on our staff is concentrating on defensive coaching ?
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Jersey77 wrote: 2 months ago Both Loyola (15th) and Richmond (11th) finished in the bottom tier last season.

That said, and keep in mind that I am still very frustrated and disgusted with our effort today, I am just not confident that we have enough key pieces (not counting the freshman here at this time) to retain.

Always, Kortright, Zek, Tyson? Meh. I don’t see much of a ceiling. I did for Zek at one time but not now. Something is missing with him. Confidence issue? Low bb IQ ? Inability to elevate his game ?

Bilau ? Talented but rarely available and therefore unreliable. Best to move on for both.

House ? Talented offensively on this team but a slightly above average A10 player who, imho, will move on to play pro or transfer if the no sit transfer rule stays in place.

Unless all retainable pieces can make a significant jump in skill level on both ends of the floor from now to next season and Archie adds 2-3 more talented pieces from the portal than what we have, I don’t envision us making the kind of jump next season that Richmond and Loyola have made.

The players that were brought in this season are not that good skillfully, in mental toughness and in basketball IQ. They are mediocre A10 players that can surprise us once in a while.

Obviously, I am downtrodden after today’s loss so take my player perceptions with a grain of salt.
Drums, I remember posters saying this past off-season that who would want to keep some of those core pieces from Loyola since they finished in last place, same can be said for Richmond.

If we can retain some of our core especially the freshmen, I feel their performance will improve next season and maybe we can make some noise. We aren't devoid of talent, it's just that they lacked some of the intangibles.
Hopefully the additional year under this staff will help this team play up to its potential.

The staff just needs fill in some of the voids with the right pieces that will be a good fit.
Wholesale changes aren't needed, and we can't afford to lose another season with a total rebuild.
1 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

RIFan wrote: 2 months ago Who on this team seems to play the defense Archie is asking for? This team has talent on the offensive side, but they just either are not athletic/quick enough, interested in trying or just not getting the defensive concepts. You really think it will all of a sudden click for them next year?
No. I am not a fan of packline. I think the goals and objectives of it are flawed and often exploited by teams we see nite after nite Its weaknesses are exposed.
Last edited by section(105) 2 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

ElmCityRhody wrote: 2 months ago Like I’ve been thinking/sayjng

What a joke this team is

See ya
As of today, because I am disgusted with this team, I would only keep Fuchs, Cam, Green, Weston.

Everyone else needs a heart to heart talk with Coach. If they are committed to doing what Archie requires/demands of them, then I would be okay with them staying. I am looking at Dubs, Zek, Kortright and Fou.

Fou and Dubs, Zek and Kortright get one more year if they want. But, no promises of guaranteed starter type PT other than getting a fair shot at plenty of playing time if they can prove it in offseason and preseason practices. Clean slate. Now prove you belong.

If they are not in 110% then they are out and would take my chances in the portal.

In summary, I am 4 solid plus 1-4 maybe’s today because I am really disgusted. Tired of losing.
0 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

This is why you need to CUT BAIT / KEEP EIGHT
1 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

ElmCityRhody wrote: 2 months ago Like I’ve been thinking/sayjng

What a joke this team is

See ya
As of today, because I am disgusted with this team, I would only keep Fuchs, Cam, Green, Weston.

Everyone else needs a heart to heart talk with Coach. If they are committed to doing what Archie requires/demands of them, then I would be okay with them staying. I am looking at Dubs, Zek, Kortright and Fou.

Fou and Dubs, Zek and Kortright get one more year if they want. But, no promises of guaranteed starter type PT other than getting a fair shot at plenty of playing time if they can prove it in offseason and preseason practices. Clean slate. Now prove you belong.

If they are not in 110% then they are out and would take my chances in the portal.

In summary, I am 4 solid plus 1-4 maybe’s today because I am really disgusted. Tired of losing.
No House?

I am thinking more like keeping around 7-8, depending on which ones.
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

0 x
GO RAMS
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

ElmCityRhody wrote: 2 months ago

The Worst loss in the history of URI vs LaSalle was just last year in A10 Tournament when URI lost by 17

Today shattered that record as URI lost by a dismal 24 points to LaSalle

Sorry but I think keeping 8 is way too many players from this years team. Many will find their own way out anyway and probably already looking at options.

My gut is I’d keep Fuchs and Estevez, tbd over next 3 weeks if any others
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

reef wrote: 2 months ago

That 1 win I think we get is home to Travis Ford St Louis team !
Would you seriously wager on that? This Rhody team beating SLU? I haven't seen sloo once this year, but see their record and ...what the...but still...
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

no one can explain it = no one understands it = no one can play it = everyone (players, coaches, fans, custodians, passersby) yelling:

0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

ramster wrote: 2 months ago
ElmCityRhody wrote: 2 months ago

The Worst loss in the history of URI vs LaSalle was just last year in A10 Tournament when URI lost by 17

Today shattered that record as URI lost by a dismal 24 points to LaSalle

Sorry but I think keeping 8 is way too many players from this years team. Many will find their own way out anyway and probably already looking at options.

My gut is I’d keep Fuchs and Estevez, tbd over next 3 weeks if any others
Archie said the team didn't come out prepared to play and that they aren't there mentally right now.

Ramster, right now you only want to keep a couple of players both freshmen.
Archie built this roster, what makes you think he will do any better this time around in the portal?

Either way, if the team is lost or the players that he has aren't capable, that all falls on the HC and the staff.
Like I said they need to up their game and I don't think constantly rebuilding is the answer.
It isn't like all our players are not skilled or don't have any talent.

Archie in his previous pressers used the phrase needing to improve team chemistry several times.
Not sure you can do that with a new roster every year.
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Jersey77 wrote: 2 months ago

Drums, I remember posters saying this past off-season that who would want to keep some of those core pieces from Loyola since they finished in last place, same can be said for Richmond.

If we can retain some of our core especially the freshmen, I feel their performance will improve next season and maybe we can make some noise. We aren't devoid of talent, it's just that they lacked some of the intangibles.
Hopefully the additional year under this staff will help this team play up to its potential.

The staff just needs fill in some of the voids with the right pieces that will be a good fit.
Wholesale changes aren't needed, and we can't afford to lose another season with a total rebuild.
Jersey, I think we (you and I) have and are over rating the talent on this team.

I agree with keeping the freshman certainly - namely Cam and Fuchs. Both have very good potential. I still think both have top end A10 “potential”. Despite Cam hitting a freshman wall, I think he will get better.

Not sure if Fou and Dubs want to stay but I would give them each another season to make a jump and prove they can play integral parts at this level.

I am also good with Weston and Green staying.

I am a maybe on Zek and Kortright (only because Lou has shown some balls at times this season).

I get it. It is not realistic to blow out most of the roster and hope to win the portal lottery. Therefore, those are 6-8 players I would keep. That’s the best of the lot.

That said, I figure House, Fou, Rory, Always, Bilau are likely gone per their choice or Archie’s decision. And, I like the spark House provides on O but I have questions about his commitment and attitude.

Most of the players on this team are average and are not irreplaceable. It just isn’t realistic to change everyone out and just keep my key 4 of Fuchs, Cam, Green, Weston. It would lead to chemistry/culture issues again if we only kept my key 4 and added all new players.
Last edited by Jdrums#3 2 months ago, edited 3 times in total.
0 x
HASwatTeam
Jeff Kent

Unread post by HASwatTeam »

RAMFAN wrote: 2 months ago After we kick out all the loser programs beneath us who keep beating us we should move up in the conference standings
!! to this. I argue hard to my Rhody text chat and others how bad we need the Fordham/LaSalle/GW/Duq group out of A10, like many of us on the board. But good PROGRAMS only get ONE year of losing (worse, blown out) to teams you want gone before the argument becomes obsolete, and it’s deep in year 2. Losses like today are the one’s that reflect on a program. Not all Archie of course, but it’s all of a sudden clear Hurley’s rebuild is not a blue print to count on anymore, this might be double that.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

RAMFAN wrote: 2 months ago After we kick out all the loser programs beneath us who keep beating us we should move up in the conference standings
If they kicked out the bottom 5 teams, Rhody would be pretty much guaranteed top 10 in the conference every year.
1 x