Who is Archie Miller?

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Who is Archie Miller?

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

I would argue that every URI team I've seen to some extent has taken on the personality of the coach. From the negativity of Baron to the intensity of Hurley.
So, what personality traits is Archie passing on to this team?
3 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Re: Who is Archie Miller?

Unread post by theblueram »

Passive?
2 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

We will find out more in years 3 and 4 !
1 x
ram1980
Art Stephenson

Unread post by ram1980 »

Someone that may need to look in the mirror and reflect on what he needs to change to adapt to the new college basketball environment. Will his way eventually work or can he tweak his way to make this a successful program again?
2 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

ram1980 wrote: 2 months ago Someone that may need to look in the mirror and reflect on what he needs to change to adapt to the new college basketball environment. Will his way eventually work or can he tweak his way to make this a successful program again?
Yeah good questions 80 the jury is definitely still out
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Flat Stanley?
1 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

Iggy1979 wrote: 2 months ago I would argue that every URI team I've seen to some extent has taken on the personality of the coach. From the negativity of Baron to the intensity of Hurley.
Good thread, Iggy.

I think Archie is competitive, intense (but not on a Dan H level), introverted (but unsure how much), very focused, above average in intelligence (unsure of how high above avg from where I sit), very high level of basketball intelligence, is able to move on after a loss, able to take responsibility and be accountable.

That’s all I can gather so far from the limited exposure I have.

The characteristics I mentioned that could transfer to the team - competitiveness, focus, high basketball IQ, accountability - I have noticed in the team but infrequently, other than accountability. I do think the players hold themselves accountable from what I have seen and heard in post game pressers.
4 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Jdrums#3 wrote: 2 months ago
Iggy1979 wrote: 2 months ago I would argue that every URI team I've seen to some extent has taken on the personality of the coach. From the negativity of Baron to the intensity of Hurley.
Good thread, Iggy.

I think Archie is competitive, intense (but not on a Dan H level), introverted (but unsure how much), very focused, above average in intelligence (unsure of how high above avg from where I sit), very high level of basketball intelligence, is able to move on after a loss, able to take responsibility and be accountable.

The characteristics I mentioned that could transfer to the team - competitiveness, focus, high basketball IQ, accountability - I have noticed in the team but infrequently, other than accountability. I do think the players hold themselves accountable from what I have seen and heard in post game pressers.
Good thoughts Drums , I think you mostly nailed it
2 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

For me, he seems to more of a basketball analyst than a teacher/coach.
4 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

Archie seems to be inscrutable. I sure as hell can't figure out his team.
2 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Good thread, Iggy.

Agreed Drums.

Though I'm not sure every team needs to do that to be successful. I think our collective views on this subject are driven completely by what we all saw out of Dan Hurley. He's 1 of 1. In terms of fire/competitiveness. When everyone complained about Dan - for the first 4.5 years - it was about his inability to make adjustments. He refused to change defenses. He seemed inflexible with player rotations. But despite that, his teams were just going to outwork you no matter what. I don't know how many other teams in college basketball are successful in that way.

Dan's 2 best teams at URI had something incredibly important though: Jeff Dowtin.

Archie's best teams at Dayton were smart. They were smart because they had a smart PG and floor general in Schoochie Smith.

Conversely, Dave Cox also had Jeff Dowtin - but what did he do with him? Moved him off the ball and had a significantly less intelligent PG running the offense. How did that work?

My point being is that the importance of a true PG cannot be overstated. A lot of the focus is on Archie - and that's how it goes, he's the head coach. But the coach on the sidelines is significantly less important during games than the coach on the floor.

Plenty of times this year I see Archie pushing and screaming and motioning the guys to get up the floor and run. I just don't think they have the ability to execute on that with the ball in their hands. Nothing to take away from Luis as a guard/scorer - but he's not a floor general.

We have to hope Hammond is that guy or this feeling of nothingness is going to persist for years.
1 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

Blue Man wrote: 2 months ago
Good thread, Iggy.

Agreed Drums.

Though I'm not sure every team needs to do that to be successful. I think our collective views on this subject are driven completely by what we all saw out of Dan Hurley. He's 1 of 1. In terms of fire/competitiveness. When everyone complained about Dan - for the first 4.5 years - it was about his inability to make adjustments. He refused to change defenses. He seemed inflexible with player rotations. But despite that, his teams were just going to outwork you no matter what. I don't know how many other teams in college basketball are successful in that way.

Dan's 2 best teams at URI had something incredibly important though: Jeff Dowtin.

Archie's best teams at Dayton were smart. They were smart because they had a smart PG and floor general in Schoochie Smith.

Conversely, Dave Cox also had Jeff Dowtin - but what did he do with him? Moved him off the ball and had a significantly less intelligent PG running the offense. How did that work?

My point being is that the importance of a true PG cannot be overstated. A lot of the focus is on Archie - and that's how it goes, he's the head coach. But the coach on the sidelines is significantly less important during games than the coach on the floor.

Plenty of times this year I see Archie pushing and screaming and motioning the guys to get up the floor and run. I just don't think they have the ability to execute on that with the ball in their hands. Nothing to take away from Luis as a guard/scorer - but he's not a floor general.

We have to hope Hammond is that guy or this feeling of nothingness is going to persist for years.
Yes Blue Man, PG has been a problem this season.

I was never truly comfortable throwing Luis into that role as floor general this season.
I wasn't convinced of that when he was at Quinnipiac, which was a concern.
I also felt that maybe Ways would step up or possibly Cam, but neither had Div. 1 experience, so it would take a little time with them. Cam may be more of a CG.

Either way not sure Hammond will immediately come in and take over, there will probably be an adjustment period.

Another issue this season was none of our bigs: Fuchs, Brown, and Foumena had any Div. 1 experience.
We may see a big improvement from them as a group in 24-25.
Last edited by Jersey77 2 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Good thread, Iggy.

Agreed Drums.

I love when I see Archie screaming and waving his arm trying to get them to push the pace and all I see is Luis slowly running with the ball (not for lack of effort, he's just slow), nobody trying to hustle to fill lanes and Fuchs about 20 feet behind everybody else jogging up the court. How many fast break layups or dunks to we have this year? I'm trying to remember one. I'm not counting steals which lead to wide open dunks. I'm talking about rebounding the ball, getting the ball to the PG, the PG getting to the center of the floor and others filling lanes. I honestly don't remember any.
3 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

BB78 I honestly haven’t exactly figured out what Miller is running primarily on offense. Defense yeah Pack Line I get. It’s not high post (UCLA) offense Cox failed to implement where two guards attack with no primary PG ( thus Dowtin “off the ball”) it’s not a form of motion and it’s definitely not fast break (limited by Kortright lack of foot speed) It’s not focused on dribble drive like Hurley emphasized tho there’s a lot of that with House.

Seems to me like a series of plays severely limited by lack of footspeed with no thought to “system”

There’s definitely no Schootchie on this team perhaps the arrival of Hammond will help Miller install a philosophy/system. It’s hard for off the ball players to “fill lanes” on a fast break when the ball shows up 5 seconds later.

Somebody smarter than me help me understand what I’m not seeing please.
1 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

hrstrat57 wrote: 2 months ago BB78 I honestly haven’t exactly figured out what Miller is running primarily on offense. Defense yeah Pack Line I get. It’s not high post (UCLA) offense Cox failed to implement where two guards attack with no primary PG ( thus Dowtin “off the ball”) it’s not a form of motion and it’s definitely not fast break (limited by Kortright lack of foot speed) It’s not focused on dribble drive like Hurley emphasized tho there’s a lot of that with House.

Seems to me like a series of plays severely limited by lack of footspeed with no thought to “system”

There’s definitely no Schootchie on this team perhaps the arrival of Hammond will help Miller install a philosophy/system. It’s hard for off the ball players to “fill lanes” on a fast break when the ball shows up 5 seconds later.

Even when Ways is advancing the ball, and he is pretty fast, I don't see it.
0 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

To quote Blue Man's "Conversely, Dave Cox also had Jeff Dowtin - but what did he do with him? Moved him off the ball and had a significantly less intelligent PG running the offense. How did that work?" - 5 plus years later and I'm still infuriated by this awful decision.
3 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
PlayMikeMotenMore
Tom Garrick

Unread post by PlayMikeMotenMore »

If you believe this, which is fine, what was the personality of Tom Penders's and Al Skinner's teams?
1 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Rhode_Island_Red wrote: 2 months ago Archie seems to be inscrutable. I sure as hell can't figure out his team.
Red, I haven’t heard the word inscrutable in years. I had to go look it up because I forgot what it meant. lol!
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Rhode_Island_Red wrote: 2 months ago Archie seems to be inscrutable. I sure as hell can't figure out his team.
Red, I haven’t heard the word inscrutable in years. I had to go look it up because I forgot what it meant. lol!
I had to look it up too :oops: :oops:
1 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

PlayMikeMotenMore wrote: 2 months ago
If you believe this, which is fine, what was the personality of Tom Penders's and Al Skinner's teams?
Good questions. I really enjoyed their time here.

Al is one of my favorites.

Ooph. I’d have to go back and watch video of both teams under both coaches to answer. My memory is mush compared to what it used to be.

Could make for another good thread considering the season is winding down.
1 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

hrstrat57 wrote: 2 months ago BB78 I honestly haven’t exactly figured out what Miller is running primarily on offense. Defense yeah Pack Line I get. It’s not high post (UCLA) offense Cox failed to implement where two guards attack with no primary PG ( thus Dowtin “off the ball”) it’s not a form of motion and it’s definitely not fast break (limited by Kortright lack of foot speed) It’s not focused on dribble drive like Hurley emphasized tho there’s a lot of that with House.

I honestly think you nailed it. I don't think he's really running any traditional halfcourt "system." I feel like we see some masterful playcalling out of timeouts and inbounding scenarios. Just nothing in the halfcourt.

From what I remember of those Dayton teams it was transition offense. That's the killer and why we look so inept in the half court is because that's not how Archie wants to play. From his presser I remember Arch saying he wanted to score before the defense even sets up. That sure as shit isn't what we've seen this year.

The packline is meant to disrupt passing lanes and turn the ball over, which immediately feeds into transition basketball. We lack the footspeed, ball handling, and/or IQ to execute on that so we wind up in a half court offense we're not prepared to execute on.

If Archie failed at IU, it's because he had to recruit bigs to stand up to B1G play, and couldn't run the floor as a part of that system.

I think that's why Fuchs jogging sometimes is more noticeable, and why Luis pulling up with the ball is such a killer for us.

If Hammond is that guy, next year will get a lot better as the year goes on. If not, I will probably collapse in on myself like a dying star.
2 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to Rhody's NIL
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Solid word crafting there. Ivy League stuff, way beyond state U. Usage of the word inscrutable is unfathomable to me.

😆
3 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

I honestly think you nailed it. I don't think he's really running any traditional halfcourt "system." I feel like we see some masterful playcalling out of timeouts and inbounding scenarios. Just nothing in the halfcourt.

From what I remember of those Dayton teams it was transition offense. That's the killer and why we look so inept in the half court is because that's not how Archie wants to play. From his presser I remember Arch saying he wanted to score before the defense even sets up. That sure as shit isn't what we've seen this year.

The packline is meant to disrupt passing lanes and turn the ball over, which immediately feeds into transition basketball. We lack the footspeed, ball handling, and/or IQ to execute on that so we wind up in a half court offense we're not prepared to execute on.

If Archie failed at IU, it's because he had to recruit bigs to stand up to B1G play, and couldn't run the floor as a part of that system.

I think that's why Fuchs jogging sometimes is more noticeable, and why Luis pulling up with the ball is such a killer for us.

If Hammond is that guy, next year will get a lot better as the year goes on. If not, I will probably collapse in on myself like a dying star.
Yes, he describes it as 'playing fast'. But do we have the players to 'play fast'? Who is fast on our team? Always Wright is fast, but what does he do well? Green is a good player, but he's not fast. House has decent speed, but I wouldn't call him fast. Brandon plays and runs hard, but he's not fast. Same with Luis. Hammond looks to be both fast and talented on tape, but who is going to run with him next year, maybe Cam? I don't know.
1 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Yeah its crazy how even though Ways won't even try to score, our offense will often move so much better with him just because he pushes the ball. Luis takes his damn time that's for sure....

Need Hammond to be that dude, see if Ways can get much better, Fuchs needs to lose weight or something to get that motor up, keep Fou, develope Fou, start Fou, Brown needs to transfer, get a Bilau replacement that has similar size and skill that's not made of glass.

In: Hammond, Farrell and transfer big 6'10 plus
Out : Brown, Rory and Bilau (unless Bilau can magically be healthy, but no way you can rely on that)

Bring back everyone else.

Either way, defense has to get better, need a true PG and need a good big man.
0 x
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

When I think of Archie, I think- introverted, little outward enthusiasm, not a “salesman”, . How does that fit in the recruiting battles?
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Yeah I don’t mind Arch on the offensive end , he draws up nice plays and that’s not our main problem which is on the defensive end right now
0 x
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

hrstrat57 wrote: 2 months ago
Solid word crafting there. Ivy League stuff, way beyond state U. Usage of the word inscrutable is unfathomable to me.

😆
Proud alum of the URI class of 1980. I had professors in several disciplines who constantly preached the gospel of language skills. Everything I needed to know I learned at URI.
Last edited by Rhode_Island_Red 2 months ago, edited 3 times in total.
1 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

It would seem these days he is a very mediocre coach. :lol:
2 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

RF1 wrote: 2 months ago It would seem these days he is a very mediocre coach. :lol:
Very very fair and a big drop off from his days @ Dayton , let’s see what he does moving forward he can still redeem himself hopefully but it’s going to take hard work and a little bit of luck
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

RF1 wrote: 2 months ago It would seem these days he is a very mediocre coach. :lol:
Mediocre would be an upgrade...this team is 4 games under mediocre. They'd have to win out to get to mediocre
0 x
Rhodyg
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Rhodyg »

PeterRamTime wrote: 2 months ago

Yeah its crazy how even though Ways won't even try to score, our offense will often move so much better with him just because he pushes the ball. Luis takes his damn time that's for sure....

Need Hammond to be that dude, see if Ways can get much better, Fuchs needs to lose weight or something to get that motor up, keep Fou, develope Fou, start Fou, Brown needs to transfer, get a Bilau replacement that has similar size and skill that's not made of glass.

Out : Brown, Rory and Bilau (unless Bilau can magically be healthy, but no way you can rely on that)

Wow you’re quite optimistic. I understand you posted this a day ago and last nights may have swayed your prediction, but this team will be losing 6 players easily… Legitimate players. Ones who will have an impact at better programs. I hope I am wrong. I can only imagine all the shit talk behind the scenes about each other and the staff. Zero culture anymore. We are a “basketball school” yet there is legitimate backing from probably 20-25 students. Ahhh, they will show up when we are good you are probably thinking in your head right now. Well recruits are enticed by atmosphere, so. Hammond and Farrell better be game changers. Otherwise the damage might just become too severe to overcome in this new college basketball. TLDR; Archie Miller cannot sell to the modern college student and we are not a basketball school- we are a nothing school for the time being. Miller needs to show up to the student union, shoot the shit with random students around campus, sit down at the table with kids, build the culture back that this university once - and that starts with the students. Tweets aren’t gonna work
2 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

I’ll agree wholeheartedly with the above in that our HC has to piss excellence and has to lead by example. This isn’t UD there isn’t a machine behind you. The HC at URI is the engine and has to be for it to work. That’s why Dan was so effective.
4 x
Rhody22
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Rhody22 »

If those are the only personnel changes next year, I don’t think we are significantly better than we are today…
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Rhodyg wrote: 2 months ago

Wow you’re quite optimistic. I understand you posted this a day ago and last nights may have swayed your prediction, but this team will be losing 6 players easily… Legitimate players. Ones who will have an impact at better programs. I hope I am wrong. I can only imagine all the shit talk behind the scenes about each other and the staff. Zero culture anymore. We are a “basketball school” yet there is legitimate backing from probably 20-25 students. Ahhh, they will show up when we are good you are probably thinking in your head right now. Well recruits are enticed by atmosphere, so. Hammond and Farrell better be game changers. Otherwise the damage might just become too severe to overcome in this new college basketball. TLDR; Archie Miller cannot sell to the modern college student and we are not a basketball school- we are a nothing school for the time being. Miller needs to show up to the student union, shoot the shit with random students around campus, sit down at the table with kids, build the culture back that this university once - and that starts with the students. Tweets aren’t gonna work
My post wasn't a prediction lol what are you talking about? I just proposed a scenario that may make us better.

No doubt our team is likely much better with a true PG, another good big man and most of our guys back. I just didn't bring up who may transfer out.

Also, the students don't care because we suck. Simple as that. Winning will sell it just fine. If we were rolling they'd be there. It is really that simple.
Last edited by PeterRamTime 2 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

bigappleram wrote: 2 months ago I’ll agree wholeheartedly with the above in that our HC has to piss excellence and has to lead by example. This isn’t UD there isn’t a machine behind you. The HC at URI is the engine and has to be for it to work. That’s why Dan was so effective.
Dan was so effective because he built excitement with great players and wins. His pizza delivery helped, but I'm just not worried about Archie being too introverted. That's the least of our problems.
0 x
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

bigappleram wrote: 2 months ago I’ll agree wholeheartedly with the above in that our HC has to piss excellence and has to lead by example. This isn’t UD there isn’t a machine behind you. The HC at URI is the engine and has to be for it to work. That’s why Dan was so effective.
Dan was so effective because he built excitement with great players and wins. His pizza delivery helped, but I'm just not worried about Archie being too introverted. That's the least of our problems.
Does his introverted personality impact our recruiting efforts? Concerning recruiting and the portal, Is he effective at closing the deal with todays’ college players? Players want to be sold that they are going to be part of something big, they will be a critical part and how good we will be.Eg DH. Can Archie do it now?
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Rhody22 wrote: 2 months ago

If those are the only personnel changes next year, I don’t think we are significantly better than we are today…
Well there are about 1 million examples of teams returning a bunch of players from a bad team only to turn it completely around.

Impossible to tell how much better a true PG and another good big man could make this team.

I'm also saying this well aware we could have another mass exodus, but I do like a lot of the players on this team. We have ability, they may just need a few more pieces and more time. I mean, 11 new guys and half the roster being in and out of the lineup is a recipe for disaster. No freaking wonder we suck. House, Luis and Tyson are the only three players that have played in every game.

We'll see how the season plays out, who stays, goes and comes in.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

There are several things working against URI's recruiting better players.

The name Archie Miller simply doesn't carry the same cache that Dan Hurley does.

Better transfers such as P5's aren't likely to want to go to a losing program, they want to win right away not just get more playing time.

NIL money. The competition is fierce among mid majors trying to bring in better talent. Does our collective have the funds to compete for them?

Bringing in transfers from the America East's of the world isnt going to get it done as Archie is painfully finding out.

Too slow, poor BB IQ, bad FT shooting that's what we're getting with most of our transfers to date.

To succeed here he has to somehow bring in more than just freshmen that can play a lick.

More major turnover is needed there's too much dead weight.
1 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Archie is one of the highest paid coaches in the A10.

He is being paid to win basketball games, and not take forever to do so.

I doubt the powers that be at URI will be happy to continue to see a half full RC for too much longer.

There is more pressure to win for sure.

If URI continues to suck at basketball by year 4 of Archie's 5 year contract, the packline will be sent packing
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

McRam wrote: 2 months ago
Does his introverted personality impact our recruiting efforts? Concerning recruiting and the portal, Is he effective at closing the deal with todays’ college players? Players want to be sold that they are going to be part of something big, they will be a critical part and how good we will be.Eg DH. Can Archie do it now?
That's a better question!

I cant help but acknowledge he inherited a muuuuuch stronger Dayton program than what we did here and he inherited a bunch of talent already on the roster. Didn't have to build much. Just had to elevate the program past the NIT to the dance.

At Indiana he didn't inherit as much as struggled....but didn't struggle near this badly.
0 x
Rhodyg
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Rhodyg »

Rhodyg wrote: 2 months ago

My post wasn't a prediction lol what are you talking about? I just proposed a scenario that may make us better.

No doubt our team is likely much better with a true PG, another good big man and most of our guys back. I just didn't bring up who may transfer out.

Also, the students don't care because we suck. Simple as that. Winning will sell it just fine. If we were rolling they'd be there. It is really that simple.
I’ll put it differently. If Dayton’s team sucked like ours did, their students would STILL show up in the hundreds. They are a real basketball school and have a real basketball culture. We are the total opposite, yet we still claim to be a basketball school. But we’ll only show up when we’re good. Pathetic
0 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Asked this before in other threads. We crush the students for inconsistent attendance but what’s with all the empties foul line to foul line in the lower bowl! Aren’t those season holders and/or our most affluent fans? Where they at?
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

The other post was too long to respond to....there may be 6 players leave, but there are not "6 players that will leave and make contributions at higher level programs"...unless you count a Bassy sitch and consider an Albany to be a higher level program. (You might have a point these days, altho not historically)

And I agree that Arch needs to get out there and talk to people but that ain't who he is, and we're all going to suffer for it.
2 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

hrstrat57 wrote: 2 months ago Asked this before in other threads. We crush the students for inconsistent attendance but what’s with all the empties foul line to foul line in the lower bowl! Aren’t those season holders and/or our most affluent fans? Where they at?
I/ll offer, not in any order; warmer climates, can’t pass along tickets or don’t bother to try, the money spent is as no big deal not to show, product is not up to their standards, general apathy about where the program currently is etc. No?
1 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

section(105) wrote: 2 months ago
hrstrat57 wrote: 2 months ago Asked this before in other threads. We crush the students for inconsistent attendance but what’s with all the empties foul line to foul line in the lower bowl! Aren’t those season holders and/or our most affluent fans? Where they at?
I/ll offer, not in any order; warmer climates, can’t pass along tickets or don’t bother to try, the money spent is as no big deal not to show, product is not up to their standards, general apathy about where the program currently is etc. No?
Nailed it.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

This team does have some talent and I feel wholesale roster changes are not needed.
3 rebuilds in 3 years would be a disaster, and not exactly what any of us would have expected.

Right now, the staff needs to up their game as far as developing this team to improve defensively.
All that can be coachable, if it means simplifying things, then so be it.

How ever this off-season plays out, I want to see much better results in 24-25.
I don't feel we should expect any less from Archie.
1 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

section(105) wrote: 2 months ago
So the students aren’t entitled to have the same reaction to the team mediocre performance?
1 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Of course they are and they are demonstrating that right in front of us. I was commenting on the more affluent season tickets holder.
1 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

I enjoy the comments about getting impatient from the same people who wanted Dan Hurley fired mid-season in February of 2017.

The board is starting to collectively do that thing again where the previous coach is absolved of all their sins and now the new coach needs to atone for them in a much less reasonable timetable.

Fun times ahead!
2 x

Give to Rhody's NIL
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Blue Man wrote: 2 months ago I enjoy the comments about getting impatient from the same people who wanted Dan Hurley fired mid-season in February of 2017.

The board is starting to collectively do that thing again where the previous coach is absolved of all their sins and now the new coach needs to atone for them in a much less reasonable timetable.

Fun times ahead!
Not sure any posters feel that Archie should get fired at this point, although many are disappointed in our progress so far.

Again, Dan managed to keep the core and young talent together and win 23 games and finish 2nd in the A10 (13-5) in year 3. Let's see if Archie can compare or come close, I am hoping.
0 x