Who is Archie Miller?

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Spook5365
Marc Upshaw

Re: Who is Archie Miller?

Unread post by Spook5365 »

SGreenwell wrote: 1 month ago
Spook5365 wrote: 1 month ago I’ve waited decades for a big like Foumena. Back to a life of 6’7 1/2” centers I go.
I guess? I mean, he's promising, but he's averaging 1.6 blocks and 10.9 rebounds per 40 minutes. A lot of his stats are similar to the Mitchell brothers, except he's listed at 6'11" and they're 6'10". I would much rather have undersized but highly effective guys at the 4 and 5, since size has never meant less than at the present.
He’s a freshman. The Mitchell’s didn’t come here as first time college players. He needed playing time. He didn’t get it. How many times have we all heard it takes time for those guys to develop. If he was ready to be a starter with eye popping stats from day 1 we would not have him here he’d be in P5. Projects R Us.
0 x
Spook5365
Marc Upshaw

Unread post by Spook5365 »

RhodyKyle wrote: 1 month ago
Spook5365 wrote: 1 month ago I’ve waited decades for a big like Foumena. Back to a life of 6’7 1/2” centers I go.
Kendall Pollard, you say? Archie took Dayton to a S16 with 6'6" Pollard playing C
I’m aware. I’m also aware how often that doesn’t happen.
0 x
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

Spook5365 wrote: 1 month ago
RhodyKyle wrote: 1 month ago
Kendall Pollard, you say? Archie took Dayton to a S16 with 6'6" Pollard playing C
I’m aware. I’m also aware how often that doesn’t happen.
If Dave Cox were still our coach, I'd agree with you. We have the guy who performed that feat so I'm not as worried.
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Yeah I don’t get the whole Big Fou benching , he’s productful and he plays hard

I would expect him to transfer to a similar level conference where he can play more
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

reef wrote: 1 month ago Yeah I don’t get the whole Big Fou benching , he’s productful and he plays hard

I would expect him to transfer to a similar level conference where he can play more
Disagree. He stays here or moves down.
0 x
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by UCH21377 »

PeterRamTime wrote: 1 month ago
Blue Man wrote: 1 month ago
PeterRamTime wrote: 1 month ago The Foumena thing realllly f'n bothers me

We finally have a center with P6 size and skill and either the coach doesn't believe in him...and likes Tyson Brown's game better or some damn reason...or Fou just refuses to do what the coaches ask him to do. Like wild offensive sequences and not doing what he needs to do defensively.

But yeah, guess we'll just roll with undersized centers from now on 🙄
Is it that the coach doesn't believe in him? Or the player doesn't want to listen to the coach?

And I'm not saying I disagree, because I love Foumena's upside. But you can't deny that for his talent - he makes equally boneheaded plays. Sequences that were truly spectacular - that would up as net-negatives. He's young, and young guys make mistakes - but is he the kind of guy who wants to be coached and learn from his mistakes? Or is he the kind of guy who doesn't want to hear it and do his own thing? Only the coaching staff sees that.

I don't think he should be forbidden from shooting since he's a better 3 pt shooter than Kortright or Montgomery, and his looks are usually open. But it's clear that the kid doesn't want to listen to Archie. Talent or not that matters.

Brayon Freeman, Dana Tate, Jordan Hare...those guys come around and they don't help anyone, especially themselves. You can have all the talent in the world, but if you don't want to be coachable - you're not worth whatever upside you bring.

I thought Archie gave him too short a leash personally, but I have to assume that behind the scenes he was tough to deal with and didn't want to hear what Archie had to say. That's the only thing that makes sense. And considering Archie is a known commodity, not a first time HC, I'm going to default to "he knows what he's doing" and trust him.
Yeah it has to be that. Hope maybe they can work it out.

It's just extra frustrating to me because we FINALLY have a talented center with high major size and upside and of course it falls apart. 😡

I'm just so sick of us always having small centers. Works in the A-10 and you can win with 6'8 centers, but I believe you need 6'10+ guys down low to at least keep you from running into a Duke situation. You just don't see a lot of good teams sporting two 6'8 centers like we do, especially at the P6 level.

The fact Archie went after Bilau and Fou in the first place gives me hope that he will replace them with guys with similar size. A healthy version of Bilau and a coachable version of Fou sure would be nice for the future...

I just don't see much upside with Tyson. I think he's bought in and has played hard but...he's undersized, average athlete and is just incredibly soft. We have to be able to find someone better that can compliment Fuchs.
Would you prefer some 6’11” guy to Hassan Martin Seawright or Langevine? I understand the “Duke situation” but at least we got in a position to play Duke in the NCAAs. We sure as hell won’t be doing that with Foumena.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

There could be off the court issues as to why he's not playing.

If so I doubt he stays.
0 x
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

rambone 78 wrote: 1 month ago There could be off the court issues as to why he's not playing.

If so I doubt he stays.
If it's an off the court issue, I doubt me wanting him to stay (unless it's trying to get his car out of an impound lot).
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Big Fou has good form on his jumper and can score down low , he has a decent future but who the heck knows where
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

I guess? I mean, he's promising, but he's averaging 1.6 blocks and 10.9 rebounds per 40 minutes. A lot of his stats are similar to the Mitchell brothers, except he's listed at 6'11" and they're 6'10". I would much rather have undersized but highly effective guys at the 4 and 5, since size has never meant less than at the present.
Lol

He's in his first year playing college basketball and he averages 16.5 points 10.9 rebounds and 1.6 blocks per 40 minutes

That's 3rd on the team in pts ( more than Fuchs) and he's only averaging 1.3 less rebounds per game than Fuchs.

That's not a bad statline for a 6'11 rookie in the A-10 with three more seasons of eligibility.

So is he just never going to get better in 3 years?
I just think it's really hyperbolic to say that he's the kind of player we've been waiting decades for. He's got a good stat line for a redshirt freshman big man. I don't think he's a program changer.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Big Fou definitely deserves minutes over Tyson even if it’s just 10-12 per night

DNPCD is just plain wrong
0 x
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

Obviously, Archie has had it with Fou.! Looks like he is sending him a message, is the message, “Go Portaling young man”

Think,so
0 x
KeaneyTheChemist
Abdul Fox

Unread post by KeaneyTheChemist »

I'm starting to think URI should have made an effort to hire Ed Cooley after he left PC.

A guaranteed round of 64 exit every year would still be far better than the trainwreck of a program that we have currently with Archie at the helm.
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

KeaneyTheChemist wrote: 1 month ago I'm starting to think URI should have made an effort to hire Ed Cooley after he left PC.

A guaranteed round of 64 exit every year would still be far better than the trainwreck of a program that we have currently with Archie at the helm.
Aaaaaa, NO
1 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Archie Miller URI Tenure

SEASON | OVERALL | A-10 | SEED
2022-23 | 9-22 | 5-13 | 14
2023-24 | 12-20 | 6-12 | 12
TOTAL | 21-42 | 11-25 | 13 (avg)

Miller is 0-2 in the A-10 Tournament having lost both games on the first day of the PIG round. His program has been entirely shut out of the A-10 Season Awards in each year as it has had zero representation. Archie has a losing home record of 16-17 in two years of play at the Ryan Center. Some of these losses have come at the hands of Brown (2x), New Hampshire, Quinnipiac, Texas St, and Fordham.
Last edited by RF1 1 month ago, edited 2 times in total.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

I don't know if it was one of our Keaney Blue members, but someone on twitter said he was threatened in private messages from some of our prominent donors after he criticized Archie. That is not good.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

If that's true that's sad.

I know I've been critical of this staff too, but it's fair game.

If our big boosters are happy with Archie?

They must think he will turn it around once the NIL fund gets big enough to bring in better talent.

I'm sure Archie has told the higher ups by now that he can't bring in the talent needed without the dough to pay them.

That's the state of affairs we're now in.
0 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

Who is Archie Miller ?

he is my coach who will lead Rhody into a consistent NCAA team

I still firmly believe that - we need to clean house with most of our team and keep 8 players..

i defined them earlier.. but now beginning to think it should be 6-8..

those with no heart and don't play defense can be shown the door.. and that's even our starters

unfortunately this is not going as planned - but i (for one..) still has confidence in our coach
3 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 month ago I don't know if it was one of our Keaney Blue members, but someone on twitter said he was threatened in private messages from some of our prominent donors after he criticized Archie. That is not good.
I kinda love that. I'd rather have the donors completely aligned and behind the program and coach. That's a net positive.

Again. It's a funny social experiment to see how people are ready to burn Archie at the stake and have him fired 2 years into a rebuild because we did a thing we've done a majority of times as a program, lose the first round of the A10 tourney.

I still don't get where this vitriol was for Dave Cox when he took the championship program we had and drove them into the dirt.

Dave Cox was a bad coach with good talent (from Dan Hurley). Archie Miller is a good coach who is trying to grow the talent level.

Dave Cox had 3 all conference players (with an NBA PG), a top recruiting class (with an NBA player), and 3 upperclassmen on the team who had 2 years of tournament and conference championship experience. Dave Cox also had feverish excitement around the basketball program, including a top 5 crowd in the Ryan Center, and a brand that he leveraged to get 1 ranked NCAA team on his schedule in the first 2 years.

Archie had a bare cupboard. No players. No momentum. And in this new world of NIL, that lack of momentum translates to the exact reason it's tough to get players. We had players asking us for money that we couldn't give, so they went elsewhere.

I'm kinda used to it at this point, considering the same people ready to fire Archie are the same people who are going to pretend they weren't doing the same thing to Dan Hurley.

Just like 19 years of NCAA drought didn't hang on Dan's head, neither does 6 years of basketball wasteland hang on Archies. There are things to improve, of course. Archie is an experienced, successful coach. He knows that. But can we stop condemning the guy doing the rebuilding while sparing the guy who did the killing of the program?
1 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

From the Projo today. Sounds like Archie wants to run it back with a good amount of the guys from this season.

“We need to bring back a significant portion of this roster that’s about the right things, and we need our fans to start to grow with them a little bit.

“We need our place to start to understand who they are. They've seen them play. That’s the first step in really trying to get to that next step – having that continuity. Whatever that number is, it’s important.”
2 x
Go Rhody
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Rhody15 wrote: 1 month ago From the Projo today. Sounds like Archie wants to run it back with a good amount of the guys from this season.

“We need to bring back a significant portion of this roster that’s about the right things, and we need our fans to start to grow with them a little bit.

“We need our place to start to understand who they are. They've seen them play. That’s the first step in really trying to get to that next step – having that continuity. Whatever that number is, it’s important.”
100%. A complete start over will change my tune about how I feel.

There's talent here. There's also immaturity and youth. A year in the system makes all the difference. Loyola returned 5 guys and added mature seniors to their mix.
0 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to Rhody's NIL
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Rhody15 wrote: 1 month ago From the Projo today. Sounds like Archie wants to run it back with a good amount of the guys from this season.

OK , a core, whomever they are(we debated a lot on who)is needed, what ever the number is, for no more than 5. Of corse one of those is Fou, which is doubtful.
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

There's talent here. There's also immaturity and youth. A year in the system makes all the difference. Loyola returned 5 guys and added mature seniors to their mix.
Regarding the backcourt, I'd prefer Luis to leave over House.

We're playing St Louis, one of the worst team in the A10, and Kortright is struggling to bring the ball up, getting the ball stolen right over half court, can't make the easy pass, etc etc.

Yea he's strong and can back down smaller guards, but it seems to always be a struggle with him. He's just not fast or athletic enough.

House may have rubbed some people the wrong way with his attitude and whatnot, but he can heat up in a hurry. He's talented. A true scorer.

Give me House, Cam, Hammond in the backcourt, and the sprinkle in one or two others.
0 x
Go Rhody
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Rhody15 wrote: 1 month ago

We're playing St Louis, one of the worst team in the A10, and Kortright is struggling to bring the ball up, getting the ball stolen right over half court, can't make the easy pass, etc etc.

Yea he's strong and can back down smaller guards, but it seems to always be a struggle with him. He's just not fast or athletic enough.

House may have rubbed some people the wrong way with his attitude and whatnot, but he can heat up in a hurry. He's talented. A true scorer.

Give me House, Cam, Hammond in the backcourt, and the sprinkle in one or two others.
I don't disagree. I'd take both back to be honest, but if it's one guy I'd take House.

Luis isn't a great PG - but he is a plus ball handler. And having multiple guys that can handle the ball - and also have experience as a PG in the offense - is a plus. A true freshman in Hammond isn't coming in to play 40 a game. Luis as a backup PG is still solid.

House has an attitude, but if he can be coached to channel that attitude he's going to make a huge jump.

He was still our scoring leader - and despite those missed FT's yesterday (he was our 4th best FT shooter, albeit below average) - he was the guy who could change the game when he showed up. Yesterday was one of those days, but he couldn't close it out. A more experience him is a good thing for next year's team.

If you can retain a core - the guys that Arch says are going about it the "right way" and add in a grad transfer big and maybe a grad transfer PG, someone similar to a Jarvis to hand over the reigns to Hammond, I think we're in a great spot.

My hope -

grad transfer PG - Hammond
House - Estevez
Weston - Farrell
Green - transfer
Fuchs - grad transfer big

I think you'll see some big development leaps from the guys that return. But I'd still like some big time transfers to help the young guys learn. I'm hoping for those 5 back.
1 x

Give to Rhody's NIL
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

We've got to get to the point where we can have success of course, but once there sustain that success.

With winning gets the NIL funds consistently high which ensures we keep getting better talent.

I can only imagine what UConns NIL fund is, and will continue to be with their success level!

Along with a great coach, will guarantee that UConn will continue to win big.
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

I don't disagree. I'd take both back to be honest, but if it's one guy I'd take House.

Luis isn't a great PG - but he is a plus ball handler. And having multiple guys that can handle the ball - and also have experience as a PG in the offense - is a plus. A true freshman in Hammond isn't coming in to play 40 a game. Luis as a backup PG is still solid.

House has an attitude, but if he can be coached to channel that attitude he's going to make a huge jump.

He was still our scoring leader - and despite those missed FT's yesterday (he was our 4th best FT shooter, albeit below average) - he was the guy who could change the game when he showed up. Yesterday was one of those days, but he couldn't close it out. A more experience him is a good thing for next year's team.

If you can retain a core - the guys that Arch says are going about it the "right way" and add in a grad transfer big and maybe a grad transfer PG, someone similar to a Jarvis to hand over the reigns to Hammond, I think we're in a great spot.

My hope -

House - Estevez
Weston - Farrell
Green - transfer

I think you'll see some big development leaps from the guys that return. But I'd still like some big time transfers to help the young guys learn. I'm hoping for those 5 back.
Can't help, but imagine Arch will be going defense first this go around!

Especially at guard. Whoever it is I'd like them to be on par with the quickness we saw from teams like GMU, St Joe's, Dayton etc.

Adding Hammond with a dude who can really pressure the ball will help us sooooo much. I see Hammond being at least as good as Jarvis as a freshman.

Then having experienced bigs will be really important and its something we haven't had at all the last couple years.

Dream scenario is we keep Fou, lose Tyson and add someone with a couple years of experience there.
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

rambone 78 wrote: 1 month ago We've got to get to the point where we can have success of course, but once there sustain that success.

With winning gets the NIL funds consistently high which ensures we keep getting better talent.

I can only imagine what UConns NIL fund is, and will continue to be with their success level!

Hell yeah.

The nice thing about NIL funds is that we don't need to depend on other people, faceless donors, etc. I promise our big donors are doing A LOT.

But the problem with URI - as it has always been - is that we lack a significant donor base. I don't just mean in quantity of dollars, but in quantity of donors.

If the ~800 people on this board donated $10 per month - that's 1 elite player, or 2 good players. If the ~800 on this board donate $25 per month, that's a program changer plus and elite player.

Donations can't just be something we depend on others to do. The collective exists to give us...literally us, on this board...the ability to directly help get the players that URI wants.

We're lucky now that URI is contributing budget to give us a top rate staff and infrastructure around the program. But the fans need to chip in and give our staff the ability to get the players they want.
2 x

Give to Rhody's NIL
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

My hope -

House - Estevez
Weston - Farrell
Green - transfer

That's still 8 new players. That's a lot. Although I'm not sure who else from the current roster I'd like to keep. I guess I wouldn't mind Brown as a 3rd big in case of foul trouble/injury to play 10 or so minutes a game.
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

The more next years roster looks like this years the less the jump up in the standings climb.
1 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

section(105) wrote: 1 month ago The more next years roster looks like this years the less the jump up in the standings climb.
Not necessarily true.

Loyola literally went from worst to first this season with a good amount of players from last year.
1 x
Go Rhody
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

rambone 78 wrote: 1 month ago We've got to get to the point where we can have success of course, but once there sustain that success.

Hell yeah.

The nice thing about NIL funds is that we don't need to depend on other people, faceless donors, etc. I promise our big donors are doing A LOT.

But the problem with URI - as it has always been - is that we lack a significant donor base. I don't just mean in quantity of dollars, but in quantity of donors.

If the ~800 people on this board donated $10 per month - that's 1 elite player, or 2 good players. If the ~800 on this board donate $25 per month, that's a program changer plus and elite player.

Donations can't just be something we depend on others to do. The collective exists to give us...literally us, on this board...the ability to directly help get the players that URI wants.

We're lucky now that URI is contributing budget to give us a top rate staff and infrastructure around the program. But the fans need to chip in and give our staff the ability to get the players they want.
Completely agree here. Personally I like knowing that at least my donation is going directly to the players, which can have a direct impact on our success, as opposed to a general donation and crossing my fingers that someone at the University uses it in a way that will help us get better.

One other thing I think is important to note in regards to NIL...it feels sometimes like the conversation around NIL immediately turns in to this idea that we need to be competing with the P5's of the world to even have a chance to get good players and its simply not the case. We've very very rarely been in a situation where we were competing with P5's for players before NIL and that hasn't really changed all that much now either.

What we need to do, and what Stone has stated is the goal for the collective, is to be at or near the top of the A10 in NIL. Same as before, but this is just a new aspect of it. We just need to focus on being among the best in our conference and among similar profile schools. If we can be even better then that's great to! But we can be plenty competitive if we just focus on matching our peers. And there are very few, if any, similar type programs that are out there bringing in players on huge NIL deals that are out of our reach if we do just get near the top of the conference in NIL.
4 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I guess we just have to trust Arch and staff to make tweaks to the roster , I said good to have 4-6 players back but sounds like 6 or so will return if Arch wants to run it back and develop
1 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

re: House vs. Kortright, I'd probably want one to stay. I think House is more offense oriented, but can't play the 1 at all, while Kortright gives you a bit more positional flexibility. I don't think either plays enough defense to play them together. Keeping both probably means you either don't have "starter" minutes to give to a new recruit or transfer, or that one of them has to be OK with a bench role as a fourth or fifth year player on (likely) a non-tournament team.

I'm probably lower on Montgomery and Weston than others. Both are just so frustrating from an outsider perspective though, because it's seemingly feast or famine with their performance. I don't know how you plan a team or lineup if you don't know if they'll give you 15 points or 0 points in a given day. The cascade effect on the lineup when its a no-show day is that you're putting more pressure on others in the lineup, whether it is starters playing more minutes or churning through back of the bench options instead. Again, they're probably in the "keep 1" category for me, since I'd rather have some minutes available at the 2/3 for others.

Fuchs and Green would be the "try hard to retain" players for me, with Estevez close by. If Brown is fine being a backup big, then that's cool too. Foumena seems like he's already gone, whether its to pursue pro opportunities or to transfer somewhere else. Stewart has seemed overmatched for two years at this level, and so do Dubsky and Wright, but maybe you keep them if you need a bit more evidence. I also think that at this point, Miller probably wants some continuity instead of turning over 7 or 8 roster spots again.
2 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 month ago

My hope -

House - Estevez
Weston - Farrell
Green - transfer

That's still 8 new players. That's a lot. Although I'm not sure who else from the current roster I'd like to keep. I guess I wouldn't mind Brown as a 3rd big in case of foul trouble/injury to play 10 or so minutes a game.
I think that's the new norm. UConn won a natty with 3 returners and 7 new guys.

I have no problem with Brown coming back as a bench body either - I more put that list up as a depth chart of the top 10 guys. In my ideal scenario I don't see Luis or Brown cracking that rotation. In reality I'm sure it will be different.
0 x

Give to Rhody's NIL
BattleTested
Abdul Fox

Unread post by BattleTested »

Lol

He's in his first year playing college basketball and he averages 16.5 points 10.9 rebounds and 1.6 blocks per 40 minutes

That's 3rd on the team in pts ( more than Fuchs) and he's only averaging 1.3 less rebounds per game than Fuchs.

That's not a bad statline for a 6'11 rookie in the A-10 with three more seasons of eligibility.

I just think it's really hyperbolic to say that he's the kind of player we've been waiting decades for. He's got a good stat line for a redshirt freshman big man. I don't think he's a program changer.
He averaged 5.3 points & 3.8 rebounds per game.. Not sure where you saw or believed he averaged 16 ppg lol
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

BattleTested wrote: 1 month ago
Lol

He averaged 5.3 points & 3.8 rebounds per game.. Not sure where you saw or believed he averaged 16 ppg lol
Both my post and Peter's mentioned his per 40 minutes stats, not his per game averages.
2 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Luis didnt make the cut on the top 8 that i selected weeks ago...

House did

I wouldnt let House going giving his scoring.. even if a 6 man role..
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

ElmCityRhody wrote: 1 month ago

Luis didnt make the cut on the top 8 that i selected weeks ago...

House did

I wouldnt let House going giving his scoring.. even if a 6 man role..
House gets pissed when he comes out of games. You think he'd be happy coming off the bench?
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I’ll have to trust the staff on whether to bring Jaden back , when he gets it going he can drop 30 but other nights he struggles to get 10
0 x
ram1980
Art Stephenson

Unread post by ram1980 »

I'm a little confused by this. Increasingly after each deflating loss, Archie threw his players under the bus. Does he really feel that most of these guys should return. If so he may have to do some major damage control. I'm not warm and fuzzy about this working. We'll see soon how many players feel the same way. Obviously Foumena doesn't.
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

ram1980 wrote: 1 month ago

I'm a little confused by this. Increasingly after each deflating loss, Archie threw his players under the bus. Does he really feel that most of these guys should return. If so he may have to do some major damage control. I'm not warm and fuzzy about this working. We'll see soon how many players feel the same way. Obviously Foumena doesn't.
I think the key part of Archie's quote is "that's about the right things". To me that is Archie saying he needs to bring back as many of the guys who are about the right things as he can, not that most of the overall roster needs to be brought back. Now how many the staff feels are "about the right things" who knows, but say they feel like there are 6 guys that are about the right things then I think he means the goal is to keep as many of those 6 as he can.
3 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

ram1980 wrote: 1 month ago

It won’t work and there is no way this will happen. You have absolutely no shot of getting anywhere near the tourney with this core. 4-5 players at most. Starting from scratch again
0 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

I don’t think he is bringing back many

Shouldn’t be a surprise - he pretty much told us this all year

Get rid of the zek’s/luis/etc

I don’t care if they are good/decent players

They aren’t the right players
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

For me

Must Keep:
- House
- Cam
- Fuchs
- Green

Won't be upset if they leave or stay:
- Luis
- Weston
- Zek
- Brown
- Connor

Must Go:
- Ways
- Rory
3 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Rhodyg
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Rhodyg »

steveystuds06 wrote: 1 month ago For me

Must Keep:
- House
- Cam
- Fuchs
- Green

- Luis
- Weston
- Zek
- Brown
- Connor

Must Go:
- Ways
- Rory
Must keep Weston
0 x
BobfromMatunuck
Michael Andersen

Unread post by BobfromMatunuck »

We all need to help Ryan by creating an environment where he can be successful. Of course the street works both ways, but supporting the collective, going to games, and telling a few of your friends what is going on in Kingston is just a start
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

OK, have to say been there and done that over 60 years of following, supporting the program in a variety of ways. Go Rhody
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Rhodyg wrote: 1 month ago
steveystuds06 wrote: 1 month ago For me

Must Keep:
- House
- Cam
- Fuchs
- Green

- Luis
- Weston
- Zek
- Brown
- Connor

Must Go:
- Ways
- Rory
Must keep Weston
Weston is fine. He's, at best, a solid bench piece on a good A10 team. If Archie can't upgrade the wing position, I'd take him back. But I'm hoping Archie can land more consistent two-way wings.

Weston played starter minutes in the last 12 games of the season. I think he stood out because he hustled and didn't play dogshit defense like everyone else. But we could use a better starting wing. Weston as a bench piece? Sign me up.

His stats in his last 12 games.

6 PPG
FG 38%
FT 73%
3pt 25%
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

BobfromMatunuck wrote: 1 month ago We all need to help Ryan by creating an environment where he can be successful. Of course the street works both ways, but supporting the collective, going to games, and telling a few of your friends what is going on in Kingston is just a start
Who is Ryan? If I told my friends what is going on in KIngston, it would not be pretty.
1 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Ryan is Archie?
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938