2/18 | Loyola Chicago | 12:00PM (CBSSN)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Re: 2/18 | Loyola Chicago | 12:00PM (CBSSN)

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Blue Man wrote: 2 months ago
Rhody15 wrote: 2 months ago Fuchs just has no motor and don’t see that getting better.

Multiple possessions first half where Loyola had repeated offensive rebounds with Fuchs stand ing at the top of the key not doing anything.

Can’t teach effort/motor and Fuchs just doesn’t have it.

Can score around the hoop and when he’s in position he can rebound, just minimal effort put in too often.
Hey don’t say that he’s a double double machine! Dont ever question Fuchs as a player! If he bricks a three that he shouldn’t take, he can do it again and stay in! Better not do that if you’re Foumena though!

The fact that we got outrebounded because guys were gassed and Archie refused to play our bigs more than 5 mins a piece is disgusting.

I’m sad. I think we’re just a cursed program, God threw us a lifeline with Hurley, we squandered it, and now we just have to adjust that we’ll never go to an NCAA ever again. This is so fucking stupid.
Dan is gonna win another Natty I don’t think he was ever staying here. But ya Archie sucked again today. This is why a lot of us are worried because his mistakes in games keep happening. You won’t find a better person breaking down the game before and after games though. Maybe Archie should have stayed on the field of 68. He’s incredible at that.
2 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Stopped worrying about this season.

Moving on. Maybe 2-4 the rest of the way.

Not that it matters.

Next season=make or break for Archie.

Not very optimistic but we will see.

Over and out.
3 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

rambone 78 wrote: 2 months ago Stopped worrying about this season.

Moving on. Maybe 2-4 the rest of the way.

Not that it matters.

Next season=make or break for Archie.

Not very optimistic but we will see.

Over and out.
Yeah pretty much. Just don't completely fall off and win a few more games.
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

PeterRamTime wrote: 2 months ago
Rhody15 wrote: 2 months ago Fuchs just has no motor and don’t see that getting better.

Multiple possessions first half where Loyola had repeated offensive rebounds with Fuchs stand ing at the top of the key not doing anything.

Can’t teach effort/motor and Fuchs just doesn’t have it.

Can score around the hoop and when he’s in position he can rebound, just minimal effort put in too often.
Hey don’t say that he’s a double double machine! Dont ever question Fuchs as a player! If he bricks a three that he shouldn’t take, he can do it again and stay in! Better not do that if you’re Foumena though!

The fact that we got outrebounded because guys were gassed and Archie refused to play our bigs more than 5 mins a piece is disgusting.

I’m sad. I think we’re just a cursed program, God threw us a lifeline with Hurley, we squandered it, and now we just have to adjust that we’ll never go to an NCAA ever again. This is so fucking stupid.
Yeah imagine not utilizing your more athletic, higher motor 6'11 center against a couple 6'6 guys.

Bold strategy cotton!
Neither do I understand why Fou didn’t play more. The staff will need to do a major sell job on him, I think, for him to stay.

Fuchs wasn’t perfect but played respectably. I still like his upside - and Fou’s too.

Tough loss. Frustrating on multiple levels: coaching; defense; poor FT shooting; below avg basketball IQ; etc.

Nothing new. Same weaknesses keep showing up.
2 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Just not talented enough overall to be consistently good.

Some good, more bad.

Not really hard to figure out by now.

Archie has to keep most of his best players and add a few more good ones.
.not just the 2 we know are coming.

He does that, we'll be good. If not, then another season with no postseason.
1 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

damram wrote: 2 months ago Did House lose a tooth?
Looked so yes. Staff picked up something gave it to med/trainer staff, not a dentist, but maybe a cap, don’t think whole tooth? 🦷?
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

rambone 78 wrote: 2 months ago Just not talented enough overall to be consistently good.

Some good, more bad.

So, when you say Archie has to keep most of his best players, who would you want to keep?
1 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Jdrums#3 wrote: 2 months ago

Yeah imagine not utilizing your more athletic, higher motor 6'11 center against a couple 6'6 guys.

Bold strategy cotton!
Neither do I understand why Fou didn’t play more. The staff will need to do a major sell job on him, I think, for him to stay.

Fuchs wasn’t perfect but played respectably. I still like his upside - and Fou’s too.

Tough loss. Frustrating on multiple levels: coaching; defense; poor FT shooting; below avg basketball IQ; etc.

I do like Fuchs, but I am really unsure about his upside.

He's good at positioning himself under the basket with his his big body and grabbing some rebounds. Reasonably skilled at passing for his size.

He's just slow and gets winded easy. His lack of post moves is concerning to me and he's short for a center.

Fou has made more boneheaded plays, but I think he's way more valuable going forward. It's like we have completely gone away from utilizing his talent. He could have scored all day if we tried to get him isolated on their short bigs. Alex T dominated those same guys (minus Adelekun) last year because he was just way taller than them. Alston couldn't do anything inside against him. I thought for sure we would get Fou out there and use him in a similar fashion. Nope. Let's just not take advantage of superior size at all.
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

For those who blame all of the coaching on Archie, you do realize we have 5 assistant coaches and 2 grad assistants. These are the main 'teachers'. Archie delegates and these guys are supposed to teach and develop the players. As the head coach, you're going to have to take some blame, and deservedly so. But I don't see anybody questioning the guys who are supposed to be 'teaching' these kids.
5 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 months ago For those who blame all of the coaching on Archie, you do realize we have 5 assistant coaches and 2 grad assistants. These are the main 'teachers'. Archie delegates and these guys are supposed to teach and develop the players. As the head coach, you're going to have to take some blame, and deservedly so. But I don't see anybody questioning the guys who are supposed to be 'teaching' these kids.
Please, please don’t bring up the fucking grad assistants as to why we’re bad.

Chris Almighty dude.

Also FWIW, people have questioned Austin Carroll a bunch over the last few years.
3 x
Go Rhody
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

rambone 78 wrote: 2 months ago Just not talented enough overall to be consistently good.

Some good, more bad.

Bone, as currently constituted, we are a long way away from competing for a NCAAT bid.

We have improved marginally compared to the other teams in the conference. Improvement is a positive but it has not been nearly good enough to rise solidly inside the top 10 of the A10. Pre-season I thought we could finish 5-7 in the conf. We will not do it. It is depressing.

The A10 has improved by getting deeper yet, despite its conference NET of 8, it will be lucky to get 2 teams in the NCAAT. Not good. There’s a big gap between the #7 NET ranked conf and the A10 at #8 as far as potential NCAAT bids are concerned.

We have a long, slow climb back to the NCAAT unless Archie hits a home run in the portal and/or our core players make a leap talent-wise and in basketball IQ.
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 months ago For those who blame all of the coaching on Archie, you do realize we have 5 assistant coaches and 2 grad assistants. These are the main 'teachers'. Archie delegates and these guys are supposed to teach and develop the players. As the head coach, you're going to have to take some blame, and deservedly so. But I don't see anybody questioning the guys who are supposed to be 'teaching' these kids.
Excellent point, 78.
1 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Maybe our assistants are moreso "recruiters" than "developers"?
2 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

I know we love to trash the coaching, but Archie must have his reasons for playing or not playing certain guys.

Not defending or supporting him here, just par for the course when we are losing.

This team has many issues and Archie and us know that.

An exercise in futility for sure right now.
2 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Bold strategy cotton!

I do like Fuchs, but I am really unsure about his upside.

He's good at positioning himself under the basket with his his big body and grabbing some rebounds. Reasonably skilled at passing for his size.

He's just slow and gets winded easy. His lack of post moves is concerning to me and he's short for a center.

Fou has made more boneheaded plays, but I think he's way more valuable going forward. It's like we have completely gone away from utilizing his talent. He could have scored all day if we tried to get him isolated on their short bigs. Alex T dominated those same guys (minus Adelekun) last year because he was just way taller than them. Alston couldn't do anything inside against him. I thought for sure we would get Fou out there and use him in a similar fashion. Nope. Let's just not take advantage of superior size at all.
He certainly does have weaknesses, PRT.

Foot speed, lift off the floor, bb IQ among them. I do think he is young enough to improve in those areas to be a very good A10 big….with good coaching to coach him up being key.

Can he get that coaching from this staff ? See 78’s post above for some insight. He makes a good point. Maybe the assistants aren’t capable of coaching up players to the level we need them to ?

I don’t know because I am not close to the program to know. I am sure there are some here that a very close and can provide some insight into the assistant coaches.

At the end of the day, however, it is Archie’s chosen staff. If there are some on the staff that aren’t up to the job then Arch needs to find new assistants.
Last edited by Jdrums#3 2 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Yeah I’m definitely more pessimistic now than I was last year or before this season started . I expected us to @ least look better

I may be wrong but I don’t see anyone on this team playing in an NCAA tournament game for us
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Some good, more bad.

Bone, as currently constituted, we are a long way away from competing for a NCAAT bid.

We have improved marginally compared to the other teams in the conference. Improvement is a positive but it has not been nearly good enough to rise solidly inside the top 10 of the A10. Pre-season I thought we could finish 5-7 in the conf. We will not do it. It is depressing.

The A10 has improved by getting deeper yet, despite its conference NET of 8, it will be lucky to get 2 teams in the NCAAT. Not good. There’s a big gap between the #7 NET ranked conf and the A10 at #8 as far as potential NCAAT bids are concerned.

We have a long, slow climb back to the NCAAT unless Archie hits a home run in the portal and/or our core players make a leap talent-wise and in basketball IQ.
Loyola went from dead last in the conference to the top in one season. It’s not impossible.
1 x
GO RAMS
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

URI_05 wrote: 2 months ago They need a real point guard.
catching up on the thread...said this at the game, on the way out, and again when I got home. I give Luis credit for giving it the go he has, but...yeah...
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Blue Man wrote: 2 months ago That was an Archie loss.

I’m not sure what more needed to be seen - but going zero bigs when adelekun was abusing Fuchs and we were getting almost doubled up on the boards is wild.

To hear Archie talking about giving up offensive rebounding and not “having our guys ready” to rebound…THEN MAKE A FUCKING SUBSTITUTION.

No Foumena the second half was deplorable. Cant imagine he’ll be here next year. Fuck this. Fuck everything. We’re a cursed people why do I continue to do this to myself.
This is not the Trust in Arch post I've been waiting for...
1 x
Rhodyg
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Rhodyg »

PeterRamTime wrote: 2 months ago Lol why tf are they putting up Loyola's "tournament resume"?
Probably just trying to pump up the A10, PRT. They are a good A10 team. Very difficult team to play. I don’t see them as a NCAAT team yet, imho.

Maybe they continue to improve and win to get in the bubble conversation ? Or go on an upset run to win the auto bid ?

We will see.
It's not possible.
Yeah and neither was their run to the final four.
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Rhodymob05 wrote: 2 months ago

Some good, more bad.

Loyola went from dead last in the conference to the top in one season. It’s not impossible.
Agreed, 05, bad to first can happen.

I just don’t see us making that kind of leap unless core players stay, make a jump talent-wise, improve their bb IQ (especially on D), we add upgrade talent via the portal and the A10 stays the same or weakens.

But I am extra disappointed so soon after the loss so maybe it isn’t as bad as I see things today.
Last edited by Jdrums#3 2 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 2 months ago

I’m not sure what more needed to be seen - but going zero bigs when adelekun was abusing Fuchs and we were getting almost doubled up on the boards is wild.

To hear Archie talking about giving up offensive rebounding and not “having our guys ready” to rebound…THEN MAKE A FUCKING SUBSTITUTION.

No Foumena the second half was deplorable. Cant imagine he’ll be here next year. Fuck this. Fuck everything. We’re a cursed people why do I continue to do this to myself.
Yes, and a sign of the troubled times we are facing.
1 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Excellent point, 78.
It’s actually a terrible point.

Blaming the grad assistants? Come the hell on. That is pathetic to even bring up.

Biruta holds up a fucking white board with the defensive matchups for the game in the huddles.

But yea, he’s definitely a reason we stink.

Gotta blame him and the other GA. Definitely.

Gimme a god damn break.

People have also questioned Austin Carroll regularly the last few years.
1 x
Go Rhody
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

I know you all hate this and it's puzzling to me as to why, but a huge reason we are so inconsistent is our rosters availability issues.

Returning most of our players and having a full roster that is ELIGIBLE will do us wonders.

NO IM NOT EXCUSING EVERYTHING.

But you want to know one reason why Loyola has turned it around? Everyone was eligible at the start of the year, they've been healthy and they've had the same lineup all year.

They have fine tuned their lineup into a well oiled machine and we are still trying to fill in the gaps and experiment because we've had to have a million different lineups throughout the year.

Now if we have a full available roster next year and are reasonably healthy, they still play incredibly inconsistent and Archie constantly tinkers with the lineup and substitution patterns then we are definitely screwed lol

11 new players and most of them being in and out of the lineup has been a big issue.

Puzzling substitution patterns have been an issue and lack of effort and weak will has been an issue.

Long way to go until the verdict is out on Arch.
1 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Fans showed up, when will this team start showing up?
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Rhody15 wrote: 2 months ago
Excellent point, 78.

Blaming the grad assistants? Come the hell on. That is pathetic to even bring up.

Biruta holds up a fucking white board with the defensive matchups for the game in the huddles.

Gimme a god damn break.

He clearly isn't just "blaming the grad assistants" he mentioned every assistant lol
2 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Some programs are getting better quickly, as we're seeing.

We however are not.

It's not just a case of lack of NIL money. Some are doing it with less than we have, or so I've heard.

We have to catch up and soon. Being a consistent top 4 A10 program is the goal.

We will find out soon if Archie is the guy to get us there.

If it becomes obvious he's not, then a change must be made, and not drag our feet like we usually do when it comes to coaching changes.
0 x
Shinze88
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Shinze88 »

steveystuds06 wrote: 2 months ago
URI_05 wrote: 2 months ago They need a real point guard.
I’ve noticed people saying this quite a bit lately, but I’m struggling to see how a point guard could fix our team. Personally, I believe our offense is performing adequately, often even exceptionally. While Hammond will undoubtedly improve our offensive execution, I’m skeptical about how much a traditional small point guard can address our glaring issues with defense, rebounding, IQ, mental toughness, and unnecessary fouls. He also can’t fix others terrible FT shooting…Unless we’re able to acquire a point guard capable of single-handedly transforming both our offensive and defensive strategies, akin to someone like Devin Carter, it’s unlikely that Hammond alone can suffice. Hes definitely a pest on D but he has issues against bigger guards. I love Hammond but I hope people realize this kid is not a savior and we have a lot and I mean a lot of things to fix before we make a jump into the top of the A10.

Today sucked again. Valentine proves that you can get the very best out of your team and win in this league without incredible talent. I appreciate the fight from our guys. They wanted to win. But we’re a .500 A10 at best.

This sucks!
Point guard to me is the most glaring need on this team. We have a bunch of combo guards and wings running our half court offense and its really hard to watch game after game. We have countless turnovers due to careless passes and lack overall quickness especially on defense, we dont turn anyone over and we are extremely easy to guard. No, a point guard won't fix our overall horrendous defense, rebounding and lack of toughness, but it will go a long way to making us a better team. You cant run good half court offense without a solid point guard running the show. Unfortunately, point guard is just one of many needs this team has to be competitive in the A10.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Excellent point, 78.

Gimme a god damn break.

He clearly isn't just "blaming the grad assistants" he mentioned every assistant lol
And people have questioned Carroll. A ton.

People know Kenny Johnson is known moreso as a recruiter than a developer.

Could not tell you one thing about Woodward or what he’s known for.

Even bringing up the GAs doesn’t make any sense.
0 x
Go Rhody
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Fuchs has a great touch for a freshman and is a good rebounder as well. He’s only going to get stronger and improve his skills. Dame Adelekun couldn’t even see the floor as a freshman at Dartmouth. I don’t think some of you understand how good it is that Fuchs is already this developed as a freshman. I understand that Fuchs has weaknesses, but he’s playing against some very experienced bigs and, for the most part, has done a good job in my opinion. Eventually he’s going to be the experienced big. Don’t underestimate how important it is for him to get this type of experience. He will undoubtedly improve, and we have to hope he sticks around. I still feel like some people view him as a veteran. He’s not. It’s just incredible to me that we have had so many freshman look absolutely horrendous over the past few years and we finally have one that’s playing decent and he’s getting called out. I’ll take 13, 3 steals, 4 boards from a freshman all the time but I guess that’s just me…

Fou definitely should have played more, but I think you’re forgetting how bad he can be against high IQ teams. I’m not sure he makes a big difference, but Archie should have at least tried him. I really don’t think anyone on the roster changes the outcome of this game. We have a team that’s a mix of young players with upside and vets that are talented but have low IQs.

I will say Weston has been great when he gets minutes; that’s why myself and others were so high on him when he came here. He has the tools to be a good two-way wing.

We need to land one or two David Green or Jaden House type of recruits and keep players like Green, House, Cam, Fuchs, Weston, etc. I’m not going into specifics; I’ll just say the things I’ve heard recently about how this program and this team are being run are embarrassing. We seem to be run by amateurs, and if we don’t hold up our end of the bargain to our players, don’t expect them to stay.

No chance Fou stays. Why stay here if you’re him? I wouldn’t if I were him.

Archie claimed he stuck with the 1-on-1 post defense to “pick your poison,” but they weren’t hitting anything, Archie! He called us a soft defensive team again. We definitely are. He said Green wasn’t ready to play, wasn’t himself, rusty. He seems frustrated and said it’s on him.

The Richmond game may get ugly; they are just like Loyola, if not better. I predicted we would lose today due to a banged-up Green. Hopefully, we get the David Green we need against Richmond
1 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Chris Almighty dude.

Also FWIW, people have questioned Austin Carroll a bunch over the last few years.
Everybody thought it was great that Biruta was coming as a grad assistant. I'm not saying it's him that's doing a bad job. But what do you think he does? Nothing? Maybe sweep the floor?
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Excellent point, 78.

Gimme a god damn break.

Don’t take the troll bait, PRT.
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

reef wrote: 2 months ago Yeah I’m definitely more pessimistic now than I was last year or before this season started . I expected us to @ least look better

I may be wrong but I don’t see anyone on this team playing in an NCAA tournament game for us
Maybe Cam, if he stays. And Fuchs.
1 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Excellent point, 78.

Gimme a god damn break.

He's just being his usual asshole self.
3 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 months ago

Chris Almighty dude.

Everybody thought it was great that Biruta was coming as a grad assistant. I'm not saying it's him that's doing a bad job. But what do you think he does? Nothing? Maybe sweep the floor?
I bet Fuchs has more slam jam dunks now as a freshman than Biruta had here.
2 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Archie has proven he can win if he has the necessary talent.

If he can't bring in enough of it, he will be gone.

Simple as that. I'll leave the details to others here.
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Did we praise Gill Birtua when we went on our four-game winning streak? No, we praised Archie. The praise and the blame lie with the head coach. Now, like 15 said, we unquestionably complained about Carroll. I think KJ and Woodward have landed some good players. I think it’s unfair to call them out already. How are they supposed to develop these players when we basically had a brand new roster this year? Woodward is known for developing his players. He brought Weston here, and I think Weston has become a much smarter and better player compared to last year. Woodward has worked with him a lot one-on-one. Once we have some returning players, I think you’ll see improvement under KJ and Woodward. Regardless, it’s on Archie, not them and certainly not our grad assistants.
2 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

section(105) wrote: 2 months ago
reef wrote: 2 months ago Yeah I’m definitely more pessimistic now than I was last year or before this season started . I expected us to @ least look better

Maybe Cam, if he stays. And Fuchs.
For us? Probably not. Do we have players good enough to have a role on an NCAA tournament team? 100%
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 2 months ago

It’s year 2. I had critiques of Dan as well at this point, as did everyone. No adjustments, player rotations, etc.

He can be the right guy and be the reason we lost today.

No reason to jump ship, this is just the axiom of team building. I hate it.
3 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
BattleTested
Abdul Fox

Unread post by BattleTested »

Taylor Swift wrote: 2 months ago
BattleTested wrote: 2 months ago

For bulk apparel you can get these tshirts for about $2 a pop. Times 5000 that leaves you at $10k. Plus the fact athletics has contracts in place already with suppliers. Combined with the fact these tshirts typically have sponsor logos on it— $20k is a huge overestimate and peanuts to swallow. Tshirt giveaways are a standard.
So you’re just gonna give out blank white tshirts? Yea those would be $2 a pop. I’m assuming you would actually want something printed on them?
My guess is they didn’t have a sponsor who was able to foot the bill this late in the year. If I get there and see a sponsor logo on the shirts, then I’ll retract my statement and be annoyed.
Of course I meant screen printed shirts.
Not blank.

SMFH.

My point is your calculation is way off. And yes…. there most definitely have been “tshirt sponsors” “this late in the season”.
You can’t get custom printed tshirts in bulk for $2. That’s moronic to even think that’s possible.

And saw the shirts today (got one). No sponsor on there, which means athletics paid for them.
1 x
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

Unread post by DeanDome88 »

In Foumena's first half stint he was not ready to contribute. I did not need to see him in the second half.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

So you’re just gonna give out blank white tshirts? Yea those would be $2 a pop. I’m assuming you would actually want something printed on them?
My guess is they didn’t have a sponsor who was able to foot the bill this late in the year. If I get there and see a sponsor logo on the shirts, then I’ll retract my statement and be annoyed.
Of course I meant screen printed shirts.
Not blank.

SMFH.

My point is your calculation is way off. And yes…. there most definitely have been “tshirt sponsors” “this late in the season”.
You can’t get custom printed tshirts in bulk for $2. That’s moronic to even think that’s possible.

And saw the shirts today (got one). No sponsor on there, which means athletics paid for them.
I just looked up Port & Company tshirts. If you order 1,500 or more, the price is $1.32 a shirt. Can you get a screen printer to print the very basic printing the shirt has for $750 for 2,000 shirts? I bet you could. And who cares if Athletics pays for them?
1 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

steveystuds06 wrote: 2 months ago Did we praise Gill Birtua when we went on our four-game winning streak? No, we praised Archie. The praise and the blame lie with the head coach. Now, like 15 said, we unquestionably complained about Carroll. I think KJ and Woodward have landed some good players. I think it’s unfair to call them out already. How are they supposed to develop these players when we basically had a brand new roster this year? Woodward is known for developing his players. He brought Weston here, and I think Weston has become a much smarter and better player compared to last year. Woodward has worked with him a lot one-on-one. Once we have some returning players, I think you’ll see improvement under KJ and Woodward. Regardless, it’s on Archie, not them and certainly not our grad assistants.
Real good insight on Woodward, Stevey, and overall. Much appreciated.
0 x
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

Jdrums#3 wrote: 2 months ago Excellent all around game from Weston. 15 pts, 6 boards,
3 assists.
And excellent defense. It did take Archie a long time into the season to realize Weston is a much better basketball player than Zek.
Last edited by McRam 2 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

Our biggest need this offseason will be a veteran experienced big, thought Brown would fill that role but I was way fucking off, Hammond will hopefully fill the role of the true point we need

Also I think we’ll get 2 new assistants next year, Austin is not cut for the job and I think one of the other two aren’t ready for that spotlight yet, KJ and Woodward are the two that are fine
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

McRam wrote: 2 months ago
Jdrums#3 wrote: 2 months ago Excellent all around game from Weston. 15 pts, 6 boards,
3 assists.
And excellent defense. It did take Archie a long time to realize Weston is a much better basketball player than Zek.
Good reminder regarding his D today, McRam. 👍🏼

I neglected to mention it in my post.
0 x
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

DeanDome88 wrote: 2 months ago

In Foumena's first half stint he was not ready to contribute. I did not need to see him in the second half.
I think it’s more of the fact that Fuchs has shit stamina and gets gassed so we need a good sub and Archie went with David Green instead of Fou or Tyson
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Arch is going to need to take a hard look and make some tough decisions as to who to keep and who to let go

I’m guessing identify like 5-7 guys to keep and move forward with us and then try and hit the portal to get a couple good ones

Some of the guys he brought in are not as good as he thought and he needs to upgrade or we will just be stuck in mediocrity in a middle of the road conference
1 x
cRAM4finals
Jeff Kent

Unread post by cRAM4finals »

You can’t instill attitude and desire through coaching if it isn’t burning somewhere inside a player. Assistants who help bring talented players with the right attitude are essential. Once it’s more than two or more players who have it - it might even be infectious. Yup. I’m going here. I understand that you get what you can afford when creating a staff of recruiting assistants, but my point is that maybe much of the blame is on Archie - not because of his coaching - but because of his selection and management of his recruiting operations.
3 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

cRAM4finals wrote: 2 months ago You can’t instill attitude and desire through coaching if it isn’t burning somewhere inside a player. Assistants who help bring talented players with the right attitude are essential. Once it’s more than two or more players who have it - it might even be infectious. Yup. I’m going here. I understand that you get what you can afford when creating a staff of recruiting assistants, but my point is that maybe much of the blame is on Archie - not because of his coaching - but because of his selection and management of his recruiting operations.
Very well said agree 100 %
1 x