Lamar Odom Night (?)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
reef
Frank Keaney

Re: Lamar Odom Night (?)

Unread post by reef »

I was really happy when we got Harrick and was all for Coach Pitino as well
I like big names @ URI
1 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

rjv wrote: 2 months ago Ernie D wrote a book and was promoting it at PC basketball games. Buy the book and get a pic with Ernie D!!!!!!!
Shit, he is still recruiting for Pee Cee !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have heard he’s a complete dick to people. Peee Ceeee
0 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

theblueram wrote: 2 months ago
Maine66 wrote: 2 months ago Know it will piss everyone off but I've always thought we sold our soul to the Devil during the Herrick years and Lamar Odom was the poster child. I will duck and cover while the rocks fly!
HARRICK. It's HARRICK. Maybe you are just some old dude who wasn't on campus then. But 1997-1998 was the greatest time at Keaney Gym. Couldn't get a ticket. Standing Room only. Place was feckin crazy. Sold our soul? To who? Duke or UNC? Who did we sell our soul to? When Odom who at the time was the number one recruit was committing, the school was going bonkers. You know what happened? The Ryan Center was built. So when you sit your comfortable ass in a seat at the Ryan Center, You can thank HARRICK and ODOM for the seat you are sitting in.
Yes and yes. My brother was a freshman that year. He had a class with Lamar and girls would yell out to him from their dorm windows and everywhere else.
0 x
CaptainRon
Kenny Green

Unread post by CaptainRon »

I bet if they raffled a night out with Lamar, they’d have a sell out.
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Maine66 wrote: 2 months ago Hey Blue take a calming pill. We also spent a few years on probation for all the violations during the era.
The punishment for Harrick was Jerry D. That was worse than any probation. And even with that...IT WAS WORTH IT.

The pinnacle moment of URI basketball fandom in the last 30 years was the victory against Kansas. Nothing else even comes close.
1 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

We don't need an Odom night, but I can tell you if he wasn't Prop 48 his freshman year, we were National Champions.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

What is Fuchs doing when the other team is shooting a free throw? He turns his back to the basket to box out. He tries using his chest to box out instead of his back side. And he's been doing it all year. Why isn't it being corrected? For one thing, you can't locate the ball on a miss when you do that. And it's much less effective than using your butt and elbows. Cross went right around him towards the end of the game on a missed free throw. It happens a lot. I've been watching basketball for 60 years and I've never seen anybody try to box out like that, and there's a reason I haven't seen it.
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 months ago What is Fuchs doing when the other team is shooting a free throw? He turns his back to the basket to box out. He tries using his chest to box out instead of his back side. And he's been doing it all year. Why isn't it being corrected? For one thing, you can't locate the ball on a miss when you do that. And it's much less effective than using your butt and elbows. Cross went right around him towards the end of the game on a missed free throw. It happens a lot. I've been watching basketball for 60 years and I've never seen anybody try to box out like that, and there's a reason I haven't seen it.
And a Lamar Odom night could fix this? Worth a shot I guess.
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

ramster wrote: 2 months ago
Billyboy78 wrote: 2 months ago What is Fuchs doing when the other team is shooting a free throw? He turns his back to the basket to box out. He tries using his chest to box out instead of his back side. And he's been doing it all year. Why isn't it being corrected? For one thing, you can't locate the ball on a miss when you do that. And it's much less effective than using your butt and elbows. Cross went right around him towards the end of the game on a missed free throw. It happens a lot. I've been watching basketball for 60 years and I've never seen anybody try to box out like that, and there's a reason I haven't seen it.
And a Lamar Odom night could fix this? Worth a shot I guess.
Wrong thread.....but yeah, maybe Lamar could teach him. :lol:
1 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

Good catch, 78.

I will make sure to watch for that next game.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Jdrums#3 wrote: 2 months ago
Good catch, 78.

When the ball is in the air, he turns his body as if he's guarding the player, rather than boxing him out.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 months ago
Good catch, 78.

When the ball is in the air, he turns his body as if he's guarding the player, rather than boxing him out.
You would think coaches would correct that , we have enough of them
2 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Good catch, 78.

I'm going to watch for this as well. Thanks BillyBoy. If true, our 5 assistant coaches are missing things.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

theblueram wrote: 2 months ago

Good catch, 78.

I'm going to watch for this as well. Thanks BillyBoy. If true, our 5 assistant coaches are missing things.
If you have access to the UMass game, Fuchs did this in the last minute or so when UMass was missing FTs and still getting the rebound. The one I distinctly remember is when he tried to box out Cross like that and Cross easily got around him and got the rebound.It happened at least twice that I remember. If I weren't so technologically challenged, I'd cut the clip of it and post it, but since I am an idiot when it comes to technology, I have no idea how to do it. :lol:
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 months ago What is Fuchs doing when the other team is shooting a free throw?
I'm not sure what he's doing, but, if it's at all quiet, (like yesterday) I'm too busy screaming "MISS!!!" at the top of my lungs
0 x