2023-24 A10 standings

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

2023-24 A10 standings

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

With most teams in the conference at the halfway point, this is a good spot to check in on the conference standings. How often I update will be directly based on how interested the team can keep me down the stretch. I figured I'll look at seeds 5-12.

5. St. Joseph's 5-4 average NET = 150. Remaining games = 5 home, 4 away, 123 average NET
6. Massachusetts 5-4 average NET= 138. Remaining games = 4 home, 5 away, 130 average NET
7. George Mason 4-5 average NET = 138. Remaining games = 5 home, 4 away, 121 average NET
8. Fordham 4-5 average NET = 146. Remaining games = 5 home, 4 away, 96 average NET
9. St. Bonaventure 4-5 average NET = 102. Remaining games = 5 home, 4 away, 147 average NET
10. Rhode Island 4-5 average NET = 107. Remaining games = 4 home, 5 away, 140 average NET
11. Duquesne 3-5 average NET = 105. Remaining games = 5 home, 5 away, 127 average NET
12. George Washington 3-5 average NET = 108. Remaining games = 5 home, 5 away, 130 average NET

As of right now we would be the last team in the PIG games, if we want to stay out we'll need to finish better than at least 3 of the teams listed. If you're looking for hope, out of this group of 8 teams we've played the third hardest conference schedule so far, we're one of the 5 of 8 teams whose remaining conference schedule is easier than what they've played so far, and we've got the second easiest conference schedule from here on out. At 4-5 so far in conference and with an easier remaining conference schedule, in theory there's no reason why we can't finish with a .500 or better record in conference and stay out of the PIG. That said, we've looked pretty bad of late, so can we put theory into practice?
1 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Re: 2023-24 A10 standings

Unread post by theblueram »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 2 months ago With most teams in the conference at the halfway point, this is a good spot to check in on the conference standings. How often I update will be directly based on how interested the team can keep me down the stretch. I figured I'll look at seeds 5-12.

5. St. Joseph's 5-4 average NET = 150. Remaining games = 5 home, 4 away, 123 average NET
6. Massachusetts 5-4 average NET= 138. Remaining games = 4 home, 5 away, 130 average NET
7. George Mason 4-5 average NET = 138. Remaining games = 5 home, 4 away, 121 average NET
8. Fordham 4-5 average NET = 146. Remaining games = 5 home, 4 away, 96 average NET
9. St. Bonaventure 4-5 average NET = 102. Remaining games = 5 home, 4 away, 147 average NET
10. Rhode Island 4-5 average NET = 107. Remaining games = 4 home, 5 away, 140 average NET
11. Duquesne 3-5 average NET = 105. Remaining games = 5 home, 5 away, 127 average NET
12. George Washington 3-5 average NET = 108. Remaining games = 5 home, 5 away, 130 average NET

As of right now we would be the last team in the PIG games, if we want to stay out we'll need to finish better than at least 3 of the teams listed. If you're looking for hope, out of this group of 8 teams we've played the third hardest conference schedule so far, we're one of the 5 of 8 teams whose remaining conference schedule is easier than what they've played so far, and we've got the second easiest conference schedule from here on out. At 4-5 so far in conference and with an easier remaining conference schedule, in theory there's no reason why we can't finish with a .500 or better record in conference and stay out of the PIG. That said, we've looked pretty bad of late, so can we put theory into practice?
in theory there's no reason why we can't finish with a .500 or better record

Yes there is. DEFENSE.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Yeah, but the defense has been bad all along and we're still 4-5 in conference with an easier upcoming schedule than what we've played
0 x
KeaneyTheChemist
Abdul Fox

Unread post by KeaneyTheChemist »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 2 months ago Yeah, but the defense has been bad all along and we're still 4-5 in conference with an easier upcoming schedule than what we've played
At some point we have to recognize that no matchup in our schedule is easy as long as our defense plays this bad. This is the type of team that can give up 85+ points to anyone in the A10 whether at home or on the road.
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 2 months ago Yeah, but the defense has been bad all along and we're still 4-5 in conference with an easier upcoming schedule than what we've played
We have the 1st, 3rd, 4th, 6th, 7th, 8th place teams upcoming.

Wouldn’t really call that easier.
1 x
Go Rhody
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

KeaneyTheChemist wrote: 2 months ago
At some point we have to recognize that no matchup in our schedule is easy as long as our defense plays this bad. This is the type of team that can give up 85+ points to anyone in the A10 whether at home or on the road.
I didn't say our schedule would be easy, I said it would be easier than what we've played so far. If we went 4-5 in our first 9 and our second 9 is easier, you'd expect that we should be able to at least match what we did in the first half.

I know things suck right now, but the Eeyore takes are really too strong
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Rhody15 wrote: 2 months ago
We have the 1st, 3rd, 4th, 6th, 7th, 8th place teams upcoming.

Wouldn’t really call that easier.
Sixth place is one game better than us and we already beat them in the first matchup. 7 and 8 are both 4-5 just like us, they're just ahead of us on tiebreakers. We still have two games remaining against the two worst teams in the conference.

Eighth place Fordham is also bound to drop in the standings now that their schedule gets much harder.
1 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 2 months ago
I didn't say our schedule would be easy, I said it would be easier than what we've played so far. If we went 4-5 in our first 9 and our second 9 is easier, you'd expect that we should be able to at least match what we did in the first half.

Our easiest stretch just happened. Fordham, Lasalle, Duquense all at home... We went 1-2.. We go on the road to GW and Umass.. Then, get two tougher home games in Loyola and Richmond.. After that, it lightens up a little, but there is a very strong chance we lose 5 straight before we go on the road to Lasalle, who we barely beat at home. The only game left that we will be favored to win is probably St. Louis at home..
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

steveystuds06 wrote: 2 months ago

Our easiest stretch just happened. Fordham, Lasalle, Duquense all at home... We went 1-2.. We go on the road to GW and Umass.. Then, get two tougher home games in Loyola and Richmond.. After that, it lightens up a little, but there is a very strong chance we lose 5 straight before we go on the road to Lasalle, who we barely beat at home. The only game left that we will be favored to win is probably St. Louis at home..
yep
We should end up being underdogs in all of the remaining games except St Louis at the Ryan Center.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Fordham, La Salle, and Duquesne weren't a three game stretch.

La Salle pt. 2, VCU, St. Louis and St. Louis, George Mason pt. 2, Fordham pt. 2 are both easier than that stretch anyway and occur later this season.

Seriously, this shit is painful enough. Do people really need to stoop to getting our schedule wrong to make things worse? I get it, all of you win, you're all the most pissed off and depressed fan here. Ribbons and poisoned Kool-Aid for everyone!
1 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

La Salle pt. 2, VCU, St. Louis and St. Louis, George Mason pt. 2, Fordham pt. 2 are both easier than that stretch anyway and occur later this season.

Seriously, this shit is painful enough. Do people really need to stoop to getting our schedule wrong to make things worse? I get it, all of you win, you're all the most pissed off and depressed fan here. Ribbons and poisoned Kool-Aid for everyone!
Huh?? I didn't add G Mason because it was a road game. I'm saying 3 out of our last 4 games were at home against weaker A10 teams and we still went 1-2. We go on the road in back to back games and then play two of the best A10 teams at home in our next four, and you're saying it's an easier stretch. It's not..Also, we don't play St. Louis twice.
Last edited by steveystuds06 2 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Well of course we are. This team has played zero defense and basically sucks so far.
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

theblueram wrote: 2 months ago

Well of course we are. This team has played zero defense and basically sucks so far.
Yeah, I mean, welcome to being a sports fan. After two very tough road games, I reiterated here how important it was for us to go 3-1 against Fordham, at Mason, vs La Salle, and vs Duquesne. Or, at the very least, 2-2. I think we all knew we would lose on the road at GMason, but the other three were games we should have won. I've praised Archie plenty of times here, but if we have bad losses, I'm not going to pretend it didn't happen
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Yeah I looked @ that schedule and thinking 3-6 rest of way I see 3 clear losses and think we split the other 6 !
0 x
KeaneyTheChemist
Abdul Fox

Unread post by KeaneyTheChemist »

I think we're good enough to be competitive for the first half of a game in the A10 tournament second round. That's it. It would be a miracle if we play in the quarterfinal round on a Thursday.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Tomorrow’s game is key an absolute winnable game on the road !
0 x