2/3 | Duquesne | 12:30PM (USA)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Re: 2/3 | Duquesne | 12:30PM (USA)

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Well that's all she wrote

Maybe we can win one more game this year?

Wow, amazing job Arch
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Hey guys! Just wait out the year!

Don't overreact or anything! Don't even hint that the sky is falling!
1 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

We are down by 17 to 2-5 Duquense at home on national tv. Heck of a time to have another no-show, Arch. If this can't get our guys hyped what the fuck are we doing. What a disaster..
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
rhodyram22
ARD

Unread post by rhodyram22 »

It's about to be 5 losses in 6 games. Is that ok?
0 x
SandorClegane
Art Stephenson

Unread post by SandorClegane »

It’s like there’s a lid on the rim..
0 x
“The greatest things in life are invisible to the eye”
- Mr. Rogers
rhodyram22
ARD

PeterRamTime wrote: 2 months ago Hey guys! Just wait out the year!

No Peter! Archie just needs "his guys"! Give it 5-6 more years! :D
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Imagine how bad it would've been if Green wasn't eligible?

Holy.

Shit.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

I mean….this product stinks to watch. There’s no denying that, or sugarcoating it. Still, we are clearly better than last year in just about every conceivable way. Any hope we had of arriving ahead of schedule I think can be forgotten at this point, but I don’t think we are behind schedule either. For as long as we continue to move in the right direction, however modestly, I don’t think we can say the sky is falling. Next year will be an important year - we cannot backslide from here, we have to get better and at some point hope something clicks and we make a leap.
3 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
rhodyram22
ARD

TruePoint wrote: 2 months ago

I mean….this product stinks to watch. There’s no denying that, or sugarcoating it. Still, we are clearly better than last year in just about every conceivable way. Any hope we had of arriving ahead of schedule I think can be forgotten at this point, but I don’t think we are behind schedule either. For as long as we continue to move in the right direction, however modestly, I don’t think we can say the sky is falling. Next year will be an important year - we cannot backslide from here, we have to get better and at some point hope something clicks and we make a leap.
Are we THAT much better than last year? Let's ignore the record, we had some absolute cupcakes earlier this year. I don't think our team is significantly better this year in any way. Our defense is worse.
1 x
rhodyram22
ARD

yeah I'm done. TV off. Archie still hasn't proven shit. Losing to 2-5 Duquesne. Disgusting.
1 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

What is the bar? Win more games than last year? The conference absolutely stinks. Miller picked these guys. Richmond was supposed to be a last place team with URI. College basketball teams can be turned around quickly with a couple players mixed with ones you have and good coaching. Wasn’t the bar a tourney bid by the third year? Eventually Miller can run into one by winning the auto bid I guess
1 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

PackLine ain’t packin…

Yuk
0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
rhodyram22
ARD

RamStock wrote: 2 months ago

What is the bar? Win more games than last year? The conference absolutely stinks. Miller picked these guys. Richmond was supposed to be a last place team with URI. College basketball teams can be turned around quickly with a couple players mixed with ones you have and good coaching. Wasn’t the bar a tourney bid by the third year? Eventually Miller can run into one by winning the auto bid I guess
I don't even think NIT is a possibility next year. This team is much further behind than I thought. I don't think swapping out the entire team is the solution every year. Coaching simply hasn't been good enough. They choose the players, they coach the players.
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

I was last at the RC for the UMASS game. Where did that team go?
1 x
GO RAMS
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

TP, I think we certainly are better offensively than last year. However, I don’t see it on D. That is my Birds Eye view.

But, I haven’t done a deep dive in our D analytics last year versus this year nor have I studied tape on both.

I think there is sufficient length and athleticism currently to be better than they are. I think the problem on D is between the ears for this team.
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

I'd agree, but I don't see any real hope at this point.

The levels of suck do not bode well for the future and especially our lack of mental fortitude. I don't have confidence this team can handle losing at all and are liable to go on a major losing streak.

Sports is all about momentum and if you squash any and all momentum then....it's pretty hopeless. Or we are making it much harder to rebuild.
1 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Maybe we will make this a game yet ?

Let’s go!
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Way to fight guys!
1 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Rhodymob05 wrote: 2 months ago I was last at the RC for the UMASS game. Where did that team go?
Honestly, I think teams weren't aware of David Green. They watched a lot of game tapes of us without him. Once teams started to double him and focus on him more, we went back to looking like a poorly coached bottom-tier A10 team. Green is still very good, but teams know how to defend us now. We also shot out our minds all game against Umass. Guys were hitting 3s with Umass right in their faces. That's never going to last. And this idea that we can make a massive jump next year. How? Are we going to land a couple of All A10 level players? Because if you bring back most of this roster, we will improve but we will still be increidbly far away from an NCAA bid and likely not that close to an NIT bid.

Let's see if we can make a push and come back. Getting it back to 10 was step one but we will need to defend if we have any chance. Let's pull another Yale and pull it out.
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

That was so clearly a foul on green

Officials are so damn inconsistent
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Fight, Rhody! Fight!
2 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

And so much for the comeback

Can't fn rebound
0 x
SandorClegane
Art Stephenson

Unread post by SandorClegane »

Get House back in.
1 x
“The greatest things in life are invisible to the eye”
- Mr. Rogers
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

SandorClegane wrote: 2 months ago Get House back in.
Ha too late

WHY THE FUCK WAS HE OUT
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Smart decision to take out House, who looked great in our run. He had the timeout to rest... Fantastic decision..
2 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Frickin Duq with the 3’s !!!

We had a nice run there (it’s good to see some fight) but this game is over now.
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

steveystuds06 wrote: 2 months ago Smart decision to take out House, who looked great in our run. He had the timeout to rest... Fantastic decision..
Fucking insane
1 x
rhodyram22
ARD

steveystuds06 wrote: 2 months ago Smart decision to take out House, who looked great in our run. He had the timeout to rest... Fantastic decision..
Not enough people calling out the horrendous coaching this season. I'm not holding back. Archie hasn't been good enough, period.

Highest paid employee in the state
1 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Duquesne 13-25 from 3

Best all year by a mile. We our every teams antidote lol
1 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

rhodyram22 wrote: 2 months ago
Not enough people calling out the horrendous coaching this season. I'm not holding back. Archie hasn't been good enough, period.

He hasn’t been all bad to be fair. And the rams coach is always the highest paid employee.
1 x
GO RAMS
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Real head-scratcher.
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unreal with that bounce on that Duq 3 ! C’mon!
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Knew we were doomed as soon as I heard someone sat they haven't beaten us here in a decade.
0 x
rhodyram22
ARD

Rhodymob05 wrote: 2 months ago

He hasn’t been all bad to be fair. And the rams coach is always the highest paid employee.
Considering his salary, he hasn't been good enough in his 2nd year. The excuses need to end.
2 x
Not Mike Powell
Kenny Green

Unread post by Not Mike Powell »

Dead program.
4 x
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

Considering his salary, he hasn't been good enough in his 2nd year. The excuses need to end.
Puh-leeeze. Only about 7% of his pay comes from state funds. Janitors collect more state dollars.
2 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
rhodyram22
ARD

Rhode_Island_Red wrote: 2 months ago

Puh-leeeze. Only about 7% of his pay comes from state funds. Janitors collect more state dollars.
Hahahahahaha you actually think that’s why I brought up his salary. I’m a fan of the team and I care about us being a serious program.
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Not Mike Powell wrote: 2 months ago Dead program.
Interesting poll question for the end of the season when it comes…

Is it dead ?

In a coma ?

In need of critical care ?

Reviving ?
Last edited by Jdrums#3 2 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Yeah that’s a Friartown comment
0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
Rhodyg
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Rhodyg »

Knew it was a better idea to see Princeton in action tonight at Brown than to watch this dead program. Rooting for Princeton, Ivy league could be a 2 bid league
0 x
Not Mike Powell
Kenny Green

Unread post by Not Mike Powell »

Jdrums#3 wrote: 2 months ago
Not Mike Powell wrote: 2 months ago Dead program.
Interesting poll question for the end of the season when it comes…

Is it dead ?

In a coma ?

In need of critical care ?

Reviving ?
Dead. Hard for me to care anymore. #GoRhody
1 x
Rhodyg
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Rhodyg »

ElmCityRhody wrote: 2 months ago We win easily today - I say by 12
Knew this was an awful take the moment I read it
2 x
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

rhodyram22 wrote: 2 months ago that was the play Archie drew up during the timeout? A fucking Foumena airball 3?
With 8 seconds to go, no less
3 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

Rhodyg wrote: 2 months ago
ElmCityRhody wrote: 2 months ago We win easily today - I say by 12
Knew this was an awful take the moment I read it

emBARONsing

Get blown out in front of a big crowd
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

There is nothing Rhody hoops loves more then sending a big crowd home disappointed. Its tradition.
4 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Think about this fact for a bit - URI has four losses at home in the Ryan Center thus far this season. Those defeats were against Brown, New Hampshire, Fordham, and Duquesne. We are very much a bottom tier program these days when we cannot beat ANY of these teams at home.
Last edited by RF1 2 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

I’ve said it another post- moving ahead is an extroidinary low bar- the question is -are we making as much progress as some of our competitors in our league. Has UMass Made more progress? How has George Mason done after losing their coach and two best players?Richmond lost their best player and seems to be even better this year. Loyola came in behind us last year and they are now in 3 rd place (6-2). Any objective third party would wonder why URI has not made the same progress as our competitors.
1 x
ram1980
Art Stephenson

Unread post by ram1980 »

Remember when we ragged on cox for not knowing umass best player wasn't playing? Well, Archie's vaunted defense let there best shooter shoot 14 3's, most of which were wide open. The sky may be falling. There has been zero indication that this defense even has the chance to improve. It is abysmal. We maybe cleaning out this roster next year. Coach isn't going anywhere.
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

The offense really is fine.

It’s just the worst defensive team I can remember.

Just absolutely zero resistance.
1 x
Go Rhody
RAMFAN
Steve Chubin

Unread post by RAMFAN »

thank you! it's this channel 12 bullshit narrative which hurts URI getting funding.
2 x