1/31 | La Salle | 7:00PM (ESPN+)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Re: 1/31 | La Salle | 7:00PM (ESPN+)

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

I know everyone hates every 15 post...just because 15, but... LaSalle really does stink.
Rhody just stunk a little less last night
4 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 2 months ago I know everyone hates every 15 post...just because 15, but... LaSalle really does stink.
This.
0 x
Go Rhody
Section104
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Section104 »

This team has a lot of gaps to fill.

That said, in my opinion, the biggest area that's needed (in addition to "dawgs" on the defensive end) is the point guard position. Luis looked limited (probably injury related).

IMO House, Green, Estevez, Foumena, Weston and Fuchs all have a role on a team that can win in the A10 (probably Montgomery too with some help mentally). I just don't see Kortright or Always Wright being the floor general that maximizes the pieces around him.

Although I believe the above to be true I also want to call out that Kortright has been good at times. Our best player at times. I don't think he's bad I just don't see him being the answer to what this team needs and the injury he's dealing with isn't helping.
0 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

I disagree that URI's perimeter D was significantly better last night. LaSalle could not hit open threes. Is this a result of the pack-line D strategy, and not being able to respond to the perimeter quickly enough for fear of not being able to retreat to the pack line position?

Post game radio show those guys had the same opinion. They were hesitant to come right out and say it loudly, but they did say it. They "gave the edge" to LaSalle's poor shooting over URI's good D.

Lucky to win that one. LaSalle stinks, and so do we right now. Give me a few in a row to see some progress, I guess.
1 x
Mobley was fouled.
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodysurf »

RI_Bred wrote: 2 months ago I disagree that URI's perimeter D was significantly better last night. LaSalle could not hit open threes. Is this a result of the pack-line D strategy, and not being able to respond to the perimeter quickly enough for fear of not being able to retreat to the pack line position?

Post game radio show those guys had the same opinion. They were hesitant to come right out and say it loudly, but they did say it. They "gave the edge" to LaSalle's poor shooting over URI's good D.

Lucky to win that one. LaSalle stinks, and so do we right now. Give me a few in a row to see some progress, I guess.
Lasalle missed about 5000 open shots and layups
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

RI_Bred wrote: 2 months ago I disagree that URI's perimeter D was significantly better last night. LaSalle could not hit open threes. Is this a result of the pack-line D strategy, and not being able to respond to the perimeter quickly enough for fear of not being able to retreat to the pack line position?

Lasalle is just not a good shooting team. Brickus and Marrero were above average but everyone else shoots it sub 30%. I do think our rotations and scrambles were better but our Defense is still bad.
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

I agree. URI had two steals and three blocks, and La Salle only had eight turnovers. We're lucky they shot 36 percent from the field. They took 15 more shots than us because of all of the "extra" possessions they were getting.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

I’ve watched this defense since Game 1 and trust me the defense was not good even during the 1st 3 games when positivity for this team was peaking.

I commented after the Delaware game (where I watched live) and saw the defense not improving but deteriorating further.

I commented how Montgomery had only 1 steal in 11 games and was told the Pack-Line defense does not generate many steals. Ok. Great - I guess. My mistake for thinking 1 steal in 11 games is not good.

But I’ve seen Montgomery (who I was high on and came here with high praise) play at a slow pace, tended to casually move on defense with a low sense of urgency. No surprise to me that he would have almost no steals. He was very passive and still is. Worst defensive player I’ve seen in many years at URI was Brayon Freeman. Montgomery is not as bad as Freeman but not all that far behind.

For the announcers to quietly mention the defense I believe. They don’t rock boats. But I saw LaSalle pass the ball sometimes 5,6,7 times with quick, short passes and found it difficult to get good 3P attempts off.

Not saying the defense was great but I’ve seen it worse.

Last game I observed both Fuch’s and Green talking to House after his man got by him and Green picked up a foul because House got beat. Neither were talking to House about the weather.

Imagine if LaSalle shot like they normally do? We could have lost by 20.

On to Duquesne.
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Blue Man wrote: 2 months ago
Rhodymob05 wrote: 2 months ago It’s a big W for this squad.

Where did Fou go?????
I think that iso turnover in the early 2nd half was enough for Archie.

Kid has talent but he blatantly ignores coaching and just does what he wants.
He was an absolute force in the first half and is a a real weapon in the paint. Now that I think of it, his tech in the second half basically ended his night.
0 x
GO RAMS
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

reef wrote: 2 months ago 40-35 URI 1550

Fuchs his first basket on a pass that goes through the hoop !
Game winning basket!!!
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

rhodyrudder wrote: 2 months ago
reef wrote: 2 months ago 40-35 URI 1550

Fuchs his first basket on a pass that goes through the hoop !
Game winning basket!!!
Yep. Very lucky break for Rhody. Otherwise OT!
0 x
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

RI_Bred wrote: 2 months ago
rhodysurf wrote: 2 months ago
Blue Man wrote: 2 months ago Anyone notice you can hear Yorke louder than the commentators on ESPN+?

We had to bounce to get the kids to bed but I have a legit headache.
It was very loud tonight I hate it
It was really bad. Like you don't even have 10 seconds to talk to the person next to you. Deafening. And it need not be.

ANNDDDDDDD You can't even freaking understand it...

It's just like feedback played at 11 all the time.

AT LEAST IF IT'S GONNA BE THAT LOUD, CAN I FIGURE OUT WHAT THEY'RE SAYING PLEASE???

UHFNVIUERHNVI IUEYVIOUWN OIRTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

rhodyrudder wrote: 2 months ago
RI_Bred wrote: 2 months ago
rhodysurf wrote: 2 months ago

It was very loud tonight I hate it
It was really bad. Like you don't even have 10 seconds to talk to the person next to you. Deafening. And it need not be.

ANNDDDDDDD You can't even freaking understand it...

It's just like feedback played at 11 all the time.

AT LEAST IF IT'S GONNA BE THAT LOUD, CAN I FIGURE OUT WHAT THEY'RE SAYING PLEASE???

UHFNVIUERHNVI IUEYVIOUWN OIRTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And it’s not just York
It’s anyone on the microphone
Can’t understand it, maybe just get every 3rd word
Everyone screams into the mic
Everything is too loud
3 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

ramster wrote: 2 months ago

I’ve watched this defense since Game 1 and trust me the defense was not good even during the 1st 3 games when positivity for this team was peaking.

I commented after the Delaware game (where I watched live) and saw the defense not improving but deteriorating further.

I commented how Montgomery had only 1 steal in 11 games and was told the Pack-Line defense does not generate many steals. Ok. Great - I guess. My mistake for thinking 1 steal in 11 games is not good.

But I’ve seen Montgomery (who I was high on and came here with high praise) play at a slow pace, tended to casually move on defense with a low sense of urgency. No surprise to me that he would have almost no steals. He was very passive and still is. Worst defensive player I’ve seen in many years at URI was Brayon Freeman. Montgomery is not as bad as Freeman but not all that far behind.

For the announcers to quietly mention the defense I believe. They don’t rock boats. But I saw LaSalle pass the ball sometimes 5,6,7 times with quick, short passes and found it difficult to get good 3P attempts off.

Last game I observed both Fuch’s and Green talking to House after his man got by him and Green picked up a foul because House got beat. Neither were talking to House about the weather.

On to Duquesne.
They kinda did shoot it like they normally do. Sheppard and Brantley were 3-10 from 3 and on season are sub 30%. So actually they shot it slightly better than normal. Lasalle isn’t a good shooting team. 42/32 splits for season. 47/36 are our splits and we are by no means a great shooting team.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

bigappleram wrote: 2 months ago

On to Duquesne.
They kinda did shoot it like they normally do. Sheppard and Brantley were 3-10 from 3 and on season are sub 30%. So actually they shot it slightly better than normal. Lasalle isn’t a good shooting team. 42/32 splits for season. 47/36 are our splits and we are by no means a great shooting team.
What did you think about the defense? Am I off base that I thought our pressure at the perimeter resulted in more passes to get open and sometimes forcing shots to beat the shot clock? I thought it was better than the past couple of weeks.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

Section104 wrote: 2 months ago This team has a lot of gaps to fill.

That said, in my opinion, the biggest area that's needed (in addition to "dawgs" on the defensive end) is the point guard position. Luis looked limited (probably injury related).

IMO House, Green, Estevez, Foumena, Weston and Fuchs all have a role on a team that can win in the A10 (probably Montgomery too with some help mentally). I just don't see Kortright or Always Wright being the floor general that maximizes the pieces around him.

Although I believe the above to be true I also want to call out that Kortright has been good at times. Our best player at times. I don't think he's bad I just don't see him being the answer to what this team needs and the injury he's dealing with isn't helping.
The biggest issue is D and I put that more on the staff, which hopefully will get fixed.

Like I said before, I don't have any major issues with our current core group going forward.

Without any unexpected defections, this is my guess:

PG- Luis, Ways, Hammond
CG- House, Cam, Dubs
Wing- Weston, Zek, Farrell
PF/C- Green, Fuchs, Fou, Brown.

I like the depth here and the balance of youth and experience.

Again, I am sure there will be additional tweaks to this line-up, but for now this is how I see it. IMO

With the additional year of experience together and court-time plus getting the D tightened up, I am good with this roster for 24-25.

Look there were plenty of players this past portal season that I would have wanted but they either didn't see as a fit or were unable to land. Not sure we can do much better than what we already have.

My biggest fear would be having to go through another major roster construction for next season, but again doubt that happens.
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

Not get an easier for Dubs. If he can’t get more minutes now, don’t see him getting more next year. Not fast enough, not strong enough, defensive aggressiveness suspect, other tan catch and shoot in space, what is there? Tell me.
1 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

section(105) wrote: 2 months ago Not get an easier for Dubs. If he can’t get more minutes now, don’t see him getting more next year. Not fast enough, not strong enough, defensive aggressiveness suspect, other tan catch and shoot in space, what is there? Tell me.
Very difficult for me to really judge Dubs at this point, he is only a freshman.
Played very little, hasn't been 100% also has missed valuable practice-time.
So, no telling what his upside will be.
However, I do feel he will get stronger, and the game will slow down for him.
I also felt a RS year would have benefitted him.

Besides I am not sure whoever we can pick-up in the portal will be an immediate upgrade over House or Cam.
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

bigappleram wrote: 2 months ago

On to Duquesne.
What did you think about the defense? Am I off base that I thought our pressure at the perimeter resulted in more passes to get open and sometimes forcing shots to beat the shot clock? I thought it was better than the past couple of weeks.
Yes Ramster I thought in terms of rotations to shooters off scrambles our communication and team D was better. Agree there were numerous possessions where Lasalle had to make numerous passes to try to get a look and our rotations were pretty solid. Still think we let up way too much penetration though which has been an issue all year.
1 x
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

We definitely showed more defensive energy tonight. We were more active at the 3 pt line tonight. However, our defense on a simple screen is a real problem. We don’t hedge the screen very well and apparently don’t communicate very well as a couple of times the 2 Rhody players wound up guarding one player leaving the other wide open.

I remember even Jermaine Harris was better at hedging the screen.

Any ideas why at this point in the season , we are still struggling big time on this basic play?
2 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

I recall multiple clean baseline looks (Shepherd mainly) allowed by the packline as well as multiple blown layups by LaSalle after breaking the packline. Agree with Ramster the perimeter defense forcing a lot of extra passes was greatly improved.

I’m still not convinced-still a work in progress. Overall team attitude and demeanor was improved as well IMO.
1 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 2 months ago I know everyone hates every 15 post...just because 15, but... LaSalle really does stink.
NYG, I disagree with you regarding 15’s comments and on your broad use of “ hates every one of 15’s comments”. It is an over generalization, imho. As far as I am concerned, with like anyone else’s posts, I agree, partially agree or disagree. However, it is his petty approach to those he doesn’t agree with that I find annoying and distracting from relevant discussion.

I gladly admit I do not care for his disrespectful, superficial, lazy Jim Rome hot take wannabe posts and his out of context assumptions he passes off as self-settled opinion.

I enjoy well thought out and supported differing opinions here and witty, creative ones but that’s me. I am not here to insult posters I don’t know beyond the occasional engagements here on KB. I am here to discuss Rhody basketball, cbb and have some fun with fellow fans rather than my prove or remind others that my opinion is better than someone else’s.

I strongly encourage him to place me on ignore because I have no use for his superficial, lazy responses to me. Hopefully, he will and will clearly understand I have no desire to communicate with him on here.

I am only speaking for myself. I am done with discussing this publicly on the board. If you or 15 wish to discuss this further feel free to PM me.

Thanks.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Jdrums#3 wrote: 2 months ago
NYG, I disagree with you regarding 15’s comments and on your broad use of “ hates every one of 15’s comments”. It is an over generalization, imho. As far as I am concerned, with like anyone else’s posts, I agree, partially agree or disagree. However, it is his petty approach to those he doesn’t agree with that I find annoying and distracting from relevant discussion.

I gladly admit I do not care for his disrespectful, superficial, lazy Jim Rome hot take wannabe posts and his out of context assumptions he passes off as self-settled opinion.

I enjoy well thought out and supported differing opinions here and witty, creative ones but that’s me. I am not here to insult posters I don’t know beyond the occasional engagements here on KB. I am here to discuss Rhody basketball, cbb and have some fun with fellow fans rather than my prove or remind others that my opinion is better than someone else’s.

I strongly encourage him to place me on ignore because I have no use for his superficial, lazy responses to me. Hopefully, he will and will clearly understand I have no desire to communicate with him on here.

I am only speaking for myself. I am done with discussing this publicly on the board. If you or 15 wish to discuss this further feel free to PM me.

Thanks.

Charmin soft.

I didn’t even direct anything to you whatsoever in this thread, but you felt the need to butt into me and PRTs difference of opinions.

You couldn’t help but respond to me, but now you’re telling me to ignore you??? 😂😂😂

All I said was La Salle stinks, and apparently that hurts peoples feelings here.

Again, Charmin soft.
0 x
Go Rhody
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Anyone notice that when we are winning, there's a lot less sniping at each other on this board?

Another reason to get good soon.

Almost this entire thread since last night has been 2 or 3 posters ripping each a new one.

Great idea though, trying to get everyone's mind off the fact that barely beating shitty LaSalle was like watching an elephant giving birth.

Not a pretty sight.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

rambone 78 wrote: 2 months ago Anyone notice that when we are winning, there's a lot less sniping at each other on this board?

Almost this entire thread since last night has been 2 or 3 posters ripping each a new one.

Great idea though, trying to get everyone's mind off the fact that barely beating shitty LaSalle was like watching an elephant giving birth.

Not a pretty sight.
Unfortunately Bone that is where we currently are as a program, but things will improve.

Also remember just prior La Salle beat GW by 10 points in DC, at least we won.
1 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

77, usually I always comment about how we played whether or not we won, but right I agree I'll take any win we can get no matter how ugly.

We are who we are this season. Which is very inconsistent which comes with insufficient talent.

Not going to change a lot the rest of this season.

Its wait till next season, again.
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Thanks.

If you describe someone's behavior as petty, you mean that they care too much about small, unimportant things and perhaps that they are unnecessarily unkind. Sorta like when someone calls someone out for being lazy and superficial - on a message board.

I mean, good grief, it's a message board for cryin' out loud...
0 x
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

rambone 78 wrote: 2 months ago 77, usually I always comment about how we played whether or not we won, but right I agree I'll take any win we can get no matter how ugly.

We are who we are this season. Which is very inconsistent which comes with insufficient talent.

Not sure if it's insufficient talent so much as it's inexperienced talent. I love Cam and want him here all 4 years but him allowing himself to get his pocket picked towards the end of the game when the outcome was still in doubt is more about him still adjusting to the college game over high school.. Not sure if he saw any such aggressive and in your face defense like he saw last night.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

RhodyKyle wrote: 2 months ago
rambone 78 wrote: 2 months ago 77, usually I always comment about how we played whether or not we won, but right I agree I'll take any win we can get no matter how ugly.

Not sure if it's insufficient talent so much as it's inexperienced talent. I love Cam and want him here all 4 years but him allowing himself to get his pocket picked towards the end of the game when the outcome was still in doubt is more about him still adjusting to the college game over high school.. Not sure if he saw any such aggressive and in your face defense like he saw last night.
He's been noticeably bothered by in your face D a few times this year, hopefully he can adjust
0 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

That steal was real bad. Estevez seemed out of sorts most of the game. Probably had something going on. Hopefully bounces back strong next game.
1 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 2 months ago

Thanks.

If you describe someone's behavior as petty, you mean that they care too much about small, unimportant things and perhaps that they are unnecessarily unkind. Sorta like when someone calls someone out for being lazy and superficial - on a message board.

JD is one of the most respectful people on here. When you continue to antagonize, people can reach their breaking point. Even on a message board.. Also, this isn't just a random board. A lot of us see each other and know each other, so you expect the people on here to be a little bit more respectful.. 15 has plenty of good takes, but instead of saying Lasalle sucks, he needs to say yet again that he thinks he's right and then calls out PRT. I don't even think what he said was bad, but he's been such an asshole so many times in the past that even if he does something small, people are sick of it...It's akin to the tale of the boy who cried wolf - when he finally told the truth, no one believed him.. 15 has been so rude to so many people on here that even when he's not, things can escalate. I hope it changes, and we just talk rhody hoops and avoid the BS, but the chances of that happening are slim to none..
2 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

hrstrat57 wrote: 2 months ago

That steal was real bad. Estevez seemed out of sorts most of the game. Probably had something going on. Hopefully bounces back strong next game.
I think that's just life as a freshman. He's going to have a lot of ups and downs. He'll be fine.
1 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

steveystuds06 wrote: 2 months ago
hrstrat57 wrote: 2 months ago

I think that's just life as a freshman. He's going to have a lot of ups and downs. He'll be fine.
Yea, I was a tad surprised he didn’t have more of an impact against one of the worst teams in the A10, but he’s been a pretty steady contributor for about a month now so I’m not concerned at all.
0 x
Go Rhody
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

steveystuds06 wrote: 2 months ago

Thanks.

JD is one of the most respectful people on here. When you continue to antagonize, people can reach their breaking point. Even on a message board.. Also, this isn't just a random board. A lot of us see each other and know each other, so you expect the people on here to be a little bit more respectful.. 15 has plenty of good takes, but instead of saying Lasalle sucks, he needs to say yet again that he thinks he's right and then calls out PRT. I don't even think what he said was bad, but he's been such an asshole so many times in the past that even if he does something small, people are sick of it...It's akin to the tale of the boy who cried wolf - when he finally told the truth, no one believed him.. 15 has been so rude to so many people on here that even when he's not, things can escalate. I hope it changes, and we just talk rhody hoops and avoid the BS, but the chances of that happening are slim to none..
This is true Stevey. Whenever I have an issue with a poster I always request an in person meet. Hell, that's how I met Giants Fan. We have been friends since.
0 x
SandorClegane
Art Stephenson

Unread post by SandorClegane »

McRam wrote: 2 months ago We definitely showed more defensive energy tonight. We were more active at the 3 pt line tonight. However, our defense on a simple screen is a real problem. We don’t hedge the screen very well and apparently don’t communicate very well as a couple of times the 2 Rhody players wound up guarding one player leaving the other wide open.

I remember even Jermaine Harris was better at hedging the screen.

Any ideas why at this point in the season , we are still struggling big time on this basic play?
Fully agree here. We struggle mightily at hedging the screen. It allows smaller guards to drive at will.

I know a few people have talked about Houses defense. I would point out that they usually have him on the quickest guard as Luis and Cam are slower footed. I don’t think that’s a perfect match up for House as he’s 6’3 and build like a truck. This, along with our lack of hedging has allowed too much penetration for opposing teams guards.
1 x
“The greatest things in life are invisible to the eye”
- Mr. Rogers
rhodyblue12
ARD

Unread post by rhodyblue12 »

Winding back a bit - I think we played the PL defense a lot better this game.
LaSalle has two very quick guards and we did a good job forcing them middle where the help was.
I watched Cam specifically overplay to the edge to force middle and we did not give up the baseline.
We may have even over helped a bit which led to a few wide open threes, but that may have been by design to help on backside rebounds by Jocius.
One of the basic tenants is to not overplay and get beat back door, so that may be the reason we don't have a lot of steals.

I appreciate Ramster's comments , but LaSalle is not a great three point shooting team (33.7% to our - and we are not great - 36.6%) - so the gamble was a good one.
If they can play the defense well and we only get beat by a team that gets hot from 3, I'll take that at this point.
Any win is a good win these days.
1 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Thanks.

NYG, I appreciate your sentiments and I get it is a message board. I try not to use message board excuse as a license to disrespect others, but I am not perfect and get caught up it at times. That said, I am done with that aspect of responding here even if it is only a message board.

I do not wish to any longer waste space and time here on the board debating about other posters or debating I consider disrespectful posters and trolls.

I advised one poster here to ignore my posts because I am tired of his disrespectful schtick. I no longer will acknowledge his responses to me here. If I am in violation of any rules for not appreciating personal attacks or any longer responding to a personal attack from another on me then the board mods are welcome to ban me and I will go back to just lurking like I did for many years before.

I’ve said what I said and I am done with it.

Let’s please get back to the Rhody basketball and college basketball topics on the board.

You are free to PM me if my response isn’t sufficient and we can discuss this off the board.

Thanks.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Thanks.

NYG, I appreciate your sentiments and I get it is a message board. I try not to use message board excuse as a license to disrespect others, but I am not perfect and get caught up it at times. That said, I am done with that aspect of responding here even if it is only a message board.

I do not wish to any longer waste space and time here on the board debating about other posters or debating I consider disrespectful posters and trolls.

I advised one poster here to ignore my posts because I am tired of his disrespectful schtick. I no longer will acknowledge his responses to me here. If I am in violation of any rules for not appreciating personal attacks or any longer responding to a personal attack from another on me then the board mods are welcome to ban me and I will go back to just lurking like I did for many years before.

Let’s please get back to the Rhody basketball and college basketball topics on the board.

You are free to PM me if my response isn’t sufficient and we can discuss this off the board.

Thanks.
No, your "I'm done talking about it", followed by tons of ink is fine ;)
1 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Thanks.
No, your "I'm done talking about it", followed by tons of ink is fine ;)
Nice to finally see Rhody get a W again. We are on to Duq. ;)
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Rhody15 wrote: 2 months ago
This.
Yep. Won by 2 points on their home court. It was a pick’em game just like the URI -2.5 favorite indicated and won by 2

Vegas gets it ending up Wright on the money as always.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

rambone 78 wrote: 2 months ago Anyone notice that when we are winning, there's a lot less sniping at each other on this board?

Not a pretty sight.

Nothing should have really been a surprise though Rambone
Vegas had the game URI favored by 2.5 and we won by 2 - about as perfect a prediction as you can get

Imagine if we didn’t have David Green?

Rematch with LaSalle:
Feb 25 Sun AT LaSalle 12pm USA Net

Will be interesting to see how we play 3 weeks from now in Philly.
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

This.
Yep. Won by 2 points on their home court. It was a pick’em game just like the URI -2.5 favorite indicated and won by 2

Because they know a team two teams that stink when they see them?
0 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Troll:

a person who intentionally antagonizes others online by posting inflammatory, irrelevant, or offensive comments or other disruptive content

The more ya feed em the more they love it
2 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

This.

Because they know a team two teams that stink when they see them?
No. Vegas takes the emotions out. Message boards sometimes put emotions in.

Look at the NET for each team. Not rocket surgery. Numbers show this would be a close point spread game.

Before the game / after the game NET
LaSalle - decreased from 204 to 211
URI - improved from 205 to 201

And with 350+ D1 Teams NET of 200 or so has 150 teams increasingly worse.

Not bad to have the bottom teams tracking at 200.

The balance of the conference could make for an exciting A10 Barclays Tournament. Plus Conference isn’t even half way over.
IMG_2146.jpeg
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Not a pretty sight.

Nothing should have really been a surprise though Rambone
Vegas had the game URI favored by 2.5 and we won by 2 - about as perfect a prediction as you can get

Imagine if we didn’t have David Green?

Rematch with LaSalle:
Feb 25 Sun AT LaSalle 12pm USA Net

Will be interesting to see how we play 3 weeks from now in Philly.
The women play at #1 St. Joe's that Saturday.
Should be an interesting Rhody basketball weekend in Philly.
1 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

What a horrible thread
0 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Iggy1979 wrote: 2 months ago What a horrible thread
Well, there's not a lot to work with here these days :lol:
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

It truly is horrible
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

It truly is horrible
Just like La Salle.
0 x
Go Rhody
Port Charlotte Ram
Jim Eitner

Unread post by Port Charlotte Ram »

Just wondering if anyone noticed zek wasn't taped up on his shoulder and to me he seemed to move better, play better,and his shooting form was more fluid.Hope he's on the mend. GO RHODY
2 x