Rhody Dunks

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
jcru
Sly Williams

Rhody Dunks

Unread post by jcru »

https://www.nike.com/t/dunk-low-big-kid ... HF0031-400

Seen a lot of UNC colored shoes over the years, but I'm not sure I've ever seen Nike Dunks in these colors before. Released yesterday. "Big Kids" sizes.

Big Kid sizes also double as Men's sizes, and the women sizes are as follows:

7Y = 8.5 W
6.5Y = 8 W
6Y = 7.5 W
5.5Y = 7 W

For that reason, they are meant to be unisex and women with smaller sized feet tend to get them due to their lower price point than adult sized shoes. ($90 vs $115).

We've seen the ever popular "Panda Dunks" this year in black and white, and also recently "Dolphin Dunks" in Miami Dolphins colors...

https://www.nike.com/t/dunk-low-retro-m ... DV0833-102

I can't wear them, because you really need to have fairly narrow feet to wear Nike these days. My wife and son do, but I do not. I'll probably try to pick up a pair of these for my son though. They are sharp looking.
1 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Re: Rhody Dunks

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

The light blue and white ones are awesome but expensive since they’re so popular. Have not seen these though
1 x
GO RAMS
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

So what you are saying is they are not offered in men's sizes above size 7, correct?
1 x
Mobley was fouled.
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

As of right now, no. Correct.

The Panda dunks were meant to be "roomier" than their women's counterpart size, a little wider and slightly bigger toe box, even though they are technically meant to be all unisex, so with the panda's you may have been able to get away with a size 9 women's with the 7Y. Naturally, my wife is 9.5, so that's not happening for us. And I wouldn't even attempt that until you see some feedback, with people saying that these are roomier, as well

But someone could benefit from this.
1 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 3 months ago The light blue and white ones are awesome but expensive since they’re so popular. Have not seen these though
The do have them in England, similar situation as here: big kids only. Same sizes as the listing above...

https://www.nike.com/gb/t/dunk-low-olde ... CW1590-103

With the exchange rate through paypal, it comes out to about $93, so similar in price. We are going there soon, so I am tempted to get a pair sent to my in-laws, and then just bring it back, and then my son could have them in home unis and away unis colors.

However, I have noticed the trend that the UK has been getting colors like these just 3-6 weeks before we end up getting them here, so there is a good chance they'll just end up having them here for $90, in these sizes.
0 x