1/20 | Dayton | 12:30PM (USA)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Re: 1/20 | Dayton | 12:30PM (USA)

Unread post by RamStock »

PeterRamTime wrote: 3 months ago
RamStock wrote: 3 months ago
McRam wrote: 3 months ago

Stock, Not sire I agree. How many shots did he get off against Dayton? Did you see a lot of movement on his part.
I hear what you are saying. I am putting it in a scope of what is a realistic expectation for this kid. He has missed a lot of time in his career and has not accomplished a lot at smaller schools. People on the board have labeled him as the savior and always saying if we had Green or Bilau or whoever were here it would be different. This isn’t the case. Constant excuses. I think Green has played such limited minutes in actual game time that he will continue to improve and he is a one of the guys we want back.
So its not different under Green? Nothing changed with him being inserted into the lineup? Interesting take.
I said that Green has played well and think that he is one of the guys they should want for next years team. I don’t like at players like Bilau and Green and make them out to be first team A-10 players as you do. Winning games against teams like Fordham is not going to get people excited. The eye test just doesn’t show this as a tournament team group. Bilau and Green are nice pieces, but not the difference for a tournament team or in games we lost by 35
0 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

Presser - it drives me crazy that they can't mic up the people asking the questions:

0 x
Mobley was fouled.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

RI_Bred wrote: 3 months ago Presser - it drives me crazy that they can't mic up the people asking the questions:

Yeah very frustrating to not hear the questions

Arch addressed Zek lack of confidence @ the end
1 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

I hear what you are saying. I am putting it in a scope of what is a realistic expectation for this kid. He has missed a lot of time in his career and has not accomplished a lot at smaller schools. People on the board have labeled him as the savior and always saying if we had Green or Bilau or whoever were here it would be different. This isn’t the case. Constant excuses. I think Green has played such limited minutes in actual game time that he will continue to improve and he is a one of the guys we want back.
So its not different under Green? Nothing changed with him being inserted into the lineup? Interesting take.
I said that Green has played well and think that he is one of the guys they should want for next years team. I don’t like at players like Bilau and Green and make them out to be first team A-10 players as you do. Winning games against teams like Fordham is not going to get people excited. The eye test just doesn’t show this as a tournament team group. Bilau and Green are nice pieces, but not the difference for a tournament team or in games we lost by 35
Lol never actually said either would be first team A-10 players. I have only ever said "if Bilau comes back he will help us" he came back and he did help us. The brief time he has played he's played well. So naturally you would assert we would be better with him no? I said "IF Green IS our best player like Archie and others have said who have WATCHED him play, then he will help us a lot." Sure seemed like he helped us a lot for four straight games.

The whole team just not even trying is another issue and I don't think it necessarily reflects our talent. St Bona and Dayton aren't 30+ points better than us. You'd be right if we just get blown out the rest of the year, but we have way more of a mental problem than a talent problem right now. Not to say we don't have holes on the roster, but as we've seen, we can play 10 times better than what we showed last week. We have to figure our why they're so mentally weak and fix that before anything else.

Also, interesting how you made zero posts from before the St Joe's until our collapse this week. Just kinda weird for a fan to only show up when things are at their worst. Just saying.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

reef wrote: 3 months ago
RI_Bred wrote: 3 months ago Presser - it drives me crazy that they can't mic up the people asking the questions:

Yeah very frustrating to not hear the questions

Arch addressed Zek lack of confidence @ the end
The kid is a junior. Tick tock. Tick tock.
0 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

Lol never actually said either would be first team A-10 players. I have only ever said "if Bilau comes back he will help us" he came back and he did help us. The brief time he has played he's played well. So naturally you would assert we would be better with him no? I said "IF Green IS our best player like Archie and others have said who have WATCHED him play, then he will help us a lot." Sure seemed like he helped us a lot for four straight games.

The whole team just not even trying is another issue and I don't think it necessarily reflects our talent. St Bona and Dayton aren't 30+ points better than us. You'd be right if we just get blown out the rest of the year, but we have way more of a mental problem than a talent problem right now. Not to say we don't have holes on the roster, but as we've seen, we can play 10 times better than what we showed last week. We have to figure our why they're so mentally weak and fix that before anything else.

Also, interesting how you made zero posts from before the St Joe's until our collapse this week. Just kinda weird for a fan to only show up when things are at their worst. Just saying.
I’m hoping Archie turns it around, but I just don’t see any EC Matthew’s or Jared Terrell’s that will be playing on a tourney level. Between players leaving each year and not seeing a ton of great young talent it is tough to have hope. I was away in Hawaii for 10 days so didn’t follow much. In reality it comes down to the A-10 tournament for all the teams outside of Dayton. Need to get hot for three days I guess
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

I’m hoping Archie turns it around, but I just don’t see any EC Matthew’s or Jared Terrell’s that will be playing on a tourney level. Between players leaving each year and not seeing a ton of great young talent it is tough to have hope. I was away in Hawaii for 10 days so didn’t follow much. In reality it comes down to the A-10 tournament for all the teams outside of Dayton. Need to get hot for three days I guess
I think Hawaii does that to everybody, doesn't it?
1 x