CUT ADIDAS BAIT

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

CUT ADIDAS BAIT

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

Looks like Richmond and us have the same shorts design

Brutal

CUT ADIDAS BAIT
3 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Re: CUT ADIDAS BAIT

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

I like the jerseys, but the font is too small. We need more cowbell, I mean Keaney blue.
2 x
GO RAMS
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

I think it’s ridiculous to have the same design with someone in your own conference

What is this high school ?!?

Talk about lack of identity…
1 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

ElmCityRhody wrote: 3 months ago I think it’s ridiculous to have the same design with someone in your own conference

What is this high school ?!?

Talk about lack of identity…
Yeah noticed that a while ago. I don't think this is the first time but yeah, I'm not that big a fan of our current unis.

The keaney blues are nice...the others are meh

I hate have the keaney letters and navy numbers...just do keaney for both!

Hate the navy with white numbers and keaney letters! Make it all keaney!

I hope one day we get Nike
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Do you make these threads and posts intoxicated the majority of the time?

Jesus Christ dude.

4 game winning streak, 3-0 in conference, and all you’re worried another is making a thread about our uniform shorts.
3 x
Go Rhody
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Rhody15 wrote: 3 months ago Do you make these threads and posts intoxicated the majority of the time?

Jesus Christ dude.

4 game winning streak, 3-0 in conference, and all you’re worried another is making a thread about our uniform shorts.

I love you too 😘
3 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Rhody15 wrote: 3 months ago Do you make these threads and posts intoxicated the majority of the time?

Jesus Christ dude.

Yeah fans never discuss uniforms! What a crazy thread 🤡
1 x
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by KeaneyBluBallz »

Look good, feel good, play good
1 x
:lol:
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

Just not the Ocean State uniforms.👎
3 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Rhody Sody
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Rhody Sody »

I thought our jerseys looked fantastic vs the jerseys worn by UMASS. Color scheme, design, everything. I could imagine watching that as a recruit and saying “I’m going to rhody”.

I’m not going to complain about the jerseys. Positivity fellas, we are on a winning streak!
2 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Rhody Sody wrote: 3 months ago Positivity fellas, we are on a winning streak!
Because of the unis!
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 3 months ago I like the jerseys, but the font is too small. We need more cowbell, I mean Keaney blue.
Our Keaney uniforms should come out a lot more than they do
5 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

section(105) wrote: 3 months ago Just not the Ocean State uniforms.👎
I'm so happy they haven't made a comeback and hopefully they've all been burned
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Rhody Sody wrote: 3 months ago I thought our jerseys looked fantastic vs the jerseys worn by UMASS. Color scheme, design, everything. I could imagine watching that as a recruit and saying “I’m going to rhody”.

I’m not going to complain about the jerseys. Positivity fellas, we are on a winning streak!
The one thing the UMass uniform had that was better than us was they had the outline of the state of MA on the back neck. I'd love to see us incorporate that
1 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 3 months ago
Rhody Sody wrote: 3 months ago I thought our jerseys looked fantastic vs the jerseys worn by UMASS. Color scheme, design, everything. I could imagine watching that as a recruit and saying “I’m going to rhody”.

The one thing the UMass uniform had that was better than us was they had the outline of the state of MA on the back neck. I'd love to see us incorporate that
Or the Ram logo?
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

I would put the Rams logo on the sides of the shorts where the RI logo is
1 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 3 months ago I would put the Rams logo on the sides of the shorts where the RI logo is
The ram logo has grown on me but...I still like us to primarily use the interlocking RI. Better for the brand. I do love them on the keaney's though.
0 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

section(105) wrote: 3 months ago Just not the Ocean State uniforms.👎
Horrendously cheesy.
1 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Nike really does so much better than Adidas when it comes to unis. I have both Adidas and Nike sneakers and clothing and based on what I wear I am not partial to either or.
1 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

I wonder if Bo Ellis ( Marquette circa 70’s ? ) is still designing uni’s and working for Addidas. Those were some fugly uni’s he designed. :lol:
0 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Jdrums#3 wrote: 3 months ago I wonder if Bo Ellis ( Marquette circa 70’s ? ) is still designing uni’s and working for Addidas. Those were some fugly uni’s he designed. :lol:
Weren’t the 1970s kinda a fugly decade across the board? I wasn’t born until the 80s so didn’t experience any of it but it looked pretty bad!
2 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Jdrums#3 wrote: 3 months ago I wonder if Bo Ellis ( Marquette circa 70’s ? ) is still designing uni’s and working for Addidas. Those were some fugly uni’s he designed. :lol:
I remember those ! You recall Butch Lee and Jerome Whitehead too ??
1 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Taylor Swift wrote: 3 months ago
Weren’t the 1970s kinda a fugly decade across the board? I wasn’t born until the 80s so didn’t experience any of it but it looked pretty bad!
Some of that 70's style is back now. There was this couple I saw at work that made my 66 year old co-worker say "wow it's like I'm back in the 70's" some of these hipsters are brinin it back.
1 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

PeterRamTime wrote: 3 months ago
Some of that 70's style is back now. There was this couple I saw at work that made my 66 year old co-worker say "wow it's like I'm back in the 70's" some of these hipsters are brinin it back.
I thought the early 2000s were back!? 🤣
1 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

I thought the early 2000s were back!? 🤣
They might be...I know when I moved to Nashville that mullets and mustaches were back!
1 x
JFrech21
Jeff Kent

Unread post by JFrech21 »

I agree that Nike does a much better job with College Bball uniforms than Adidas but Adidas does a good job with their top teams. Think Kansas, they haven't messed up Indiana, Arizona St., Texas A&M, Miami, etc.

I think no matter the company, if you're not a top team you will get pretty generic uniforms. I know most people hated the cummerbund shorts we had a few years back but I liked it because it was different. I agree with Elm that you need something different. It would be nice to have a throwback uniform with the gold in it.
1 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

JFrech21 wrote: 3 months ago I agree that Nike does a much better job with College Bball uniforms than Adidas but Adidas does a good job with their top teams. Think Kansas, they haven't messed up Indiana, Arizona St., Texas A&M, Miami, etc.

I think no matter the company, if you're not a top team you will get pretty generic uniforms. I know most people hated the cummerbund shorts we had a few years back but I liked it because it was different. I agree with Elm that you need something different. It would be nice to have a throwback uniform with the gold in it.
I think the issue is how our branding has been all over the place. Those other schools have had a universal font that they've had for years. They've stuck to it and haven't deviated. Since I started watching in the 05-06 season we have used TEN completely different uniform combinations that have included TEN different fonts. We have a superior color scheme, we are a state university, you just need to keep it relatively simple.

Universal font, no over the top window dressing on the uniforms like the cumberhorns, shoulder pads (Cox era) or a diamond around the interlocking logo and you're good.
0 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

JFrech21 wrote: 3 months ago I agree that Nike does a much better job with College Bball uniforms than Adidas but Adidas does a good job with their top teams. Think Kansas, they haven't messed up Indiana, Arizona St., Texas A&M, Miami, etc.

I think the issue is how our branding has been all over the place. Those other schools have had a universal font that they've had for years. They've stuck to it and haven't deviated. Since I started watching in the 05-06 season we have used TEN completely different uniform combinations that have included TEN different fonts. We have a superior color scheme, we are a state university, you just need to keep it relatively simple.

Universal font, no over the top window dressing on the uniforms like the cumberhorns, shoulder pads (Cox era) or a diamond around the interlocking logo and you're good.

This was what I’ve been preaching for years

We came up w the rhody font but we really haven’t made it universal

Amateur hour
2 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

ElmCityRhody wrote: 3 months ago

This was what I’ve been preaching for years

We came up w the rhody font but we really haven’t made it universal

Amateur hour
All credit to you on the font ECR!
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

90s early 2000s had it right. The correct font is on the Keaney blue jerseys we have now, but you’ll never see them unless we play the friars I guess? Gotta make the Keaney pop. Those warmups the recruits wear for photos is amazing.
2 x
GO RAMS
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Rhodymob05 wrote: 3 months ago 90s early 2000s had it right. The correct font is on the Keaney blue jerseys we have now, but you’ll never see them unless we play the friars I guess? Gotta make the Keaney pop. Those warmups the recruits wear for photos is amazing.
Agreed! Late 90's early 2000's was consistent and I think where we want to get back to.

I think we wore the keaney's like twice last year right?
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Rhodymob05 wrote: 3 months ago 90s early 2000s had it right. The correct font is on the Keaney blue jerseys we have now, but you’ll never see them unless we play the friars I guess? Gotta make the Keaney pop. Those warmups the recruits wear for photos is amazing.
Agreed! Late 90's early 2000's was consistent and I think where we want to get back to.

PC and UMass at home. Not sure any other times
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 3 months ago

PC and UMass at home. Not sure any other times
The Keaney Blue Jerseys are absolutely tremendous. Hopefully we break them out again this year.
3 x
Go Rhody
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Today's uniforms are elite
2 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 3 months ago Today's uniforms are elite
It’s a shame, 02, that we couldn’t put forth a better effort worthy of the Keaney Blues.
1 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

0-3 in these , all double digit defeats.
0 x
GO RAMS
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Rhodymob05 wrote: 3 months ago 0-3 in these , all double digit defeats.
0-4
0 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 3 months ago Today's uniforms are elite

elite yes but would be so much better w Nike

Look at Dayton - simple yet classic

Too bad we can’t win in them and do them justice

I wear them more often than the navy personally
0 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

when is our contact up ?

I’d reach out to Jordan brand also
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Okay we actually have won in the Keaney's

Last year against Dayton.
0 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

looks like we signed w adidas around 2017 (??)

was that the latest contract ?

anyone know how long this contract was for ?
0 x
Ramtastico
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Ramtastico »

Yes, we will be the 11th Jumpman sponsored team, keep dreaming. Our uniforms are the least of our problems. The way we play we are lucky to be an adidas school and not rocking Champion or Pony.
2 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

ElmCityRhody wrote: 2 months ago when is our contact up ?

I’d reach out to Jordan brand also
Yea, let’s have URI reach out to the Jordan Brand.

They’re gonna sponsor a mid major that’s on national TV 3-5 times a year and who has been an A10 bottom feeder for a few years.

You put the letters URI in front of Jordan executives and I doubt the majority could even tell you what it stands for.

Let’s be real here man.
1 x
Go Rhody
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

Looked like we were borrowing Kentucky's uniforms on Sunday.

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH KEANEY BLUE?
0 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Rhode_Island_Red wrote: 2 months ago Looked like we were borrowing Kentucky's uniforms on Sunday.

There was absolutely nothing wrong with the jerseys we had on against UMass.

There was White, Navy and Keaney on those jerseys which are exactly our school colors.

Man oh man we’ll find anything to bitch about huh?
0 x
Go Rhody
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

If we don't start winning big, we will be lucky to be a TEMU school.
0 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Ramtastico wrote: 2 months ago Yes, we will be the 11th Jumpman sponsored team, keep dreaming. Our uniforms are the least of our problems. The way we play we are lucky to be an adidas school and not rocking Champion or Pony.

PONY - I love it.. good one :)

0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Rhode_Island_Red wrote: 2 months ago Looked like we were borrowing Kentucky's uniforms on Sunday.

We didn't have Kentucky blue on...
1 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

These navy jerseys were far and away better then todays.

Attachments
DA583B28-FD2F-4305-BD4A-15F9122CB24E.jpeg
1 x
GO RAMS
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by KeaneyBluBallz »

are British Knights still a thing?
0 x
:lol: