1/13 | UMass | 2:00PM (ESPN+)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Re: 1/13 | UMass | 2:00PM (ESPN+)

Unread post by RI_Bred »

RhodyRams12 wrote: 3 months ago
PeterRamTime wrote: 3 months ago
RhodyRams12 wrote: 3 months ago Is there a replay available? Wasn’t able to watch today.
It's on ESPN+

Maybe Rhodysurf will have it if you don't wanna pay for ESPN+
I have ESPN+. Didn’t see it on there available for replay
It should be there. Would be weird if not.
0 x
Mobley was fouled.
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

6 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

RhodyRams12 wrote: 3 months ago Is there a replay available? Wasn’t able to watch today.
It's on ESPN+

Go down to A10 conference. You should see it there.
0 x
RhodyRams12
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by RhodyRams12 »

It's on ESPN+

It's on there. Click on the A10 conference and look for on demand
Thank you - was searching by team name. Found it.
0 x
Common sense is not common.
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

steveystuds06 wrote: 3 months ago Jesus guys.. So freaking negative. Let's wait and see before we assume the worst...
Its not being negative when you just see a dude collapse and hold their knee like that

Not blaming myself for being really worried about that lol
Everyone was worried... He got up and walked off and eventually came back. My point is to take a deep breath and see what happens before assuming the worst.
1 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

2 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

adam914 wrote: 3 months ago
Ya not a surprise about Bilau. I feel for the kid. That sucks.
5 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

I think something is up with Zek’s left shoulder, when he drove to the basket in the second half and shot a runner with his right and got blocked where if she shot it with his left he would’ve had an easy layup
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

steveystuds06 wrote: 3 months ago
steveystuds06 wrote: 3 months ago Jesus guys.. So freaking negative. Let's wait and see before we assume the worst...
Its not being negative when you just see a dude collapse and hold their knee like that

Everyone was worried... He got up and walked off and eventually came back. My point is to take a deep breath and see what happens before assuming the worst.
No!
1 x
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

Unread post by DeanDome88 »

A fun time at the Ryan Center even though I got in the building late. The line outside the building was something I had not experienced prior to today. Free throw shooting down the stretch was abysmal luckily it did not cost us due to our 3 point shooting.
1 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Top tip only for forum members. If you’re in a huge que on the North Lobby side of the building quietly walk around to the South Lobby. 4 lines (one for students) got in building in 2 minutes. The line was 4 peeps wide and 100 yards long at 1:35 today at the North Lobby entrance.

Shhh 🤫

You’re welcome.

Curious if any other A10 gyms are doing the frisk plastic baggie only drill?
4 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

hrstrat57 wrote: 3 months ago Top tip only for forum members. If you’re in a huge que on the North Lobby side of the building quietly walk around to the South Lobby. 4 lines (one for students) got in building in 2 minutes. The line was 4 peeps wide and 100 yards long at 1:35 today at the North Lobby entrance.

Shhh 🤫

You’re welcome.

Curious if any other A10 gyms are doing the frisk plastic baggie only drill?
That was one reason I always parked in the Keaney lot. It was a longer walk to the door, but once there you breezed right in.
2 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

The other issue is they moved the ticket scan to right when you walk in the door. So as you are walking in, putting all the stuff back in your pockets, they want your tix. Has to be a better way. It was okay before when you could enter the lobby and get yourself together then go scan tix.
2 x
rhodyram22
ARD

Unread post by rhodyram22 »

Shoutout to Estevez. That kid’s got that dawg in him. Only a freshman too.
6 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

But, but, but……we are 3-0 in the conference……..blueram, come on man…..
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

rhodyram22 wrote: 3 months ago Shoutout to Estevez. That kid’s got that dawg in him. Only a freshman too.
We have a good mix of young and mature talent right now, 22. Archie has us back on track.

Imagine if we were fully healthy and had Green from game one ?

This Rhody team is very likable and fun to watch right now. An amazing turn of fortune from earlier in the season.
6 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Jdrums#3 wrote: 3 months ago
rhodyram22 wrote: 3 months ago Shoutout to Estevez. That kid’s got that dawg in him. Only a freshman too.
We have a good mix of young and mature talent right now, 22. Archie has us back on track.

This Rhody team and becoming very likable and fun to watch. An amazing turn of fortune from earlier in the season.
We straight up looked like a tournament team today.
7 x
rhodyram22
ARD

This Rhody team is very likable and fun to watch right now. An amazing turn of fortune from earlier in the season.
They are likable and fun to watch. Imagine how good we’ll be when Montgomery is playing like himself too?
2 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

adam914 wrote: 3 months ago
Yeah sucks about JB but we are pretty deep with bigs and can go small @ times too
1 x
EZBuckets
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by EZBuckets »

HUGE game and win! I haven’t had that much fun in a very long time.

Thanks to everyone who came out today, the atmosphere was electric despite the students still being on break.

Also, can we talk about the deafening silence from two of the biggest A10 twitter accounts (A10Talk & 3BidLeague)? ZERO mention of the final score or game on both accounts. Embarrassing.
21 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

EZBuckets wrote: 3 months ago HUGE game and win! I haven’t had that much fun in a very long time.

Thanks to everyone who came out today, the atmosphere was electric despite the students still being on break.

Also, can we talk about the deafening silence from two of the biggest A10 twitter accounts (A10Talk & 3BidLeague)? ZERO mention of the final score or game on both accounts. Embarrassing.
Great job today, we appreciate you!
9 x
Mobley was fouled.
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

EZBuckets wrote: 3 months ago HUGE game and win! I haven’t had that much fun in a very long time.

Buckets, gotta ask. Is there someone in training ?
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

Arch told him to tape n aspirin to his knee and it will get better :)
1 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Kinda getting ahead of myself, but if we beat the Bonnies and Dayton beats SLU, Archie is going back to Dayton 4-0 to face Dayton 4-0. Would be quite the matchup.
3 x
EZBuckets
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by EZBuckets »

section(105) wrote: 3 months ago

At the moment? Technically, no.

However at last check I believe the plan for next season will involve the Ruckus leadership group taking over “by committee” with multiple members sharing my current role.
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

hrstrat57 wrote: 3 months ago Rhode Island and uMass both well coached and good with full on hatred will be fantastic for the A10. It actually looks promising.

Weird game with the whistle tho. Game didn’t appear contentious from upstairs, maybe there was a lot of garbage being talked on the floor. Not a single three second call on Cohen was equally bizarre.

Nice win - pretty solid all day and packline is really starting to work. Appears I was premature with my criticism.

Go Rhody
It was chippy underneath
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

RI_Bred wrote: 3 months ago
McRam wrote: 3 months ago
hrstrat57 wrote: 3 months ago Rhode Island and uMass both well coached and good with full on hatred will be fantastic for the A10. It actually looks promising.

Weird game with the whistle tho. Game didn’t appear contentious from upstairs, maybe there was a lot of garbage being talked on the floor. Not a single three second call on Cohen was equally bizarre.

Nice win - pretty solid all day and packline is really starting to work. Appears I was premature with my criticism.

Go Rhody
We won this game on the offensive side of the ball. Our defense is not good. If we can fix that part of the puzzle, we will be a top notch A10 team.
It's not where it needs to be for sure, but I thought we had flashes of "better" today.

What happened to Westin's hand? Heard it split open and he had to have stitches?
couldn't see exactly, but there was definitely blood
0 x
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

What happened on the flagrant?
That could’ve been a huge momentum swing, but they missed one ft and then didn’t score on the next possession, so it was just 1point.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

This Rhody team and becoming very likable and fun to watch. An amazing turn of fortune from earlier in the season.
We straight up looked like a tournament team today.
Well...not going to lose again til sometime in March, so, yeah...
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

rhodyram22 wrote: 3 months ago

They are likable and fun to watch. Imagine how good we’ll be when Montgomery is playing like himself too?
I been wondering about that...seems like we've been hearing for a long time that Zek "isn't playing like himself." I picked the guy to lead all scorers, now I'm wondering if...different level, this is who he is?
2 x
damram
Kenny Green

Unread post by damram »

Best game that I have been to in a while. The entry line went to the street and circled back to the box office. Never seen that before. Walked around to the south entrance and missed the first ten minutes of the game. Going to have to start getting there earlier.
3 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

rhodyrudder wrote: 3 months ago What happened on the flagrant?
That could’ve been a huge momentum swing, but they missed one ft and then didn’t score on the next possession, so it was just 1point.
Fou was wrestling with the guy all the way down the court and then ramped it up when they got under the hoop. Was not a terrible call.
2 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

WOW
WOW
WOW

just got done w the game
5 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

ElmCityRhody wrote: 3 months ago WOW
WOW
WOW

just got done w the game
never really in doubt
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 3 months ago

I been wondering about that...seems like we've been hearing for a long time that Zek "isn't playing like himself." I picked the guy to lead all scorers, now I'm wondering if...different level, this is who he is?
Yea, Zek has me scratching my head wondering what is going on with him, as well.

He’s has good tools/athleticism. He isn’t the focus of the D, which should free him up on O. Maybe it’s a combo of weakened confidence and a nagging injury that he can play with ?

I don’t know.

Would really like to see him get back on track soon. He makes us even more dangerous to defend if he is on.
0 x
rhodyram22
ARD

McRam wrote: 3 months ago

We won this game on the offensive side of the ball. Our defense is not good. If we can fix that part of the puzzle, we will be a top notch A10 team.
It's not where it needs to be for sure, but I thought we had flashes of "better" today.

What happened to Westin's hand? Heard it split open and he had to have stitches?
I was in the corner near the bench today and saw. Idek how he cut it but it looked like he was in excruciating pain
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

I was in the corner near the bench today and saw. Idek how he cut it but it looked like he was in excruciating pain
Yep, that's why I just stay away from that rim when I play. (That, plus I'm short and can't get very far off the ground)

In all seriousness, we sit down near there. He was is serious pain, there was blood, there looked to maybe be cursing. When I read earlier in the thread that Steve thought maybe dislocated and put that together with the blood that I saw...that'd be a serious dislocation. It seemed like...when he came back on the bench later, with a black bandage on his hand, he and Arch had a bit of a testy exchange...anyone else see that?
Last edited by NYGFan_Section208 3 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
2 x
rhodyram22
ARD

Yea, Zek has me scratching my head wondering what is going on with him, as well.

He’s has good tools/athleticism. He isn’t the focus of the D, which should free him up on O. Maybe it’s a combo of weakened confidence and a nagging injury that he can play with ?

I don’t know.

Would really like to see him get back on track soon. He makes us even more dangerous to defend if he is on.
Surely it’s a confidence issue. He had 18 pts vs Northwestern.
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

I’ve noticed a clear bias from them, guess we have to keep winning!
0 x
GO RAMS
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

ElmCityRhody wrote: 3 months ago WOW
WOW
WOW

just got done w the game
never really in doubt
NO DOUBT. !
0 x
ram1980
Art Stephenson

Unread post by ram1980 »

Impressive win today. Best offensive performance by a uri team in years. Clicking on all cylinders. Nothing negative here. Wire to wire win. Never in doubt.
Then drove to beach . Also Impressive maybe not in a good way. Huge surf at Narragansett. Salty brine had what appeared to I be 10 foot high sand dunes all along the deck near the concession stand. Unreal... it's fun to take the 50 minute ride to the Ryan center again.
6 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

RE: beach today, not good

0 x
Mobley was fouled.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

EZBuckets wrote: 3 months ago
section(105) wrote: 3 months ago

At the moment? Technically, no.

However at last check I believe the plan for next season will involve the Ruckus leadership group taking over “by committee” with multiple members sharing my current role.
This team could be special next year. Are you sure you want to leave? :o :o
0 x
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

VERY often A10MBB "neglects" to retweet URIMBB after a URI win even while retweeting every other winner of the night
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

I took a picture of the banner at around 2:20pm that showed for Rhody:
FT% 100%
FG% 100%
...after they had taken some of each, and, I think they hit a couple of each after...y'don't see that every day.

Great game by House (that shot-clock beater three was awesome, and he takes it to the hoop with as much strength as anyone), probably their most consistent player all year? But, how freeking good is Cam? When Arch said the difference in these guys now is that these guys playing now weren't playing then...aside from the obvious, Cam is one of those guys. My goodness that dude can shoot it...and such a nice looking shot
0 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

Man I hope these guys stay here after this year.
0 x
Mobley was fouled.
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

A lot of us said the coach had lost it.

A lot of us said we were short on talent.

Wrong and wrong. I will sure admit it.

Now the issue is, can we stay healthy?

We've gone from a league laughingstock to one of the best in the league like overnight.
6 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

LoveThoseRams wrote: 3 months ago

Arch told him to tape n aspirin to his knee and it will get better :)
My favorite part was around 12:08. Enter the napkin. Arch slams it on the table, and it remains the focal point for the rest of the video as he absolutely grinds the bejeepers out of it.
thenakkin.JPG
thenakkin.JPG (18.1 KiB) Viewed 3042 times
3 x
The Dude
Tom Garrick

Unread post by The Dude »

This is the best game I have seen this team play all year. I'm almost at the Pitsville station. If they can beat Bonnies on the road, it'll be all aboard for Glory City baby!
House, Green, & Cam looking like the splash brothers today! UMass should've packed for inclement weather. It started raining buckets and 3s were splashing in their face. URI sent them home all soaking wet.
2 x
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Marcus Garvey
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Did anybody notice that we're averaging 82 PPG in the 3 conference games?
3 x