Anaelle Dutat ineligible.

Discuss everything related to the women's team.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Anaelle Dutat ineligible.

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Sounds like academics. Huge loss.
0 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Re: Anaelle Dutat ineligible.

Unread post by PeteRI »

I hope she's able to come back soon. They're already missing her rebounds and defense.
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

I’ve heard Reiss say Dutat is very smart and an excellent student.
This is coming from the NCAA questioning some courses she took in France.

In these days of pay for play, some playing for 4 and even 5 schools, total free agency with no sit out penalty it’s like the NCAA just being a pain in the arse with questioning class work from France……..and she is a Sophomore.
3 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Hope she comes back soon.
1 x
scorpio
Abdul Fox

Unread post by scorpio »

ramster wrote: 3 months ago I’ve heard Reiss say Dutat is very smart and an excellent student.
This is coming from the NCAA questioning some courses she took in France.

In these days of pay for play, some playing for 4 and even 5 schools, total free agency with no sit out penalty it’s like the NCAA just being a pain in the arse with questioning class work from France……..and she is a Sophomore.
This does not make sense. High school transcripts in theory should only affect players when they become initially eligible (or ineligible) as freshmen.
Maybe the URI compliance department reported something very late or the NCAA rereviewed something.
0 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Still out tonight. NCAA is such a joke.
0 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

St. Joe's will destroy us if we give up 19 offensive rebounds like we did last night to Fordham. That helped them take 12 more shots than us. We need Anaelle back!!
0 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

At the risk of being called a gloom and doomer, I think with Dutat this team was barely a top 4 A-10 team, which is to say, they could get a first round bye for the tourney, but they were still going to have to fight for it, every game.

Without Dutat, I don't see it. Tammi was right on the money with her assessment of yesterday's performance. That's not going to cut it vs the upper crust of the conference. Fordham cut that 20+ pt lead to 8 in the last quarter at the Ryan.

I wonder if Dutat is out of the rest of the season? I say this, because if they knew when she was coming back, even if it was after the next three games, they would announce it. They wouldn't keep it a secret. No news is bad g'news in this case.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

Maybe Tammi will clarify or make some announcement regarding Dutat at tonight's coach's show.
1 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

jcru wrote: 3 months ago At the risk of being called a gloom and doomer, I think with Dutat this team was barely a top 4 A-10 team, which is to say, they could get a first round bye for the tourney, but they were still going to have to fight for it, every game.

Without Dutat, I don't see it. Tammi was right on the money with her assessment of yesterday's performance. That's not going to cut it vs the upper crust of the conference. Fordham cut that 20+ pt lead to 8 in the last quarter at the Ryan.

I wonder if Dutat is out of the rest of the season? I say this, because if they knew when she was coming back, even if it was after the next three games, they would announce it. They wouldn't keep it a secret. No news is bad g'news in this case.
I think with Tammi saying the University is doing everything possible to get her back eligible the door isn't closed yet on this season
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

I hope they get her back then, RR02. It may have been crazy to say at the beginning of the season, with us returning the A10 PoY, but in hindsight, she may be our best player.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

jcru wrote: 3 months ago I hope they get her back then, RR02. It may have been crazy to say at the beginning of the season, with us returning the A10 PoY, but in hindsight, she may be our best player.
Maye Toure was most improved player, not player of the year
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

That's right, I remember. but she was also 1st team All A-10 as well.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

jcru wrote: 3 months ago That's right, I remember. but she was also 1st team All A-10 as well.
She was dressed in warmups for the game Wednesday night. Stood under the basket passing balls back out to the shooters
Sophie Sene was on crutches
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

ramster wrote: 3 months ago
jcru wrote: 3 months ago That's right, I remember. but she was also 1st team All A-10 as well.
She was dressed in warmups for the game Wednesday night. Stood under the basket passing balls back out to the shooters
Sophie Sene was on crutches
And Chantelle Blagrove has yet to play a game in a URI uniform in a year and a half because of a bad knee.
0 x