12/10 | Charleston | 2:00PM (FloHoops)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
spookydog
Tom Garrick

12/10 | Charleston | 2:00PM (FloHoops)

Unread post by spookydog »

University of Rhode Island vs College of Charleston
TD Arena, Charleston, SC
Sunday, December 10, 2023
2:00PM

Media
TV: N/A
Online: FloHoops
Radio: Tune In Radio
App: Varsity Network
Live Stats: Stat Broadcast

Previews
College of Charleston Fan Forum

After losing back-to-back games in the state of Rhode Island, the Rams hope leaving this state will help turn their fortunes around. Rhody now heads to the College of Charleston for an afternoon tilt in South Carolina this coming Sunday. The Cougars have struggled so far this season after having a stellar season last year, making the NCAA tournament. They already have as many losses this season than they did all of last year. Charlestown was picked as preseason favorites in the CAA with 10 of the possible 14 first place votes.

The Cougars have a very well-balanced scoring attack. They have seven players averaging between 11 & 7 points per game. Leading the team in scoring is junior forward Ben Burham with 11.6 points per game. How he finds time to practice considering his arduous standup tour & according to my daughter he is also dating Phoebe Bridges. Oh wait, that last part is Bo Burnham, not Charleston’s Ben Burham. Preseason First Team Ante Brzovic & Preseason Second Team Reyne Smith are both tied at just over 11 points per game. Croatia native Brzonic is a big body downlow, at 6’10, is leading the team in rebounds at over 6 per game. Leading the point is Lafayette transfer CJ Fulton. He is the team’s main distributor with almost three and half assists per game. He is not much of a scorer so the Rams will have to play him as a pass first point guard. The Cougars best deep threats are Reyne Smith & Frankie Policelli. Policelli, whose name couldn’t sound more Italian, may be familiar with some Ram fans as he started his college career at Dayton. And one final stat that will come surprising to absolutely no one, Charleston shoots from the line almost 16% better than URI. Mind blown; I know.

As for the Rams, ummm…they are struggling. They can’t hit free throws, really struggle getting points off of turnovers & potentially don’t get enough three attempts per game. Charleston has played one less game than the Rams but have over 100 more three-point attempts. The Rams are shooting at a decent clip (35.2%) compared to Charleston (28.9%). These two teams last squared off in 2018 & the Rams really struggled from the floor. There may be some consistency in this game compared to the last game because Fatts shot 0-10 from three, which will probably be Foumena & Brown’s combined stat line from the charity stripe on Sunday. Since we just honored the Tyson, Cat, & ARD, I remember sitting in the student section at the Providence Civic Center in the second round of the NIT tournament in March of 1995. It was the first time Charleston & Rhody played each other, and that game was a thriller, with URI winning in overtime. That was the start of something special in Kingston.

As for Sunday’s game, I hope Rhody can pull of the upset win at Charleston, but I don’t see how it will happen with the way this team is currently playing. Even with the Cougars struggling so far, they are undefeated at home, albeit they’ve had just one home game. All their losses have either been at neutral sites or on the road against a ranked FAU team. Some potential good news is that since this game is on FloHoops, so only about 29 people will get to watch how bad Rhody has been playing as of late. My prediction, Charleston 73 – URI 65. Go Rhody!!

Opponent
Record:
4-4, 0-0 in the CAA
31-4, 16-2 in the CAA (Last Season)

Rankings (URI):
NCAA NET: 131 (240)
RPI: 59 (205)
KenPom: 131 (190)
BPI: 111 (254)
Sagarin: 69 (229)*
Barttovik: 90 (167)
*Denotes Last Season Rankings

Leaders:
Points – Ben Burnham 11.6 (Jr., F)
Rebounds – Ante Brzovic 6.1 (Jr., F)
Assists – CJ Fulton 3.4 (Jr., G) (1.3 TO per game)

Historical
Series: 3-1
H: 2-0, A: 0-1, N: 1-0
Most Recent Matchup: 11/13/18 66-55 L at Charleston
Most Recent Win Streak: 1 - Charleston
Match-up Predictor: 13.9% Chance of URI Winning
Last edited by spookydog 4 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
5 x
If there's a God, he is laughing at us
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Re: 12/10 | Charleston | 2:00PM (FloHoops)

Unread post by Dino611 »

I hope there is a free trial on flo hoops…
1 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

spookydog wrote: 4 months ago
University of Rhode Island vs College of Charleston
TD Arena, Charleston, SC
Saturday, December 10, 2023
2:00PM

Media
TV: N/A
Online: FloHoops
Radio: Tune In Radio
App: Varsity Network
Live Stats: Stat Broadcast

Previews
College of Charleston Fan Forum

After losing back-to-back games in the state of Rhode Island, the Rams hope leaving this state will help turn their fortunes around. Rhody now heads to the College of Charleston for an afternoon tilt in South Carolina this coming Saturday. The Cougars have struggled so far this season after having a stellar season last year, making the NCAA tournament. They already have as many losses this season than they did all of last year. Charlestown was picked as preseason favorites in the CAA with 10 of the possible 14 first place votes.

The Cougars have a very well-balanced scoring attack. They have seven players averaging between 11 & 7 points per game. Leading the team in scoring is junior forward Ben Burham with 11.6 points per game. How he finds time to practice considering his arduous standup tour & according to my daughter he is also dating Phoebe Bridges. Oh wait, that last part is Bo Burnham, not Charleston’s Ben Burham. Preseason First Team Ante Brzovic & Preseason Second Team Reyne Smith are both tied at just over 11 points per game. Croatia native Brzonic is a big body downlow, at 6’10, is leading the team in rebounds at over 6 per game. Leading the point is Lafayette transfer CJ Fulton. He is the team’s main distributor with almost three and half assists per game. He is not much of a scorer so the Rams will have to play him as a pass first point guard. The Cougars best deep threats are Reyne Smith & Frankie Policelli. Policelli, whose name couldn’t sound more Italian, may be familiar with some Ram fans as he started his college career at Dayton. And one final stat that will come surprising to absolutely no one, Charleston shoots from the line almost 16% better than URI. Mind blown; I know.

As for the Rams, ummm…they are struggling. They can’t hit free throws, really struggle getting points off of turnovers & potentially don’t get enough three attempts per game. Charleston has played one less game than the Rams but have over 100 more three-point attempts. The Rams are shooting at a decent clip (35.2%) compared to Charleston (28.9%). These two teams last squared off in 2018 & the Rams really struggled from the floor. There may be some consistency in this game compared to the last game because Fatts shot 0-10 from three, which will probably be Foumena & Brown’s combined stat line from the charity stripe on Saturday. Since we just honored the Tyson, Cat, & ARD, I remember sitting in the student section at the Providence Civic Center in the second round of the NIT tournament in March of 1995. It was the first time Charleston & Rhody played each other, and that game was a thriller, with URI winning in overtime. That was the start of something special in Kingston.

As for Saturday’s game, I hope Rhody can pull of the upset win at Charleston, but I don’t see how it will happen with the way this team is currently playing. Even with the Cougars struggling so far, they are undefeated at home, albeit they’ve had just one home game. All their losses have either been at neutral sites or on the road against a ranked FAU team. Some potential good news is that since this game is on FloHoops, so only about 29 people will get to watch how bad Rhody has been playing as of late. My prediction, Charleston 73 – URI 65. Go Rhody!!

Opponent
Record:
4-4, 0-0 in the CAA
31-4, 16-2 in the CAA (Last Season)

Rankings (URI):
NCAA NET: 131 (240)
RPI: 59 (205)
KenPom: 131 (190)
BPI: 111 (254)
Sagarin: 69 (229)*
Barttovik: 90 (167)
*Denotes Last Season Rankings

Leaders:
Points – Ben Burnham 11.6 (Jr., F)
Rebounds – Ante Brzovic 6.1 (Jr., F)
Assists – CJ Fulton 3.4 (Jr., G) (1.3 TO per game)

Historical
Series: 3-1
H: 2-0, A: 0-1, N: 1-0
Most Recent Matchup: 11/13/18 66-55 L at Charleston
Most Recent Win Streak: 1 - Charleston
Match-up Predictor: 13.9% Chance of URI Winning
Thank you for these notes. Just want to point out that Sagarin will not be doing rankings this season
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
spookydog
Tom Garrick

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 4 months ago Thank you for these notes. Just want to point out that Sagarin will not be doing rankings this season
Thank you. I will remove going forward. I was wondering if that was the case.
1 x
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

Dino611 wrote: 4 months ago I hope there is a free trial on flo hoops…
Definitely not paying any more to watch the Rams this season.

Not unless they refund my JWU tickets.
2 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

I believe Hurley staff recruited Policelli. That’s how long he’s been in school. Their big kid will be an issue for everyone but Bilau. He’s built like an ox and has some ball skills.

If we don’t show well I will be severely disappointed.
0 x
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

Btw this game is sunday
1 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

Team Rankings has; their #186, #14 A-10 (down 1) Rams with 24% chance to beat their #120 COC.
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
spookydog
Tom Garrick

rhodyrudder wrote: 4 months ago Btw this game is sunday
Whoops. I really need to look at a calendar better. I will adjust my writeup. Thanks.
Last night's game really knocked the wind out of me. ha
2 x
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Definitely not going to bother paying for that crap FloHoops product now. So at least I got that going for me I guess...
2 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

adam914 wrote: 4 months ago Definitely not going to bother paying for that crap FloHoops product now. So at least I got that going for me I guess...
At this point I'd rather just listen to the guys on the app.
4 x
Mobley was fouled.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Dino611 wrote: 4 months ago I hope there is a free trial on flo hoops…
Me too I don’t want to pay for Flo hoops but will be happy to watch a free stream

Someone please post a link as we get close to game time
1 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

Flo Hoops? All I thought of was Flo from Progressive.
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

No Weston this weekend. Hope everything with his family is ok.

0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Also, this is really not what you want to hear from your head coach...

0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

adam914 wrote: 4 months ago No Weston this weekend. Hope everything with his family is ok.

Very few of us know what is happening or what players are dealing with behind the scenes.

Praying everything works out for Weston and his family and he can get back to concentrating on school and basketball.
4 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

adam914 wrote: 4 months ago No Weston this weekend. Hope everything with his family is ok.

He posted something a week or so on Instagram about losing someone. Might be his little brother.
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

PeterRamTime wrote: 4 months ago

He posted something a week or so on Instagram about losing someone. Might be his little brother.
That’s right, PRT!

Good memory and thanks for the reminder. 👍🏼
0 x
Rhody_NYCT
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by Rhody_NYCT »

Thoughts and prayers are with Weston.
0 x
Rhody_NYCT
Jimmy Baron

I'm pretty sure we've had a game on Flo hoops each of the last several years. They didn't have a fee trial and I paid to watch. Not doing it this year. Not after that Brown game. It's not about the $, it's about the principle.
0 x
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

I could set up a stream through discord if there’s enough people who would be down for it
1 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Jdrums#3 wrote: 4 months ago

That’s right, PRT!

Good memory and thanks for the reminder. 👍🏼
Yeah I was surprised he played after that. I figured he would've sat the PC game.

Maybe they're having the funeral this weekend 😔 hate it for him.
2 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

When initially looking at the schedule, I immediately saw this as a loss at Charleston.
But after digging into it, I think we have a reasonable chance, even after losing to Brown at home.

This isn't the same Charleston team as last year, currently 4-4.
They did return a few solid players and added some decent newcomers, but also lost a couple of key pieces.
I am surprised that they don't have any players averaging over 27 minutes and 10 players earning double-digit minutes.
They have a fairly balanced scoring attack, but no player really standing out.

They do have the size to match-up against us, but they aren't a particularly good shooting team.
Charleston 39.4% FG to our 48.5% and only 29% 3PT compared to our 35%.
Unfortunately, we are in trouble if this game comes down to the free throw line, 73.5% FT to our terrible 58%.
Coming in we do have a slight rebounding edge over them, and we are more athletic.

They are coming off a loss at FAU, let's see how they respond against us.
More important will be Archie getting our team on track, hopefully they put that bad loss in the rear-view mirror and give a strong effort on Sunday.

I won't be able to watch the game because I will be in Queens seeing our women vs. St. John's.
Go Rhody, we need a good day.
Last edited by Jersey77 4 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
2 x
Rhody_NYCT
Jimmy Baron

Jersey77 wrote: 4 months ago When initially looking at the schedule, I immediately saw this as a loss at Charleston.
But after digging into it, I think we have a reasonable chance, even after losing to Brown at home.

They did return a few solid players and added some decent newcomers, but also lost a couple of key pieces.
I am surprised that they don't have any players averaging over 27 minutes and 10 players earning double-digit minutes.

They do have the size to match-up against us, but they aren't a particular good shooting team.
Unfortunately, we are in trouble if this game comes down to the free throw line, 73.5% FT to our terrible 58%.
Coming in we do have a slight rebounding edge over them, and we are more athletic.

More important will be Archie getting our team on track, hopefully they put that bad loss in the rear-view mirror and give a strong effort on Sunday.

I won't be able to watch the game because I will be in Queens seeing our women vs. St. John's.
Let's go Rhody women!
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Jersey77 wrote: 4 months ago When initially looking at the schedule, I immediately saw this as a loss at Charleston.

They do have the size to match-up against us, but they aren't a particularly good shooting team.

I figured this to be a close game and still think that
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

I think this game will tell us a lot about this team and our coach. All I'll say is I'm hearing rumblings that things aren't going well behind the scenes. This game either gets this team back to feeling confident and energized, or we could lose our next four games.. This is a must-win to me. And no when I say must win it doesn't mean I think we have a chance at a bid. I never thought that. It's a must-win to me because if we don't, I think we could have a repeat of last year, and that's going to kill any momentum for this program.

Start Cam. I understand his defense isn't where it needs to be yet, but let's see if this kid can provide a spark like he did against Northwestern. If he can drop 15 against a team like that, he can make a big impact against Charleston.
1 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

steveystuds06 wrote: 4 months ago I think this game will tell us a lot about this team and our coach. All I'll say is I'm hearing rumblings that things aren't going well behind the scenes. This game either gets this team back to feeling confident and energized, or we could lose our next four games.. This is a must-win to me. And no when I say must win it doesn't mean I think we have a chance at a bid. I never thought that. It's a must-win to me because if we don't, I think we could have a repeat of last year, and that's going to kill any momentum for this program.

Start Cam. I understand his defense isn't where it needs to be yet, but let's see if this kid can provide a spark like he did against Northwestern. If he can drop 15 against a team like that, he can make a big impact against Charleston.
Draw up plays to get Zek treys.
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

steveystuds06 wrote: 4 months ago I think this game will tell us a lot about this team and our coach. All I'll say is I'm hearing rumblings that things aren't going well behind the scenes. This game either gets this team back to feeling confident and energized, or we could lose our next four games.. This is a must-win to me. And no when I say must win it doesn't mean I think we have a chance at a bid. I never thought that. It's a must-win to me because if we don't, I think we could have a repeat of last year, and that's going to kill any momentum for this program.

What are players not believing in what Archie is selling? Guys checking out?
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

I'll just say I heard that a lot last year and was already hearing concerns about it again at Moehgun. But honestly, most coaches have players and parents who want more playing time or are unhappy with their roles. That's exactly why we see more transfers than ever.. Also, losing obviously makes things worse.
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

steveystuds06 wrote: 4 months ago

I'll just say I heard that a lot last year and was already hearing concerns about it again at Moehgun. But honestly, most coaches have players and parents who want more playing time or are unhappy with their roles. That's exactly why we see more transfers than ever.. Also, losing obviously makes things worse.
Sorry Steve, but that is not the case unless you evidence to the contrary. Transfers are happening because players can move immediately and play. The best player on a bad team will get offers at other schools. Also, NIL will entice really good players to another team.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

There will always be rumblings, players left out of the rotation and/or others not getting the minutes they feel they deserve.
Certain players getting frustrated and losing also doesn't help.
Right now, Archie needs to get some wins and the players need to regain their confidence.
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

theblueram wrote: 4 months ago

Sorry Steve, but that is not the case unless you evidence to the contrary. Transfers are happening because players can move immediately and play. The best player on a bad team will get offers at other schools. Also, NIL will entice really good players to another team.
There are plenty of reasons why people transfer, but there are players all around the country who are unhappy with their playing time. In every sport at every level. I have never coached a team where I didn't have parents come up to me after practice or games complaining about their kid's role. That doesn't stop at college.
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

It’s both.

NIL and playing time both play a role in transferring.
0 x
Go Rhody
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Rhody15 wrote: 4 months ago

It’s both.

NIL and playing time both play a role in transferring.
Also immediate playing time is big.
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Fwiw, I think it is easy for players to check out with the way the sport is regulated today in the context of the portal, NIL, transfer rules, left over COVID eligibility, realignment, etc (feel free to insert anything else here). Not much stability in the sport so why should players care rather than watch out for themselves (and their families).

Add in that coaches have proven to be disloyal by leaving jobs while players couldn’t and had to sit out to transfer and you have a convergence of self interests, greed and selfishness (among players, coaches, programs, conferences, the P2, the NCAA, betting interests) causing care less attitudes among players for where they play.

I am disgusted with all of it regardless of whether I am making sense or not. I’d rather just sit around watching old vids of our past great teams, great moments, players and coaches than concern myself with the crap show college basketball is becoming.

Maybe it has always been this way but I ignored it because I had confidence we - as a program - would bounce back and compete at the highest level of college basketball periodically. That confidence has dissipated significantly as I don’t know where we are going anymore as a program.

I hope I am wrong but what was most troubling to me about the Brown game was that I sensed resignation from our players and coach.

Sorry for the crap post. Hope we win tomorrow and get back on track or at least display some friggin’ effort and show they care.

Carry on.
5 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

A lot of players from the AAU culture don't like playing for hard ass college coaches, especially if things aren't working and players start tuning out the coach.
1 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Billyboy78 wrote: 4 months ago A lot of players from the AAU culture don't like playing for hard ass college coaches, especially if things aren't working and players start tuning out the coach.
Probably correct, 78. I don’t know for myself as I have never spent time around AAU programs. My only knowledge of AAU programs comes through second hand and third hand sources that have stated similar to what you posted.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Stevey,
Minutes from Cam last 5 games have dropped with each game from 28, 18, 11, 9 and 7
28 minutes was Estevez’ high for the year vs Northwestern and he scored 15 points

His last 2 games with PC and Brown Cam has looked tentative and has had 3 turnovers in just 16 minutes. In other games he has played with confidence.

In starting Cam who would you sit? Who would your starters be?
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I doubt Arch is going to start Cam anytime soon though I would like to see him get 15-20 minutes or more to see what he can do
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

It's a shame what is going on here. When EC and Hass were freshman, about this time we were imploring Dan to start them. He did, and we were much better off. Either the freshman aren't good players, which falls on the coach, or he thinks losing to Brown is ok. Either way, this is not going as I expected.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

theblueram wrote: 4 months ago It's a shame what is going on here. When EC and Hass were freshman, about this time we were imploring Dan to start them. He did, and we were much better off. Either the freshman aren't good players, which falls on the coach, or he thinks losing to Brown is ok. Either way, this is not going as I expected.
Agree blueram , this Brown loss better be a big big wake-up call !
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

reef wrote: 4 months ago I doubt Arch is going to start Cam anytime soon though I would like to see him get 15-20 minutes or more to see what he can do
Would you start him Reef?

Stevey is saying start Cam. He is not implying he will.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

ramster wrote: 4 months ago
reef wrote: 4 months ago I doubt Arch is going to start Cam anytime soon though I would like to see him get 15-20 minutes or more to see what he can do
Would you start him Reef?

Stevey is saying start Cam. He is not implying he will.
I would start him. If he is going to be a star for us, then he needs to start now and step up. If Archie doesn't think so, then why the hell did he give him a scholarship? Cause what's been thrown out on the court isn't working at all.
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Stevey,
Minutes from Cam last 5 games have dropped with each game from 28, 18, 11, 9 and 7
28 minutes was Estevez’ high for the year vs Northwestern and he scored 15 points

His last 2 games with PC and Brown Cam has looked tentative and has had 3 turnovers in just 16 minutes. In other games he has played with confidence.

I doubt Cam stands much of a chance to start. But he doesn't need to be getting under 10 minutes, either...It's tough for a player when one or two mistakes means you're likely out. If Archie allows Cam to work through those learning moments, I believe we'll witness some impressive performances from him. Besides, he's got the potential to catch fire from beyond the arc.

I'd go Luis, Cam, House, Zek, Bilau. If Bilau can't start, then I'd put Fuchs in there. Although Foumena runs the floor better than all our bigs, he may be better for offensive purposes. For a solid defensive anchor, Brown's your guy. The specific big doesn't matter as much to me as having the other four in the starting lineup..

My thought process is we need this team to get some easy baskets and we need to have more ball pressure on the defensive end. Instead of constantly trying to run through screens, I would switch everything. Or I'd try a zone. I think Charleston shoots 28% from 3. If they shoot like they normally do, and if we rebound well, and that's a big IF, we can play more up-tempo, hopefully leading to easier baskets and possibly more open 3-point shots. Which would be great if you have guys like Zek and Cam open from deep.

I don't want to go into this game with no changes. I'm not saying they abandon everything they have practiced; I'm just hoping Archie sprinkled in some new ideas since his worst loss as the head coach of our program.

We'll see!!
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

steveystuds06 wrote: 4 months ago All I'll say is I'm hearing rumblings that things aren't going well behind the scenes.
I don't think you even need behind the scenes rumblings at this point honestly. Archie is basically saying it pretty openly in his press conferences.
2 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Stevey,

I doubt Cam stands much of a chance to start. But he doesn't need to be getting under 10 minutes, either...It's tough for a player when one or two mistakes means you're likely out. If Archie allows Cam to work through those learning moments, I believe we'll witness some impressive performances from him. Besides, he's got the potential to catch fire from beyond the arc.

I'd go Luis, Cam, House, Zek, Bilau. If Bilau can't start, then I'd put Fuchs in there. Although Foumena runs the floor better than all our bigs, he may be better for offensive purposes. For a solid defensive anchor, Brown's your guy. The specific big doesn't matter as much to me as having the other four in the starting lineup..

My thought process is we need this team to get some easy baskets and we need to have more ball pressure on the defensive end. Instead of constantly trying to run through screens, I would switch everything. Or I'd try a zone. I think Charleston shoots 28% from 3. If they shoot like they normally do, and if we rebound well, and that's a big IF, we can play more up-tempo, hopefully leading to easier baskets and possibly more open 3-point shots. Which would be great if you have guys like Zek and Cam open from deep.

I don't want to go into this game with no changes. I'm not saying they abandon everything they have practiced; I'm just hoping Archie sprinkled in some new ideas since his worst loss as the head coach of our program.

We'll see!!
Steve we are 4-4 against D1 teams. And our schedule is a disaster from SOS. We are NET 240. This team is basically a disaster.
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Stevey,

We'll see!!
Steve we are 4-4 against D1 teams. And our schedule is a disaster from SOS. We are NET 240. This team is basically a disaster.
Things are troubling right now, and that's why I'm suggesting some changes should be made. I wouldn't call it a disaster yet. We have one horrible loss. If that continues to happen and we finish at the bottom of the A10, that's a disaster. Many teams have a bad loss on their resume, so we must get back on track tomorrow.
Last edited by steveystuds06 4 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Stevey,

We'll see!!
Do you think Cam can play Point Guard on this team?
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Stevey,

We'll see!!
Do you think Cam can play Point Guard on this team?
In small doses, sure, but I don't think he's ready to be a starting point guard at the D1 level. I think he's best off the ball for now.
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
theblueram
Frank Keaney

We'll see!!
Things are troubling right now, and that's why I'm suggesting some changes should be made. I wouldn't call it a disaster yet. We have one horrible loss. If that continues to happen and we finish at the bottom of the A10, that's a disaster. Many teams have a bad loss on their resume, so we must get back on track tomorrow.
Get back on track? To what? We finish 8th in a one bid A10 league? Or even fifth or fourth? This team has some serious issues that need to be fixed. I expect at large bids, not a good seed in an A10 tournament to get the only bid in the conference.
0 x