12/3 | Princeton | 1:00 pm (ESPN+)

Discuss everything related to the women's team.
PeteRI
Sly Williams

12/3 | Princeton | 1:00 pm (ESPN+)

Unread post by PeteRI »

Since there was no pregame post this morning for today's home game against Princeton you give me no choice but to submit my very first entry. You have been warned. ;)

Coming back to Kingston after a successful Las Vegas tournament hopes were high that our Lady Rams would continue their winning ways. But Quinnipiacxzyknnt had other plans and pulled off a buzzer beater win while their two best players had fouled out for the last five minutes of the game. A combination of atrocious 3-point and foul shooting and porous defense contributed to the defeat. And as I posted elsewhere Tammi's insistence on keeping the two freshmen Eva and Katie on the bench instead of giving them the chance to prove their high school scoring prowess transfers to the college game remains a problem.

Now #25 Princeton comes to town for a critical game. They have 2 outstanding guards in Kaitlyn Chen (17.6 ppg) and Skye Belker (11.1 ppg). 6'1" Ellie Mitchell averages 12.1 rebounds a game, good for 4th in the country. They boast signature wins against #22 Oklahoma and lost by only 3 points against #3 UCLA. And they hit a last-second shot to beat us 56-54 last year.

Maye and Tenin have to bring their best offensive game, our guards must shoot better and we need a return to relentless defense to have any chance of winning today. Go Lady Rams!
4 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Re: 12/3 | Princeton | 1:00 pm (ESPN+)

Unread post by Jersey77 »

PeteRI wrote: 4 months ago Since there was no pregame post this morning for today's home game against Princeton you give me no choice but to submit my very first entry. You have been warned. ;)

Coming back to Kingston after a successful Las Vegas tournament hopes were high that our Lady Rams would continue their winning ways. But Quinnipiacxzyknnt had other plans and pulled off a buzzer beater win while their two best players had fouled out for the last five minutes of the game. A combination of atrocious 3-point and foul shooting and porous defense contributed to the defeat. And as I posted elsewhere Tammi's insistence on keeping the two freshmen Eva and Katie on the bench instead of giving them the chance to prove their high school scoring prowess transfers to the college game remains a problem.

Now #25 Princeton comes to town for a critical game. They have 2 outstanding guards in Kaitlyn Chen (17.6 ppg) and Skye Belker (11.1 ppg). 6'1" Ellie Mitchell averages 12.1 rebounds a game, good for 4th in the country. They boast signature wins against #22 Oklahoma and lost by only 3 points against #3 UCLA. And they hit a last-second shot to beat us 56-54 last year.

Maye and Tenin have to bring their best offensive game, our guards must shoot better and we need a return to relentless defense to have any chance of winning today. Go Lady Rams!
Thanks Pete.
In addition to Chen the 2023 IVY-POY and freshman sensation Belker, they return soph. Madison St. Rose 2023 IVY-ROY averaging 16 pts.
This Princeton team is loaded and will probably be the best team we face at the RC.
3 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

51-50 Princeton at 4:41
1 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

56-56 @ 1:40
1 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

Heck of a game right now! Tied 56-56 with 47 seconds.
1 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Sophie P with 2 free throws. 60-56 Rhody @17.5 seconds
2 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

60-58 with 2.2 seconds left and Rhody inbounding.
2 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Foul on Tenin with 2.2 seconds left!
1 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Princeton inbounds with 0.3 left on the clock. Rhody 60-58.
1 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

60-58 RHODY!!!
4 x
rjv
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by rjv »

That is how you win games against ranked teams!!!!!
You go out and beat them. PERIOD!!!!!!
Not the token...... "they played a good game". NO
YOU WIN!!!!!!!!
3 x
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodysurf »

Great rebound
1 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Refs did everything they could to give the game to Princeton but our Ladies weren't having it. Tremendous game for Dee Dee, whose offense was instrumental in the win.
3 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

So sorry I had to miss this one, had some family commitments, but I'm going to go back and watch the entire game beginning to end in a moment. Sounds phenomenal.

(hopefully the good luck charm isn't me missing the game, because I really like watching this team)

Kudos to Tammi to get a team that was not playing like a team, to play like a team in their biggest win this year to date. Dee Dee Davis had a breakout game it looks like.
3 x
Spook5365
Marc Upshaw

Unread post by Spook5365 »

PeteRI wrote: 4 months ago Refs did everything they could to give the game to Princeton but our Ladies weren't having it. Tremendous game for Dee Dee, whose offense was instrumental in the win.
I’m glad we won because it allows me without sour grapes to say that is the worst ref crew I have seen in my life. I’m 67. They should be pushed back down to junior high level. Multiple extremely late calls, changing each others calls, way too many trips to the review monitor and many outlandish calls both ways. An absolute disgrace.
1 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

watched the first half. Dee Dee Davis had a great 2nd quarter there.
1 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Massey Ratings had today as big of an upset as Quinnipiac beating us. If I had to pick one of the two to win I'd pick today.
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 4 months ago Massey Ratings had today as big of an upset as Quinnipiac beating us. If I had to pick one of the two to win I'd pick today.
I would also.
We now need to win our next 4 OOC games.
No more playing down to our opponent's level.
1 x
rjv
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by rjv »

There is not a greater feeling then to go on to ESPN NCAAW to check top 25 scores and see
FINAL SCORE
25 Princeton 58
Rhode Island 60
Great job Coach, Team and Coaching Staff!!!!!
3 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

I think Dee Dee scored 12 points in little more than a 2-minute stretch: 3. 3, 3-point play, and one more 3 for good measure. It was I N S A N E and the crowd went nuts :o
1 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

White board photo

407705777_740834014749508_4285084576158693571_n.jpg
2 x
JFrech21
Jeff Kent

Unread post by JFrech21 »

Spook5365 wrote: 4 months ago
PeteRI wrote: 4 months ago Refs did everything they could to give the game to Princeton but our Ladies weren't having it. Tremendous game for Dee Dee, whose offense was instrumental in the win.
I’m glad we won because it allows me without sour grapes to say that is the worst ref crew I have seen in my life. I’m 67. They should be pushed back down to junior high level. Multiple extremely late calls, changing each others calls, way too many trips to the review monitor and many outlandish calls both ways. An absolute disgrace.
One of the worst I've ever seen. I brought 3 of my young daughters to the game so I stayed pretty quiet. I did embarrass them 2 or 3 times by yelling at the refs. They must have called 6 or more illegal screens on us. So bad.
1 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

JFrech21 wrote: 4 months ago
Spook5365 wrote: 4 months ago
One of the worst I've ever seen. I brought 3 of my young daughters to the game so I stayed pretty quiet. I did embarrass them 2 or 3 times by yelling at the refs. They must have called 6 or more illegal screens on us. So bad.
I am most impressed about your statement "3 of my young daughters". God bless you, wait until they get a little older.
1 x