Archie Miller Coaches Shows

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
woodennickel1
ARD

Re: Archie Miller Coaches Shows

Unread post by woodennickel1 »

Jersey77 wrote: 4 months ago
woodennickel1 wrote: 4 months ago
RF1 wrote: 4 months ago Tough to compete in a system that is decidedly rigged to favor the CARTEL
Losers make excuses winners do something about it ! Do you think if Hurley was still here he would give in to that line of thinking ? I don't.
Nah, he just took the $, traded up and now is a member of the P6.
Great for him, don't blame him and it worked out great.
Happy for Dan, always liked him.

Let's face it the system is rigged, just look at what the NCAA did to the NIT.
2 teams from each of those conference (12 teams) get auto bids regardless of whether they are deserving and on top of that are guaranteed the home court in the first round.
That is blatantly unfair.
The Nit was only good if you had a young team where you knew you had pretty much every player coming back. with nil and the transfer portal i can see the nit becoming irrelevant. Not saying it does not favor the big conferences but it still comes down to winning games especially out of conference. The A10 actually did a better job of that this year which is why they may be getting multiple bids.
0 x
rjv
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by rjv »

From Dana O'neil article
In September, The Messenger reported that Fox was negotiating a new postseason tournament to be played in Las Vegas involving teams strictly from the Power 6 conferences (ACC, Big Ten, Big 12, Big East, SEC and Pac-12). The catch in that proposal: The top two teams from each league that do not make the NCAA Tournament would be required to play in the Fox deal. That would leave the NIT picking over the carcass of what is left behind; by last year’s standards, for example, the NIT could have chosen from Vanderbilt, Ole Miss, LSU and South Carolina in the SEC, or St. John’s, Butler and DePaul in the Big East.
1 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

Losers make excuses winners do something about it ! Do you think if Hurley was still here he would give in to that line of thinking ? I don't.

2 teams from each of those conference (12 teams) get auto bids regardless of whether they are deserving and on top of that are guaranteed the home court in the first round.
The Nit was only good if you had a young team where you knew you had pretty much every player coming back. with nil and the transfer portal i can see the nit becoming irrelevant. Not saying it does not favor the big conferences but it still comes down to winning games especially out of conference. The A10 actually did a better job of that this year which is why they may be getting multiple bids.
I did add to and edited my original post above.

I think the A10 is better and much more competitive now top to bottom, than previously.
But that may not actually result in more bids.
As I said we still need to win the games, but there aren't as many opportunities and scheduling has become more difficult.
Also $ had become more of a factor and it is harder for us to maintain quality depth, especially hurts when key players go down.
0 x
woodennickel1
ARD

rjv wrote: 4 months ago From Dana O'neil article
In September, The Messenger reported that Fox was negotiating a new postseason tournament to be played in Las Vegas involving teams strictly from the Power 6 conferences (ACC, Big Ten, Big 12, Big East, SEC and Pac-12). The catch in that proposal: The top two teams from each league that do not make the NCAA Tournament would be required to play in the Fox deal. That would leave the NIT picking over the carcass of what is left behind; by last year’s standards, for example, the NIT could have chosen from Vanderbilt, Ole Miss, LSU and South Carolina in the SEC, or St. John’s, Butler and DePaul in the Big East.
I will have to see what happens with this but I know most of my focus is on the ncaa tournament and if my team does not make that it's a huge let down. Usually I just can't get into the nit unless my team were to make it past the 1st couple rounds and the disappointment of not making the ncaa has worn off.
0 x
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by KeaneyBluBallz »

I will have to see what happens with this but I know most of my focus is on the ncaa tournament and if my team does not make that it's a huge let down. Usually I just can't get into the nit unless my team were to make it past the 1st couple rounds and the disappointment of not making the ncaa has worn off.
aint nothing wrong with 69
0 x
:lol:
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

That really doesn't sound that bad for the nit?
0 x
woodennickel1
ARD

I did add to and edited my original post above.

I think the A10 is better and much more competitive now top to bottom, than previously.
But that may not actually result in more bids.
As I said we still need to win the games, but there aren't as many opportunities and scheduling has become more difficult.
Also $ had become more of a factor and it is harder for us to maintain quality depth, especially hurts when key players go down.
Opportunities and scheduling will become even tougher going forward I fear. Even for the Big East such as the big ten pulling out of the Big East /Big ten challenge. Dont think for a second the football schools are ok with the Villanovas and uconns winning national championships. They will try and squeeze the non football schools out wait and see.
0 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

Agree. Way back, the year before UConn started their "dynasty" of Natty's, they won the NIT. Growing up in the area and having direct connections with the campus (mom worked there for 25 years, I worked there summers in high school) it was electric when they won the NIT. You could feel it coming. I know we have a lot of UConn haters here but the program back then was a true grass-roots success story. It was fun to be around it then.
0 x
Mobley was fouled.
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Grass-roots success story? UConn was pumped to the gills with Big East cash and Jim Calhoun didn't care that half his players couldn't read. You and I have different ideas about what a college grass-roots success story looks like
1 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by KeaneyBluBallz »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 4 months ago Grass-roots success story? UConn was pumped to the gills with Big East cash and Jim Calhoun didn't care that half his players couldn't read. You and I have different ideas about what a college grass-roots success story looks like
i dont care if half our guys can't read. we're not Princeton.

just win, baby!
2 x
:lol:
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

In the past the NIT could be a spring board for future success especially in a rebuild process. It was good for URI in 1987 (sweet 16 the following year), 1992 NIT Final 8 I believe (NCAA the following year) 1996 (3 Straight NCAAs after that including that Elite 8 run in 98). Unfortunately, NIT Jim Baron couldn't make the jump with Rhody, but he got them to the NIT Final Four in 2010. And of course DH in 2015 in year 3 of a rebuild...of course in any year, I certainly would rather be in the NCAA than the NIT, it can (or at least prior to some changes - we'll see), it can be the start of an exciting time.
2 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 4 months ago Grass-roots success story? UConn was pumped to the gills with Big East cash and Jim Calhoun didn't care that half his players couldn't read. You and I have different ideas about what a college grass-roots success story looks like
UConn was literally a farm/ag school, much like URI. Zero sports notoriety. Basketball put them on the map. Who cares if the players could/can read, can they win? Yes they were part of the BE, but they found the right coach at the right time and figured out how to build a consistently winning program from basically nothing. Would sure like to see that here.
1 x
Mobley was fouled.
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

So does that ruling mean that we will never be able to hold on to any player ever again because they will all immediately be eligible to play at any “school.”

Like they can transfer at halftime, or in the middle of a play?
Whenever?

So seriously, we will never ever ever see any player at the same place for four years?

And this is progress.

And we can’t beat brown.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

rhodyrudder wrote: 4 months ago So does that ruling mean that we will never be able to hold on to any player ever again because they will all immediately be eligible to play at any “school.”

Like they can transfer at halftime, or in the middle of a play?
Whenever?

So seriously, we will never ever ever see any player at the same place for four years?

And this is progress.

And we can’t beat brown.
I'm just waiting til there's trades (which is why you're going to need a strong gm)
I mean there's already a salary cap/floor imminent, right?
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

RF1 wrote: 4 months ago Tough to compete in a system that is decidedly rigged to favor the CARTEL

This isn't to say that we and programs similar to ours are off the hook.
We still need to win the games when presented with the opportunities.

But let's face it with rule changes, NIL, power-conference expansion (limited scheduling opportunities), it doesn't make things easier for the mid-majors.
He didn't take the $. He took the opportunity to go to a place where he didn't have to beg plead claw and bargain to get basic things given to his program that had become an economic engine for our school.

UConn has things in place that just let him coach basketball. And that is when they were in the AAC.

It took URI 6 years to make due on SOME of the things they promised Hurley they would do when he was here.

We repeatedly do this to ourselves. We under-support our coaches and then subsequently over-react when they're not achieving things. If we want what the "Cartel" has...then we just need to invest like they do.

The conference isn't going to save us. The battle axe's touted TV contract is still second tier. It's on URI.

We're finally starting to invest, but it needs to be sustained.
4 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Blue Man wrote: 4 months ago

This isn't to say that we and programs similar to ours are off the hook.
We still need to win the games when presented with the opportunities.

But let's face it with rule changes, NIL, power-conference expansion (limited scheduling opportunities), it doesn't make things easier for the mid-majors.
He didn't take the $. He took the opportunity to go to a place where he didn't have to beg plead claw and bargain to get basic things given to his program that had become an economic engine for our school.

UConn has things in place that just let him coach basketball. And that is when they were in the AAC.

It took URI 6 years to make due on SOME of the things they promised Hurley they would do when he was here.

We repeatedly do this to ourselves. We under-support our coaches and then subsequently over-react when they're not achieving things. If we want what the "Cartel" has...then we just need to invest like they do.

The conference isn't going to save us. The battle axe's touted TV contract is still second tier. It's on URI.

We're finally starting to invest, but it needs to be sustained.
He did take the $, I don’t think he gave it back. It was a nice raise, but more important like I said it was a substantial trade-up. He went to a program with a successful history and gave him the opportunity to win a Natty, which he did. Actually it was just my way of responding to the previous post.
1 x
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

Anyone know where the show is tomorrow?
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Dan's Place
1 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

LoveThoseRams wrote: 3 months ago Anyone know where the show is tomorrow?
THE ARCHIE MILLER COACHES SHOW PRESENTED BY BUD LIGHT

Wednesday, November 29th at The Mews Tavern
Wednesday, December 13th at The Mews Tavern
Thursday, January 11th at Dan's Place
Monday, January 22nd at George's of Galilee
Thursday, February 15th at The Mews Tavern

Each show will start at 7 pm

Tammi Reiss Coaches Show Header
TAMMI REISS COACHES SHOW PRESENTED BY PEOPLES CREDIT UNION

Thursday, January 4th at The General Stanton Inn
Thursday, January 18th at The Mews Tavern
Thursday, February 8th at Pasquale's Pizzeria
Thursday, February 29th at The Mews Tavern

Each show will start at 6 pm

https://gorhody.com/sports/2022/10/24/coaches-show.aspx
3 x
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

Thanks guys.
This is our LEAST favorite venue for Coaches Shows. They don’t reserve seats for the show, put people in different dining rooms than where the show is being broadcasted, acoustics are crappy.
Last year we went more than an hour early and there were several people waiting for tables. Put us in a different dining room without a view of the show area.
Frankly, I don’t want to eat crappy food in a place in West Greenwich, without seeing or hearing the show, when I can be home eating delicious food and listening to the show on the ap.

RANT OVER!
3 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Last scheduled show of the season........

This Thursday, February 15th at The Mews Tavern 7pm

0 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

ramster wrote: 2 months ago Last scheduled show of the season........

Really? There's a full month left!
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

steviep123 wrote: 2 months ago

Really? There's a full month left!
Yep
IMG_2238.jpeg
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

My guess is these will be an end of year wrap up show somewhere.
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Hopefully Archie will give us an update on Green's status regarding his knee injury.
2 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Jersey77 wrote: 2 months ago

Hopefully Archie will give us an update on Green's status regarding his knee injury.
Yeah, that didn't look good. Non-contact injury and almost immediately ruled out for the rest of the game. Hopefully it's minor.
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 months ago

Yeah, that didn't look good. Non-contact injury and almost immediately ruled out for the rest of the game. Hopefully it's minor.
It would be nice to not have the worst injury/eligibility/availability luck ever.

Bilau hurt at the beginning of the season. Reinjured
DG not eligible, eligible, illness and now knee
Kortright knee
Weston, family tragedy, hurt hand
Always foot
Fuchs concussion
Zek shoulder

Am I missing anything?
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

PeterRamTime wrote: 2 months ago

It would be nice to not have the worst injury/eligibility/availability luck ever.

Kortright knee
Always foot
Fuchs concussion
Zek shoulder

Am I missing anything?
I... don't really think it's that bad? I mean, we're less than a decade removed from a truly bad injury that sunk our god damn season on game one. Bilau's injury sucks, but it was hardly surprising, and the same with Green being ineligible for half the season. The rest of the stuff is "miss one to four game" sort of stuff that every team is going to deal with in the course of a season.
2 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Kortright knee
Always foot
Fuchs concussion
Zek shoulder

Am I missing anything?
Seems like a typical season to me, almost every team in the A10 had its share of injuries and players banged up.
Our luck is no worse than most teams.

That is why having depth is crucial and the need to fill all the scholarships.
3 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Kortright knee
Always foot
Fuchs concussion
Zek shoulder

Am I missing anything?
Worst luck ever?

This is pretty much the norm for injuries throughout an entire season.

Nothing really that crazy or out of the ordinary.
0 x
Go Rhody
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Rhody15 wrote: 2 months ago

Kortright knee
Always foot
Fuchs concussion
Zek shoulder

Am I missing anything?
Worst luck ever?

Lol of course you say that 😂 I was obviously speaking in hyperbole about it being thr worst ever

Name the seasons in Rhody history where we had a worse two year stretch with injuries and players being eligible. I'll wait.

Maybe 2004-05? When Dawan and Jamal got hurt and some others?

This year is not par for the course with injuries. You are just disagreeing to disagree.
1 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Kortright knee
Always foot
Fuchs concussion
Zek shoulder

Am I missing anything?
Seems like a typical season to me, almost every team in the A10 had its share of injuries and players banged up.

Um yes it is. I'm counting eligibility issues too. You guys 100% don't follow any other programs.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Kortright knee
Always foot
Fuchs concussion
Zek shoulder

Am I missing anything?
Worst luck ever?

Lol of course you say that 😂 I was obviously speaking in hyperbole about it being thr worst ever

Name the seasons in Rhody history where we had a worse two year stretch with injuries and players being eligible. I'll wait.

This year is not par for the course with injuries. You are just disagreeing to disagree.
Bilau hasn’t been healthy his entire college career, don’t think anyone expected him to play the entire season.

We actually got lucky with Green, he wasn’t expected to play with us this season. Was a pleasant surprise to all that 2X transfers became eligible.

He then missed one game because he got sick, TBD on his knee.

Zek - 1 game

Always - 3 games

Fuchs - 3 games

Weston - 3 games

Kortright has played every single game, can’t really bring up his knee when he hasn’t missed a game.

That really isn’t a crazy amount of games missed.
0 x
Go Rhody
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Kortright knee
Always foot
Fuchs concussion
Zek shoulder

Am I missing anything?
I really don't view our injuries to be that bad, honestly. Green not being eligible is the worst part. But I hope we don't use injuries as an excuse after this season is over. This team has been healthy and talented enough to beat the likes of UNH, Brown, Duquense, Fordham, etc.

I don't know any teams in the country that don't have players banged up or playing hurt like Kortright and Zek. PC lost one of the best players in the entire country and is still competing and beating Big East teams.
2 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Kortright knee
Always foot
Fuchs concussion
Zek shoulder

Am I missing anything?

Um yes it is. I'm counting eligibility issues too. You guys 100% don't follow any other programs.
Actually PRT, having Green available at all was a plus/bonus, I never thought he would be eligible this season.

Dayton did a great job recovering after pre-season All-Conference PG Malachi Smith was lost for the season after just 7 minutes into the 1st game.
1 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

steveystuds06 wrote: 2 months ago

Kortright knee
Always foot
Fuchs concussion
Zek shoulder

Am I missing anything?
I really don't view our injuries to be that bad, honestly. Green not being eligible is the worst part. But I hope we don't use injuries as an excuse after this season is over. This team has been healthy and talented enough to beat the likes of UNH, Brown, Duquense, Fordham, etc.

I don't know any teams in the country that don't have players banged up or playing hurt like Kortright and Zek. PC lost one of the best players in the entire country and is still competing and beating Big East teams.
Yeah im counting David Green's eligibility.

It's not normal to have your best player not play for half the year, have an illness, a banged up knee, plus all the other stuff. I'm also combining it with last year. It's a very abnormal amount of player injuries and eligibility issues.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Kortright knee
Always foot
Fuchs concussion
Zek shoulder

Am I missing anything?

It's not normal to have your best player not play for half the year, have an illness, a banged up knee, plus all the other stuff. I'm also combining it with last year. It's a very abnormal amount of player injuries and eligibility issues.
You do realize that when they brought Green in, his eligibility this season was a major question mark, especially with the multi-transfer rule in January of '23.
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

You do realize that when they brought Green in, his eligibility this season was a major question mark, especially with the multi-transfer rule in January of 23.
He doesn’t realize much so I doubt he realizes this.
0 x
Go Rhody
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Kortright knee
Always foot
Fuchs concussion
Zek shoulder

Am I missing anything?
I had a pretty good cold going a few weeks ago, but I didn't miss any games or anything
3 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 2 months ago

Kortright knee
Always foot
Fuchs concussion
Zek shoulder

Am I missing anything?
I had a pretty good cold going a few weeks ago, but I didn't miss any games or anything
That made me :D , funny NYG.
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Kortright knee
Always foot
Fuchs concussion
Zek shoulder

Am I missing anything?
Worst luck ever?

If you're talking about total impact of injury on a single season, does anything approach EC's? For my $, that was worst luck ever. Nothing that bad has happened here this year imo
3 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Cat Mobley getting hurt in the 2nd game of the season and missing the entire year wasn't great.
1 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Preston Murphy getting injured in 99 didn't help either.
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

I would say it’s been an above average amount of injuries.
0 x
GO RAMS
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

You do realize that when they brought Green in, his eligibility this season was a major question mark, especially with the multi-transfer rule in January of '23.
Still counts though, because they still felt like they had a good chance per Archie. Either way, it was still unfortunate for us that he wasn't ruled eligible when half of the other 2 time transfers were inexplicably ruled eligible.

The point is we haven't had a full roster healthy and eligible at any point in the last two seasons. Which makes the beginning of a rebuild that much harder, but yeah, guys sure! Not having your entire roster available one time in two seasons is totally normal😂
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Kortright knee
Always foot
Fuchs concussion
Zek shoulder

Am I missing anything?

Yes Stevey, PC lost Bryce Hopkins who was 1st team preseason Big East. Monumental, unexpected loss for PC. Also in June PC announced the loss Justyn Fernandez for the entire season. Fernandez transferred from George Mason. He had a severe knee injury. On September 13 the Providence Judge dismissed charges against Alyn Breed but Breed. Fernandez and Breed would have contended for starting guard roles this season. 3 guys lost permanently, not for just a game or 2 or 3. Yet still legitimately contending for a NCAA Bid. Other players step up and fill in the gaps.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Still counts though, because they still felt like they had a good chance per Archie. Either way, it was still unfortunate for us that he wasn't ruled eligible when half of the other 2 time transfers were inexplicably ruled eligible.

The point is we haven't had a full roster healthy and eligible at any point in the last two seasons. Which makes the beginning of a rebuild that much harder, but yeah, guys sure! Not having your entire roster available one time in two seasons is totally normal😂
At the start of the 2023 school year in September only 18% of 2 time transfers had been approved by the NCAA in all sports as per John Rothstein (see attached Sports Illustrated article. It was not half of 2 time transfers and it was not that all were inexplicably ruled eligible. Most in this 18% were among the easiest and quickest to approve.

The inconsistency of the NCAA in approving waivers that had been submitted for exceptions was what helped a handful of States to get lawyers and file against the NCAA. Joe Bamisile of VCU was one of the players who was scheduled to testify as his waiver was denied even though his father was in ill health and he was moving back home to Richmond after having been in Oklahoma.

So the NCAA inconsistent performance helped lead to the Restraining Order that was put into place for 2 weeks and then changed to all 2 time waiver requests were now eligible to play for this season. This was a big surprise as David Green was no longer expecting to play and had already departed practicing with the team for a month or more and was not in game playing condition.

You can look at David Green eligibility as URI got screwed by the NCAA or you could look at it as URI got a break from the NCAA being inconsistent with handling waivers, resulting in 6 states filing suit against the NCAA and the court issuing a TRO - Temporary Restraining Order that got extended.

David Green only played 6 games and started in 2 games for Louisiana Tech last season with the Wyoming Game being far and away his best of the 6 games. Green played his Last game came at UTEP (12/17) scoring 5 points in 10 minutes. He was dismissed from the team by the Head Coach and he entered the portal in January 2023.

URI was fortunate and benefitted from the Court Decision. Next season we don't even know if 2 time transfers will be auto approved. To be determined.

Fact is we have Green eligible and playing for the A10 Conference Games and he is eligible for the all important A10 Tournament which was the only opportunity for an NCAA Bid this season anyway. All is not lost until the Brooklyn Barclay Center Fat Lady sings.

https://www.si.com/college/2023/10/27/j ... -transfers

https://richmond.com/sports/college/bas ... 35507.html
Last edited by ramster 2 months ago, edited 2 times in total.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Here is a current injury/eligibility report for A10 Teams.

Always Wright Shoulder - 2/13/24 Questionable Wright has missed the previous two games with a shoulder injury, leaving his status against Loyola-Chicago on Sunday in question.

David Green Knee - 2/13/24 Questionable Green was lifted from the last match with a right knee injury, and it is unclear if he will suit up Sunday versus Loyola-Chicago.

Josaphat Bilau Knee - 1/18/24 Out Bilau is sidelined with a knee injury, and it remains to be seen when he will return to the lineup.

https://www.scacchoops.com/injuries.asp ... tlantic+10
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Regarding Green, Archie had said that bringing him in was worth the gamble even if he had to sit.
And as pointed out by Ramster, the majority of all the waivers submitted by multi=transfers were denied.
Actually, in the A10 Woody Newton (GM) was the only one to have his waiver approved because of his father's death.

PRT, it almost sounds like you are making excuses for the team's performance this season.
Like I said almost every team has had its share of bad luck this season, just look at the A10.

But aside from all that, I have seen enough from our team to have some optimism for next season.
This year, I didn't have high expectations or much hope anyway.
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Regarding Green, Archie had said that bringing him in was worth the gamble even if he had to sit.
And as pointed out by Ramster, the majority of all the waivers submitted by multi=transfers were denied.
Actually, in the A10 Woody Newton (GM) was the only one to have his waiver approved because of his father's death.

PRT, it almost sounds like you are making excuses for the team's performance this season.
Like I said almost every team has had its share of bad luck this season, just look at the A10.

But aside from all that, I have seen enough from our team to have some optimism for next season.
This year, I didn't have high expectations or much hope anyway.
Yup, all he's saying is "the refs sucks every game we lose and we're so hurt every year, every game."

Two of the laziest excuses you can have talking about our season.

The #1 reason we are where we are right now is because of our nonexistent defense.

Offense is fine.
2 x
Go Rhody