New Vice President for community, equity, and diversity

Off-Topic News, Music, TV, Movies, Tech, etc.
OBRAM
Art Stephenson

New Vice President for community, equity, and diversity

Unread post by OBRAM »

How much will this person's salary cost?
Wouldn't it be easier just to give out more scholarships?

https://www.uri.edu/news/2023/11/uri-na ... diversity/
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Re: New Vice President for community, equity, and diversity

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

This position is frivolous.
0 x
GO RAMS
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

"vice president for community, equity, and diversity" LOLZ... what about "belonging" and "inclusion"???

"Our strategic plan, developed together with broad community engagement, calls upon all of us to celebrate the uniqueness of our community members and foster a culture of valuing people, excellence, and giving back. "

So...the "plan" - that there is now a VP for - "calls upon us to celebrate". Got it.
'Cuz, y'know, you can't have proper celebratin' and fosterin' without a VP.

I wonder how she explains her job, "Hi, I'm the vice president of celebrating and fostering uniqueness of our community members"? I wonder how much that spot pays...
0 x
BleedBlue87
ARD

Unread post by BleedBlue87 »

I think one would hope it’s to help figure out and fix the reasons why black and African-American students routinely rate their comfortability on URI campus much lower than any other demographic according the the campus climate survey the University conducts. That would be a good start.
3 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

BleedBlue87 wrote: 5 months ago I think one would hope it’s to help figure out and fix the reasons why black and African-American students routinely rate their comfortability on URI campus much lower than any other demographic according the the campus climate survey the University conducts. That would be a good start.
So... she's in charge of comfortability. Glad that gap got filled
1 x
BleedBlue87
ARD

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 5 months ago
BleedBlue87 wrote: 5 months ago I think one would hope it’s to help figure out and fix the reasons why black and African-American students routinely rate their comfortability on URI campus much lower than any other demographic according the the campus climate survey the University conducts. That would be a good start.
I don’t know, maybe it’s just me, but I think an important part of recruiting might be making sure the campus is welcoming and that it feels like home. I would think some recruits might value that. Maybe you don’t.
2 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

BleedBlue87 wrote: 5 months ago
I don’t know, maybe it’s just me, but I think an important part of recruiting might be making sure the campus is welcoming and that it feels like home. I would think some recruits might value that. Maybe you don’t.
Overrated. There's no place like home...you can't just make someplace else feel like home...unless you bring everything and everyone from home to the new place. You adapt. Its not a university VP job. Jmo

ETA...and do you really think any of her focus, or her work is going to help sports?
0 x
BleedBlue87
ARD

Overrated. There's no place like home...you can't just make someplace else feel like home...unless you bring everything and everyone from home to the new place. You adapt. Its not a university VP job. Jmo

ETA...and do you really think any of her focus, or her work is going to help sports?
I don’t think you understand the concept, which honestly doesn’t surprise me with you. No point in even talking with you about it.
2 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

I don’t think you understand the concept, which honestly doesn’t surprise me with you. No point in even talking with you about it.
Yep, because I'm a nitwit and you're better than me. Got it.
0 x
BleedBlue87
ARD

It’s not that, I just think you don’t like to venture outside your worldview. You’ve been like that your entire time on this board. On sports, politics, it doesn’t matter. You believe what you believe and there isn’t any way around. You don’t talk with people, you talk at them.
5 x