11/14 | Wagner | 7:00PM (ESPN+)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
jcru
Sly Williams

Re: 11/14 | Wagner | 7:00PM (ESPN+)

Unread post by jcru »

rhodyram22 wrote: 5 months ago Honestly, it's a good thing that he's buried on the bench. Means our team is significantly better than last year's.
Oh, yeah, no doubt. I knew his starting days were over when they brought in all of those new players through the portal. That was the idea.
1 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Rhody15 wrote: 5 months ago
RhowdyRam02 wrote: 5 months ago

Should be $2 beers.

Or even $5 dollar beers.
That really would bring people in earlier. Doubt $2 hot dogs will bring extra people in early. At least it's trying something though
Rhowdy and I went at each other about something last week pretty hard, can't remember what.

Since then, we've have agreed/acknowledged on each others posts multiple times, and all seems well.

It's not hard to do.
If everyone is being honest with themselves, we've probably all violated rule #3, some more than others. I acknowledge I'm probably on the higher end myself, so that means I'm going to take some extra shots as well. Means sometimes you have to have thick skin to be able to move on, sometime you have to realize it's better to ignore because it's not like our opinions are really changing things in the places that matter
2 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

That really would bring people in earlier. Doubt $2 hot dogs will bring extra people in early. At least it's trying something though
Rhowdy and I went at each other about something last week pretty hard, can't remember what.

Since then, we've have agreed/acknowledged on each others posts multiple times, and all seems well.

It's not hard to do.
If everyone is being honest with themselves, we've probably all violated rule #3, some more than others. I acknowledge I'm probably on the higher end myself, so that means I'm going to take some extra shots as well. Means sometimes you have to have thick skin to be able to move on, sometime you have to realize it's better to ignore because it's not like our opinions are really changing things in the places that matter
Or if you give it you best be able to take it.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

Getting back to Wagner.
I think they may be one of those teams that are better than most predict, sounds familiar.
House vs Council should be fun to watch, even if they aren't matched up against each other.
Their frontcourt players of Kelton, Taylor, and Lewis should be a nice test for us.
What concerns me most is their defensive pressure and how we will handle it, hopefully well.
All in all, I expect us to come out on top in comfortable fashion.
2 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

Briefly on the topic of moderation - We give pretty wide latitude to all posters here when it comes to expressing their opinion on URI teams. We're not really going to play traffic cop when it comes to who's being sincere in their arguments, or administering purity tests about "true" fans. For example, I don't think we've ever pruned a post by 72, who at times seems to be intentionally going against the stream to illicit a reaction. If you find yourself constantly disagreeing with a poster, you should probably just put them on ignore. Ultimately, this is a discussion board, and the tone, positivity and negativity of posts tends to ebb and flow with the success (or lack of it) with the various URI teams and the players on those teams.
9 x
Shinze88
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Shinze88 »

Based on watching the 2nd half of the Fordham/Wagner game last week, I would guess that either Foumena, Fuchs or Brown will have a big night. They did not seem like a big team based on the lineups they had on the floor against FU. We should dominate the boards and work the inside/out game, it seems like its been forever that we've had capable scorers both in the paint and on the perimeter.
1 x
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by KingstonLane »

ramster wrote: 5 months ago
KingstonLane wrote: 5 months ago Hey guys and gals. It’s game day. More focus, less arguing. We actually have a decent team this year, there’s fun basketball to watch
Funny in the past I thought you could be Rhody15 on burner account. Asked Mods they said no - 2 different people. What seems to always happen when Rhody15 goes too far is people want to drop it. Never gets addressed.

It's too bad we have posters putting him on ignore but that's the only solution it appears or live with the trolling and antagonizing. Fun stuff.
Sorry to disappoint. 100% KingstonLane takes here. For better or worse
3 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

KingstonLane wrote: 5 months ago
ramster wrote: 5 months ago
KingstonLane wrote: 5 months ago Hey guys and gals. It’s game day. More focus, less arguing. We actually have a decent team this year, there’s fun basketball to watch
Funny in the past I thought you could be Rhody15 on burner account. Asked Mods they said no - 2 different people. What seems to always happen when Rhody15 goes too far is people want to drop it. Never gets addressed.

It's too bad we have posters putting him on ignore but that's the only solution it appears or live with the trolling and antagonizing. Fun stuff.
Sorry to disappoint. 100% KingstonLane takes here. For better or worse
Imagine getting your feelings hurt so much you go to the moderators asking if me and you are the same person hahaha, what a world.
2 x
Go Rhody
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

I'm hoping ball security and defensive rebounding improve tonight. Those have to have been big areas of focus for the staff. It all gets real this weekend so hoping Wagner gives us some pressure to deal with.
0 x
rhodyram22
ARD

Unread post by rhodyram22 »

Just curious, how many of you are going to Mohegan this weekend? I hope it's mostly URI fans lol
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

bigappleram wrote: 5 months ago I'm hoping ball security and defensive rebounding improve tonight. Those have to have been big areas of focus for the staff. It all gets real this weekend so hoping Wagner gives us some pressure to deal with.
Yes BAR, thinking the same thing, especially after hearing Archie's presser.
0 x
sevegny7
Art Stephenson

Unread post by sevegny7 »

rhodyram22 wrote: 5 months ago Just curious, how many of you are going to Mohegan this weekend? I hope it's mostly URI fans lol
I will be there. I am bringing 3 others with me. I am hoping it will be very well attended by URI fans.
1 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

sevegny7 wrote: 5 months ago
rhodyram22 wrote: 5 months ago Just curious, how many of you are going to Mohegan this weekend? I hope it's mostly URI fans lol
I will be there. I am bringing 3 others with me. I am hoping it will be very well attended by URI fans.
I will be there solo, wife staying home.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

bigappleram wrote: 5 months ago I'm hoping ball security and defensive rebounding improve tonight. Those have to have been big areas of focus for the staff. It all gets real this weekend so hoping Wagner gives us some pressure to deal with.
First 10 minutes last game were absolutely brutal to watch us trying to rebound on the defensive end.

That won't cut it at Mohegan, PC, Yale etc.
0 x
Go Rhody
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

It always seem to be mostly us when we play there.

Northwestern I would guess may have a good amount, no idea about Miss St.

Can't see too many people from Pullham Washington making the trip.

Although their flag always makes an appearance on College Gameday, so who knows.
1 x
Go Rhody
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Pretty sure me and the mrs are going. I believe my daughter and boyfriend are going as well.
2 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Rhody74 wrote: 5 months ago Meanwhile, what about Wagner?
KenPom gives the #188 Rams a 79% chance of beating #290 Wagner, with a predicted final of 73-64.

Massey Ratings gives the #140 Rams an 83% chance of beating #297 Wagner, with a predicted final of 70-60.

There are $2 hot dogs between 6-7 pm tonight. If we take care of business that might be the most intriguing portion of the evening
You want something intriguing? Try pronouncing the names of everything that goes into a 🌭
1 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

It looks like I'll be at the Sunday game
1 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

There are $2 hot dogs between 6-7 pm tonight. If we take care of business that might be the most intriguing portion of the evening
Gross.
0 x
Mobley was fouled.
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 5 months ago
KenPom gives the #188 Rams a 79% chance of beating #290 Wagner, with a predicted final of 73-64.

Massey Ratings gives the #140 Rams an 83% chance of beating #297 Wagner, with a predicted final of 70-60.

You want something intriguing? Try pronouncing the names of everything that goes into a 🌭
Lips and a$$holes?
2 x
Mobley was fouled.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

RI_Bred wrote: 5 months ago

Lips and a$$holes?
Those are the easy ones...keep going....
2 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

There are few northeast D1 programs that Rhody is winless all-time against. Let's hope Wagner is removed from that list tonight.
1 x
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

theblueram wrote: 5 months ago
jcru wrote: 5 months ago

Yeah, I'm not complaining, to the extent that, I'm still here after all these years.

But this is just a unique site, is all. Always has been.
This site is awesome JCRU. Ups and downs, drunken posts and rants as well. I'm guilty of both. But I've enjoyed it since the PROJO board. Good stuff!!!!
If you haven't woke up in the morning and wondered if/what you posted last night...you haven't lived :lol:
Yup. Logging in the next day and see the red circle over the notifications button and not having a clue what you said is quite the rush.
2 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Mystery
Meat

🌭
0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

Jersey77 wrote: 5 months ago Getting back to Wagner.
I think they may be one of those teams that are better than most predict, sounds familiar.
House vs Council should be fun to watch, even if they aren't matched up against each other.
Their frontcourt players of Kelton, Taylor, and Lewis should be a nice test for us.
What concerns me most is their defensive pressure and how we will handle it, hopefully well.
Good points, Jersey.

This is our best test so far.

That said, I’ll be looking for improved foul shooting and, like you mentioned above, how we handle the pressure.
Last edited by Jdrums#3 5 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

Bought my tickets the day they went on sale
1 x
Port Charlotte Ram
Jim Eitner

Unread post by Port Charlotte Ram »

I will be flying up to go to the game at Mohegan. Bought the ticket before our last two games so now I can say I am totally psyched
3 x
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

Odds on Bilau returning night, need him badly for Mohegan imho
0 x
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 5 months ago Doubt $2 hot dogs will bring extra people in early. At least it's trying something though
Ummm yeah it will.
Haha
😆 😋
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Dino611 wrote: 5 months ago Odds on Bilau returning night, need him badly for Mohegan imho
Highly unlikely today, and even if he does play later, would doubt Archie play’s him major minutes against big time competition.
0 x
Go Rhody
ramfansince58
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by ramfansince58 »

Look forward to the Wagner test and WBB. And PC against a good team. Big might for RI basketball..

SS...you say my posts are childish. They are there for everyone to see. Please tell me which ones are childish.
0 x
Rhody Sody
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Rhody Sody »

Dino611 wrote: 5 months ago
Bought my tickets the day they went on sale
Wouldn’t miss it, one of my favorite events
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

ramfansince58 wrote: 5 months ago Look forward to the Wagner test and WBB. And PC against a good team. Big might for RI basketball..

SS...you say my posts are childish. They are there for everyone to see. Please tell me which ones are childish.
Wait ..is there something wrong with childish posts? I did not get that memo....
1 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

ramfansince58 wrote: 5 months ago Look forward to the Wagner test and WBB. And PC against a good team. Big might for RI basketball..

An old school Rhody fan looking forward to a PC game. That already makes you suspect.
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Dino611 wrote: 5 months ago Odds on Bilau returning night, need him badly for Mohegan imho
I’d be surprised Dino , I think a return may be before month end , is he practicing full go yet ?
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Jdrums#3 wrote: 5 months ago
Good points, Jersey.

That said, I’ll be looking for improved foul shooting and, like you mentioned above, how we handle the pressure.
Agreed. I'm also worried about the pressure. We seemed to have issues with any pressure during the first two games, and I'm sure teams picked up on this while scouting us. My guess is the game will stay close, but we will go up by double digits at the end. I think we play our best basketball in the final 10 minutes tonight.
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

steveystuds06 wrote: 5 months ago
Jdrums#3 wrote: 5 months ago
Good points, Jersey.

Agreed. I'm also worried about the pressure. We seemed to have issues with any pressure during the first two games, and I'm sure teams picked up on this while scouting us. My guess is the game will stay close, but we will go up by double digits at the end. I think we play our best basketball in the final 10 minutes tonight.
Yes Stevey, finishing the game strong would be a huge step in the right direction and exactly what the doctor ordered.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Also worried about their pressure and our defensive rebounding

Be nice if we can get ahead early and play the game on our terms
0 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

0 x
Slava Ukraini!
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Damnit Brandon.
0 x
GO RAMS
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

I was worried about Wagners quickness. They are really bothering us with it.
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Its literally one kid on Wagner. Hes trouble on offense and defense.
0 x
GO RAMS
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Bad start 8-6 Wags and House 2 fouls U 16 !
0 x
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by KingstonLane »

Biggest issue with our broadcast is our announcers are getting all our players confused. I’m not exaggerating when I say it’s at least once a possession.

So hard to keep track of what’s happening
1 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

FEED FOU!!!!
2 x
rhodyram22
ARD

Unread post by rhodyram22 »

Hahaha Fou is such a beast. Love his energy after dunking.
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

18-14 URI Big Fou ! U 12
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

KingstonLane wrote: 5 months ago Biggest issue with our broadcast is our announcers are getting all our players confused. I’m not exaggerating when I say it’s at least once a possession.

So hard to keep track of what’s happening
They are terrible did they mention Jaden has 2 fouls ?
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

No comments about what I said about Foumena? You know when I said I was much higher than him than Rory? Maybe you're watching the PC game, but Foumena has looked good this year and has looked great so far tonight.
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

Unread post by DeanDome88 »

Our front court is much improved from last season.
1 x