Men's Basketball - Ticket Exchange and Sales 2023-24

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Re: Men's Basketball - Ticket Exchange and Sales 2023-24

Unread post by Blue Man »

RF1 wrote: 1 month ago I wonder whether we will see people now trying to offload their A-10 Tournament tickets?

Would think URI Athletics is really going take on bath trying to sell its mandated allotment. It was bad enough in the past when the school try to sell them to fans of other A-10 schools. I have not seen this as of late and think that practice might have ended per pressure from the A-10 and other member schools.
I can’t imagine we sold many packages.

With the tourney format (extra day) and our play, I can’t imagine anyone signed on for Tuesday games. This new format would tell me that Rhody fans wouldn’t bother showing up unless a miracle (this team giving a shit) happened and they made it to the semis.

First time in my life I booked travel and activities elsewhere on an A10 tourney weekend, with zero plans to even pretend to go.

Yippee! March!
0 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Blue Man wrote: 1 month ago
RF1 wrote: 1 month ago I wonder whether we will see people now trying to offload their A-10 Tournament tickets?

Would think URI Athletics is really going take on bath trying to sell its mandated allotment. It was bad enough in the past when the school try to sell them to fans of other A-10 schools. I have not seen this as of late and think that practice might have ended per pressure from the A-10 and other member schools.
I can’t imagine we sold many packages.

With the tourney format (extra day) and our play, I can’t imagine anyone signed on for Tuesday games. This new format would tell me that Rhody fans wouldn’t bother showing up unless a miracle (this team giving a shit) happened and they made it to the semis.

First time in my life I booked travel and activities elsewhere on an A10 tourney weekend, with zero plans to even pretend to go.

Yippee! March!
Almost positive we’re the only conference with an off day in their conference tournament.

Puzzling decision to say the least.
1 x
Go Rhody
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Sun Belt and WCC also appear to have off days. A few others do to but I think those are because early round games are at campus sites, so that makes sense in that case.
2 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

As the old joke goes.....I left 2 tickets under my windshield wipers before the game for free to anybody who wanted them.(yes, I still get paper tickets). When I got back to my car after the game, there were 4 tickets there.
2 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 month ago As the old joke goes.....I left 2 tickets under my windshield wipers before the game for free to anybody who wanted them.(yes, I still get paper tickets). When I got back to my car after the game, there were 4 tickets there.
I remember that joke from living in Tampa/St. Pete during the Vinny Testaverde years...that, plus, 'did you hear that after the game, Vinny couldn't get into his home? Apparently, someone painted an end zone in his front yard"
1 x