2023-24 schedule

Discuss everything related to the women's team.
Rhody Sody
Lamar Odom

Re: 2023-24 schedule

Unread post by Rhody Sody »

I’m going to agree with Trouser about the impact of losing Dolly so far. Rhody needs another shooter unless Sophie starts hitting 50% each game. I think Tammi needs to play Eva more.

I didn’t watch but followed the game and the season so far. Need better shooting.
1 x
kal-65
Jeff Kent

Unread post by kal-65 »

worse from foul line ---under 50%

gave the game away in last 4+ minutes after having a 7 point lead
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

Wow, losing to previous 1-4 Quinnipiac at home yet, pretty bad.
What is it that Quinnipiac has over Rhody basketball (both teams).

I am disappointed at this point and this team is certainly not as good as I thought.

We definitely have limitations and shortcomings; shooting is a major problem.

Unless we improve and figure things out, just not so sure how we stack up against the best teams in the A10.
1 x
rjv
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by rjv »

Princeton on Sunday
We have a problem
This team is not as good as everyone thought
0 x
Rhody Sody
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Rhody Sody »

Jersey77 wrote: 4 months ago Wow, losing to previous 1-4 Quinnipiac at home yet, pretty bad.

I am disappointed at this point and this team is certainly not as good as I thought.

Unless we improve and figure things out, just not so sure how we stack up against the best teams in the A10.
Team is not consistent. Only team to have NC State on the ropes. Talent is there but Tammi needs to figure out how to get the best out of everyone.
2 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Tammi's bench is too short. Eva is a sniper and Katie has skills too. Ines brings nothing on offense, Dee Dee is not as good as advertised and the defense is too porous. Quinnipiac drove inside at will despite our height advantage. If we don't start shooting and defending better we can forget about a strong postseason.
1 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

PeteRI wrote: 4 months ago Tammi's bench is too short. Eva is a sniper and Katie has skills too. Ines brings nothing on offense, Dee Dee is not as good as advertised and the defense is too porous. Quinnipiac drove inside at will despite our height advantage. If we don't start shooting and defending better we can forget about a strong postseason.
Surprised no Komara or DeChent tonight.

The one big advantage I thought we had going into this season was our quality depth.
Also, I felt our size and defense in the paint would cause problems for our opponents.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Jersey77 wrote: 4 months ago
PeteRI wrote: 4 months ago Tammi's bench is too short. Eva is a sniper and Katie has skills too. Ines brings nothing on offense, Dee Dee is not as good as advertised and the defense is too porous. Quinnipiac drove inside at will despite our height advantage. If we don't start shooting and defending better we can forget about a strong postseason.
Surprised no Komara or DeChent tonight.

The one big advantage I thought we had going into this season was our quality depth.
Also, I felt our size and defense in the paint would cause problems for our opponents.
Komara did not warm up with the team

The bigs practice/warmup and then stretch while the guards stretch
Then they reverse and the guards practice/warmup while the bigs stretch

DeChent and Ledden did not get off the bench last night
IMG_1228.jpeg
IMG_1227.jpeg
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

:-(
IMG_1235.jpeg
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Rhody Sody wrote: 4 months ago
Jersey77 wrote: 4 months ago Wow, losing to previous 1-4 Quinnipiac at home yet, pretty bad.

Team is not consistent. Only team to have NC State on the ropes. Talent is there but Tammi needs to figure out how to get the best out of everyone.

That's about as candid as you hear a coach
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 4 months ago

Yes 02, not good coming from the coach.
They better get their act together fast with a good Princeton team coming to the RC on Sunday.
1 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

They better get their act together fast with a good Princeton team coming to the RC on Sunday.
You can't keep recruiting freshmen, tell us how great they are and what contributions they're going to make to the team but then bury them on the bench.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

PeteRI wrote: 4 months ago

You can't keep recruiting freshmen, tell us how great they are and what contributions they're going to make to the team but then bury them on the bench.
Especially when 2 of them are probably our 2nd and 3rd best shooters. I'm guessing it's their defense that is holding them back, but I'd like to see them get some minutes.
0 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

OK since there's no individual post about tomorrow's match up with Princeton I'll have a note here.

I was excited when this game was announced and expected a great showing from our Lady Rams. But after that stinker against Quinnipiac I'm nowhere near as confident. I just hope we shoot better, defend better, and Tammi lets Eva and Katie see the floor during the game.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

PeteRI wrote: 4 months ago OK since there's no individual post about tomorrow's match up with Princeton I'll have a note here.

I was excited when this game was announced and expected a great showing from our Lady Rams. But after that stinker against Quinnipiac I'm nowhere near as confident. I just hope we shoot better, defend better, and Tammi lets Eva and Katie see the floor during the game.
Will be interesting to see how they respond after that bad loss to Quinnipiac.
0 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

27-22 Rhody at the half. Sophie P hit 2 3s early and then Dee Dee went off for 12 points (3 3s) in 2 minutes! Still pretty disjointed on offense but better D so far. Let's get the Dub LADIES!
0 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

39-32 Rhody at 5:07 Q3. Dee Dee with 19🔥
0 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

41-37 Rhody after 3.
0 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Terrible call on Tenin for her 4th foukat 9:37
0 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

51-50 Princeton @ 4:41
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Comparing the teams we played last year and their end of year NET with the team's we're playing this year with the first NET rankings of the year:

Dartmouth (311)
Coppin State (300)
Southeast Missouri State (265)
Samford (257)
Buffalo (213)
Hartford (361 going from D1 to D3)
Wake Forest (79)
Average (255)

with

Sacred Heart (231)
UMass Lowell (338)
Brown (164)
NC State (9)
Youngstown State (283)
Portland (101)
St. John's (114)
Le Moyne (315)
Average (194)

I'll probably come back to this once the non-conference ends and then again before the postseason starts
1 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Trending in the right direction.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

These 2 next games on the road against Providence and St. John's will give us a good indication of where we are at as a team.
We should win both these games plus the last 2 at home.
I think it will be a disappointment of we don't finish the OOC schedule 4-0.
2 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

I don't get you at all. Yet again setting unreasonable expectations like you're hoping the women's team will fail or something.

Massey Ratings has us at #93. We're on the road at #171, on the road at 147, home vs. #333, and home vs. #66.

NET has us #68 with games at #174, at #118, vs #318, and vs #61.

Losing at St. John's and/or home against Harvard are absolutely reasonable outcomes. 3-1 is the most likely outcome during this four game stretch, but you're saying that would be a disappointment...
1 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 4 months ago I don't get you at all. Yet again setting unreasonable expectations like you're hoping the women's team will fail or something.

Massey Ratings has us at #93. We're on the road at #171, on the road at 147, home vs. #333, and home vs. #66.

NET has us #68 with games at #174, at #118, vs #318, and vs #61.

Losing at St. John's and/or home against Harvard are absolutely reasonable outcomes. 3-1 is the most likely outcome during this four game stretch, but you're saying that would be a disappointment...
Nobody is hoping they fail, but after all the pre-season hype, we should have high expectations for them.
I was originally one of the more cautious ones and tried to pump the brakes.
But several on here felt that anything less than an NCAAT bid this season would be a disappointment.

We were selected to finish 1st in the A10 and had 4 players receive pre-season honors.
Some here also felt that Hyman would be one of the top guards in the conference.

After beating pre-season Ivy favorite Princeton at home, why not Harvard (#3)?
St. John's (4-5) and Providence (3-5) are very winnable games.

No need to test my loyalty, I am a very faithful fan.
I travel up to the RC to see them plus away games.
I will also attend the St. John's game.

After the unexpected losses to Maine and Quinnipiac, I think we need to regain the momentum in these next 4 games.
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

URI (6-4) NET=69, RPI=116
@
St Johns (4-6) NET=114, RPI=146

2pm telecast by FloSports

https://redstormsports.com/news/2023/12 ... -on-sunday
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Magassa not dressed, Dutat starting today
0 x
rjv
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by rjv »

Live by the three die by the three
0 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

rjv wrote: 4 months ago Live by the three die by the three
That's the least of our problems. We gave up 23 points in the 4th quarter. We let St. John's shoot 54% from 3. We only had 7 assists the entire game. Right now we are as close to winning an A10 title as Archie's team.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

This Thursday vs The Monk College....Education Day (our daughter's a teacher, her class will be there)...will it be the most attended game of the year? For both men and women?
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 4 months ago This Thursday vs The Monk College....Education Day (our daughter's a teacher, her class will be there)...will it be the most attended game of the year? For both men and women?
If you only count actual people in seats yes this will be the most attended game of the year. Not so sure if go by announced attendance.
But it’s fun to attend and watch the hundreds of school busses dropping kids off
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

ramster wrote: 4 months ago
NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 4 months ago This Thursday vs The Monk College....Education Day (our daughter's a teacher, her class will be there)...will it be the most attended game of the year? For both men and women?
If you only count actual people in seats yes this will be the most attended game of the year. Not so sure if go by announced attendance.
But it’s fun to attend and watch the hundreds of school busses dropping kids off
I've heard that is also one of the loudest games of the year...lots of kids cheering every basket. If the weather is decent, maybe I'll take a walk over
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 4 months ago
I've heard that is also one of the loudest games of the year...lots of kids cheering every basket. If the weather is decent, maybe I'll take a walk over
I went last year.
There is a LOT of energy in the building. You gain additional respect for the job that teachers fulfill.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

I went last year.
There is a LOT of energy in the building. You gain additional respect for the job that teachers fulfill.
Yeah, our daughter is a teacher, and she lets us know, in pretty good detail, the job she has to fulfill and why we should respect it :lol: :lol: :lol:
2 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

My first daughter is also a teacher.

Good stuff, NYG. 👍🏼
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

I went last year.
Yeah, our daughter is a teacher, and she lets us know, in pretty good detail, the job she has to fulfill and why we should respect it :lol: :lol: :lol:
Although..."school called on account of wind"...is a first for me....
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

I went last year.
Although..."school called on account of wind"...is a first for me....
My mom walked home from school during the '38 hurricane.
0 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

... uphill, both ways
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

jcru wrote: 4 months ago ... uphill, both ways
No, she really did. Nobody had any idea that it was coming.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Biggest, loudest crowd of the year, tomorrow at 11...

Game #11 vs. Rhode Island (Atlantic 10)
Info: Thursday, Dec. 21 | Kingston, R.I. | 11:00 a.m. | Thomas M. Ryan Center
Thursday will be the first-ever meeting between Le Moyne and Rhode Island in women's basketball.

https://lemoynedolphins.com/news/2023/1 ... eview.aspx
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 4 months ago Biggest, loudest crowd of the year, tomorrow at 11...

Thursday will be the first-ever meeting between Le Moyne and Rhode Island in women's basketball.

And a whole lot of school busses 🚌
0 x
NHRamFan
Lamar Odom

Unread post by NHRamFan »

The way to build a fan base is to introduce the youngest among us to the team, the facilities, and the experience. Kudos to Tammi and URI for doing this. It might not hurt, given the current state of affairs, for the men's program to swallow some pride and follow suit. The average age of the men's fans is probably in SS territory. There are certainly enough empty seats available.
2 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 4 months ago Biggest, loudest crowd of the year, tomorrow at 11...

And a whole lot of school busses 🚌
More than 110 of those things expected...which is why I'll probably walk :lol:
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

5500 students expected. That's crazy!

Massey Ratings gives the #105 (#81 NET) Rams a 99% chance of beating the #312 (#292 NET) Dolphins, with a predicted final of 73-42
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 4 months ago 5500 students expected. That's crazy!

Massey Ratings gives the #105 (#81 NET) Rams a 99% chance of beating the #312 (#292 NET) Dolphins, with a predicted final of 73-42
Consider Final Exams and Make-up Finals have ended.
Few URI students here, if any
I’d guess there are more than 5,500 here, maybe over 6,000
Noisy crowd, noise is continuously loud.
I was here last year but this crowd is significantly bigger and noisier
Free admission
Didn’t scan tickets upon entry
Doesn’t matter anyway since they never announce actual attendance

Biggest crowd I’ve seen here since last years PC Mens game - and school is out
3 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Kids are all into the game

And nobody distracted with their phones - thanks Ry-Fy :lol: 8-) :roll:
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 4 months ago 5500 students expected. That's crazy!

Consider Final Exams and Make-up Finals have ended.
Few URI students here, if any
I’d guess there are more than 5,500 here, maybe over 6,000
Noisy crowd, noise is continuously loud.
I was here last year but this crowd is significantly bigger and noisier
Free admission
Didn’t scan tickets upon entry
Doesn’t matter anyway since they never announce actual attendance

Biggest crowd I’ve seen here since last years PC Mens game - and school is out
That's why I went over...wanted to remind myself what a real crowd looks like at the Ry. (Well, plus my daughter brought her class from Woonsocket)

Got a hug from my daughter and a handshake from ramulous. Totally worthwhile trip ;)
2 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

1 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Well UNH vs MBB starts at 6 so maybe the kids will stick around….
1 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

No chance. They all come in by school bus. Most all Middle School kids I believe. Very well organized by the teachers.
1 x