'24 SF Tyonne Farrell (URI signed LOI)

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Re: '24 SF Tyonne Farrell (URI signed LOI)

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

Given he (Farrell) liked the Hammond tweet, I’d be on the horn to him letting him know he’s free to follow suit. But, that’s me. Good thing I am not a coach.

Anyway….May as ride the portal waves for now. Better developed waves for a better ride.

The prep waves are too small; no tubes to duck into. No bueno.
0 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

…and maybe we need to cut this dude loose and dip deeper into portalpalooza.
1 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Blows my mind that a recruit can verbally commit, sign a letter of intent, and 10 months later, just bail. lol, zero accountability or penalty.
1 x
GO RAMS
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 1 week ago Blows my mind that a recruit can verbally commit, sign a letter of intent, and 10 months later, just bail. lol, zero accountability or penalty.
It's A-murri-ca, baby! Everyone is a "bid ness"
0 x
3mm's
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by 3mm's »

I really don't understand this. We have a kid sign with us and get excited about it. Then Hammond backs out and Farrell contacts him for moving to a better ranked team. They are both from the DC/Balt area , have played against each other most likely for years and are considered top players. They are most likely friends. Why are we all upset that he contacted a friend.
If your best partner at work leaves for a better job do you never talk to him again.
As a Rhody fan I hope that TF doesn't read this site.
A week ago He was great, now he shouldn't be a Ram.

Think before you make comments that will hurt our team.
2 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

3mm's wrote: 1 week ago I really don't understand this. We have a kid sign with us and get excited about it. Then Hammond backs out and Farrell contacts him for moving to a better ranked team. They are both from the DC/Balt area , have played against each other most likely for years and are considered top players. They are most likely friends. Why are we all upset that he contacted a friend.
If your best partner at work leaves for a better job do you never talk to him again.

He didn't contact Ben. He 'liked' Ben's post that he was getting out of his NLI and opening his recruitment. You don't have a problem with a (supposedly, for now) current player from the team liking that one of his teammates is leaving?
0 x
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 week ago
3mm's wrote: 1 week ago I really don't understand this. We have a kid sign with us and get excited about it. Then Hammond backs out and Farrell contacts him for moving to a better ranked team. They are both from the DC/Balt area , have played against each other most likely for years and are considered top players. They are most likely friends. Why are we all upset that he contacted a friend.

He didn't contact Ben. He 'liked' Ben's post that he was getting out of his NLI and opening his recruitment. You don't have a problem with a (supposedly, for now) current player from the team liking that one of his teammates is leaving?
Honestly - no. Ben is going P5 (my guess is Arkansas) and will make a lot of cash next season. I am disappointed we won’t get a season with Ben, but I am never going to fault a guy for trying to move up to the big time when they have their shot. Also not going to fault TF for liking his friend reaching such a point. I hope TF gets that good that real P5 schools come calling. At that point we better be winning AND paying so we can keep him.
0 x
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

Maybe agenerational thing? While I'm double these kids' ages, I always hit that heart button on friends' posts. Hell, half the time I don't even look at what was posted. Could be something similar here - just blind support.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Yeah I’m with Kyle on this , I wouldn’t look too much into that
1 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

rhodylaw wrote: 1 week ago

Honestly - no. Ben is going P5 (my guess is Arkansas) and will make a lot of cash next season. I am disappointed we won’t get a season with Ben, but I am never going to fault a guy for trying to move up to the big time when they have their shot. Also not going to fault TF for liking his friend reaching such a point. I hope TF gets that good that real P5 schools come calling. At that point we better be winning AND paying so we can keep him.
Interesting you mention Arkansas. Does it have anything to do with Coach Cal’s comments posted here a week or so ago?
0 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

This kid holds on long enough and he could start
0 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Iggy1979 wrote: 1 week ago This kid holds on long enough and he could start
Does this mean you're not hearing any buzz about players coming in?
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

We are definitely recruiting players but Farrell has the tools to be a good player. He's a fantastic defender, and I hope he sticks around. I agree with Iggy. If he can develop on the offensive end, he'll be a strong two-way starter in a year or two.

Jaquan Sanders was the recruit a few of us heard was committing last year. He didn't end up leaving Seton Hall—he has now. But we really don't need another two guard, so I don't see why we would go after him again. He's an upgrade over Ways, so I'd take him. He's a great shooter.

It's also looking more and more likely that we will land Traore.
1 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

steveystuds06 wrote: 1 week ago
We are definitely recruiting players but Farrell has the tools to be a good player. He's a fantastic defender, and I hope he sticks around. I agree with Iggy. If he can develop on the offensive end, he'll be a strong two-way starter in a year or two.

Jaquan Sanders was the recruit a few of us heard was committing last year. He didn't end up leaving Seton Hall—he has now. But we really don't need another two guard, so I don't see why we would go after him again. He's an upgrade over Ways, so I'd take him. He's a great shooter.

It's also looking more and more likely that we will land Traore.
Stevey, what do you think of Traore? I just watched some vid of him and an interview and he has good size, looks chiseled, and appears to move his feet well. In short, he certainly looks the part but - for whatever reason - hasn’t produced.
0 x