Archie on KMac show.

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Archie on KMac show.

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

I mentioned this in another thread, but posting it here in case people didn't see it. Archie is on Kmac's show starting right now on 790 the score from 6-7.
3 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Re: Archie on KMac show.

Archie interview starts at 6:30.
0 x
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by CamsRams »

https://www.thescore790.com/

Can listen live on the scores website.
1 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

CamsRams wrote: 10 months ago https://www.thescore790.com/

Can listen live on the scores website.
Thanks for the link! Definitely giving this a listen.
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Archie said House could be one of the best scorers in the A10.

Kortright is a jack of all trades but he really views him as a PG.

Think Zeke could blossom in to an all conference level player.

Also said, "by no means do we feel like we have arrived yet".
4 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

adam914 wrote: 10 months ago Archie said House could be one of the best scorers in the A10.

Sounds like another down year
1 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Green is a bit of a sleeper but is our best three point shooter and could end up being the most important piece we brought in.

Always is a late bloomer (they call him Ways). Young and needs to gain strength.

Tyson Brown is older and brings real physicality. Live body and good size.
4 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Fuchs (pronounced Fox) should be our best big man and the most physically ready. Will likely be one of the most used freshman in the country and could be very good.
6 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

Billyboy78 wrote: 10 months ago I mentioned this in another thread, but posting it here in case people didn't see it. Archie is on Kmac's show starting right now on 790 the score from 6-7.
Thanks, 78!
0 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

Sounds like we have two big bodies who look ready to contribute from day one. Add them to Bilau and Foumena.

We have two All Conference potential players in House and Montgomery.

We have two point guards.

We have increased shooting across the board.

and we have a lot of addition by subtraction. Don't forget, this time last year he was talking about how we were all going to be surprised by Bassy's improvement, and we had no idea we had a team cancer on board in Freeman.

Not to mention a lot of careless and turnover prone basketball. Every game.

I think this roster looks incrementally better than the last one without even seeing them yet.
4 x
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

Is the show saved on the site so for people like me at work to go back and listen
0 x
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

adam914 wrote: 10 months ago Fuchs (pronounced Fox) should be our best big man and the most physically ready. Will likely be one of the most used freshman in the country and could be very good.
Sounds like he might start day 1
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Dino611 wrote: 10 months ago
adam914 wrote: 10 months ago Fuchs (pronounced Fox) should be our best big man and the most physically ready. Will likely be one of the most used freshman in the country and could be very good.
Sounds like he might start day 1
Yeah, I was surprised to hear that. Sounds like he'll be getting as many minutes as he can handle.
1 x
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

Dino611 wrote: 10 months ago Is the show saved on the site so for people like me at work to go back and listen
Yes. Fast-forward to the 26:00 mark of today's episode.

https://www.thescore790.com/podcasts/
3 x
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

Also apparently pronounced DAH-vid (not DAY-vid).
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

theblueram wrote: 10 months ago
adam914 wrote: 10 months ago Archie said House could be one of the best scorers in the A10.

Noooooooooooo...............
0 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 10 months ago
theblueram wrote: 10 months ago

Noooooooooooo...............
I didn’t get that impression. He seems high on a couple of guys we had questions about, like Fuchs and Green. Ways may need another year to develop physically.
1 x
Slava Ukraini!
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

jcru wrote: 10 months ago Sounds like we have two big bodies who look ready to contribute from day one. Add them to Bilau and Foumena.

and we have a lot of addition by subtraction. Don't forget, this time last year he was talking about how we were all going to be surprised by Bassy's improvement, and we had no idea we had a team cancer on board in Freeman.

I think this roster looks incrementally better than the last one without even seeing them yet.
Agreed
0 x
GO RAMS
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

adam914 wrote: 10 months ago Green is a bit of a sleeper but is our best three point shooter and could end up being the most important piece we brought in.

Always is a late bloomer (they call him Ways). Young and needs to gain strength.

Tyson Brown is older and brings real physicality. Live body and good size.
So...he shall be called...."Al".... Al Wrighty then....
0 x
Ramfan22
ARD

Unread post by Ramfan22 »

Dan York will call him David Fucks
10 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Man I can't wait for college basketball....

Some notes I picked up from the interview.

The staff knew they lacked talent and are happy with the roster they brought in. They do not want to keep bringing in many new players every year, but we had to do it this season to get this team back on track.

Foumena- He needed a year to get his body right. Now that he had a season under his belt Archie expects him to be ready to contribute.

Rory- He got a lot better last season. He still likely needs another season to get stronger and faster, but he's planning on him having a legit role this season.

Weston- Weston playing for the first time in 2 years caused a lot of growing pains. He learned what it takes to play D1 ball, and he expects him to make a jump

Bilau- Still on the mend from the injury. He didn't give us any timeline.

Jaden House- He expects him to be one of the best scorers in the conference. He's one of the best players in the country at getting to the line

Luis- He was the best player on the floor against us last year. He does it all. What Archie loves the most is his IQ. His ast to turnover ratio is fantastic. He expects Luis to run the team a lot this season, but he can put him in a lot of spots.

Zek- He can defend 1-4. Good shooter, good defender, good rebounder. HE expects him to become an all-conference player before he's gone.

David Green- Archie said he's a sleeper! He may be the most crucial recruit that we landed because it's tough to find good stretch 4s with his type of size, shooting, and ability to defend 1-5. He likes that he knows his role when playing with good players. He's one of those players that will do whatever the team needs. I'm very excited about Green!!

Always- Since he focused on Football and Basketball, he blossomed late. He will need to hit the weight room. Archie said he can shoot and will be a strong playmaker down the road. I got the vibe he's not ready to make a big impact, but I could be wrong.

Tyson- A10 type big. Strong and very physical. Exactly what we all have already said.

David Fuchs. Now this gets me VERY excited. Archie reiterated that this kid is a stud. He expects him to be one of the best freshmen in the conference. He's strong for his age. he can rebound, has a decent shot, has a nice touch, is quick, and defends. Fuchs will have a big role for a freshman. It sounds like this kid will be a starter based on Archies comments.

He didn't get to talk about Cam and Connor as they ran out of time.

Long story short it sounds like we got some big upgrades this year. If Fuchs and Green are as good as Archie says then that changes my mind about how good this team can be. I think we all expected House, Tyson, Zek, Luis to make a good impact. But if you can add a couple more impactful guys and factor in the returning players, we could make some noise.

Go Rhody!!
5 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

jcru wrote: 10 months ago Sounds like we have two big bodies who look ready to contribute from day one. Add them to Bilau and Foumena.
"Add them to" or, "insert them ahead of"? Hopefully, the latter? I mean. asking for a friend
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

steveystuds06 wrote: 10 months ago Man I can't wait for college basketball....

The staff knew they lacked talent and are happy with the roster they brought in. They do not want to keep bringing in many new players every year, but we had to do it this season to get this team back on track.

Foumena- He needed a year to get his body right. Now that he had a season under his belt Archie expects him to be ready to contribute.

Rory- He got a lot better last season. He still likely needs another season to get stronger and faster, but he's planning on him having a legit role this season.

Weston- Weston playing for the first time in 2 years caused a lot of growing pains. He learned what it takes to play D1 ball, and he expects him to make a jump

Jaden House- He expects him to be one of the best scorers in the conference. He's one of the best players in the country at getting to the line

Luis- He was the best player on the floor against us last year. He does it all. What Archie loves the most is his IQ. His ast to turnover ratio is fantastic. He expects Luis to run the team a lot this season, but he can put him in a lot of spots.

Zek- He can defend 1-4. Good shooter, good defender, good rebounder. HE expects him to become an all-conference player before he's gone.

David Green- Archie said he's a sleeper! He may be the most crucial recruit that we landed because it's tough to find good stretch 4s with his type of size, shooting, and ability to defend 1-5. He likes that he knows his role when playing with good players. He's one of those players that will do whatever the team needs. I'm very excited about Green!!

Always- Since he focused on Football and Basketball, he blossomed late. He will need to hit the weight room. Archie said he can shoot and will be a strong playmaker down the road. I got the vibe he's not ready to make a big impact, but I could be wrong.

Tyson- A10 type big. Strong and very physical. Exactly what we all have already said.

David Fuchs. Now this gets me VERY excited. Archie reiterated that this kid is a stud. He expects him to be one of the best freshmen in the conference. He's strong for his age. he can rebound, has a decent shot, has a nice touch, is quick, and defends. Fuchs will have a big role for a freshman. It sounds like this kid will be a starter based on Archies comments.

Long story short it sounds like we got some big upgrades this year. If Fuchs and Green are as good as Archie says then that changes my mind about how good this team can be. I think we all expected House, Tyson, Zek, Luis to make a good impact. But if you can add a couple more impactful guys and factor in the returning players, we could make some noise.

Go Rhody!!
Excellent summary, Stevey.

That summary got me fired up. Let’s goooooooooooooooooo!!!

ETA: Crap….it’s only June. I better pace myself.
4 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Jdrums#3 wrote: 10 months ago
steveystuds06 wrote: 10 months ago Man I can't wait for college basketball....

Go Rhody!!
Excellent summary, Stevey.

That summary got me fired up. Let’s goooooooooooooooooo!!!

ETA: Crap….it’s only June. I better pace myself.
I know me too haha

I’m completely guessing but based on the comments about Fuchs I wonder if that’s why we didn’t land Buru. Maybe Archie wanted Fuchs… we’ll see how good he is once the season starts!
2 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

If you looked into the fact that Fuchs is currently playing against competition superior to what he will see in college basketball then you wouldn't be surprised.
5 x
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodysurf »

Ramfan22 wrote: 10 months ago
Dan York will call him David Fucks
I will too if he’s good
6 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

The addition by subtraction is huge.

Malik, while an important leader and great guy who gave a lot to this program and helped lay a foundation, lacked the talent to see a lot of minutes on this new team. I would guess that Fuchs and Green will be significant upgrades.

Foumena and Brown are significant upgrades over Tchikou and Samb.

Montgomery is an upgrade over Carey. I liked Carey’s athleticism and effort but he was an absolute liability with the ball in his hands.

Bray showed up once every couple games and was a detriment where he didn’t. Louie/Ways may not have top end scoring that he did, but I can’t imagine their floor is as low as his was - plus the team issues.

Ish was a loss, of course he was, but let’s not act like adding a kid who averaged 17 a game is nothing. The A10 wasn’t some world beater league either - but it’s not insane to think we won’t be losing too much in the scoring department from him.

Idk why so many people are so sour on this team and staff, but I’ll happily unjam your heads from your asses when this team turns it on.
6 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
SandorClegane
Art Stephenson

Unread post by SandorClegane »

Blue Man wrote: 10 months ago

Malik, while an important leader and great guy who gave a lot to this program and helped lay a foundation, lacked the talent to see a lot of minutes on this new team. I would guess that Fuchs and Green will be significant upgrades.

Montgomery is an upgrade over Carey. I liked Carey’s athleticism and effort but he was an absolute liability with the ball in his hands.

Bray showed up once every couple games and was a detriment where he didn’t. Louie/Ways may not have top end scoring that he did, but I can’t imagine their floor is as low as his was - plus the team issues.

Ish was a loss, of course he was, but let’s not act like adding a kid who averaged 17 a game is nothing. The A10 wasn’t some world beater league either - but it’s not insane to think we won’t be losing too much in the scoring department from him.

Idk why so many people are so sour on this team and staff, but I’ll happily unjam your heads from your asses when this team turns it on.
This is an interesting take. Can’t disagree with any of Bluemans points. Front court should be noticeably better. We’ll rely a lot on Westin and House to carry the scoring in Ish’s absence. I’m excited to see Montgomery play too. Hopefully the other players take their roles seriously and we see more team ball this year.

Talent looks like it’s upgraded, but it’s hard to project just how good we can be until we see how they play together. Looking forward to see how Archie works everyone in.
2 x
“The greatest things in life are invisible to the eye”
- Mr. Rogers
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Wow sounds like really positive news !!
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Too positive. I’m gonna need someone to come along and throw some cold water on this sudden flurry of positive posts pretty soon because I can’t stay this fired up for 4-5 more months without dropping like rock. :lol:

Let’s goooooooooooo!
0 x
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

Jdrums#3 wrote: 10 months ago Too positive. I’m gonna need someone to come along and throw some cold water on this sudden flurry of positive posts pretty soon because I can’t stay this fired up for 4-5 more months without dropping like rock. :lol:

Let’s goooooooooooo!
There are more than a few posters here who specialize in that sort of thing
2 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

I don’t think we’re gonna be a great team but if we have a few guys to build around I’ll be excited. That’s what we were missing last year.
5 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

steveystuds06 wrote: 10 months ago I don’t think we’re gonna be a great team but if we have a few guys to build around I’ll be excited. That’s what we were missing last year.
This is exactly what I came away thinking after hearing the interview. This season will likely still be a struggle at times, but it sounds like we might be at the start of actually putting together a decent team if a few of these guys develop as the staff expects. Positive momentum at least.
1 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

what a great listen

looking forward to putting the past season behind us and brighter days ahead !
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I’m thinking of raising my contest prediction a couple games based on Arch comments
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

ElmCityRhody wrote: 10 months ago what a great listen

According to Arch, teams are about to get Fuched
3 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

PeterRamTime wrote: 10 months ago

According to Archie on his interview with Kevin Mac his name is pronounced Dahvid Fox
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

ramster wrote: 10 months ago

According to Archie on his interview with Kevin Mac his name is pronounced Dahvid Fox
The signs are gonna be amazing.

Maybe one will unseat “will Mbang til u can’t Seawright”
2 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

With a German accent Ja
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

The signs are gonna be amazing.

Maybe one will unseat “will Mbang til u can’t Seawright”
We need Jay!
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

URI stopped Rhody Jay from having the signs.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

ramster wrote: 10 months ago URI stopped Rhody Jay from having the signs.
I know.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

same....and hopefully...hopefully, there's never ever any "9 or 10 guys that could start" talk
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Sounds like Arch loves House , said he’s built like a RB and he going to be a big scorer in our league

Zek can guard the 1-4

Fuchs probably going to be on the all frosh team
0 x
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

It seems like from listening to this it’s going to be pretty clear what the starting five is

Luis - PG
House - SG
Zek - SF
Fuchs - PF
Brown - C
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

Blue Man, I don't think there are any fans here (possibly a very few) that are sour on this staff or our team.

Just because we are tempering our expectations for this season "only" doesn't mean we aren't optimistic or enthusiastic about our future with this roster and our coaches.

We have plenty of question marks including several key pieces that have very limited Div.1 experience.

Although we don't have any exceptional teams in the A10, there is a good balance with lots of depth in our conference. Many of the teams return a lot of quality players and others have added proven contributors.

Overall, I like what the staff has done with building our roster.
I just feel it is a little too early to expect much this season.
But yeah, I hope I am surprised, and this team exceeds my expectations for 23-24.
3 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Casual fan sees 5 new starters and thinks, "there's no way they won't be a LOT (LOT) better than last year"....like, can't even fathom it.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

ramster wrote: 10 months ago URI stopped Rhody Jay from having the signs.
I've never seen another school work so hard to kill home advantage like us
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Jersey77 wrote: 10 months ago

Blue Man, I don't think there are any fans here (possibly a very few) that are sour on this staff or our team.

Just because we are tempering our expectations for this season "only" doesn't mean we aren't optimistic or enthusiastic about our future with this roster and our coaches.

We have plenty of question marks including several key pieces that have very limited Div.1 experience.

Although we don't have any exceptional teams in the A10, there is a good balance with lots of depth in our conference. Many of the teams return a lot of quality players and others have added proven contributors.

But yeah, I hope I am surprised, and this team exceeds my expectations for 23-24.
Too early to expect much? What exactly is reasonable to expect?

I dont think it's necessarily sunshine pumping when you expect this current roster that will actually have 13 scholarships available, with more experienced, more talented, bigger, more athletic players at every position to be better than last years 9 win mess.

I would get saying that if people were projecting us to be an NCAA tournament team, but blue man is just pointing out how likely it is that this team will be much better.

We should expect a big improvement. It's year two. We need Archie and his staff to get better immediately. It's his responsibility as a coach of a program that has the ability to compete for NCAA bids on a yearly basis.

Then I don't see how anyone can compare last year's roster with our current one and think we won't improve.

There's such a long list of reasons that we could easily be better than 9-22.

Archie has won championships in the A-10 before. Duane and Kenny have coached up a number of NCAA tournament level teams over the year.

Last year was a total mess. There was hardly any experience, tons of injuries and asshole Bray and his stupid family.

Consider all of that and what blueman said about the roster and then ask yourself if it's actually reasonable for anyone to temper expectations of us improving considerably.

If we somehow don't get any better or get marginally better then we got some SERIOUS problems.
1 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Jersey77 wrote: 10 months ago

Good breakdown, Jersey.

As of today, I’d be happy if we can squeeze inside the top 10 (7th-9th place) of the A10 this season and show promise for the next season and be in position to make a serious run at a conference championship in ‘24-‘25.

I am hoping we get some good luck and some good bounces - compared to last season - to help squeeze us inside the top 10 this season. Perhaps finish 9-9 in conference - which would be a 4 game improvement over last season and, based off of last seasons final standings, would get us inside the top 10.

I think the conference - though lacking a top 25 team unless a team surprises and exceeds expectations - will be more balanced. I think we could see a conf regular season champ with 4 or 5 losses. If that happens and we are around .500, we will be playing some meaningful late season games.

That’s my early, hopeful expectation/prediction.
0 x