'24 VA PG Ben Hammond (URI LOI ---> ??? )

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Re: '24 VA PG Ben Hammond

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Jdrums#3 wrote: 10 months ago
SmartyBarrett wrote: 10 months ago
DevRam wrote: 10 months ago 4PM
Extra props to him for saying a time and the announcement dropped at 4 pm on the dot. Hate when you're left waiting until like 4:38 or something.
Yeah. He’s very punctual. 👍🏼
Always on time
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Re: '24 VA PG Ben Hammond (URI verbal)

Unread post by reef »

Welcome to Rhody Ben !!
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Been a tough offseason for the “Archie can’t recruit” crowd.
4 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by CamsRams »

Tyonne Instagram shows a picture of him on a plane w Providence Rhode Island as the location. Hopefully he’s coming for a visit:

Hammond said he’s open to helping the Rams secure other commitments in their upcoming class. He named Baltimore small forward Tyonne Farrell among players he’s been in contact with — the 6-foot-6-inch wing claims offers from URI, DePaul, Towson and more. House is the only player on the current roster listed as a senior. 
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

CamsRams wrote: 10 months ago Tyonne Instagram shows a picture of him on a plane w Providence Rhode Island as the location. Hopefully he’s coming for a visit:

Hammond said he’s open to helping the Rams secure other commitments in their upcoming class. He named Baltimore small forward Tyonne Farrell among players he’s been in contact with — the 6-foot-6-inch wing claims offers from URI, DePaul, Towson and more. House is the only player on the current roster listed as a senior. 
I wouldn't pay much attention to how they are listed, besides that doesn't make much difference.
This is Luis's 4th year, same with Green, this will be Bilau's 5th season.
If they all graduate including House, they wouldn't have to sit if they transfer.
In that case, Zek and Weston may be the only 2 players on the roster that will need a waiver if they enter the portal.
3 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

CamsRams wrote: 10 months ago Tyonne Instagram shows a picture of him on a plane w Providence Rhode Island as the location. Hopefully he’s coming for a visit:

Kenny and Archie are both following him on twitter.
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Maybe he can get his teammate Garrett Sundra to reconsider. ;)
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

1 x
KevanBoyles
Carlton Owens

Unread post by KevanBoyles »

"The Rams are thin in terms of pure point guards entering the 2023-24 season — only Quinnipiac transfer Luis Kortright and freshman Cam Estevez identify as primary fits at the position. URI boasts more options at shooting guard in Jaden House, Zek Montgomery, Always Wright and Connor Dubski."

I believe Ways is a PG and Cam is a Combo. Am I wrong???
1 x
Ramfan22
ARD

Unread post by Ramfan22 »

KevanBoyles wrote: 10 months ago "The Rams are thin in terms of pure point guards entering the 2023-24 season — only Quinnipiac transfer Luis Kortright and freshman Cam Estevez identify as primary fits at the position. URI boasts more options at shooting guard in Jaden House, Zek Montgomery, Always Wright and Connor Dubski."

I believe Ways is a PG and Cam is a Combo. Am I wrong???
You’re right. Ways is a PG, and Cam is a combo
0 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

Someone want to start a recruiting thread for Tyonne Farrell?
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

1 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

Four years of excellent point guard play is going to be real fun to watch.
1 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

To be a fly on the wall in the locker room when this guy takes over the team:

0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Billyboy78 wrote: 10 months ago Bill Koch article on Ben.

https://www.providencejournal.com/story ... 363140007/
Great article , gotta love kids like Ben who sign early and appreciate the love Rhody showed in their recruiting of him
4 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Let's hope Hammond is recruiting this kid hard because he looks good.

1 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Rams99
Abdul Fox

Unread post by Rams99 »

Tyonne’s Insta post...👀 Looks like he enjoyed his visit.
Very exciting to see upcoming talent in years to come.
2 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Team Takeover is playing Expressions Elite at Peach Jam now
Hammond already with 5 assists mid-way thru 2nd quarter

https://basketball.exposureevents.com/2 ... =hoopstats
2 x
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by KingstonLane »

Team Takeover with the 64-60 win.

Ben finished with 6pts, 7 asts and 4 reb.

They play again tomorrow at 430pm ET. The games are all live-streamed
3 x
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

Ben won the game for Team Takeover with an underhanded scoop layup through traffic with under 10 seconds to go.

Finished with 8 pts, 2 asts and 2 Rebs
2 x
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

KingstonLane wrote: 9 months ago Ben won the game for Team Takeover with an underhanded scoop layup through traffic with under 10 seconds to go.

Finished with 8 pts, 2 asts and 2 Rebs
Recent Rhode Island pledge Ben Hammond was another hero for his team on Tuesday night as Team Takeover trailed Vegas Elite on the final possession of the game after having mounted a double-figure second-half comeback behind Patrick Ngongba. Hammond drove the lane, clearly looking for an opportunity to feed his big man, but the defense read the play and stayed home on Ngongba. Hammond improvised, adjusted in mid-air, and scored the game-winning bucket himself.

https://247sports.com/article/nike-peac ... 212445692/
5 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

Smart decision making? Check. 👍
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Team Takeover goes to 3-0 with win over Paul George Elite this afternoon

https://nikeeyb.com/schedules
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Team Takeover jumps to 4-0 beating The Family 80-60 at 4:30pm today
Hammond with 6 assists and 1 TO in 24 minutes
Takeover leads their Bracket at this time

2 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

The more I watch Hammond the more excited I get. Hard to find these true floor generals like this kid. His game-winner a few days ago was awesome. He runs the offense incredibly well. He tries to feed his teammates as much as he can, but if they need a bucket, he'll get it. The same goes on the defensive end. He's an absolute pest. He does the little things that leaders do. We are going to absolutely love this kid at Rhody.
6 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

steveystuds06 wrote: 9 months ago The more I watch Hammond the more excited I get. Hard to find these true floor generals like this kid. His game-winner a few days ago was awesome. He runs the offense incredibly well. He tries to feed his teammates as much as he can, but if they need a bucket, he'll get it. The same goes on the defensive end. He's an absolute pest. He does the little things that leaders do. We are going to absolutely love this kid at Rhody.
Yes Stevey, totally.
Having a solid PG is key to being successful, especially in the guard dominated A10.
He may be the young player I will be most excited to see.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

steveystuds06 wrote: 9 months ago The more I watch Hammond the more excited I get. Hard to find these true floor generals like this kid. His game-winner a few days ago was awesome. He runs the offense incredibly well. He tries to feed his teammates as much as he can, but if they need a bucket, he'll get it. The same goes on the defensive end. He's an absolute pest. He does the little things that leaders do. We are going to absolutely love this kid at Rhody.
I'm very excited to see him in a Rhody uniform. Maybe it's an old school opinion, but I prefer the floor general PG to the dynamic scorer PG that seems to dominate basketball now
1 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 9 months ago
I'm very excited to see him in a Rhody uniform. Maybe it's an old school opinion, but I prefer the floor general PG to the dynamic scorer PG that seems to dominate basketball now
I think either can be fine - it just depends on what you surround them with. It's not like the Warriors had a "pure" point in their run, but Curry, Green, Thompson and Durant were all comfortable passing. For St. Joe's back in the day, Jameer Nelson was averaging 5, 6 assists per game, but also 14+ FGA. I don't think it's a coincidence that the players on URI rosters that got criticized for dominating the ball - Russell, Freeman, Dawan Robinson - played for losing teams, or teams on the downswing when they were being criticized. But usually, when guys get the green light like that, it means there are deficiencies elsewhere on the roster.
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Team Takeover beats Boo Williams tonight to go to 5-0 and finished their Bracket undefeated headed into Saturday's 12pm game in the 8 Team, Single Elimination Bracket vs Drive Nation (4-1)
Winner plays the winner of Mokan Elite - Team Final at 7:30pm Saturday night

Hammond finished with 11 points on 5-7 FG and 1-1 FT. 3 assists, 3 TOs

1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

SGreenwell wrote: 9 months ago
RhowdyRam02 wrote: 9 months ago
I think either can be fine - it just depends on what you surround them with. It's not like the Warriors had a "pure" point in their run, but Curry, Green, Thompson and Durant were all comfortable passing. For St. Joe's back in the day, Jameer Nelson was averaging 5, 6 assists per game, but also 14+ FGA. I don't think it's a coincidence that the players on URI rosters that got criticized for dominating the ball - Russell, Freeman, Dawan Robinson - played for losing teams, or teams on the downswing when they were being criticized. But usually, when guys get the green light like that, it means there are deficiencies elsewhere on the roster.
Yeah I don’t mind it either especially if we have good players to set up for shots , it’s key he needs to be able to hit an open jumper too
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

ramster wrote: 9 months ago Team Takeover beats Boo Williams tonight to go to 5-0 and finished their Bracket undefeated headed into Saturday's 12pm game in the 8 Team, Single Elimination Bracket vs Drive Nation (4-1)

I believe Mokan Elite's star is Always Wright's brother All.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Billyboy78 wrote: 9 months ago
ramster wrote: 9 months ago Team Takeover beats Boo Williams tonight to go to 5-0 and finished their Bracket undefeated headed into Saturday's 12pm game in the 8 Team, Single Elimination Bracket vs Drive Nation (4-1)

I believe Mokan Elite's star is Always Wright's brother All.
Yes and no

The last 8 teams remaining are the EYBL. All Wright does not play on that Mokan Elite Team.

Nike started EYCL which is a lesser group of teams - All Wright plays on the other Mokan Team that is in EYCL. He is scoring and playing well in EYCL. His stats are in the website.

He is listed in the Box Scores as Andre Wright. This is also All Wright. He goes by both names.

Stats are in PIT for the 17 EYCL Teams. Known for Play-In Tournament.

0 x
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

Ben and Team Takeover currently beating Mokan Elite at halftime of the Peach Jam Semi-Finals 36-26. Many consider these two teams to be the best in the tournament and the de facto finals

Ben having one of his best games of the tournament. Leads Team Takeover with 9 points at half. Also has 4 asts and 2 rebs.

Game is streaming on the NBA App if anyones looking to tune in
3 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Hammond looked fantastic today. Ended up with 17 and 5

As Lane said NBA tv is streaming the games and it’s also on Fubu
3 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

1 x
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

ESPNU at 4pm to check out Ben Hammond.
0 x
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

Team Takeover and Ben losing 41-40 at half. Some HIGH
MAJOR basketball being played. Great game to tune into.

Ben has 4pts and 8asts at half. His teammate and Duke commit, Darren Harris leads team takeover with 23 points
0 x
Rhodysk
ARD

Unread post by Rhodysk »

Ok got to watch mr Hammond on ESPNU at the peach jam championship. Wow!!!! Arichie take a bow. This kid may be small but feisty. By far he will be the new fan favorite for his effort and great play.
He is not gonna score 40 points a game but he is going to do all the dirty work that isn’t in the box score.
I see him as a tone setter in practice. The soft ones will complain but you better fall in line with this kid or he is going to aggravate you all practice long.
Great job Archie and staff!!!
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

2 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
RIrugger01
Jeff Kent

Unread post by RIrugger01 »

Post game the announcers were praising Ben, saying his defense and ability to distribute the ball were keys to Take Over winning the championship
2 x
sevegny7
Art Stephenson

Unread post by sevegny7 »

I was very much impressed with the way hammond played in eybl finals and tourney overall. Very excited to watch him throughout the year.

He is playing against high level power 5 recruits every game he plays which could make the adjustment to the college game a bit easier one would hope!

Could be point guard of future? He reminds me alot of fatts.
1 x
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

2 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

I love this kid already!

4 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Last edited by Billyboy78 9 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

This kid just wins.

1 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

RIrugger01 wrote: 9 months ago Post game the announcers were praising Ben, saying his defense and ability to distribute the ball were keys to Take Over winning the championship
Man, I'm so excited about Ben, this is exactly what we can use
2 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

2 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

He is fun to watch!

Let’s goooooooooooooo
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

steveystuds06 wrote: 9 months ago
Wow.

We usually do not get dudes like that at PG.
0 x
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

Not to rain on any parades here, as I watched a bunch of Bens games at Peach Jam and he looks great. I just find it important to surround positives and negatives of any player with context.

Important to remember Ben was playing/surrounded with multiple Top 100 players.

He has a great skill set as a floor general. Will need the right surrounding cast to use that ability to it’s fullest
0 x