URI Quad

Off-Topic News, Music, TV, Movies, Tech, etc.
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

URI Quad

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Never seen it nicer y’all really ought to go see it. Grass is phenomenal all set up for this weekend!
3 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
OBRAM
Art Stephenson

Re: URI Quad

Unread post by OBRAM »

I think it is the prettiest I of any college I have ever seen.
Thanks you the original designers. Frederick Law Olmsted, I believe, or at least his firm.
2 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

hrstrat57 wrote: 11 months ago Never seen it nicer y’all really ought to go see it. Grass is phenomenal all set up for this weekend!
In the early 70s it was a quagmire whenever it rained I’m glad it’s in good shape now.
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
Maine66
Abdul Fox

Unread post by Maine66 »

Originally the Quad was surrounded by elm trees which were felled by Dutch Elm Disease. The current trees were planted in either the late 50's or early 60's. They were quite small when I attended in the early to mid 60's and the Quad had a bare feeling. I agree with the previous posters that the Quad has become truly beautiful and a perfect background to Commencement. Uri has done a nice job in the overall campus landscaping.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

hrstrat57 wrote: 11 months ago Never seen it nicer y’all really ought to go see it. Grass is phenomenal all set up for this weekend!
That's good news because it seemed to be in pretty rough shape in the summer and fall when I checked it out
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 11 months ago
That's good news because it seemed to be in pretty rough shape in the summer and fall when I checked it out
Here it is now
93B55952-38AD-410F-935C-510C12BC829E.jpeg
E5EBA502-E4C3-4AC5-B1BE-35DA4BE3BA0C.jpeg
9DF384C8-6CBB-4017-B4F9-8D8446DEC472.jpeg
2 x
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by KeaneyBluBallz »

igr.png
1 x
:lol:
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

KeaneyBluBallz wrote: 11 months ago igr.png
2A5D7969-2357-4F9E-A04B-F0270E173F01.jpeg
2A5D7969-2357-4F9E-A04B-F0270E173F01.jpeg (15.58 KiB) Viewed 3063 times
Rain will help the grass

Rain is scheduled for 12pm or 1pm Saturday from what I could see a couple days out.
Graduation is scheduled for 10am
1 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Walking the campus yesterday I did not see a single dandelion. They’ve been mercilessly slaughtered. The grass on all the main walkways is as nice as I’ve seen.

What’s the deal with the owners of the 2 private homes who refuse to cut the grass? Need to drop off some goats.
0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

hrstrat57 wrote: 11 months ago Walking the campus yesterday I did not see a single dandelion. They’ve been mercilessly slaughtered. The grass on all the main walkways is as nice as I’ve seen.

What’s the deal with the owners of the 2 private homes who refuse to cut the grass? Need to drop off some goats.
Isn't the lack of dandelions what's killing off the bees? Not that there's anything wrong with that...
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Landscape has definitely improved over the years. We are fortunate to have an awesome quad and site design for the campus.
1 x
GO RAMS
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Saturday
May 20 10am
Main Commencement Ceremony
URI Quadrangle

Looking at the weather outside...yuck. What do they do? Just suck it up and sit in the rain?
My daughter just yesterday bought me a fluorescent orange and yellow bucket hat. Wore it to the post office this morning (but, if you saw a dude with a fluorescent bucket hat, shorts, sandals + socks, and a white dog...that was my doppelganger, not me). Perfect hat for outdoor graduation...I should stand at the end of my driveway and offer it to someone on the way in...just have 'em put a rock in it for weight and toss it into my yard on the way back outta town. Another thing that goes good with rainy outdoor ceremonies...giant cups of (Irish) coffee...I think...
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Wonder why they don't move it to the Ryan Center?
We knew the weather was going to be bad
Smart move by Baseball to move Saturday's game to Friday as a doubleheader.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

ramster wrote: 11 months ago Wonder why they don't move it to the Ryan Center?
Maybe they did? Was just asking.... actually could they fit that many people in the Ry? I feel bad for these folks, was a beautiful day when our daughter graduated

https://www.uri.edu/about/quadcams/
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 11 months ago
Maybe they did? Was just asking.... actually could they fit that many people in the Ry? I feel bad for these folks, was a beautiful day when our daughter graduated

UPDATE – Saturday 11:15 a.m. – Due to weather, the College of Arts and Sciences commencement ceremony will move to the Ryan Center. It will still begin at noon. Shuttle buses are available at Memorial Union and behind Carothers Library.

https://web.uri.edu/commencement/y2023/
0 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Sad. All those perfect days in a row and fantastic preparations…

This group of pandemic survivor grads, family and friends deserved a perfect day.

What a shame.
1 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

ramster wrote: 11 months ago
NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 11 months ago

UPDATE – Saturday 11:15 a.m. – Due to weather, the College of Arts and Sciences commencement ceremony will move to the Ryan Center. It will still begin at noon. Shuttle buses are available at Memorial Union and behind Carothers Library.

https://web.uri.edu/commencement/y2023/
Can we rename the library? How about the Eddy Eddy Library? Just about the same.
0 x