2023-24 Rotation

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Re: 2023-24 Rotation

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

SGreenwell wrote: 2 months ago I'd obviously like to keep Estevez, but there's a pretty huge gulf between the top three in that table and everyone else. I think he's got a good future ahead of him, but I think as more of a solid or plus regular, not an All-Conference type of player. If he wanted to transfer after this year, it would probably be to a lateral or worse program.

I kind of think this is the case for everyone on our roster, though. We don't have a Leggett-like star that's going to garner attention from a power conference. If guys are transferring, it'll probably be because its not a fit here, or because they want more minutes, like Thomas is getting at Albany and how Hutchinson and Tchikou and others attempted to transfer down for more playing time.
I personally think Cam could be an all conference player by his Junior year. More of a 3rd teamer… He’s going to be a very very good scorer at that point and if he improves his defensive game he could be one of the better guards. But ya I don’t see him getting picked up by a high major if he left this year. If he makes a big jump sophomore year I’ll be worried… If Fuchs sticks around, he could lead the entire conference in rebounding at some point. Hes already averaging 7 and 7 as a freshman… It wouldn’t surprise me if he was averaging a double double in the near future as he develops. We’ll see.
1 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

This is one of the reasons we MUST finish the season strong. If effects our core players and our recruiting battles. No one wants to be at a program that is down for a period of time and not looking as if they are getting better. A losing finish will make it easier for players to think the “grass is greener” elsewhere. For this reason I, think the remainder of the season is critical for us a!
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

McRam wrote: 2 months ago This is one of the reasons we MUST finish the season strong. If effects our core players and our recruiting battles. No one wants to be at a program that is down for a period of time and not looking as if they are getting better. A losing finish will make it easier for players to think the “grass is greener” elsewhere. For this reason I, think the remainder of the season is critical for us a!
I don’t disagree, a strong finish with good effort from the players would put a positive spin on the program going into the off-season. I think that momentum will carry over to the following season. Archie needs to keep the best players on the court that gives us the best opportunity to win.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Jersey77 wrote: 2 months ago
McRam wrote: 2 months ago This is one of the reasons we MUST finish the season strong. If effects our core players and our recruiting battles. No one wants to be at a program that is down for a period of time and not looking as if they are getting better. A losing finish will make it easier for players to think the “grass is greener” elsewhere. For this reason I, think the remainder of the season is critical for us a!
I don’t disagree, a strong finish with good effort from the players would put a positive spin on the program going into the off-season. I think that momentum will carry over to the following season. Archie needs to keep the best players on the court that gives us the best opportunity to win.
Yes definitely critical these last 8 games I’m hoping 4-4 or better 3-5 or worse would get me too excited
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

reef wrote: 2 months ago
Jersey77 wrote: 2 months ago
Yes definitely critical these last 8 games I’m hoping 4-4 or better 3-5 or worse would get me too excited
How would 3-5 or worse get you too excited? Shouldn’t you be pissed if we finish that poorly?
0 x
Go Rhody