20’ FL F David Green (LA Tech —> Rhode Island)

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
Dino611
Tom Garrick

20’ FL F David Green (LA Tech —> Rhode Island)

Unread post by Dino611 »

David Green
HT: 6’7”
Wt: 215
Years of eligibility: Between 2/3 years (was injured last years so idk tbh)

Offers out of HS:
Hofstra (committed to in June 2019)
St. Bonaventure
College of Charleston
Old Dominion
FIU
McNesse

Transfer interest (in 2021):
LA Tech (committed)
Can’t find any other teams (if anyone could help that’d be clutch)

Transfer interest (in 2023):
URI (Visited this weekend)
Jacksonville St

(Only two teams I could find that he visited)

Averaged 7.3 pts , 3 boards and 35% from 3

Some highlights

https://www.youtube.com/live/8G01CQzC2p8?feature=share
Last edited by Dino611 1 year ago, edited 2 times in total.
0 x
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Re: 20’ FL F David Green (LA Tech —> ???) (Official Visit)

Unread post by Dino611 »

Also is making his decision tomorrow, I’m not an astronomer or philosopher but with him visiting this past weekend you can put two and two together and align the stars

I’ll post it in here as well but while watching tape bored at work this was my opinion

Visited this weekend I heard

Played decently when Louisiana Tech had Kenny Lofton Jr

Transferred from Hofstra

Averaged 7.3 pts/ game 3 boards/ game and 35% from 3 in his last full year (2021-2022)

Very good in spacing the floor and shooting from distance and can play decent defense watching tape, but did get in foul trouble in the limited minutes he had

this is a bit of a worry to me because I’m concerned at the fact that this is the best the staff can get after Buru (or a major red flag as jcru would say). But also thinking about it more and more this is a guy that’s probably coming in and not demanding more than 15-20 mins/game

But in all honestly is a better shooter than anyone we had on the team last year and probably better than 95% of the bigs we had

Was told from a LA Tech fan/source I reached out to said that the new HC they hired didn’t get along with Green since he wasn’t one of the new Head Coaches players, so possibility for a mental waiver

Was also injured for most of the year so could get a waiver

In summary not a bad pickup if you want bring someone who can be decent (average 8 and 5) but at the same time have Rory stay and compete with decent minutes still (or could possibly beat out)

If any of you want an A10 comparison of what his game is like is Duquesne’s RJ Gunn
1 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

I guess he would be just an alright pickup, and would add depth to our roster.
His stats at Hofstra and La. Tech don't really excite me (decent 3 PT shooter) and these aren't exactly noted programs.
Maybe he is the best we can do at this time.
This isn't a player I see moving the needle.

Very concerning to me is that he wasn't listed on La. Tech's final roster22-23, a possible red flag.

Also the fact that there is a very good chance he would have to sit next season because being a 2-time transfer and the NCAA has changed the rules for immediate waivers.

I guess I was hoping we can do better and is this player worth taking the chance on.
If the staff thinks so, then okay, they certainly know more than me.
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Jersey77 wrote: 1 year ago I guess he would be just an alright pickup, and would add depth to our roster.
His stats at Hofstra and La. Tech don't really excite me (decent 3 PT shooter) and these aren't exactly noted programs.

Very concerning to me is that he wasn't listed on La. Tech's final roster22-23, a possible red flag.

Also the fact that there is a very good chance he would have to sit next season because being a 2-time transfer and the NCAA has changed the rules for immediate waivers.

I guess I was hoping we can do better and is this player worth taking the chance on.
Another serviceable role piece; muscular frame and 3 pt threat. This is the player I cryptically referenced last week as being a similar profile as Dalger. Jersey it looks like he got hurt about 5 games into last season. Maybe once he portaled they took him off the roster page. I like that we are stacking shooters but am fearful we don’t have many true alphas and unclear who will be a threat off the dribble besides House.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

bigappleram wrote: 1 year ago
Jersey77 wrote: 1 year ago I guess he would be just an alright pickup, and would add depth to our roster.

Another serviceable role piece; muscular frame and 3 pt threat. This is the player I cryptically referenced last week as being a similar profile as Dalger. Jersey it looks like he got hurt about 5 games into last season. Maybe once he portaled they took him off the roster page. I like that we are stacking shooters but am fearful we don’t have many true alphas and unclear who will be a threat off the dribble besides House.
I would much prefer Dalger and curious when Green entered the portal and if he finished the season still on the team.

Also a good chance that he won't be available next season is concerning.

I guess after missing out on some other targets and especially Pride and Buru recently, this seems a little bit of a let down.
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Jersey77 wrote: 1 year ago

I would much prefer Dalger and curious when Green entered the portal and if he finished the season still on the team.

I guess after missing out on some other targets and especially Pride and Buru recently, this seems a little bit of a let down.
I won’t disagree with the letdown part. I assume Dalger is out of picture now as they do profile similarly. I gotta think the staff is confident they can clear him for eligibility immediately bc if not then this makes zero sense.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

I won’t disagree with the letdown part. I assume Dalger is out of picture now as they do profile similarly. I gotta think the staff is confident they can clear him for eligibility immediately bc if not then this makes zero sense.
All the question marks about him is what worries me.
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Ya I don’t see how they would bring him on if he’s not eligible. The way I look at it is we brought on so many guys that made zero impact at the D1 level last year and it was brutal to watch…At least we know a kid like this shot 34% from 3 and averaged 7 a game in the conference USA. He’s a role piece. We clearly aren’t gonna land any home runs at this point… Lets hope Brown Zek and House are all great gets.
3 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

steveystuds06 wrote: 1 year ago

Ya I don’t see how they would bring him on if he’s not eligible. The way I look at it is we brought on so many guys that made zero impact at the D1 level last year and it was brutal to watch…At least we know a kid like this shot 34% from 3 and averaged 7 a game in the conference USA. He’s a role piece. We clearly aren’t gonna land any home runs at this point… Lets hope Brown Zek and House are all great gets.
Yeah Stevey I hope so, but there are no guarantees on how the NCAA may rule.
Especially now when they are trying to crack down on multiple transfers.

I remember how disappointed the previous staff was when Walker was denied immediate eligibility, but he was worth the wait till 2nd semester. Just not sure I would elevate Green's ability to his level.
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Well this seems like a done deal seeing as his twitter profile pic is him with his parents donning our beautiful Keaney Blues 😂
0 x
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

I remember how disappointed the previous staff was when Walker was denied immediate eligibility, but he was worth the wait till 2nd semester. Just not sure I would elevate Green's ability to his level.
Injured for most of last year so I think he could get a waiver
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Dino611 wrote: 1 year ago

Injury and only playing 6 games can get you a medical hardship waiver for an additional year.
But not sure that has anything to do with getting immediate play being a multi-transfer.

Also what were the circumstances he left and not being listed on their roster?
Did he leave the team prior to the end of the season and why?
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

If we add him, he potentially adds 3 point shooting, so that’s a good thing because we can always use it. Other than that, for the time being, he appears to me to be an average A10 level talent that can come off the bench as a regular rotation piece - unless Archie and the staff can coach him up above my projection.
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Injury and only playing 6 games can get you a medical hardship waiver for an additional year.
But not sure that has anything to do with getting immediate play being a multi-transfer.

Yeah if he only played six games last year because of an injury then he's in really good shape to get a waiver. I'd be shocked if he didn't.

That would essentially mean he would have to sit two years to play. No way he's not eligible immediately.
1 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

I'm not into the Capri pants look, that's for sure. lol

Do something about that.
0 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

We’ve had decent success with lefties
0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

PeterRamTime wrote: 1 year ago

Yeah if he only played six games last year because of an injury then he's in really good shape to get a waiver. I'd be shocked if he didn't.

That would essentially mean he would have to sit two years to play. No way he's not eligible immediately.
So you are saying he would be a guaranteed an immediate waiver if he commits to us.
Hope you are right.
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

So you are saying he would be a guaranteed an immediate waiver if he commits to us.
Hope you are right.
I cant imagine in the one time transfer era they wouldnt just let a dude play who essentially redshirted last year.
0 x
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

Looks like a higher floor, lower ceiling type of player. No issue with that. We need a higher floor.
3 x
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

Hope you are right.
Also like mentioned above the new HC that LA tech and green didn’t see eye to eye hence why he transferred so possibility of mental waiver
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Hope you are right.
Also like mentioned above the new HC that LA tech and green didn’t see eye to eye hence why he transferred so possibility of mental waiver
Mental waiver huh, like Bray? :roll:

He is from Florida, so moving to Rhode Island would cure that.

Just teasing, if he comes I hope it works out for him and us.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Video looks decent especially @ this stage in the process , lefty that can shoot the 3 and get some hoops in the paint , should be a piece of the rotation
0 x
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

Everything is relative, at this stage in the game he looks to be an improvement over what we had last year. And I think that is the case for the overall talent and experience level of the new players… the question now is how well will the pieces fit?
0 x
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

Hope you are right.
Mental waiver huh, like Bray? :roll:

He is from Florida, so moving to Rhode Island would cure that.

Just teasing, if he comes I hope it works out for him and us.
Good one Jersey 😂😂

Did some more research and found more players transferred before their season ended
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

So, would he have 3 years of eligibility? Covid year and a medical redshirt year?
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 year ago So, would he have 3 years of eligibility? Covid year and a medical redshirt year?
Only if it was a season ending injury.
Not if he didn't play or left the team due to other circumstances.
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

The lack of other quality programs being interested is a bit of a red flag here for me. Hoping for the best either way!
1 x
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by CamsRams »

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 year ago So, would he have 3 years of eligibility? Covid year and a medical redshirt year?
Only if it was a season ending injury.
Not if he didn't play or left the team due to other circumstances.
Ok, so let’s assume two years.
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Said he was committing at 5pm

It's been 5pm eastern and Central
0 x
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

Changed his profile pic on Twitter. No more Rhody visit picture.
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

His agent must have received a last minute higher NIL $ bid, perhaps. Now waiting for our counter offer, maybe.

Has Rhody posted the GM position yet ?
Last edited by Jdrums#3 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

5pm mountain time?
0 x
Ramfan22
ARD

Unread post by Ramfan22 »

Maybe he’s committing 5PM Hawaiian time 😂. Either way thought he would have committed to Rhode Island now, he had that profile picture from the visit and changed it. Could Rhode Island be holding him off and getting Tim Dalger or someone else to visit?
0 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

Jdrums#3 wrote: 1 year ago His agent must have received a last minute higher NIL $ bid, perhaps. Now waiting for our counter offer, maybe.

I said that I was fine with him.

Probably gave it the 'kiss of death'.
2 x
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

jcru wrote: 1 year ago
Jdrums#3 wrote: 1 year ago His agent must have received a last minute higher NIL $ bid, perhaps. Now waiting for our counter offer, maybe.

Hahaha
1 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

What the fly on the office wall saw:

Tim Dalger: "Ok, so I'll be out there for a visit this weekend. Can't wait. See you then."

a minute later. *riiiing*

David Green: "I'm ready to commit, baby. Where do I sign?"

URI recruiter: yeah, about that... we'll let you know next Monday.
3 x
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

Guess the graphic designer is taking his time, felt like he would’ve deleted his insta story if he changed his mind lol outta nowhere

Or we could’ve misunderstood the date and he was talking about Wednesday but who tf knows at this point
Last edited by Dino611 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Did someone ELSE slide into Archie’s DM??
1 x
GO RAMS
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

If we lose this recruiting battle, I can't wait to see what school it is this time.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

CamsRams wrote: 1 year ago Changed his profile pic on Twitter. No more Rhody visit picture.
I'm still seeing that pic.
0 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

The new pic is a skull with eyeballs.

I thought maybe he was going to join the Oakland Raiders
2 x
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

jcru wrote: 1 year ago The new pic is a skull with eyeballs.

I thought maybe he was going to join the Oakland Raiders
He’s now changed IG profile to the Joker. Fun!
Last edited by CamsRams 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

ElmCityRhody wrote: 1 year agoYawn
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

jcru wrote: 1 year ago

You summoned the Rhody jinx with your comment. Better call a priest. :lol:
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 year ago If we lose this recruiting battle, I can't wait to see what school it is this time.
Whatsamatta U.

I remember they had a good team when I was growing up. Rocky and Bullwinkle played for them, I think.
1 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

We can sign 100 David Greens ..if we are in the mix for a better player I say take that risk 100% of the time..
3 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Well this is interesting!

With the profile pic change

He hasn't committed when he said he would... maybe we indeed have someone else on the docket
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

PeterRamTime wrote: 1 year ago Well this is interesting!

With the profile pic change

He hasn't committed when he said he would... maybe we indeed have someone else on the docket
Or he has a better offer.
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Shooooow meeeee the moneeeeeeey!

I can say it but I can’t do the dance like I used to. :lol:
0 x