20’ FL F David Green (LA Tech —> Rhode Island)

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Re: 20’ FL F David Green (LA Tech —> Rhode Island)

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Billyboy78 wrote: 4 months ago
PeterRamTime wrote: 4 months ago
steveystuds06 wrote: 4 months ago

Yup, this is the guy that literally every single person said has stood out at practice. Our coach, our assistants, any fan that watched our practices in the offseason, Disano. ETC... He was also the player that went off in the scrimmage...

The Conference USA has some legitimate talent, and our team doesn't. Zek and Ish averaged 8 pts the year before putting up big numbers. It is possible that Green has taken a step forward this year just like a million other players have before... It will take him time to get back into game shape, but we could use a 3 and D forward BADLY. He's only going to help...
Not allowed to speculate something positive may come out of David Green playing Stevey. You are now flagged for OVERHYPE.

The sky is falling sir, get with the program!

Dont you dare even discuss the possibility that adding David Green to the fold will help us out.
I said he'd probably help us out. But we're still a really bad team even if he's really good.
Well yeah, even if he's really good and NO ONE else gets their shit together then duh.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

But if there's a guy that can score the basketball, that could be at least a little funner to watch?
1 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Sure looks like David Green with a headband on making a lay up on in the new Rhody instagram post 👀
2 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

PeterRamTime wrote: 4 months ago Sure looks like David Green with a headband on making a lay up on in the new Rhody instagram post 👀
Yep definitely him, I saw the #23 as well. Great to see he is back practicing at least. Seems like it shouldn't be long now.
4 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 4 months ago But if there's a guy that can score the basketball, that could be at least a little funner to watch?
Gimme more buckets. Any kind of buckets. Pack up the packline, gimme buckets.

Puhleez…
2 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
Shinze88
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Shinze88 »

I'm excited to once again see "GREEN" on the back of a URI basketball jersey. I hope he can bring 1/2 as much joy and excitement that Kenny did.
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

This was the bench at Delaware game UBS Arena

IMG_1493.jpeg
IMG_1492.jpeg
2 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

adam914 wrote: 4 months ago
PeterRamTime wrote: 4 months ago Sure looks like David Green with a headband on making a lay up on in the new Rhody instagram post 👀
Yep definitely him, I saw the #23 as well. Great to see he is back practicing at least. Seems like it shouldn't be long now.
Yeah we may not see him tomorrow, but it definitely indicates the knee isn't that big of a deal and they are hitting the ground running as far as getting him back into the fold.
2 x
PlayMikeMotenMore
Tom Garrick

Unread post by PlayMikeMotenMore »

Yup, this is the guy that literally every single person said has stood out at practice. Our coach, our assistants, any fan that watched our practices in the offseason, Disano. ETC... He was also the player that went off in the scrimmage...

The Conference USA has some legitimate talent, and our team doesn't. Zek and Ish averaged 8 pts the year before putting up big numbers. It is possible that Green has taken a step forward this year just like a million other players have before... It will take him time to get back into game shape, but we could use a 3 and D forward BADLY. He's only going to help...
Not allowed to speculate something positive may come out of David Green playing Stevey. You are now flagged for OVERHYPE.

Dont you dare even discuss the possibility that adding David Green to the fold will help us out.
I said he'd probably help us out. But we're still a really bad team even if he's really good.
Correct, the kid can probably help the frontcourt and the team. However, as Billy states, it doesn't make you or me or anybody else who holds back on their enthusiasm on any newcomer as a jerk, or being judgmental. We are just tempering our expectations. The reality is the team is not strong right now. If folks want to pray that he's a "savior" (whatever that means as it relates to the 2023-24 season), then have at it.
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

I am interested in seeing how Archie handles the rotation with Green playing. Does he go one big with Green ? Does he go 2 bigs plus Green ? Will the rotation be matchup dependent ?
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

PlayMikeMotenMore wrote: 4 months ago

Correct, the kid can probably help the frontcourt and the team. However, as Billy states, it doesn't make you or me or anybody else who holds back on their enthusiasm on any newcomer as a jerk, or being judgmental. We are just tempering our expectations. The reality is the team is not strong right now. If folks want to pray that he's a "savior" (whatever that means as it relates to the 2023-24 season), then have at it.
Hahaha I said

Please save us David Green amen 🙏 in the wake of the awful Delaware game.

It's obviously not a serious fuckin post, but you and others decide to be a-holes for absolutely no reason and read into shit that's not there.

You were literally being a jerk and judegmental 🤣

Oh and condescending of course.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

ramster wrote: 4 months ago This was the bench at Delaware game UBS Arena

IMG_1493.jpegIMG_1492.jpeg
He got rid of the dreads ?
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

reef wrote: 4 months ago

Been that way for weeks
0 x
Go Rhody
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Rhody15 wrote: 4 months ago
reef wrote: 4 months ago

Been that way for weeks
Time will tell if the right call or not
0 x
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

Does anyone know if there was a definitive reason announced by Archie announced as to why DG did not play vs UNH ?(or apparently not even suited up
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

McRam wrote: 4 months ago Does anyone know if there was a definitive reason announced by Archie announced as to why DG did not play vs UNH ?(or apparently not even suited up
0 x
rjv
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by rjv »

if he has to work himself back into practice and playing shape and has a bad ankle that could be an issue. I believe someone said during the NH game he was struggling to walk to bench. How long will he be out
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

rjv wrote: 4 months ago if he has to work himself back into practice and playing shape and has a bad ankle that could be an issue. I believe someone said during the NH game he was struggling to walk to bench. How long will he be out
Yeah, that was me. He was limping pretty badly.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

rjv wrote: 4 months ago if he has to work himself back into practice and playing shape and has a bad ankle that could be an issue. I believe someone said during the NH game he was struggling to walk to bench. How long will he be out
Who knows, I guess he will play when he plays. ;)
1 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Jersey77 wrote: 4 months ago
Who knows, I guess he will play when he plays. ;)
That’s right, Jersey. Well said.

I thought on the pregame Steve said that he would or could play against NE or for the Joe’s game at the latest. I figured, Steve has to have good sources so he must know. So, that’s some good news!

Then, the next day we are hearing differently.

I give up. It’s not worth thinking about it any further.
0 x
ram1980
Art Stephenson

Unread post by ram1980 »

May want to stop recruiting players with injury histories.(Weston, Bilau, Green) Unfortunately some players have trouble avoiding the injury bug.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

In the post game presser Arch made it sound like it would be awhile , hopefully by conference we can get one or more of DF DG and JB back
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

reef wrote: 4 months ago In the post game presser Arch made it sound like it would be awhile , hopefully by conference we can get one or more of DF DG and JB back
I didn't hear him give an indication in the presser that he would be back at all. Has he definitively said he will be?
I keep hearing that once denied, Green "took another direction" (or something like that)...and I haven't heard anything confirming that that direction includes playing this year at all. Everyone looking in from the outside seems to think it's obvious he's gonna play this year. Has Arch actually said that he will?
0 x
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 4 months ago
reef wrote: 4 months ago In the post game presser Arch made it sound like it would be awhile , hopefully by conference we can get one or more of DF DG and JB back
I didn't hear him give an indication in the presser that he would be back at all. Has he definitively said he will be?
I keep hearing that once denied, Green "took another direction" (or something like that)...and I haven't heard anything confirming that that direction includes playing this year at all. Everyone looking in from the outside seems to think it's obvious he's gonna play this year. Has Arch actually said that he will?
You might be on to something. Archie’s answer seems almost similar to the answer he gave about Ant last year. The reporters are so bad and simply do not ask the “tough” relevant questions. Regardless, I wish Archie was more forthcoming in his answers.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

McRam wrote: 4 months ago
NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 4 months ago
You might be on to something. Archie’s answer seems almost similar to the answer he gave about Ant last year. The reporters are so bad and simply do not ask the “tough” relevant questions. Regardless, I wish Archie was more forthcoming in his answers.
Right, has anyone asked him, "do you expect DG to play this year?"
Maybe it's been asked somewhere somehow differently and everyone knows.
I'm not a gambler, so I wouldn't, but at this point, would anyone wager money that he actually plays this season?
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

A couple of weeks ago, he said when conference play rolls around, it could be a different story. He also said he'd do what's best for the team and what's best for David (could those be 2 different things?) But this was all before the 'tweaked' ankle. So, who knows?
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Well Green was definitely playing full speed in practice. It at least looked like it in that instagram post. Making a layup while someone was guarding him.

Remember, his issue was a knee.

Then someone here said he was walking gingerly at the game and we hear something about an ankle.

Sure looks like he was going to play, or was very close to playing and then he tweaked his ankle. We can't have nice things. DG is no doubt the only one of these two time transfers that is not playing yet. We are just cursed.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

PeterRamTime wrote: 4 months ago Well Green was definitely playing full speed in practice. It at least looked like it in that instagram post. Making a layup while someone was guarding him.

Then someone here said he was walking gingerly at the game and we hear something about an ankle.

Sure looks like he was going to play, or was very close to playing and then he tweaked his ankle. We can't have nice things. DG is no doubt the only one of these two time transfers that is not playing yet. We are just cursed.
Jalen Haynes (GM) who was a much higher touted transfer than Green also hasn't played yet.
But GM is playing well in his absence so who know what will be with him for this season.
1 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

PeterRamTime wrote: 4 months ago Well Green was definitely playing full speed in practice. It at least looked like it in that instagram post. Making a layup while someone was guarding him.

Jalen Haynes (GM) who was a much higher touted transfer than Green also hasn't played yet.
But GM is playing well in his absence so who know what will be with him for this season.
I see

But its still so us, that he's hurt after magically getting eligible.

Oh and Bilau is a really good big man, but he can't stay healthy. Fuchs gets an awful concussion.

The entire team has zero confidence.

Archie's substitution patters are insane.

Everything that can go wrong has gone wrong....so is it time things start going right?
1 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

I see

Oh and Bilau is a really good big man, but he can't stay healthy. Fuchs gets an awful concussion.

Everything that can go wrong has gone wrong....so is it time things start going right?
I sure hope so.
Either Archie had overstated the talent on this team, or you can question his coaching and ability to get his message across to the players.
But it is time to start winning, NOW.
I didn't expect a whole lot this season, but I did expect a big improvement and for us to be competitive.
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

I see

I sure hope so.
Either Archie had overstated the talent on this team, or you can question his coaching and ability to get his message across to the players.
I didn't expect a whole lot this season, but I did expect a big improvement and for us to be competitive.
I actually think there is talent on this team. It's easy to forget, but they have played well at times this year.

We aren't close to the same team we saw in those first three games. No way do we blow out CCSU, Fairfield and Wagner right now.

Yale just gave Kansas a game, they led them for 20 minutes! In Allen fieldhouse and we were able to dominate that same Yale team in the second half and win. Even when we came back against NW. We haven't shown that much fight in these last few games.

It sure feels like this is on Archie mismanaging the roster and not knowing how to coach them through adversity. A lot of that has to do with his coaching philosophy and I think he's never had to rebuild a program like this so there are certain situations he's not used to.

When I say there's a coaching philosophy issue, it's because we don't play an aggressive style of defense. The players can't execute the pack line yet so it's just soft and we don't disrupt and impose our will on the other team at all. Usually when you play the Browns and the UNH's of the world you can just out athlete them. We play so damn passive that we've given all these teams a chance to dominate us. Couple that with having zero confidence, injuries, crazy lineup changes and you have a recipe for disaster. Some of it is an effort issue, because we played pretty good D against PC for instance, but I think the more that's went wrong the more the players check out and their effort and attention to detail suffers.

I dont think we would have lost to Brown or UNH had we played them after the first 3 games. No way.

I really think this team just needs wins. I mean obviously, but it really feels like if they can just break through and win this Northeastern game they can start to turn things around. Basketball is as much of a confidence sport as any. Can't do shit if you don't have any.
1 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

I see

PRT, it sounds like we need Kyrie Irving to come over to Kingston and burn some of that sage and spread the smoke around the Ryan Ctr, the locker room, the practice facility and coaches offices to clear out the bad juju.

Or, bring someone in to do an exorcism. :lol:
2 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I see

I sure hope so.
That’s a really good point , I think it’s a combo of both things you mentioned
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

PeterRamTime wrote: 4 months ago Please save us David Green

Amen 🙏
PRAYER ANSWERED

🖕PMMM
2 x
PlayMikeMotenMore
Tom Garrick

PeterRamTime wrote: 3 months ago

Amen 🙏
PRAYER ANSWERED

🖕PMMM
I'm happy you're happy about David Green. I'm glad he's playing well thus far thru 2 games. And I'm happy anytime URI wins. I guess, in your opinion, the season has been saved based on wins over Northeastern and St. Joe's? If you've determined that to be the case, that's your prerogative. I won't debate you.

I'll just say, for me personally, I'm waiting 4 years to pass judgment on Archie and I'll wait until the end of the season to pass judgment on David Green, any URI player evaluation, and the totality of the 2023-24 season...(as opposed to the folks who trashed URI, Archie, certain players etc. after a loss to Brown and then UNH and now those same people are telling the URI world how wonderful things are in basketball-land.)

Archie and URI has my 100% support.

Lesson for life. Things are never as good or as bad as people think they are.

Go Rhody! Go David Green! (Go Kenny Green and Go Andre Green!)
2 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

theblueram wrote: 4 months ago
theblueram wrote: 4 months ago Are we talking about this guy? A transfer from LA Tech? Who had offers from us and Jacksonville State? Who averaged 7 pts a game? CMONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN. This is who everyone is waiting for to play????????

David Green
HT: 6’7”
Wt: 215
Years of eligibility: Between 2/3 years (was injured last years so idk tbh)

Offers out of HS:
Hofstra (committed to in June 2019)
St. Bonaventure
College of Charleston
Old Dominion
FIU
McNesse

Transfer interest (in 2021):
LA Tech (committed)
Can’t find any other teams (if anyone could help that’d be clutch)

Transfer interest (in 2023):
URI (Visited this weekend)
Jacksonville St

(Only two teams I could find that he visited)

Averaged 7.3 pts , 3 boards and 35% from 3

Sorry Stevey, this guy sounds like A10 nothing. Injured and hasn't played high level hoops. This team is a basket of misfits.
He did not look like an A10 nothing tonight Blueram!! Let's see how he does the rest of the way but we cleary are a better team with him on the floor.
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Sounds like DG family was @ the game someone asked him in the presser
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

reef wrote: 3 months ago Sounds like DG family was @ the game someone asked him in the presser
Reef,
Where did you see the presser? I only saw the Miller post game press event.

As I mentioned in the game thread, as soon as the game ended David Green sprinted to section 109 and gave a hug to who might have been his mom? Wasn’t sure as I could see that well. But what a wonderful thing to have been approved to be able to play this season. Heartwarming to see how he reacted to the game, the moment and to having family present.
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

reef wrote: 3 months ago Sounds like DG family was @ the game someone asked him in the presser
Yes, they were in section 109.
1 x
Brian
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Brian »

ramster wrote: 3 months ago
Reef,

As I mentioned in the game thread, as soon as the game ended David Green sprinted to section 109 and gave a hug to who might have been his mom? Wasn’t sure as I could see that well. But what a wonderful thing to have been approved to be able to play this season. Heartwarming to see how he reacted to the game, the moment and to having family present.
https://youtu.be/v9znb4GcKrM?si=qyUrKIeiln4IG5Kp
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Reef,

After the games on you tube Arch has his presser then a couple players do yesterday it was DG and Luis

For the womens it’s usually Tammi with a couple players together
1 x
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

reef wrote: 3 months ago
Reef,

After the games on you tube Arch has his presser then a couple players do yesterday it was DG and Luis

For the womens it’s usually Tammi with a couple players together
They are all available on YouTube.
1 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Reef,

This YouTube account has been good about posting all media availability
1 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Brian wrote: 3 months ago
Reef,

https://youtu.be/v9znb4GcKrM?si=qyUrKIeiln4IG5Kp
Thanks Brian,

I think I have watched this video 5 times now. David Green and Luis Kortright are great and the questions from the media were good too.
David’s family was in attendance and he said it meant a lot to him
Interesting how both players scoured the stats sheet that was provided to each of them at the start of the event. David looked at the sheet several times and made some facial expressions. I’d love to have heard a media member ask him what stands out to him on the stat sheet.

Luis said he has been out of the game 8 minutes when his number was called for the last play. He said DG told him before hand to get him the ball because his guy can’t guard him.

Both said practices have been very tough lately.
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 3 months ago
Reef,

This YouTube account has been good about posting all media availability
Agree, never been easier to catch these. Definitely put that in the "did something right" column.
3 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Interesting that Archie is already calling David 'the leader of the team'.
1 x
PlayMikeMotenMore
Tom Garrick

Amen 🙏
PRAYER ANSWERED

🖕PMMM
Pete...your post did not age well unfortunately.
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

PlayMikeMotenMore wrote: 1 month ago

Amen 🙏
PRAYER ANSWERED

🖕PMMM
Not even DG could rite this ship

Hope he's still in the boat next year though
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

PeterRamTime wrote: 1 month ago
PlayMikeMotenMore wrote: 1 month ago

PRAYER ANSWERED

🖕PMMM
Not even DG could rite this ship

Hope he's still in the boat next year though
Agree , can score in a variety of ways , if we can upgrade the talent around him we can be good
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Green seems to be one of the ones who has thrown in the towel defensively. When he gets the ball in his hands, he works hard, especially when he's driving to the basket. On defense he's standing up straight as he watches his guy drive by him for a layup. I saw it 3 times last night. I'm not sure he has a great attitude either.
1 x