20’ FL F David Green (LA Tech —> Rhode Island)

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
rhodyram22
ARD

Re: 20’ FL F David Green (LA Tech —> Rhode Island)

Unread post by rhodyram22 »

Rhody74 wrote: 4 months ago
Billyboy78 wrote: 4 months ago

I heard it too. Maybe in one of his media availabilities.
Yes. It's in the video I posted a couple of posts back.
I also recall Archie calling him the most talented player overall on the team. Maybe not at that media event but sometime this fall. If he’s ready to go by conference play we’ll be a different team.
I assume he's expected to make a big jump this year stats-wise like Zek. Excited to see him play!
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

I heard it too. Maybe in one of his media availabilities.
I also recall Archie calling him the most talented player overall on the team. Maybe not at that media event but sometime this fall. If he’s ready to go by conference play we’ll be a different team.
He sure did, but if he isn't an all-American, the second he sees the floor, the Keaneyblue bully will call you out about this statement. Watch out!

All joking aside, I think we are missing a pure shooter like Green. He also has a nice size. He will help. How much? Who knows? He may not peak until next year since he's clearly going to be behind. I watch every Lakers game, and guys that sit out for like a week need a few games to look like themselves, and they are NBA players. Green is going to be very rusty, so patience is key. Or maybe he'll go off immediately but good things like that never happen for Rhody lately!
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

I keep forgetting that he only played 6 games last season to, and not very much in those games. So a full calendar year since any game action at all and closer to 2 years since extended action. Likely to be rusty for sure.
2 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

steveystuds06 wrote: 4 months ago

He sure did, but if he isn't an all-American, the second he sees the floor, the Keaneyblue bully will call you out about this statement. Watch out!

All joking aside, I think we are missing a pure shooter like Green. He also has a nice size. He will help. How much? Who knows? He may not peak until next year since he's clearly going to be behind. I watch every Lakers game, and guys that sit out for like a week need a few games to look like themselves, and they are NBA players. Green is going to be very rusty, so patience is key. Or maybe he'll go off immediately but good things like that never happen for Rhody lately!
That's why it would be nice if we could get him some run in the UNH or Northeastern games.

If Bilau can look as good as he has after his injury history it's not that unlikely Green is pretty serviceable right away.

I think he could really complete the team.

He gives us much needed versatility. In today's age you can't have a good team without a stretch 4. A small forward/stretch 4 type that can put the ball on the floor, drive it and hit threes. We are really missing that type of player I think.

Where we can play with two bigs and not clog the lane, space the floor while guarding outside and inside more effectively.

Bilau
Green
Zek
House
Luis

Can't wait! Hope it works out.
0 x
rjv
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by rjv »

I just want to throw this out there.
in the video Millers said not exact works david make a decision to rest and recuperate his knee. Do you think he had a procedure done once he found out that his waiver was denied and may be our longer because of that...
Pure speculation hopefully more info will come out
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

rjv wrote: 4 months ago I just want to throw this out there.
in the video Millers said not exact works david make a decision to rest and recuperate his knee. Do you think he had a procedure done once he found out that his waiver was denied and may be our longer because of that...
Who knows, we have no media that gets information like that so we won't know til he plays.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Excellent theorization...
0 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

PeterRamTime wrote: 4 months ago
Who knows, we have no media that gets information like that so we won't know til he plays.
Well there’s the 5 cent Cigar…
0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

Looks like one of our lulls coming.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

My guess is this whole waiver thing caught Arch and DG off guard as Arch told him to take time off since he didn’t expect him

Who knows how his knee really is but I would expect him to start to ramp up to play soon
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

reef wrote: 4 months ago My guess is this whole waiver thing caught Arch and DG off guard as Arch told him to take time off since he didn’t expect him

Who knows how his knee really is but I would expect him to start to ramp up to play soon
Unless his knee got scoped or something like that?
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

I think the fact Archie didn't specifically say he had a procedure and he said Green is working out on his own makes it unlikely he had a procedure, but no guarantee
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Please save us David Green

Amen 🙏
0 x
PlayMikeMotenMore
Tom Garrick

Unread post by PlayMikeMotenMore »

PeterRamTime wrote: 4 months ago Please save us David Green

Amen 🙏
If you're counting on this David Green to be URI's savior, I think you'll be sorely disappointed. Last I checked, he's not projected to be a lottery pick. And even if he was, he could be the next Emoni Bates, who wasn't Eastern Michigan' savior either.

The hype attached to some of these kids on this message board is ridiculous.
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

PlayMikeMotenMore wrote: 4 months ago

Amen 🙏
If you're counting on this David Green to be URI's savior, I think you'll be sorely disappointed. Last I checked, he's not projected to be a lottery pick. And even if he was, he could be the next Emoni Bates, who wasn't Eastern Michigan' savior either.

I tend to agree with this. Unfortunately, the hype is being pushed by Archie, who said Green might be our best player. Archie also said that Fuchs would be one of the best freshman bigs in the country. But anway....if Green MIGHT be our best player, what does that mean? That he is slightly better than whoever our best current player is? That's not saying much. Green looked good in the scrimmage. Does that mean much? No. Can Green help us? Sure. Will he all of a sudden make us better on the defensive end? No. Will he make us a good team? I don't see it. Sorry.
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Amen 🙏

Yup.
0 x
Go Rhody
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Rhody15 wrote: 4 months ago

Amen 🙏

Yup.
Wait, I thought he was on the Wooden Award Watchlist? ...y'mean, he's not?
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Amen 🙏

Jesus Christ 🙄

In what way does my post indicate that I'm COUNTING ON HIM????

You and Rhody 15 will find any reason to be insufferable smug a-holes

It is truly a talent 😂

Heaving forbid I ask for a miracle!

You're acting like I posted

DAVID GREEN WILL SAVE US. HE'S AND ALL AMERICAN GUYS YOU JUST WAIT, NCAA HERE WE COME.
2 x
rhodyram22
ARD

Unread post by rhodyram22 »

Amen 🙏

Jesus Christ 🙄

It is truly a talent 😂

DAVID GREEN WILL SAVE US. HE'S AND ALL AMERICAN GUYS YOU JUST WAIT, NCAA HERE WE COME.
Exactly Peter, you can't say anything on this forum without someone twisting your words.
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Also, what hype are you a-holes talking about???

Saying he could be our best player on our shitty team means that he's being overhyped?? Are you f'n delusional?

What over the top expectations have been placed on David Green? Please list them?

Somehow "hey he might be our best player, so he could change the course of the season if he's eligible"

Means "David Green is taking us to the NCAA tournament. He's a lottery pick" Please explain that logic.
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

rhodyram22 wrote: 4 months ago

Jesus Christ 🙄

It is truly a talent 😂

Exactly Peter, you can't say anything on this forum without someone twisting your words.
I'm literally saying a PRAYER, practically asking for a miracle from the basketball gods and they're accusing me of overhyping him 😂😂😂
2 x
DevRam
Kenny Green

Unread post by DevRam »

0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

David Green is cleared to play, per Adam Bernstein.
2 x
GO RAMS
rjv
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by rjv »

cleared to play and being able to play 2 different things
1 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

The fact that he is not playing speaks to something else, in my opinion. That is, there is no sense of urgency here to win.

A coach that actually was on the hot seat and needed to save his job would do everything in his power to win games. You get the distinct feeling, after watching these last two games, that winning games isn't a priority at all these days. Job security is through the roof, and if I have to bench my best players to get a point across, then gosh darn it, that's what I'm going to do.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

jcru wrote: 4 months ago The fact that he is not playing speaks to something else, in my opinion. That is, there is no sense of urgency here to win.

A coach that actually was on the hot seat and needed to save his job would do everything in his power to win games. You get the distinct feeling, after watching these last two games, that winning games isn't a priority at all these days. Job security is through the roof, and if I have to bench my best players to get a point across, then gosh darn it, that's what I'm going to do.
“Winning games isn’t a priority at all these days”

Man oh man, how can people actually believe half the stuff they post?
1 x
Go Rhody
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

what games are you watching?
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

jcru wrote: 4 months ago The fact that he is not playing speaks to something else, in my opinion. That is, there is no sense of urgency here to win.

I mean he is hurt and it was super short notice between when he was eligible and the Delaware game.

It would be nice to know what exactly his knee issue is.

He was going to play with it...now two weeks later he's still banged up? It obviously isn't something that serious.
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

I mean he is hurt and it was super short notice between when he was eligible and the Delaware game.

It would be nice to know what exactly his knee issue is.

He was going to play with it...now two weeks later he's still banged up? It obviously isn't something that serious.
I believe (hope) he is referring to House getting benched?

If he’s referring to Green, that post is up there for dumbest of the year.
0 x
Go Rhody
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

A cynical, skeptical person would be concerned about the David Green situation. Firstly, no word of an injured knee until we CAN legally use him.
Does it make sense, that if he was practicing with the team, then gets a knee injury and then Archie said he was on his own program and no longer required to be with the team. Does that makes sense? Wouldn’t u want to keep any eye on an injured player; ensure that he was doing the right protocol for rehab?

Anyone cynical or skeptical on this board?
2 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

McRam wrote: 4 months ago A cynical, skeptical person would be concerned about the David Green situation. Firstly, no word of an injured knee until we CAN legally use him.
Does it make sense, that if he was practicing with the team, then gets a knee injury and then Archie said he was on his own program and no longer required to be with the team. Does that makes sense? Wouldn’t u want to keep any eye on an injured player; ensure that he was doing the right protocol for rehab?

I get where you're coming from here, but the fact that he traveled with the team for the last game removes any concern in that regard in my opinion.
2 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Damn, some of you have the entire program centered on whether this dude can play or not. Based on recent history, sorry to bust your bubbles, I'm guessing he is not a game changer.
1 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

I’d like to find out how good he can be though.
1 x
GO RAMS
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Does he shoot FTs greater than 50%?
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

I have no idea if he'll be a game changer or not, but I do see him as another potential front court option on a team that needs one.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Are we talking about this guy? A transfer from LA Tech? Who had offers from us and Jacksonville State? Who averaged 7 pts a game? CMONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN. This is who everyone is waiting for to play????????

David Green
HT: 6’7”
Wt: 215
Years of eligibility: Between 2/3 years (was injured last years so idk tbh)

Offers out of HS:
Hofstra (committed to in June 2019)
St. Bonaventure
College of Charleston
Old Dominion
FIU
McNesse

Transfer interest (in 2021):
LA Tech (committed)
Can’t find any other teams (if anyone could help that’d be clutch)

Transfer interest (in 2023):
URI (Visited this weekend)
Jacksonville St

(Only two teams I could find that he visited)

Averaged 7.3 pts , 3 boards and 35% from 3
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

theblueram wrote: 4 months ago Are we talking about this guy? A transfer from LA Tech? Who had offers from us and Jacksonville State? Who averaged 7 pts a game? CMONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN. This is who everyone is waiting for to play????????

David Green

Offers out of HS:
St. Bonaventure
College of Charleston
Old Dominion
FIU
McNesse

LA Tech (committed)

Jacksonville St

Yup, this is the guy that literally every single person said has stood out at practice. Our coach, our assistants, any fan that watched our practices in the offseason, Disano. ETC... He was also the player that went off in the scrimmage...

The Conference USA has some legitimate talent, and our team doesn't. Zek and Ish averaged 8 pts the year before putting up big numbers. It is possible that Green has taken a step forward this year just like a million other players have before... It will take him time to get back into game shape, but we could use a 3 and D forward BADLY. He's only going to help...
1 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
rjv
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by rjv »

IMO we are all looking for some player who is going to change the current situation that the team is in. Hoping DG makes an impact was my belief but then the opportunity to play came about and he was not available....Why?
so theblueram is correct. DG may not have the impact that we are hoping for today. Maybe tomorrow but I do not know.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

theblueram wrote: 4 months ago Are we talking about this guy? A transfer from LA Tech? Who had offers from us and Jacksonville State? Who averaged 7 pts a game? CMONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN. This is who everyone is waiting for to play????????

David Green

Offers out of HS:
St. Bonaventure
College of Charleston
Old Dominion
FIU
McNesse

LA Tech (committed)

Jacksonville St

Yup, this is the guy that literally every single person said has stood out at practice. Our coach, our assistants, any fan that watched our practices in the offseason, Disano. ETC... He was also the player that went off in the scrimmage...

The Conference USA has some legitimate talent, and our team doesn't. Zek and Ish averaged 8 pts the year before putting up big numbers. It is possible that Green has taken a step forward this year just like a million other players have before... It will take him time to get back into game shape, but we could use a 3 and D forward BADLY. He's only going to help...
Sorry Stevey, this guy sounds like A10 nothing. Injured and hasn't played high level hoops. This team is a basket of misfits.
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

theblueram wrote: 4 months ago

David Green

Offers out of HS:
St. Bonaventure
College of Charleston
Old Dominion
FIU
McNesse

LA Tech (committed)

Jacksonville St

Sorry Stevey, this guy sounds like A10 nothing. Injured and hasn't played high level hoops. This team is a basket of misfits.
If he averages the same stats he did in the conference USA, that's not nothing. I don't think he's a star, but I think he'll help..Look at what we looked like with Rory out there. Now we bring in a guy who can hit the 3 like Rory but also hold his own on the defensive end. He'll only help us. He hasn't even played a second. Let's give the kid a shot before calling him an "A10 nothing."
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

McRam wrote: 4 months ago A cynical, skeptical person would be concerned about the David Green situation. Firstly, no word of an injured knee until we CAN legally use him.

already threw out the s-word....
0 x
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by UCH21377 »

Both cynical and skeptical. We’ll see if and when he plays
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Right now we are @ the point where we need DG to be the best or 2nd best on the team if we want to be respectable in this improved conference
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Can he help? Sure. Will he all of a sudden make us a good team? Nah.
1 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Why would we learn about a minor knee injury with a player that's not eligible to play? So there was no reason for us to learn until the judge overruled the NCAA.

Also, yeah he was on his own program, but I'm sure Archie was checking in to see how things were going. Like I don't think Green was going to the weight room in Mackal and getting zero supervision from anyone with nobody from the basketball program following up.

People are going crazy with this situation
1 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
rjv
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by rjv »

he is eligible to play
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Billyboy78 wrote: 4 months ago Can he help? Sure. Will he all of a sudden make us a good team? Nah.
Not all of a sudden no. Probably gives us a better chance though.

Omg whoops! Did I just overhype him!? Speculating how a new player may impact us in a positive way at a position of need is overhyping 101.

Nevermind, he'll be the next Ryan Brooks, book it.
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

theblueram wrote: 4 months ago Damn, some of you have the entire program centered on whether this dude can play or not. Based on recent history, sorry to bust your bubbles, I'm guessing he is not a game changer.
What are you talking about? Who has the entire program based on him? Me praying he can save us?

Or people acknowledging how well he has done in practices and scrimmages and hoping that translates to actual games?

People are policing hope around here. So weird.
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

David Green

Offers out of HS:
St. Bonaventure
College of Charleston
Old Dominion
FIU
McNesse

LA Tech (committed)

Jacksonville St

Not allowed to speculate something positive may come out of David Green playing Stevey. You are now flagged for OVERHYPE.

The sky is falling sir, get with the program!

Dont you dare even discuss the possibility that adding David Green to the fold will help us out.
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

David Green

Offers out of HS:
St. Bonaventure
College of Charleston
Old Dominion
FIU
McNesse

LA Tech (committed)

Jacksonville St

Not allowed to speculate something positive may come out of David Green playing Stevey. You are now flagged for OVERHYPE.

The sky is falling sir, get with the program!

Dont you dare even discuss the possibility that adding David Green to the fold will help us out.
I said he'd probably help us out. But we're still a really bad team even if he's really good.
0 x