Unread post by ramster »

1st CAA Game of the Season

• Friday Night Lights!!
0 x
rhodyfan3
ARD

Re: Game 2 Football VS Stony Brook 7PM Friday Sep 8 2023

Unread post by rhodyfan3 »

Wife and I had a child three weeks ago, and I won’t be able to attend this game (along with some others this season).

If anyone is interested in my tickets (Section 9, Row H) send me a message. I have them listed on Stubhub, but would prefer to sell them to the Rhody faithful!

Go Rams!
0 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

RF3, we have a 7 year old who is special needs, we are just going to start bringing him to some games this year. I have tickets for my wife and I for Stony Brook, but the rest of the games are day games, if you end up needing to sell any of the other games, I'll check them out. How many seats do you have?
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

rhodyfan3 wrote: 8 months ago Wife and I had a child three weeks ago, and I won’t be able to attend this game (along with some others this season).

If anyone is interested in my tickets (Section 9, Row H) send me a message. I have them listed on Stubhub, but would prefer to sell them to the Rhody faithful!

Go Rams!
Congrats on the new addition, fan3!
0 x
rhodyfan3
ARD

jcru wrote: 8 months ago RF3, we have a 7 year old who is special needs, we are just going to start bringing him to some games this year. I have tickets for my wife and I for Stony Brook, but the rest of the games are day games, if you end up needing to sell any of the other games, I'll check them out. How many seats do you have?
I have two seats, and will definitely be selling more but just need to determine which games!
0 x
rhodyfan3
ARD

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 8 months ago
rhodyfan3 wrote: 8 months ago Wife and I had a child three weeks ago, and I won’t be able to attend this game (along with some others this season).

Go Rams!
Congrats on the new addition, fan3!
Thank you very much!
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Delaware won at Stony Brook 37-13. Hens were favored by 15

https://www.espn.com/college-football/r ... /401540323
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Interview with Jim Fleming covering the GSU Game and upcoming Stony Brook Friday night

https://static.caasports.com/custompage ... ng_Wk2.mp3
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

We've gone from 23 in the coaches poll to 22, and from 21 to 22 in the STATS poll
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 7 months ago We've gone from 23 in the coaches poll to 22, and from 21 to 22 in the STATS poll
That's not gonna cut the 'stard...
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

We gon blow them out
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Massey projects this as a 34-17 win
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

0 x
Bos8
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Bos8 »

I don't like the Friday kick off. I believe it was one of the Big 10 coaches that said Friday is for high school, Saturday is for college, Sunday is for NFL. I would definitely agree with that statement. I am mildly disappointed that the CAA would schedule this game on a Friday night. I wont be able to watch it live because of that.
2 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Bos8 wrote: 7 months ago I don't like the Friday kick off. I believe it was one of the Big 10 coaches that said Friday is for high school, Saturday is for college, Sunday is for NFL. I would definitely agree with that statement. I am mildly disappointed that the CAA would schedule this game on a Friday night. I wont be able to watch it live because of that.
Interesting Bos8 in that I checked the entire season of CAA games and this URI Stony Brook game is the only Friday night game all season for any CAA teams.
2 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Bos8 wrote: 7 months ago I don't like the Friday kick off. I believe it was one of the Big 10 coaches that said Friday is for high school, Saturday is for college, Sunday is for NFL. I would definitely agree with that statement. I am mildly disappointed that the CAA would schedule this game on a Friday night. I wont be able to watch it live because of that.
Completely agree
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

We spent millions on lights, need to use them, regardless of day of the week.

First full week of kids on campus, first home game, under the lights. Sounds pretty good to me.

1100+ students tickets claimed.

The NFL plays on Thursday's, Saturday's, Sunday's and Monday's throughout the season.

NFL will also start having a Black Friday game.

Clemson and Duke just played Monday night.

Times are changing.
0 x
Go Rhody
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Rhody15 wrote: 7 months ago

First full week of kids on campus, first home game, under the lights. Sounds pretty good to me.

The NFL plays on Thursday's, Saturday's, Sunday's and Monday's throughout the season.

Times are changing.
The Office of Student Life bought the lights when Athletics added turf so that Meade could be used for intramural sports. They're getting the appropriate return on investment with hosting intramural sports and any night games are gravy. Also the lights didn't cost "millions".

The NFL is getting paid $100 billion to provide TV with content. High level college football is also getting paid massive amounts of money to provide TV with content. Completely different than providing Flo Sports with internet streaming content. Due to this difference in providing TV content vs internet streaming content, there is no reason to have this game on Friday night vs. Saturday night. This game slot is stupid and with our already horrific parking situation introduces the possibility of a complete clusterfuck on campus for no good reason
2 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 7 months ago

Times are changing.
The Office of Student Life bought the lights when Athletics added turf so that Meade could be used for intramural sports. They're getting the appropriate return on investment with hosting intramural sports and any night games are gravy. Also the lights didn't cost "millions".

The NFL is getting paid $100 billion to provide TV with content. High level college football is also getting paid massive amounts of money to provide TV with content. Completely different than providing Flo Sports with internet streaming content. Due to this difference in providing TV content vs internet streaming content, there is no reason to have this game on Friday night vs. Saturday night. This game slot is stupid and with our already horrific parking situation introduces the possibility of a complete clusterfuck on campus for no good reason
Lights and turf cost 4.1 million.

So yes, lights did cost a million+.

There's also a multitude of reasons.

First full week of students on campus, first home game of the year, standalone CAA game.

I know your schtick is to be miserable about all things URI and stand on a weird morale highroad all the time, but there obviously are reasons to have this game.

Again, 1100+ students tickets already claimed, so there is major interest in the game.
0 x
Go Rhody
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

You saying someone else is miserable about all things URI is hilarious! We both know you're not even going to this game. Good luck with your PC interview though Vault.

Also, what are the reasons for having this game Friday night that wouldn't be accomplished having the game Saturday night instead?
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

My pov though obv not a student in 2023 at URI. I would think from a student perspective Friday night is better than Saturday. Would just assume more to compete with on a Sat night from an entertainment and free time perspective. Could be wrong.

I also think a program like ours needs to not just follow the norm and do things to stand out so moving 1 game to a Friday night doesn't seem like all that big of a deal.

Now is it less convenient for the non student fan, dealing with work and traffic/rush hour etc yes probably it is.
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 7 months ago You saying someone else is miserable about all things URI is hilarious! We both know you're not even going to this game. Good luck with your PC interview though Vault.

Also, what are the reasons for having this game Friday night that wouldn't be accomplished having the game Saturday night instead?
More competition with other CAA games, students may go home for weekend Saturday morning.

And yea man, I definitely didn't just buy three tickets for the game. You're totally right.

Also, if you've been happy with anything URI basketball related the last 4 years there is something wrong with you.

Benn a nightmare since Cox.

In the grand scheme of things, the only good days were the day Archie was hired/his press conference.
Last edited by Rhody15 7 months ago, edited 2 times in total.
0 x
Go Rhody
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

bigappleram wrote: 7 months ago My pov though obv not a student in 2023 at URI. I would think from a student perspective Friday night is better than Saturday. Would just assume more to compete with on a Sat night from an entertainment and free time perspective. Could be wrong.

I also think a program like ours needs to not just follow the norm and do things to stand out so moving 1 game to a Friday night doesn't seem like all that big of a deal.

Now is it less convenient for the non student fan, dealing with work and traffic/rush hour etc yes probably it is.
Spot on.
0 x
Go Rhody
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 7 months ago You saying someone else is miserable about all things URI is hilarious! We both know you're not even going to this game. Good luck with your PC interview though Vault.

More competition with other CAA games, students may go home for weekend Saturday morning.

And yea man, I definitely didn't just buy three tickets for the game. You're totally right.

Also, if you've been happy with anything URI basketball related the last 4 years there is something wrong with you.

In the grand scheme of things, the only good days were the day Archie was hired/his press conference.
More competition with other CAA games? Like we're worried that the small amount of sickos that have Flo will watch North Carolina Central at North Carolina A & T instead of our game?

Any student going home for the weekend is going home Friday, they're not waiting around for Saturday morning.

Yeah, I was pretty happy when we moved on from Cox and absolutely elated when we hired Archie. Pretty weird argument from you though saying I'm constantly miserable then saying that if I've been happy in the last 4 years there is something wrong with me
1 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

I am selfishly against night football games. Ruins my tailgating experience.
2 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Ramulous wrote: 7 months ago I am selfishly against night football games. Ruins my tailgating experience.
It will be sunny out tomorrow during tailgating time.
1 x
Go Rhody
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Ramulous wrote: 7 months ago I am selfishly against night football games. Ruins my tailgating experience.
You only eat brunch when tailgating? j/k Ramulous!! 🤪
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

More competition with other CAA games? Like we're worried that the small amount of sickos that have Flo will watch North Carolina Central at North Carolina A & T instead of our game?

Any student going home for the weekend is going home Friday, they're not waiting around for Saturday morning.

Yeah, I was pretty happy when we moved on from Cox and absolutely elated when we hired Archie. Pretty weird argument from you though saying I'm constantly miserable then saying that if I've been happy in the last 4 years there is something wrong with me

Student tickets sold out.

Expected full sell out.

But yea, terrible idea to hold it on a Friday night.
0 x
Go Rhody
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

jcru and mrs jcru will be present at church tonight. Every CAA game is basically the season on the line.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Expected full sell out.

And how would it be different tomorrow night except people have less time to tailgate tonight? Your original ideas like CAA competition were hot, humid garbage, have you come up with better excuses with an extra 12 hours?
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Expected full sell out.

Tonight will be our 5th Night Game since Lights and the new Field were installed.
Only Year 1 did we schedule 2 games with lights. Last 3 years all with 1 game. This is our 1st Friday Night Lights game. In fact, URI Ticketing has the Promotion names Friday Night Lights

The Upper Section of the East Stands have been reopened with the construction this summer of 4 sets of stairways to access the Upper Sections. Previously one had to enter the lower stairways to enter and exit the East Stands. This will reopen a significant number of seats.

I like the Friday Night game. What the heck, give it a try. IF the game sells out then did it really matter whether it was scheduled for Friday or Saturday or any other day? Will there be more Friday Night Games in the future? who knows, but my guess is this game sells out by game time. I also think the crowd will be excited. Weather it warm. Students are back, school started Wednesday. Have fun.

Since the Lights and Turf are installed then they are sunk costs in accounting terms. No need to justify the purchase - whether URI plays zero, 1 or 5 Night Games it does't matter - the costs are done.

I will say I think the lights and the turf were "Home Runs" or since this is Football they were both "Touchdowns"

I see the Lights on late into the night on the Football Field 7 Nights per week, even throughout the Summer Months.

Men's and Women's Lacrosse use the Football Field in fact it is even lined for Lacrosse
Both Soccer teams use the field.
The Football team uses the field, especially during the summer months, and just a few players often use the field such as QB's the Receivers
Students also use the Field
It's great that URI keeps the lights on and the Field is almost always occupied by somebody.
So whether URI schedules a game Under the Lights or not this Light and Turf installation were wonderful. FYI the Soccer Field has has lights for many years. Nice that the Football Field finally got them - thanks in large part to two donors.

Sept 8 7pm Stony Brook Friday Night Lights
Sept 30 1pm Bryant Family Weekend
Oct 14 1pm Richmond Alumni Weekend
Oct 28 1pm New Hampshire Youth Day
Nov 11 1pm North Carolina A&T Salute for Service and Senior Day

2023 Friday Sept 8 7pm vs Stony Brook

2022 Saturday Oct 1 6pm vs Brown

2021 Saturday Sept 4 6pm vs Bryant

2020 Saturday Sept 7 7pm vs Delaware
2020 Saturday Sept 28 7pm vs Stony Brook
1 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

Right now, it's what? Bryant is a sell out and tonight should sell out. After that, you just need to win, period. Keep winning, and all of them will probably sell out.
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Expected full sell out.

And how would it be different tomorrow night except people have less time to tailgate tonight? Your original ideas like CAA competition were hot, humid garbage, have you come up with better excuses with an extra 12 hours?

We’re ranked, having the first ever Friday night home game, and it’s a student sell out and a probable total sell out.

So of course you’re all bitchy and up in arms and have such a weird strong opinion on this. Makes total sense.

It’s also funny you’re calling my reasons “hot humid garbage” when you went to war with airport advertising and John Vanner who you think insults our basketball intelligence by hyping up the crowd.
0 x
Go Rhody
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

75C6745C-64DA-42C6-BCA6-4CCC03E1C65D.png
Yesterday was the first time temp has hit 90 degrees all year.
Today is muggy, humid and cloudy
Great night for a Football game and late afternoon tailgating!!
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Expected full sell out.

We’re ranked, having the first ever Friday night home game, and it’s a student sell out and a probable total sell out.

So of course you’re all bitchy and up in arms and have such a weird strong opinion on this. Makes total sense.

It’s also funny you’re calling my reasons “hot humid garbage” when you went to war with airport advertising and John Vanner who you think insults our basketball intelligence by hyping up the crowd.
Exactly. You're a clown, I pointed it out, and you've got no real response.

How much is your NIL deal with Massengill worth? How many douchey posts do you have to post to get the full boat from them?
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

I think the Friday night idea is awesome ('course, living nearby and having a very flexible work sched helps) I can see how it's a bummer for some of those that live for the tailgate and might have work inconvenience...just gotta plan ahead. If it meant that much to tailgate for hours, book the time off in advance. This is great. It gives a chance to watch the local team PLUS all of the FBS action on Saturday. And since the Sox are pretty much out of it (a no better than 50/50 prop every year at this time), it's actually pretty close to perfect. (Good idea to get an early season game under the lights and couldn't do it tomorrow night...Postal Cutie for Death Cab at the Ry)
4 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 7 months ago I think the Friday night idea is awesome ('course, living nearby and having a very flexible work sched helps) I can see how it's a bummer for some of those that live for the tailgate and might have work inconvenience...just gotta plan ahead. If it meant that much to tailgate for hours, book the time off in advance. This is great. It gives a chance to watch the local team PLUS all of the FBS action on Saturday. And since the Sox are pretty much out of it (a no better than 50/50 prop every year at this time), it's actually pretty close to perfect. (Good idea to get an early season game under the lights and couldn't do it tomorrow night...Postal Cutie for Death Cab at the Ry)
I didn't know about the concert. That is actually a very valid reason for doing the game tonight instead of tomorrow. Thank you for doing Rhody15's homework for them
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Exactly. You're a clown, I pointed it out, and you've got no real response.

How much is your NIL deal with Massengill worth? How many douchey posts do you have to post to get the full boat from them?

Hahahahaha you get so worked up over the oddest things.

Airport advertisements, John Vanner, first ever Friday night home game when we’re ranked.

Might be time to up your blood pressure medication.
0 x
Go Rhody
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Please tell us more about how we're playing on Friday to avoid going head to head against the North Carolina Central vs North Carolina A&T game on Saturday. Truly smartest guy in the room stuff from you
1 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

I admitted in my post that I was being selfish. We usually tailgate before and after the day games. Stay from 9am to 8pm.
3 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Ramulous wrote: 7 months ago I admitted in my post that I was being selfish. We usually tailgate before and after the day games. Stay from 9am to 8pm.
I don't think that's being selfish, that's part of the experience. There's not a lot better than hanging out with friends pregame and a beer in the parking lot after a win. That said, in light of the concert in the Ryan Center Saturday night I totally get where this is coming from now and support it
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

CBS Sports has URI as a 23.5 point favorite tonight with an over under of 53.5

I'm trying to think of the last time URI might have been a 3 TD+ favorite in a conference game. I can't think of any of our games in the last few years. I think we ran too much in our 01 season to get a massive line like that. Maybe one of our good teams in the 90's? Do we have to go back to the 84 or 85 season?
1 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 7 months ago No changes in the two-deep

https://gorhody.com/documents/2023/9/6/ ... es_G02.pdf
I don't care who the opponent is, I'm looking for better play up front for the D.
1 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

With a nickel base defense, going with 2 real defensive linemen and one lineman/linebacker I'm thinking that might be a concern all year, though hopefully no team can exploit it as much as Georgia St. did
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Is it on ESPN plus ??
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

reef wrote: 7 months ago Is it on ESPN plus ??
No, it's a Flo steamer.
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 7 months ago
reef wrote: 7 months ago Is it on ESPN plus ??
No, it's a Flo steamer.
All CAA Football Games are on FloSports
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

23.5 point favorite seems like a lot to me
0 x
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

I for one can’t stand it when the Patriots are on MNF!!!

:D :D :D

J/K

So looking forward to this game.
Love the Friday night lights!!!
Wish they did more Saturday nights.
I can feel your pain if you can’t make it…
I have worked almost every Saturday for the last 13 years…
But I did make the opening game against Delaware…
One of the best games in Meade Stadium history.
Only bad thing was the final score.
Let’s get em tonight, and steamroll through the season.
Win the home ones and half the away ones for a 6-2 record.

Let’s get back to the NCAAs this year.
Go Rhody,
0 x
jakepnickers
Abdul Fox

Unread post by jakepnickers »

As someone who cannot physically attend games, this flosports broadcast is killing me. Delay on audio, volume keeps coming and going, and stuttery video. Seems like the University could do better producing their own stream. I know it is a conference thing so no way to really change it. Go Rhody!
2 x