A10 Outlook for 2023-24

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Re: A10 Outlook for 2023-24

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Rhody15 wrote: 3 months ago
Jersey77 wrote: 3 months ago
adam914 wrote: 3 months ago Most of the talk on here about the A10 is focused on how terrible it is, so based on the comparison between NET and RPI maybe the NET has it right and it was the RPI that was wrong all along?
Regardless, the A10 is far from terrible.
Even going by the NET they are ranked 8th and have 8 teams in the top 100.

Anybody watching college basketball understands how tough our conference is top to bottom.
I wouldn’t say top to bottom is tough.

Any team who is at home playing us knows they’ll score 90+ with ease.

St Louis seems to have given up.

Don’t think you’d find anyone to describe La Salle as tough. 200+ NET.

Fordham doesnt really present any notable challenges either.
La Salle isn't that bad. Their tough because of their two really good guards who can score on anybody....especially us.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

PeterRamTime wrote: 3 months ago
Jersey77 wrote: 3 months ago

Regardless, the A10 is far from terrible.
Even going by the NET they are ranked 8th and have 8 teams in the top 100.

Anybody watching college basketball understands how tough our conference is top to bottom.

La Salle isn't that bad. Their tough because of their two really good guards who can score on anybody....especially us.
Isn't that bad???? They have a NET of 202 and are 2-5 in conference. So what would you consider bad?
1 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

theblueram wrote: 3 months ago

Isn't that bad???? They have a NET of 202 and are 2-5 in conference. So what would you consider bad?
They recently got Gill back who was their 3rd leading scorer.

They also just beat a talented GW team by 10 pts in DC.
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

You've proven many times you're incapable of analyzing a team beyond their NET.

They almost beat Miami on the road and they just beat GW by ten on the road. They hung around with Duke for a half. They were also in a 5 point game with Dayton late in the second half. They're coached by Fran Dunphy. Have you watched them? Do you know a single players name on their roster? Brickus, Brantley? Remember how they destroyed us last year? That's what I mean by "not that bad" Their backcourt is one of the better ones in the conference and they have one of the best coaches in the conference. Not that bad. Period.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

They almost beat Miami on the road and they just beat GW by ten on the road. They hung around with Duke for a half. They were also in a 5 point game with Dayton late in the second half. They're coached by Fran Dunphy. Have you watched them? Do you know a single players name on their roster? Brickus, Brantley? Remember how they destroyed us last year? That's what I mean by "not that bad" Their backcourt is one of the better ones in the conference and they have one of the best coaches in the conference. Not that bad. Period.
I don't think they're any better than Rhody...
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

I stopped reading when you said they ALMOST beat Miami and hung with Duke for a half. Hell, we almost beat Fordham.
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

I stopped reading when you said they ALMOST beat Miami and hung with Duke for a half. Hell, we almost beat Fordham.
While I agree with you that La Salle is a complete nothing burger, you possibly cannot actually be comparing those three teams.

Almost beating Miami and hanging with Duke for a half cannot in any way be compared to almost beating Fordham.

With that being said, yes, La Salle is not “tough”.

PRT bringing up Brickus and Brantley destroying us last year is LOL funny.

We were one of the worst teams in America last year.

Give me a month to get in shape and I could’ve dropped 10 on us last year.
0 x
Go Rhody
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

and Brown. Don't forget, almost beat Brown
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Rhody15 wrote: 2 months ago

While I agree with you that La Salle is a complete nothing burger, you possibly cannot actually be comparing those three teams.

Almost beating Miami and hanging with Duke for a half cannot in any way be compared to almost beating Fordham.

So, you could drop 15 on this year's team is what you're saying?
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

I just care about beating them this week.
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 2 months ago

So, you could drop 15 on this year's team is what you're saying?
Jordan15 could have dropped 10 on us last year ?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Why would that be funny? Just because they went off against us last year doesn't mean they're good? They've gon off on pretty much everyone.
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Huh? Why is your logic so f'n dumb

If you almost beat Miami on the road and can handle with Duke

YOURE NOT THAT FUCKING BAD

I win. Your point is stupid.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

PeterRamTime wrote: 2 months ago

Evansville won @ Kentucky in 2019.

Evansville finished 9-23.

Kentucky finished 25-6.

Was Evansville “not that bad” that season?

You cannot judge La Salle over 2.5 halves of basketball this season.

They lost to Duke by 29 lol

They stink by every metric imaginable.
1 x
Go Rhody
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Kentucky finished 25-6.

Lol I'm only saying THEY ARENT THAT BAD.

Well La Salle already has 11 wins to Evansville's 9 that year. Maybe try a different comp?

They can play good basketball, I have watched them, they aren't awful. They get absolutely no credit for beating anyone they've beaten or how competitive they've been against good teams? It's impossible for you to rationalize that they aren't that bad if they can compete for 40 minutes with top 20 teams like Miami and Dayton? Horrible teams can't compete at all at Duke. I would agree if they've just been getting blown out all year, but that hasn't been the case.

Both of your perspectives on this are utterly perplexing. You would think I claimed they're a final four team! I'm judging them based on having WATCHED them and seen them perform well against other good teams. They can play solid basketball. Why is that fact so unacceptable? They're a mediocre team they've played well at times and played bad at times. They aren't that bad.
1 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Kentucky finished 25-6.

Oh and what about them beating GW on the road by ten? That same "really talented" GW team you've slobbered over? How could a team that stinks by every metric imaginable win that game? Both of your arguments are terrrrible.
1 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

0 x
GO RAMS
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 2 months ago
16 league games wouldn’t work.

We had teams in conference schedule D2 and D3 teams because they couldn’t find enough D1 teams to play.

You’re only allowed one MTE per season, so can’t be in multiple of those to play better competition.

If that rule is changed and teams can start doing multiple MTEs then that’s a different story.

But how things stand now, dropping two league games wouldn’t really help the cause.
1 x
Go Rhody
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

We had teams in conference schedule D2 and D3 teams because they couldn’t find enough D1 teams to play.

You’re only allowed one MTE per season, so can’t be in multiple of those to play better competition.

If that rule is changed and teams can start doing multiple MTEs then that’s a different story.

But how things stand now, dropping two league games wouldn’t really help the cause.
Whether it's one, two, three years from now...the "MTE's per season" rule will pass by the wayside as well. I mean, it's basically only a threatened lawsuit away now, isn't it?
1 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Oh just "create innovative non-conference schedule opportunities." How simple! Why didn't anyone think of that!
2 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

adam914 wrote: 2 months ago Oh just "create innovative non-conference schedule opportunities." How simple! Why didn't anyone think of that!
because of the MTE limitation?
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

This is really irking Jonny , I love it !
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Whether we agree with him or not, at least he’s bringing the issue to light and giving the A10 some attention.
2 x
GO RAMS
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

15, I think even if that changes the power programs probably wouldn't play more than 1 MTE anyway.
Realignment and the expanded in-conference schedules to 20 games, doesn't make those events attractive.
The power conference schedules are grueling enough.

So reducing our conference schedule to 16 games will give us the wonderful opportunity to play more lower conference, D2, and D3 teams. Just what we want.

Rothstein got it wrong, he makes it sound so easy.

The answer is easy (getting there may not be), our teams just need to win when given the opportunity and avoid the bad losses.
2 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Jersey77 wrote: 2 months ago

15, I think even if that changes the power programs probably wouldn't play more than 1 MTE anyway.
Realignment and the expanded in-conference schedules to 20 games, doesn't make those events attractive.

So reducing our conference schedule to 16 games will give us the wonderful opportunity to play more lower conference, D2, and D3 teams. Just what we want.

The answer is easy (getting there may not be), our teams just need to win when given the opportunity and avoid the bad losses.
I think removing the 1 MTE restriction would will make a big difference. Have more regional MTEs that aren't necessarily in exotic locations or huge venues. When that restriction is removed (you know it will be, because as soon as anyone shows the sads at anything 'ncaa regulated', they fold like a lawn chair) I believe that will help. Bleep the majors, this would seem to be a chance for a Rhody to get some quality games. Play in one like they do now, plus another at the casino...
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 2 months ago

I think removing the 1 MTE restriction would will make a big difference. Have more regional MTEs that aren't necessarily in exotic locations or huge venues. When that restriction is removed (you know it will be, because as soon as anyone shows the sads at anything 'ncaa regulated', they fold like a lawn chair) I believe that will help. Bleep the majors, this would seem to be a chance for a Rhody to get some quality games. Play in one like they do now, plus another at the casino...
I would be all for Rhody participating in another MTE if the rule changes.
But, I am still in favor of our 18-game conference schedule.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 2 months ago Whether we agree with him or not, at least he’s bringing the issue to light and giving the A10 some attention.
Agree, and that’s why I like Jonny Rothstein he’s big on the A10 even though he picked us for last this year
3 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

So far to me, the biggest A10 surprises this season:
Loyola (9-2) and Richmond (9-1) both currently in the top 4.

The biggest disappointments are:
The Bonnies at 5-6 (9th) and Duquesne at 4-6 (10th).
Both those teams were preseason selected in the top 4.

Right now, if we went by NET in A10T seedings, Rhody would be in the PIG.
Also GW and Davidson are at 3-7 (A10) and Rhody beat them both on their home court, yet their NET is higher than ours.
0 x
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodysurf »

The NET doesn’t matter for seeding? Lol with tiebreaker rhody is sixth…. The net matters for nothing if you aren’t making the tournament
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

rhodysurf wrote: 2 months ago The NET doesn’t matter for seeding? Lol with tiebreaker rhody is sixth…. The net matters for nothing if you aren’t making the tournament
I know that and is why I said if. I added that because some here felt we should change the seeding to NET versus conference record.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

rhodysurf wrote: 2 months ago The NET doesn’t matter for seeding? Lol with tiebreaker rhody is sixth…. The net matters for nothing if you aren’t making the tournament
I know that and is why I said if. I added that because some here felt we should change the seeding to NET versus conference record.
I’ve never read here where anyone said we should use NET instead of conference record for seeding. Must have missed it.
I do get why including NET with conference record because conference record is still with only 10 games played out of 18 and NET (one other ratings systems) can guide where teams might end up after 18 games are completed.

Here is TeamRankings projections at this time

IMG_2229.jpeg
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

ramster wrote: 2 months ago
I’ve never read here where anyone said we should use NET instead of conference record for seeding. Must have missed it.
I do get why including NET with conference record because conference record is still with only 10 games played out of 18 and NET (one other ratings systems) can guide where teams might end up after 18 games are completed.

Here is TeamRankings projections at this time

IMG_2229.jpeg
Yes, it was suggested by some posters but maybe not in this thread.
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

1 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

bigappleram wrote: 2 months ago
That's a fun chart! I asked the guy if he could average for GP, and conference vs. non-conference going forward, which he seems open to. Still, King's contributions are impressive. The list is interesting, in that both small and power conference transfers are represented. Between House and some other transfers, production has held up going from a smaller conference school to the A-10.

If there is a common thread, it is that everyone was playing at least deep rotation minutes at their previous spot. I think the low for MPG in 2022-23 for everyone was around 10 MPG. It bears watching going forward, but at least suggests that if you can't get off the bench at a power conference school, it probably doesn't mean that you'll necessarily be a good regular by transferring down. (This mostly holds with guys who transferred from URI as well - The ones that were not playing at all are mostly below average or just about average at their new schools this year.)
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Commissioner McGlade joined the Field of 68 for an interview. I found it pretty interesting. They touch on some of the conference realignment stuff starting around the 12 minute mark.

2 x
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

adam914 wrote: 2 months ago Commissioner McGlade joined the Field of 68 for an interview. I found it pretty interesting. They touch on some of the conference realignment stuff starting around the 12 minute mark.

Waiting for Blue Man to come in and say "running" is an interesting way to spell "ruining"
3 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

RhodyKyle wrote: 2 months ago
adam914 wrote: 2 months ago Commissioner McGlade joined the Field of 68 for an interview. I found it pretty interesting. They touch on some of the conference realignment stuff starting around the 12 minute mark.

Waiting for Blue Man to come in and say "running" is an interesting way to spell "ruining"
Haha yeah I was hesitant to even post it because I know it’s going to trigger some people. They even say a couple nice things about Loyola so it’s going to be a touchy subject! :lol:
2 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

To the crowd that thinks the future is reloading your roster with 10 players every year. And that’s the new normal and all that jazz. Enter Exhibit A: St John’s. One of if not the best coaches alive, recruiting kids to play in MSG and in the Big East. And they look to be at best an NIT team. And he has voiced numerous frustrations with the state of affairs and how hard it is to build chemistry and team cohesion with a roster full of first year together players.

Now look at the teams that are winning. From UConn and Purdue to Dayton annd Richmond all of them have some semblance of continuity. 2-3 returning core rotation guys then adding in transfers to fill gaps while also trying to develop true FR. That is the formula. And that is what Archie said he wants to do.
3 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

bigappleram wrote: 2 months ago To the crowd that thinks the future is reloading your roster with 10 players every year. And that’s the new normal and all that jazz. Enter Exhibit A: St John’s. One of if not the best coaches alive, recruiting kids to play in MSG and in the Big East. And they look to be at best an NIT team. And he has voiced numerous frustrations with the state of affairs and how hard it is to build chemistry and team cohesion with a roster full of first year together players.

Now look at the teams that are winning. From UConn and Purdue to Dayton annd Richmond all of them have some semblance of continuity. 2-3 returning core rotation guys then adding in transfers to fill gaps while also trying to develop true FR. That is the formula. And that is what Archie said he wants to do.
Absolutely BAR, 100%
1 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

Maybe a Hammond will be the type of player that will stick, and be the draw for others to come our way to develop some continuity.
1 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Just five weeks ago, GW had a record 14-3 and 3-1 in A-10 conference play. It has since lost its last seven games by a average margin of 15 points. Its record has sunk to 14-10 overall and 3-8 in the A-10. Their NET rank has seen a precipitous fall and is today #198. Only two A-10 teams, St Louis and LaSalle, presently have worse computer numbers.
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

section(105) wrote: 2 months ago Maybe a Hammond will be the type of player that will stick, and be the draw for others to come our way to develop some continuity.
105 it’s key for our season next year that a bunch of guys from this year “stick”. Cam, Fuchs, Foumena, House etc. We can’t do another roster reload. We need Archie going into this off-season thinking he’s 1-2 pieces away from a really good team. And then he needs to go find those pieces - 3 and D guys, maybe a shot blocker / rim protector.
0 x
Shinze88
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Shinze88 »

bigappleram wrote: 2 months ago To the crowd that thinks the future is reloading your roster with 10 players every year. And that’s the new normal and all that jazz. Enter Exhibit A: St John’s. One of if not the best coaches alive, recruiting kids to play in MSG and in the Big East. And they look to be at best an NIT team. And he has voiced numerous frustrations with the state of affairs and how hard it is to build chemistry and team cohesion with a roster full of first year together players.

I agree 100% with the point you are making, but Pitino had no choice but to reload his roster in his first year similar to what Archie had to do here. He has/will make St John's a place kids want to go and I don't expect he'll be needing to reload every year. Schools like URI will continuously have to re-recruit the existing roster year to year to keep any semblance of continuity. Archie for sure has his work cut out for him.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

RF1 wrote: 2 months ago Just five weeks ago, GW had a record 14-3 and 3-1 in A-10 conference play. It has since lost its last seven games by a average margin of 15 points. Its record has sunk to 14-10 overall and 3-8 in the A-10. Their NET rank has seen a precipitous fall and is today #198. Only two A-10 teams, St Louis and LaSalle, presently have worse computer numbers.
Yep. Some here were raving about their talent and prospects but how quickly things can change when you get out of OOC Play and into Conference Play.

GW has the lowest average attendance YTD in the A10 at about 1600 per game. It looked about half that size for the URI game.

When Fordham, LaSalle, Duquesne, Loyola are mentioned as dragging down the Conference and should be kicked out I don't recall GW being in the mix but looks like they should be on the list for whatever that list is worth.

George Washington now having lost 7 straight A10 games with things looking challenging. The 2 worst NET Teams remaining are St Louis 224 and LaSalle 238 BUT both of those games are on the road so even those could be losses. GW could end up being the worst team in the A10. They did not look good against URI or against GMU last night.

GW (3-8), started off 3-1 but 0-7 since. GW NET = 198

Record and current NET
Feb 17 Richmond (9-1) - 70
Feb 21 @ St Joseph's (6-5) - 95
Feb 24 @ St Louis (2-9) - 224
Feb 27 UMASS (6-5) - 93
Mar 2 @ LaSalle (2-10) - 238
Mar 6 St Bonaventure (5-6) - 73
Mar 9 @ Duquesne (4-7) - 105
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Shinze88 wrote: 2 months ago

I agree 100% with the point you are making, but Pitino had no choice but to reload his roster in his first year similar to what Archie had to do here. He has/will make St John's a place kids want to go and I don't expect he'll be needing to reload every year. Schools like URI will continuously have to re-recruit the existing roster year to year to keep any semblance of continuity. Archie for sure has his work cut out for him.
Agreed. Harder on retention for Archie than Rick. But Rick didn't have to reload his roster...by all accounts he ran off AJ Storr and Posh who IMO are good players and would be starting for them this year. He retained Soriano but that is it.
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Agreed. Harder on retention for Archie than Rick. But Rick didn't have to reload his roster...by all accounts he ran off AJ Storr and Posh who IMO are good players and would be starting for them this year. He retained Soriano but that is it.
Pitino got Jaiden Glover from the Patrick School for next season. A solid #69 Ranked Pick up and showed Pitino's ability to keep top players in NYC
I would not count Pitino out of the Tournament yet, still lot of basketball yet to play. Last night was a tough loss for St John's and a good win for PC - both bubble teams. If only we had taken Pitino 6 years ago :(
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Pitino got Jaiden Glover from the Patrick School for next season. A solid #69 Ranked Pick up and showed Pitino's ability to keep top players in NYC
I would not count Pitino out of the Tournament yet, still lot of basketball yet to play. Last night was a tough loss for St John's and a good win for PC - both bubble teams. If only we had taken Pitino 6 years ago :(
Definitely not counting him out and Pitino teams are almost always playing their best in Feb/March. But there were many people who thought he would just roll in there, assemble a roster in a couple months and then shoot straight to the top tier of the Big East. After all it was Pitinio, NYC and good NIL $$$ resources. $$$ can't buy connectedness, chemistry, effort/intensity...and all are required for a winning program.
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Definitely not counting him out and Pitino teams are almost always playing their best in Feb/March. But there were many people who thought he would just roll in there, assemble a roster in a couple months and then shoot straight to the top tier of the Big East. After all it was Pitinio, NYC and good NIL $$$ resources. $$$ can't buy connectedness, chemistry, effort/intensity...and all are required for a winning program.

Looking at the NET which includes performance for OOC and for BE to date.......

3 games are against the bottom 2 teams with 2 vs Georgetown and 1 at DePaul
Seton Hall @ UBS Arena on Long Island
Creighton in MSG
Butler on the road

Potential to go 4-2 and even 5-1 with those remaining games and optimistically even 6-0 is within reach as only Creighton has a higher NET than St John's of the 6 remaining games and that game is at MSG.

St John's is 5th in BE in NET but 5 teams between NET 39 and NET 58. A lot can happen in the next 4 weeks and then the BE Tournament!!

Team / NET/ (BE Record)
1.UCONN - 4 (12-1)
2.Marquette - 10 (10-3)
3.Creighton - 15 (9-5)
4.Villanova - 39 (6-7)
5.St John's - 48 (6-8)
6.Butler - 50 (7-7)
7.Xavier - 51 (7-6)
8.PC - 58 (7-7)
9.Seton Hall - 79 (8-5)
10.Georgetown - 199 (1-12)
11.Depaul - 316 (0-12)

Sun Feb 18 5pm vs Seton Hall at UBS Arena 5pm
Wed Feb 21 7pm @ Georgetown
Sun Feb 25 12pm vs Creighton MSG
Wed Feb 28 8:30pm @ Butler
Tue Mar 5 9pm @ DePaul
Sat Mar 9 12pm vs Georgetown MSG
0 x
sevegny7
Art Stephenson

Unread post by sevegny7 »

RF1 wrote: 2 months ago Just five weeks ago, GW had a record 14-3 and 3-1 in A-10 conference play. It has since lost its last seven games by a average margin of 15 points. Its record has sunk to 14-10 overall and 3-8 in the A-10. Their NET rank has seen a precipitous fall and is today #198. Only two A-10 teams, St Louis and LaSalle, presently have worse computer numbers.
Yep. Some here were raving about their talent and prospects but how quickly things can change when you get out of OOC Play and into Conference Play.

GW has the lowest average attendance YTD in the A10 at about 1600 per game. It looked about half that size for the URI game.

When Fordham, LaSalle, Duquesne, Loyola are mentioned as dragging down the Conference and should be kicked out I don't recall GW being in the mix but looks like they should be on the list for whatever that list is worth.

George Washington now having lost 7 straight A10 games with things looking challenging. The 2 worst NET Teams remaining are St Louis 224 and LaSalle 238 BUT both of those games are on the road so even those could be losses. GW could end up being the worst team in the A10. They did not look good against URI or against GMU last night.

GW (3-8), started off 3-1 but 0-7 since. GW NET = 198

Record and current NET
Feb 17 Richmond (9-1) - 70
Feb 21 @ St Joseph's (6-5) - 95
Feb 24 @ St Louis (2-9) - 224
Feb 27 UMASS (6-5) - 93
Mar 2 @ LaSalle (2-10) - 238
Mar 6 St Bonaventure (5-6) - 73
Mar 9 @ Duquesne (4-7) - 105
Yeah I tried to tell people GW sucks. It is so clear they are not good. While some gush over their talent. The people who gushed over GW talent I can no longer respect any of their basketball opinion. Their opinions immediately means nothing to me if you can not watch GW and evaluate they are terrible.

Some were projecting a TOP 5 finish.

The could very easily not win a single game rest of conference play.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

It would be interesting to see roster turnover rates for all schools. I don't necessarily think there's a big correlation between this year's success and relative turnover volume. I believe it's about who, not how many.

As for the Johnnies, with a NET of 48 and any discussion of postseason play, I'd say that qualifies as a huge step up.

Sports Reference had them at 74 last year and at 36 this year...Rick can (and will) squawk about how he "wants" things, but I think it erroneous to suggest he's not a huge beneficiary of said massive roster turnover....
1 x