'19 G Charles Pride (Bryant ---> Bonnies)

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Re: '19 G Charles Pride (Bryant ---> Bonnies)

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

jcru wrote: 1 year ago I disagree that NIL had nothing to do with this. We had sources on this site who said URI wasn’t going to “use resources” ie spend money to get Pride in here. That either means nothing, or some sort of standard NIL package and whether or not URI even felt he was worth any package at all would only be known by people very close to the program but it wasn’t even ball park what it would take.

As soon as Minnesota entered the picture, you can completely throw out that argument that NIL wasn’t part of this decision because they are a P5 football school and they have the resource to give every single recruit a handsome package.

So how did he wind up at St Bonaventure you might ask?

Well MN is very much like a P5 URI right now. Bottom of their conference and desperately trying to climb out of the basement. So, if you listen to their fans, there is a common thread there, that as soon as Pride took his official visit and didn’t sign before leaving, they were dreading it. That’s how it is with us right now too. It does not bode well.

So, hypothetically speaking, say MN offers each recruit a standard NIL package of $50k. When Pride left and went to Olean, NY, he would have told them, this is my best offer, are you able to match it?

Somehow, St Bonny, who only needs about 3-4 choice key players to shore up their lineup and not an entire roster of players, went to their boosters and came up with the money.

If I am wrong feel free to say so, but how else do you explain that? St Bonny, like many of our other conference breathren, see the value of being the absolute best they can be every single year, wins and losses wise, they aren’t on a four year plan to be competitive.

With Pride and two other players at his level, at least we deprived them of one in Brown, but they then went ahead and poached a similar player from somewhere else in the conference, can be a top-5 team this year. That’s what they would have sold Pride on.

Even with Pride, MN was still going to be in the basement this year.
Literally every word of this post is fan fiction. There is not a shred of fact to be found in here
2 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Re: '19 G Charles Pride (Bryant ---> ???) (URI visit planned)

Unread post by Rhody15 »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 11 months ago
Rhody15 wrote: 1 year ago
steviep123 wrote: 1 year ago Would have been a good get but also not super disappointed because he’s a one year guy.
Absolutely ridiculous take.

Kid would’ve been the best player on the team, leading to more wins, more respectability, which hopefully then leads to better recruits.

But yea, let’s get a stiff with multiple years left in order to win 11 games this season.
You have no idea Vault how Pride will do outside of Grasso's "system". He was a chuck and duck player that played no defense at Bryant, let's see how he does when he has to play real basketball
You have zero idea as well.

Kid contributed in a major way in his time at Bryant, shot the ball very well, better than anyone we’ve had in a few years.

I know people want to discredit him because everyone here hates Bryant/Grasso, but you can’t deny Pride would have been a very significant contributor here.
0 x
Go Rhody
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

bigappleram wrote: 1 year ago It is close to home Iggy. And they have a great coach. And with him, on paper at least, they have a roster that could compete near top of the league for a bid. I’m sure he got some cash but doubt it’s anything we couldn’t have come up with given their resources and booster base. But who knows.
Iggy was being very cryptic. My interpretation is him asking why a player with his stats didn't have more interest from higher ranked opponents. My guess for that is because his numbers are hollow, that by playing under Grasso he's never played real basketball, just playground hoops
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Rhody15 wrote: 11 months ago

Kid would’ve been the best player on the team, leading to more wins, more respectability, which hopefully then leads to better recruits.

But yea, let’s get a stiff with multiple years left in order to win 11 games this season.
You have no idea Vault how Pride will do outside of Grasso's "system". He was a chuck and duck player that played no defense at Bryant, let's see how he does when he has to play real basketball

Kid contributed in a major way in his time at Bryant, shot the ball very well, better than anyone we’ve had in a few years.

I know people want to discredit him because everyone here hates Bryant/Grasso, but you can’t deny Pride would have been a very significant contributor here.
Interesting that you didn't deny that you're Vault.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Right, but I say I don't know how things will go. You call yourself an expert and say exactly how things will go even though you have no clue either
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Billyboy78 wrote: 11 months ago

Interesting that you didn't deny that you're Vault.
Hahahahaha I’ve done that multiple times, Rhody Vault has his own account here.

You people are literally teenagers gossiping trying to spread shit. It’s hilarious.

So everyone here who likes Pride must be Rhody Vault right?
0 x
Go Rhody
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Right, but I say I don't know how things will go. You call yourself an expert and say exactly how things will go even though you have no clue either
Not once have I said I’m an “expert.”

Pride has had big games multiple times against better/bigger competition, has very good per game stats, I’ve watched Bryant a bit the last couple years, and it’s pretty clear if you watch that Pride will succeed in the A10.
0 x
Go Rhody
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 11 months ago Literally every word of this post is fan fiction. There is not a shred of fact to be found in here
Yeah, we get it. You don't like Charles Pride.

Let's just hope he doesn't kill us in every meeting we have with St. Bonny this year.
0 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

Billyboy78 wrote: 11 months ago Interesting that you didn't deny that you're Vault.
Hahahahaha I’ve done that multiple times, Rhody Vault has his own account here.

You people are literally teenagers gossiping trying to spread shit. It’s hilarious.

So everyone here who likes Pride must be Rhody Vault right?
15, you should feel privileged that he only called you the "Vault".

I'm guessing the over/under isn't long before he starts calling people who disagree with him "Russian Trolls". We now live in the ridiculous phase of the internet.
1 x