'19 G Charles Pride (Bryant ---> Bonnies)

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
reef
Frank Keaney

Re: '19 G Charles Pride (Bryant ---> ???) (URI visit planned)

Unread post by reef »

Well rather lose him to Minny than Loyola if we can’t get him

I’m not seeing top 5 for Loyola either , in fact I think we will be higher than them
0 x
dave11to28
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by dave11to28 »

This is perfectly put... I agree 100%.
1 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

PeterRamTime wrote: 1 year ago
rhodysurf wrote: 1 year ago
rhodylocal wrote: 1 year ago

Why do we feel like we are a great option for him? Grasso said he wants to go somewhere he can win this year or somewhere that can get him to the next level. Sure, he may have a girlfriend at Bryant and Antwan Walker probably had good things to say about URI but we are a program in rebuild mode. We are going to sell kids on being a part of that rebuild and bringing us back to relevance in the next few years.
I don't think we have a shot at a player that wants exposure and to be on an NCAA team. I don't see us getting to an NCAA this year sorry.
Oh are Loyola and Minnesota places he is going to go and win? Lol they suck just as bad as us
Definitely not gonna win at Minnesota
How ‘bout dem gophaz?

Sorry couldn’t resist

🤣
1 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

jcru wrote: 1 year ago There is no way we should lose this recruiting battle to Loyola. Absolutely none.

We just lost Ishmael Leggett officially. Why can't we gave Pride his former NIL package?
Not sure how Loyola can use the fact that another A10 player chose Loyola- Desmond Watson from Davidson. (However, I believe Watson is from the mid-west). W
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

jcru wrote: 1 year ago
Jdrums#3 wrote: 1 year ago
Billyboy78 wrote: 1 year ago Does Pride really need to take an official visit here? He took an unofficial. He sat and talked with the staff. He was shown the facilities. He didn't need a place to stay because all he had to do was drive 30 minutes to get back to where he lives. The only difference is that the staff couldn't take him out for meals on an unofficial. Same thing with his unofficial to PC. He already knows all he needs to know about URI and PC.
Correct, 78.

And for all we know, he could be leaning our way and this could be Loyola’s last ditch effort to get him. Just simple speculation on my part since I have no inside knowledge on what Pride is thinking and no knowledge of what the staffs plan is, priorities are, etc this cycle. Therefore, I am not going to swing back and forth on what recruiting battles we are winning or losing off of Twitter antics and not having the full story. I will begin to evaluate the staffs level of success when the team is complete and I can sample the product on the court.

In the meantime, I will speculate by just generally throw crap at the wall until something sticks like most others here that only have a view the part of the iceberg sitting out of the water.

An entertaining thread nonetheless.
I would think, without knowing the kid personally but following along since day one like everyone else, that he wants to play, first and foremost.

When URI got House, perfectly understandable, Pride needs a backcourt mate.
When URI got Montgomery, perfectly understandable, URI plays a lot of 3 guard sets, Montgomery is a swingman, not an issue.

Then URI is quick to go out and get one combo guard, who they could have gotten anytime. Absolutely no hurry to pull the trigger there. Now, if you are Pride you are thinking, how much am I really going to be playing at this place.

Next, Ishmael Leggett makes it official he's going to Pitt. Which despite everything that has transpired so far, leaves a big gap in terms of points, mins, rebounding. The thing to do at that point would be to reach out to Pride and say, Ish is gone, we want you to come in here and be our next Ish.

Instead, they have an official visit for a freshman JUCO combo guard from Oklahoma, and are so excited by this visit, they want to offer him straight away, is what we are hearing.

So at which point is it impossible to convince Pride that he's really going to be more here, than at any of those other places he had visits lined up to, and now cancelled, because they also recruited over him?

I just think, if it were up to me, put the full court press on Pride after the Montgomery signing. Also go after Buru. Try to get both, and then worry about what combo guards who are going to be backups are available after the fact, should have been the order. No?

Good speculation from your perspective. You may be on the right track or the wrong track but keep it up as I enjoy reading all the speculation.

Regarding Pride’s - a player I would like to have on the team - recruitment by Rhody, it is possible the staff decided early on leading in to this cycle that they were not going to extend program resources to a one year rental for this particular team because, even with a one year rental, they do not anticipate being a NCAAT team in 23-24. Perhaps they would rather conserve the resources until they have a better shot at the NCAAT the following season when the team is more mature.

The staff may love Pride as a player but their winning time windows simply may not line up so why pull out all the stops for that player for him to spend less than 12 months in the program. That doesn’t mean they close the door on him but just let him know that, hey, we’d love to have you but under these conditions since you are only here for 10-11 months. Figure out what your priorities are first - winning, money, playing time to showcase your talent, etc and let us know if you want in and if we have a spot still available, it is definitely yours.

I could be wrong or I could be on the right track.

Carry on.
1 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

All of that is reasonable, except for the part about we don't anticipate being a NCAAT team in 23-24. And I'm not saying we will, by any means, but that doesn't mean you don't try to get as many wins as humanly possible. It may not seem worth it, if you aren't going to the dance, but it's always worth it.

Winning begets winning < -- or something like that, ancient wisdom, by someone a lot smarter than me. A 9 win season, all that accomplished was to clean the slate roster wise, including someone we didn't want to lose, Ish. That must never happen again. And the difference between even 15 or 16 wins, is enormous.

It's all worth it. The more you can win, the more winning will take place down the road. Winning needs to be an obsession.
0 x
NHRamFan
Lamar Odom

Unread post by NHRamFan »

I could be wrong or I could be on the right track. - JDrums

Compliments of Public Image Limited
1 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

Jdrums#3 wrote: 1 year ago Regarding Pride’s - a player I would like to have on the team - recruitment by Rhody, it is possible the staff decided early on leading in to this cycle that they were not going to extend program resources to a one year rental for this particular team because, even with a one year rental, they do not anticipate being a NCAAT team in 23-24. Perhaps they would rather conserve the resources until they have a better shot at the NCAAT the following season when the team is more mature.

The staff may love Pride as a player but their winning time windows simply may not line up so why pull out all the stops for that player for him to spend less than 12 months in the program. That doesn’t mean they close the door on him but just let him know that, hey, we’d love to have you but under these conditions since you are only here for 10-11 months. Figure out what your priorities are first - winning, money, playing time to showcase your talent, etc and let us know if you want in and if we have a spot still available, it is definitely yours.
This is worrisome to me, Jdrums. If I am reading this correctly you are talking about extending program resources, you are talking about money.

Contrast this to Tom Izzo reportedly using money from his own salary to pay players.

I think what you are saying is kind of penny wise and dollar foolish. Is that also part of the reason, you reckon, that Ish wanted to go? Money was not going to be forthcoming?

In about five years, possibly even as few as three, or two, the amounts of money todays players are commanding are going to seem like an absolute bargain compared to what the program is going to probably have to shell out to get good players or watch the parade go by.

Not only does this only delay the inevitable from a moment that the amt is reasonable to a time when it is going to start getting crazy, but it’s basically suggesting that there is some sort of time line that it is acceptable to lose. And if that is the case, why not just start refunding the season ticket holders now? At least football and women’s basketball try to win every game, they may not succeed but there is no time line where they can have losing seasons.
0 x
rhodylocal
Jeff Kent

Unread post by rhodylocal »

jcru wrote: 1 year ago I don't understand why he's not a priority. Let's just leave it like that.
Why do we feel like we are a great option for him? Grasso said he wants to go somewhere he can win this year or somewhere that can get him to the next level. Sure, he may have a girlfriend at Bryant and Antwan Walker probably had good things to say about URI but we are a program in rebuild mode. We are going to sell kids on being a part of that rebuild and bringing us back to relevance in the next few years.
I don't think we have a shot at a player that wants exposure and to be on an NCAA team. I don't see us getting to an NCAA this year sorry.
Oh are Loyola and Minnesota places he is going to go and win? Lol they suck just as bad as us
I agree neither of those are all that appealing. I watched RV's last interview with Grasso and he asked him about Pride leaving and those were more or less the reasons he gave. I just can't figure why a good 5th year transfer would choose us this year unless we guarantee them the keys and I don't think Archie is the type to do that.
1 x
Dan Hurley 2012-2018:
Year 1: 8-21 3-13 T–14th
Year 2:14-18 5-11 10th
Year 3:23-10 13-5 T-2nd NIT 2nd RD
Year 4:17-15 9-9 7th
Year 5:25-10 13-5 T-3rd NCAA T
Year 6:26-8 15-3 1st NCAA T

Archie Miller 2022-?:
Year 1:9-22 5-13 14th
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

Well elaborate. What type is he then? Because last years team was a hodge lodge of talent with no real leader except for Martin. Why not have a star marquis player on your team for the rest to rally around? A fifth year grad transfer would seem like the thing
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

I agree neither of those are all that appealing. I watched RV's last interview with Grasso and he asked him about Pride leaving and those were more or less the reasons he gave. I just can't figure why a good 5th year transfer would choose us this year unless we guarantee them the keys and I don't think Archie is the type to do that.
I also don't think Pride is the type of player that you give that deal to, if you're going to agree to it. I think he would be a valuable player for this team, and maybe Miller gets more out of him than Grasso did, but I don't think he's the kind of player that changes the trajectory of a program. I think whether he ends up in a mid-major or P6 program, his numbers probably level out to "good regular" vs. "all-conference talent."
2 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

Honestly, it doesn't sound like we are giving any deals to anyone.

It sounds like Ish was told his offer expired, look elsewhere, and KJ promised everyone he can get players, "just as good", for free.

Well, we'll see.

I find it amazing however, that a coach of Archie's caliber has a timeline of when he can start winning. Every other program we associate with expects to have a winning season every year, and we just burned Cox at the stake for not winning.
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

jcru wrote: 1 year ago All of that is reasonable, except for the part about we don't anticipate being a NCAAT team in 23-24. And I'm not saying we will, by any means, but that doesn't mean you don't try to get as many wins as humanly possible. It may not seem worth it, if you aren't going to the dance, but it's always worth it.

Winning begets winning < -- or something like that, ancient wisdom, by someone a lot smarter than me. A 9 win season, all that accomplished was to clean the slate roster wise, including someone we didn't want to lose, Ish. That must never happen again. And the difference between even 15 or 16 wins, is enormous.

It's all worth it. The more you can win, the more winning will take place down the road. Winning needs to be an obsession.
Yes, winning begets winning. Also, players and teams need to learn how to win.

Purely speculation on my my part but winning the conference tourney and obtaining the auto bid is the goal but may not be the expectation next season. However, they may expect it the following season based on their analyses and projections, not fan projections.

That doesn’t mean they are resigned to not winning more than they lose or obtaining their potential next season. The staff may think - even with Pride - the current supporting cast will not be NCAAT capable until the following season and they will commit NIL dollars next offseason for the next Pride type player to position for that outcome.

Once that NCAAT level program foundation is in place then their plan may be to continue commit NIL resources to keep their best players and fill a rotation whole or 2 via the portal while back filling players 8 through the end of the bench each successive off season with role players and projects as they deem necessary.

I make it sound easy on a fan message board but we all know it isn’t and things also don’t always go as planned but that could be the staffs plan towards sustainable winning, perhaps.

I am sure others here have speculated similarly and it may be how I came up with it after reading it in some other thread months ago. Forget about me crediting anyone on it there is no way my memory is that good at this point! :lol:
Last edited by Jdrums#3 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

Jdrums#3 wrote: 1 year ago Purely speculation on my my part but winning the conference tourney and obtaining the auto bid is the goal but may not be the expectation next season. However, they may expect it the following season based on their analyses and projections, not fan projections.
Um, not for nothing, but fan projections are based on what everyone sees. All the experts and analysis on social media by people who do this for a living, recruiting websites, ESPN, fans of every team, all of this amounts to the fan projection. The fan projection is something, in the year 2023, you don't want to dismiss. The fan projection can get coaches hired or fired in this day and age. We've seen it.

Isolating yourself to just your projection is fine, but then there are no excuses later on, if you ignore everything and then flop. They got a pass for last year, that's not gonna last forever. They need to make positive gains. They should be exhausting every single resource to do it right now.
0 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

jcru wrote: 1 year ago All of that is reasonable, except for the part about we don't anticipate being a NCAAT team in 23-24. And I'm not saying we will, by any means, but that doesn't mean you don't try to get as many wins as humanly possible. It may not seem worth it, if you aren't going to the dance, but it's always worth it.

Purely speculation on my my part but winning the conference tourney and obtaining the auto bid is the goal but may not be the expectation next season. However, they may expect it the following season based on their analyses and projections, not fan projections.

That doesn’t mean they are resigned to not winning or obtaining their potential next season. The staff may think - even with Pride - the current supporting cast will not be NCAAT capable until the following season and they will commit NIL dollars next offseason for the next Pride type player to position for that outcome.

Once that NCAAT level program foundation is in place then their plan may be to continue commit NIL resources to keep their best players and fill a rotation whole or 2 via the portal while back filling players 8 through the end of the bench each successive off season with role players and projects as they deem necessary.

I make it sound easy on a fan message board but we all know it isn’t and things also don’t always go as planned but that could be the staffs plan towards sustainable winning, perhaps.

I am sure others here have speculated similarly and it may be how I came up with it after reading it in some other thread months ago. Forget about me crediting anyone on it there is no way my memory is that good at this point! :lol:
In summary...

We're going el Cheapo this year.
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Jdrums#3 wrote: 1 year ago Purely speculation on my my part but winning the conference tourney and obtaining the auto bid is the goal but may not be the expectation next season. However, they may expect it the following season based on their analyses and projections, not fan projections.
Um, not for nothing, but fan projections are based on what everyone sees. All the experts and analysis on social media by people who do this for a living, recruiting websites, ESPN, fans of every team, all of this amounts to the fan projection. The fan projection is something, in the year 2023, you don't want to dismiss. The fan projection can get coaches hired or fired in this day and age. We've seen it.

Isolating yourself to just your projection is fine, but then there are no excuses later on, if you ignore everything and then flop. They got a pass for last year, that's not gonna last forever. They need to make positive gains. They should be exhausting every single resource to do it right now.
This is not personal to you because I am curious by nature and would ask others under similar circumstances…

How do you know what they, the staff, are exhausting? Are you in their strategic discussions? Are you on their level of professionalism? Are you accessing the same info they are?

Why do you think they should be exhausting every single resource on Pride? What do you even mean by every single resource?

Secondly, you assume that every fan, sees, has access to and lends the same level of credibility to the media you personally consume. But that is not the case. For example, I am biased against Twitter; I don’t lend much credibility to it and therefore, do not follow it. I do not follow Joe Lunardi like others. Neither do I pay much attention to the Entertainment Sports Programming Network’s opinions - emphasis on entertainment.

You also assume I isolate myself. Man, you make a lot of assumptions.
Last edited by Jdrums#3 1 year ago, edited 2 times in total.
1 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

Not really, they are based on what we are doing right now, drums.

We have a discussion. I make my point, you make your point, sometimes I persuade you that mine is the better point, and sometime you persuade me that yours is the better point. And that happens over and over again, with hundreds of people, and other people read them and contribute. And we form a consensus.

And in that way, this board has always been ahead of it's time, because we can have real discussions and agree and disagree, and it's not a rah rah cheerleading forum.
0 x
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

rjv wrote: 1 year ago Pride is not coming to URI imo.
Was he ever? If he was, then what happened? Why are we in the dark on this?

No wonder they were quick to sign Kortright and now Always Wright.
Yes he was

Something happened / changed in last weeks zoom meeting that none of us who’ve been told updates about pride have not been told, visit to Rhody was supposed to be this weekend

Luis is more ball handling oriented guard

I’m with you on the Always point jcru, feel like he’s here visiting and early and we could take another week or two to figure it out but then at the same time looking at my spreadsheet a lot of the players are starting to make decisions and it seems like the quality of players is starting to go down and I feel like Archie (this is a guess) doesn’t want to run into the same issue and take a risk on a player like last year
Last edited by Dino611 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

That doesn’t mean they are resigned to not winning or obtaining their potential next season. The staff may think - even with Pride - the current supporting cast will not be NCAAT capable until the following season and they will commit NIL dollars next offseason for the next Pride type player to position for that outcome.

In summary...

We're going el Cheapo this year.
No

Being el cheapo was last year 😂
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

jcru wrote: 1 year ago Not really, they are based on what we are doing right now, drums.

We have a discussion. I make my point, you make your point, sometimes I persuade you that mine is the better point, and sometime you persuade me that yours is the better point. And that happens over and over again, with hundreds of people, and other people read them and contribute. And we form a consensus.

And in that way, this board has always been ahead of it's time, because we can have real discussions and agree and disagree, and it's not a rah rah cheerleading forum.
I get it. But my persuading days are over. It doesn’t matter to me at this point in my life as I don’t have the stamina, energy or brain power any longer to sustain a debate anyway. I do enjoy following the speculation and debates however.

I am more than fine with you and others doing so as much as possible and if it gets too quiet here I may sometimes try to inspire more debate and speculation. ;)

It would be too boring here if everything was hunky dory. I will admit that I do cringe at some of the criticism of the program, the staff and players but I can understand it and wouldn’t stifle it. I may have an issue if it’s presented in a mean spirited way, imho, and then comment on how it’s communicated, but that’s just me and I get over it - even if 72 does it. :lol:

My apologies for getting off track. Now, back to regular programming.
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

NHRamFan wrote: 1 year ago I could be wrong or I could be on the right track. - JDrums

Compliments of Public Image Limited
Not familiar with that song but I listened. Good choice.

I was thinking more along the lines of the Billy Joel song…You may be right; I may be crazy, as I was posting earlier today. It kept going off in my head. :lol:
1 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

If it's true we aren't offering any deals (I dont believe that however) then we will pay the price for sure.

It makes zero sense. We have to add as much talent as possible and soon, or else what's the point?
1 x
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

Unread post by DeanDome88 »

rambone 78 wrote: 1 year ago If it's true we aren't offering any deals (I dont believe that however) then we will pay the price for sure.

It makes zero sense. We have to add as much talent as possible and soon, or else what's the point?
What do you believe?
0 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

What should we believe?

Sorry, I wasn't in on the zoom call, so I don't know what the official message is
0 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

I mean, it's not like this hasn't been going on forever.

You keep the message ultra exclusive and amongst a relative few people and then get upset when people go off message...
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Bone, I get the frustration. I get frustrated too. It’s not like I have all the time in the frickin’ world to wait around for another run. But, I don’t believe the staff is senseless or pointless either. They are too experienced and intelligent for that to be the case, imo.

I can only speculate on what is going on. However, jcru wore me out earlier this afternoon already so I am done speculating for the time being until I can recharge some brain cells with some Ginko Biloba or something. :lol:

The easy answer in the current landscape of cbb is we are short on NIL dollars regarding our primary targets. IF that’s the case currently it is troubling but we will adapt - I just hope we do sooner rather than later. IF it’s because prospects don’t perceive us as competing for a bid yet then that can be fixed by winning more and climbing up into the top 3rd of a weakened conference. That’s about all I can muster out of my depleted brain cells at the moment.

I usually tend to gravitate towards a combination of reasons. Hopefully others will come along soon and provide some insider insight or speculation as to reasons.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Yeah news of some NIL deals are out there and many more to come.

I would think some deal info involving us will leak out at some point.
1 x
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

Unread post by DeanDome88 »

rambone 78 wrote: 1 year ago Yeah news of some NIL deals are out there and many more to come.

I would think some deal info involving us will leak out at some point.
When UMass lost that one player who had signed a LOI with their NIL collective they put his deal right out there for all college basketball players and their fan base to see. I do not believe we have anything comparable to look at.
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

I view the NIL marketplace like any other new scheme in that it has to find its level. For instance, since this is the Pride thread, what is his - or a similar players - NIL value?

I don’t know what it is currently.

Is his value fixed currently or is it fluid? Is it or was it fixed until other teams reached out to create more demand?

I don’t know those answers either.

I can speculate, like anyone else here can, that Pride is going to negotiate the best NIL deal he can get before making a final decision. It would make sense for him to do so and that could explain why we were in before and believed to be out currently. In short, his market value outpaced our NIL budget or the value we placed on him to have him here for 10-11 months.

Those types of decisions are made everyday in life when operating with a budget versus a more open checkbook or an unlimited budget. That said, it’s not the end of the world if we are limited in this current auction like atmosphere. We just need to figure out how to adapt and overcome like we have versus other obstacles in the past.
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Ish was offered a deal. Just bc news isn’t public doesn’t mean we aren’t active in the space. Archie has a budget.
3 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

Things we learned today:

1. Pride originally had an official visit this weekend and it has been cancelled. (per Dino per a zoom conference)

2. The staff thinks Kortright is a better ball handler (again, Dino)

3. Archie has noticed that the quality of recruits are starting to slip, hence will pause on Wright (Dino's opinion? based on zoom call?)

4. The staff are not going to use team resources (aka budget) on Pride (JDrums, not sure if that was speculation or inside info. It seemed like info passed off as his own speculation. Maybe an extreme version of what actually happened).

This is actually a lot of info.

So what I gather from all of this is, URI possibly did make an NIL offer? But told Pride he is free to shop around and see if he can get more, if that is what he wants.

Actually seems reasonable, if this is all true, just lead with that next time.
0 x
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

A tidbit-

Was talking with someone knowledgeable about the basketball program at Davidson. (I live here and was on campus) Conversation turned to NIL, and I asked if Davidson had 100k in the kitty, his answer, “oh no more than that.”
0 x
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

jcru wrote: 1 year ago I don't understand why he's not a priority. Let's just leave it like that.
Exactly. Remember, good PR is we turned him down not the other way
1 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

McRam wrote: 1 year ago A tidbit-

Was talking with someone knowledgeable about the basketball program at Davidson. (I live here and was on campus) Conversation turned to NIL, and I asked if Davidson had 100k in the kitty, his answer, “oh no more than that.”

Need clarification:

Do you mean "oh, no more than that" as in.... That, or less, but no more

Or "oh no, MORE than that" as in... much more than that

?
Last edited by jcru 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

McRam wrote: 1 year ago
Exactly. Remember, good PR is we turned him down not the other way
Right? Let's be honest, it's never honest. It's always, we were not interested, not the other way around.

No matter what happened.
1 x
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

McRam wrote: 1 year ago A tidbit-

Need clarification:

Do you mean "oh, no more than that" as in.... That, or less, but no more

Or "oh no, MORE than that" as in... much more than that

?
More than 100k -spoke about all the very successful Davidson graduates in the area that are basketball fans , and they have been enticed” to contribute. That would fit the area.
1 x
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

jcru wrote: 1 year ago Things we learned today:

1. Pride originally had an official visit this weekend and it has been cancelled. (per Dino per a zoom conference)

3. Archie has noticed that the quality of recruits are starting to slip, hence will pause on Wright (Dino's opinion? based on zoom call?)

4. The staff are not going to use team resources (aka budget) on Pride (JDrums, not sure if that was speculation or inside info. It seemed like info passed off as his own speculation. Maybe an extreme version of what actually happened).

So what I gather from all of this is, URI possibly did make an NIL offer? But told Pride he is free to shop around and see if he can get more, if that is what he wants.

Jcru I was tryna going to tie into your second point of Luis being a veteran ball handler being a placeholder til Cam or another star future player is ready and what most of this board has been saying, that’s why I think he settled for Luis and wasn’t more aggressive (comparing the amount of wings & SGs they reached out to vs the amount of PGs they reached out to)

Your third point was not what I was getting at or based it from a zoom call 😂 I was only told there was a zoom between them none of the details were disclosed, I’m saying (this is my opinion on what happened) they brought always in and said hey we’d love to have you but we’re gonna wait for more prized recruits to make decisions first and if not we’ll take you (just my speculation since he didn’t commit yet
0 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

oh, I see. Sorry about that.

The fantasy of you being in on the zoom calls was better than the reality though, you have to admit.
0 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

McRam wrote: 1 year ago More than 100k -spoke about all the very successful Davidson graduates in the area that are basketball fans , and they have been enticed” to contribute. That would fit the area.
Thanks, I thought that's what you meant, but I just wanted to be sure.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Hopefully we can @ least stay competitive within the league as far as NIL goes
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

jcru wrote: 1 year ago Things we learned today:

Jcru, what I posted was purely speculation for sake of KB discussion. I have no inside info - though I am flattered you think I might. Thank you, my fellow Rhody fan.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

"America runs, er, I mean... message boards run on sheer speculation"
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 1 year ago "America runs, er, I mean... message boards run on sheer speculation"
Sheer Speculation…sounds like the name of an actress.

Coming to a theater near you….KB: Kinky Blue, starring Buck Naked and Sheer Speculation.

:lol:
0 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 1 year ago "America runs, er, I mean... message boards run on sheer speculation"
Sheer Speculation…sounds like the name of an actress.

Coming to a theater near you….KB: Kinky Blue, starring Buck Naked and Sheer Speculation.

:lol:
I won’t ask what kind of movies you watch. 😜
1 x
Slava Ukraini!
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

https://gopherhole.com/elijah-spencer-a ... -athletes/

Interesting perspective by Minnesota. Rhode Island is biggest competition. No mention of Loyola.
3 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

jcru wrote: 1 year ago https://gopherhole.com/elijah-spencer-a ... -athletes/

Interesting perspective by Minnesota. Rhode Island is biggest competition. No mention of Loyola.

Minnesota is by far the worst Big 10 team having finished in last place with a NET = 222
Little chance Pride is going dancing if he picks Minnesota.
No better options for Pride than that?
FFA4EA07-3504-4692-A38C-0918731A26A1.png
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

jcru wrote: 1 year ago https://gopherhole.com/elijah-spencer-a ... -athletes/

Good find!
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Minnesota message board Pride thread

https://gopherhole.com/boards/threads/v ... de.110611/
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Man if we somehow got Pride and Buru ??
0 x