'20 G Jaden House (High Point -> URI)

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
Dino611
Tom Garrick

'20 G Jaden House (High Point -> URI)

Unread post by Dino611 »

Jaden House
Ht: 6’4”
Wt: 205

Averaged 17.6 points/game , 3.9 boards / game, 2.3 assists / game

All Big South Honorable Mention team

Offers out of HS:
High Point (committed April 2020)
Georgetown
Old Dominion
Stetson
MSM
James Madison
Howard
Southern Utah

Transfer interest:
URI (commited)
PC
Butler
DePaul
Texas Tech
Miss St.
Florida St
Virginia Tech
Louisville
Utah

Like Randy Orton outta nowhere
Last edited by Dino611 10 months ago, edited 3 times in total.
1 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Re: 20’ G Jaden House (High Point -> ?)

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Ish replacement?
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Rhody74 wrote: 1 year ago Ish replacement?
Bray replacement

Big time PG
3 x
Backroads
Jeff Kent

Unread post by Backroads »

2 years of eligibility
2 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Click on his IG and look at his pics. Looks like they were taken in the practice facility.
3 x
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRams916 »

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 year ago Click on his IG and look at his pics. Looks like they were taken in the practice facility.
Oooo yeah definitely in the practice facility. Looks nice.
2 x
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

Unread post by DeanDome88 »

I thought Archie wanted highly skilled players? Jaden has not shot well from deep or the free throw line and does not have many assists. He also had 4 technical fouls last season. I am not against adding great athletes but he seems more athletic than highly skilled.
0 x
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

PeterRamTime wrote: 1 year ago
Bray replacement

Big time PG
Just looking at High Points team stats and his stats I believe he’s a 2 but I could be wrong
1 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Dino611 wrote: 1 year ago
PeterRamTime wrote: 1 year ago
Bray replacement

Big time PG
Just looking at High Points team stats and his stats I believe he’s a 2 but I could be wrong
I feel like I saw somewhere that he was a PG. Might have hallucinated it
0 x
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

DeanDome88 wrote: 1 year ago I thought Archie wanted highly skilled players? Jaden has not shot well from deep or the free throw line and does not have many assists. He also had 4 technical fouls last season. I am not against adding great athletes but he seems more athletic than highly skilled.
Not saying he’s the best we can get, but my god does everyone have to complain about every one, hEs NoT a SkIlLeD pLaYeR, yet he averaged 17.5 points a game
He HaS nO aSsIsTs, hey buddy check the stats sheet again he had 2.3 a game

Also one good year of coaching can help a player with his shooting percentages, look at Ish’s numbers last year vs this year

Yes we can do better but just stop crying for the love of god we aren’t a power 5 team, and there will be more visits with more players
14 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

DeanDome88 wrote: 1 year ago I thought Archie wanted highly skilled players? Jaden has not shot well from deep or the free throw line and does not have many assists. He also had 4 technical fouls last season. I am not against adding great athletes but he seems more athletic than highly skilled.
Not saying he’s the best we can get, but my god does everyone have to complain about every one, hEs NoT a SkIlLeD pLaYeR, yet he averaged 17.5 points a game

Also one good year of coaching can help a player with his shooting percentages, look at Ish’s numbers last year vs this year

Yes we can do better but just stop crying for the love of god we aren’t a power 5 team, and there will be more visits with more players
I truly don’t get it..

If it’s a skilled player he’s not athletic enough. If it’s an athletic player he’s not skilled enough….It’s always something on here…

We need impactful players!! Skilled, athletic, shooters, defenders…all of the above. We need it all!

Read this quote about him

Jaden is an athletic marvel; he is powerful and explosive. He can stop on a dime and before you can blink an eye he explodes by you. He elevates quickly off the floor and has crazy bounce and he plays at a furious pace from opening tip to final buzzer if need be. He has the ability to beat players off the dribble with his tremendous first step going left or right, and is solid getting to the rim in a straight line. Jaden attacks the basket with a lethal first step and crossover ability showing a quick, tight handle and cat-like quickness even while executing difficult crossovers and change of direction moves where he establishes a low center of gravity and with his powerful strides and shifty movements erupts into the paint or to the rim. He handles the ball exceptionally well and gets into the lane effortlessly.”
7 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

I can't believe people are writing off some of these guys, including Battle. I'll take anyone that can help us on the court as long as don't cause issues like Brayon.
5 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Somebody was asking to get someone with a body like Jared Terrell. Not quite, but close.
2 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

RhodyRams916 wrote: 1 year ago

I can't believe people are writing off some of these guys, including Battle. I'll take anyone that can help us on the court as long as don't cause issues like Brayon.
I can completely believe people are writing off these guys.

That’s what people do here. Miserable just for the hell of it.

If we’re not getting Top 10 freshman or Top 10 transfers then we might as well not look at em.

We were a 9 win team this year, truly one of the worst teams in America, in a bad A10.

We haven’t been good since the Covid year.

We are not getting the cream of the crop kids yet people expect us to get them.
3 x
Go Rhody
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

Unread post by DeanDome88 »

I never said no assists and am certainly not crying about it. Project much?
0 x
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

Rhody15 wrote: 1 year ago

If we’re not getting Top 10 freshman or Top 10 transfers then we might as well not look at em.

We were a 9 win team this year, truly one of the worst teams in America, in a bad A10.

Yup R15. I know we disagree sometimes but this is spot on.
1 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Love the way he attacks the rim..
4 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

Thanks for posting the vid, Stevey.

He certainly is explosive and attacks the rim. Also, he has very good cross over and hesitation moves in the video.

Nice release and form on his shots from 3. It’s a small sample from the video, but looking at his form from 3 in the vid, it looks like he has the potential to shoot it at an adequate percentage to keep the D honest.
Last edited by Jdrums#3 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

Basically Bray 2.0, bigger, has a set of guns for arms, similar skill set, more mature, no crazy.

Archie went through a lot of trouble trying to keep Bray here up until "the incident". Not surprised he would want at least one player who can do the things this guy can do.
1 x
JM24
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by JM24 »

Solid get, will take anyone who can go and get 17 a game no matter what conference.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

steveystuds06 wrote: 1 year ago

Love the way he attacks the rim..
Great video , solid build who looks like a scorer both from deep and can get to the rim , hope we get him
2 x
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

DeanDome88 wrote: 1 year ago

I never said no assists and am certainly not crying about it. Project much?
Go sit in the corner with blue ram so you guys can whine and bitch about not getting top 50 freshman and top 20 transfers
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Sign me up for this house. We need scoring. We had the worst offense in the league by a good margin. Shooters, scorers, facilitators - we need all of them. And we need it in bulk - 4 or 5 new faces. But we don’t need all of that in 1 person. Archie is building a new team basically.
7 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

This has all the signs of a commitment
5 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

So 2-3 years? Really? We haven't been good in 2 or 3 years. Yet we expect great players but we are unrealistic? GTFOH. We expect players every year regardless of prior year performance.
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Iggy1979 wrote: 1 year ago This has all the signs of a commitment
Why you think so?
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

theblueram wrote: 1 year ago

So 2-3 years? Really? We haven't been good in 2 or 3 years. Yet we expect great players but we are unrealistic? GTFOH. We expect players every year regardless of prior year performance.
Literally all you expect are Top 100 freshman and high impact transfers who average double figures.

All you want are articles on ESPN and CBS.

That’s it.

That’s literally all you talk about getting.

You are one of the most unrealistic people here when it comes to recruiting.

No A10 school will get all highly rated players year in and year out, yet you think we should.
1 x
Go Rhody
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

You’re the only one expecting great players, your the person who thinks we’re going to be getting people who start on P5 teams each year, there was a window we were a team who could get those players but then our previous coach fucked that up big time so we can’t get those types of players for transfers anymore, send a thank you card for David Cox for that one, we can definitely go for freshman now because P5 are prioritizing transfers, but just stop thinking we’re gonna be getting transfers that never come here we need to be consistently good
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

You’re the only one expecting great players, your the person who thinks we’re going to be getting people who start on P5 teams each year, there was a window we were a team who could get those players but then our previous coach fucked that up big time so we can’t get those types of players for transfers anymore, send a thank you card for David Cox for that one, we can definitely go for freshman now because P5 are prioritizing transfers, but just stop thinking we’re gonna be getting transfers that never come here we need to be consistently good
I take great pride in the fact I am the only one expecting great players here. Honestly, it's an honor that I am the only one who expects great players here. It's what I expect. Why should I expect anything less?
0 x
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

I take great pride in the fact I am the only one expecting great players here. Honestly, it's an honor that I am the only one who expects great players here. It's what I expect. Why should I expect anything less?
All of us expect great players it’s just that you won’t accept anything else than greatness
1 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

I thought Top One Hundy's was clamcake's thing?
1 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

All of us expect great players it’s just that you won’t accept anything else than greatness
ding, ding. we have a winner.
0 x
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

0 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Said another way: only UConn has a top 50 player
3 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

Iggy1979 wrote: 1 year ago Said another way: only UConn has a top 50 player
And the top two guys (Johnson and Clingan) are role players at best. Johnson has only appeared in nine games this season... all blowouts. Not to say he won't be good, but he's not a contributor on this year's team specifically.
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

I truly don’t get it..

If it’s a skilled player he’s not athletic enough. If it’s an athletic player he’s not skilled enough….It’s always something on here…

We need impactful players!! Skilled, athletic, shooters, defenders…all of the above. We need it all!

Jaden is an athletic marvel; he is powerful and explosive. He can stop on a dime and before you can blink an eye he explodes by you. He elevates quickly off the floor and has crazy bounce and he plays at a furious pace from opening tip to final buzzer if need be. He has the ability to beat players off the dribble with his tremendous first step going left or right, and is solid getting to the rim in a straight line. Jaden attacks the basket with a lethal first step and crossover ability showing a quick, tight handle and cat-like quickness even while executing difficult crossovers and change of direction moves where he establishes a low center of gravity and with his powerful strides and shifty movements erupts into the paint or to the rim. He handles the ball exceptionally well and gets into the lane effortlessly.”
To add onto this point - Archie's system prioritizes 2 things above shooting:

Defense. Transition offense.

Mainly because the defense is supposed to lead to transition offense. How many fast breaks did we have this year end with a missed layup or turnover because guys who won't be here (Martin, Bassy) couldn't finish in traffic.

Give me the athletes. Give me anyone who can play defense and then break out to score before the D sets up.
1 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

Blue Man wrote: 1 year ago

I truly don’t get it..

Mainly because the defense is supposed to lead to transition offense. How many fast breaks did we have this year end with a missed layup or turnover because guys who won't be here (Martin, Bassy) couldn't finish in traffic.

Give me the athletes. Give me anyone who can play defense and then break out to score before the D sets up.
This is true and we need guys who can score on the break. However, we also need a massive upgrade in outside shooting as well. 342nd in the country just isn't good enough. Need to be at least close to 200 to complete, which this year would have been a team percentage of 33%.

We also ranked near the bottom in 3 pt attempts (324). We are missing points that most other D1 schools are getting every game by taking fewer 3s and not making the ones we do take. Allowing teams to pack in against us and not extend their D. It is a massive problem on this team. So I do not have a problem bringing in a guy who is not the best shooter so long as we bring in enough guys who can play in our D system AND shoot the ball.
2 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

rhodylaw wrote: 1 year ago

I truly don’t get it..

This is true and we need guys who can score on the break. However, we also need a massive upgrade in outside shooting as well. 342nd in the country just isn't good enough. Need to be at least close to 200 to complete, which this year would have been a team percentage of 33%.

We also ranked near the bottom in 3 pt attempts (324). We are missing points that most other D1 schools are getting every game by taking fewer 3s and not making the ones we do take. Allowing teams to pack in against us and not extend their D. It is a massive problem on this team. So I do not have a problem bringing in a guy who is not the best shooter so long as we bring in enough guys who can play in our D system AND shoot the ball.
I look at the 3 point thing and think - well, we couldn't be worse.

Rory became a very competent shooter towards the end. I expect him to be in a starting role next year and I think him alone will help increase those rates. I don't expect much at the beginning from Dubsky or Estevez, but I expect they'll come on at the end similar to how Rory did this year.
0 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

I truly don’t get it..

Ish Leggett was first on the team in 3 point attempts, only hit at 32% at the end
Malik Martin was third, only hit 32.9%
Sebastian Thomas was fourth, only hit 25%
Jalen Carey was fifth, only hit 19.6%

For better and worse, it appears we're losing our worst three point shooters
1 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

SmartyBarrett wrote: 1 year ago
Iggy1979 wrote: 1 year ago Said another way: only UConn has a top 50 player
And the top two guys (Johnson and Clingan) are role players at best. Johnson has only appeared in nine games this season... all blowouts. Not to say he won't be good, but he's not a contributor on this year's team specifically.
Clingan will be a pro for a long time.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 1 year ago

Ish Leggett was first on the team in 3 point attempts, only hit at 32% at the end

We need a couple guys in that 40 % range on 3 point shooting
0 x
Mattrams94
Michael Andersen

Unread post by Mattrams94 »

House would be a terrific get, but once again only 27 percent from three is concerning
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

I don't love the 27 percent from 3, but he was 33 percent last year. More importantly, he got to the line 7 times a game this year, 9.6 times per 40 minutes. Both would have easily lead our team, and the latter figure is roughly 50 percent more than our best rate this year (Ish, 6.5 per 40). He seemingly attacks the basket in a way nobody else does on our roster.
4 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

House would make us Hard to Guard.
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Mattrams94 wrote: 1 year ago House would be a terrific get, but once again only 27 percent from three is concerning
Yeah, but we also have a few more spots open we can fill with guys that shoot better from three.

I doubt we get this guy and just bank on him alone to win games for us.

Someone was saying something about Battle, Pride and House playing the same position and we are only trying to land one of the three, but I don't know if I believe that.
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

SGreenwell wrote: 1 year ago I don't love the 27 percent from 3, but he was 33 percent last year. More importantly, he got to the line 7 times a game this year, 9.6 times per 40 minutes. Both would have easily lead our team, and the latter figure is roughly 50 percent more than our best rate this year (Ish, 6.5 per 40). He seemingly attacks the basket in a way nobody else does on our roster.
True, this is the guy I am hoping is our 1st signing
1 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

yeah, no. Not the same position.

Battle is a 2. Pride is listed as a 3, at least at Bryant he was. I imagine him taking the place of Martin.

House is a Bray like combo guard. He goes into the paint like the Tasmanian devil, great on a fast break, can mix it up and do a little bit of everything.
1 x
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

So that is kind of the point - I think all those guys are good players who do a lot of good things, but collectively it was a disaster at three-point shooting.
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

So that is kind of the point - I think all those guys are good players who do a lot of good things, but collectively it was a disaster at three-point shooting.
I think all of them struggled to initiate their own offense at times though, to varying degrees. Like yeah, Carey was almost always willing to get a shot up, but he might turn it over or make a low percentage try, and at times, Martin and Thomas were "forced" to shoot because he'd be left so wide open. I think Leggett improved as the year went on, but at times I thought even he deferred too much.

House was taking close to 14 shots per game this year, and that plus the FT rate makes me think he's going to look to attack in a way nobody on the roster this year did. Do I think he's going to be an All-A10 player and our savior? Definitely not, but I'd definitely want him on the roster, especially if the defensive profile matches the offense.
3 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

SGreenwell wrote: 1 year ago

I think all of them struggled to initiate their own offense at times though, to varying degrees. Like yeah, Carey was almost always willing to get a shot up, but he might turn it over or make a low percentage try, and at times, Martin and Thomas were "forced" to shoot because he'd be left so wide open. I think Leggett improved as the year went on, but at times I thought even he deferred too much.

House was taking close to 14 shots per game this year, and that plus the FT rate makes me think he's going to look to attack in a way nobody on the roster this year did. Do I think he's going to be an All-A10 player and our savior? Definitely not, but I'd definitely want him on the roster, especially if the defensive profile matches the offense.
I've read many posts about how they can't wait til Martin and Bassy are gone because they can't shoot.

House is only 28% 3P and only 65% FT in a weak conference
Martin is 33% and widely criticized here

A Transfer who is going to be in his 4th year with these shooting percentages I can't see.

Feels like settling to me. Not giving me much encouragement.

I watched every game in the A10 Tournament live at the Barclay Center
Watched VCU, Dayton, St Louis and Fordham in the Semi-Finals and VCU-Dayton in Final.
I came away thinking we did not have a single player on our roster who would start on any of those 4 teams with the possible exception of Leggett - and I'm a big Leggett fan. It would be close, more likely on Fordham or St Louis. And Leggett is now gone.

We need to add players with the potential to start on VCU, Dayton and St Louis.

Would those 3 schools add House? No, certainly not as an expected starter.

D9F2E05F-C009-4D6C-8B92-8EF8B2783DD5.jpeg
0 x