General Visits/transfer recruiting

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
Mattrams94
Michael Andersen

General Visits/transfer recruiting

Unread post by Mattrams94 »

There is a player currently on a visit on campus now, I will get back to you all soon once i find out who it is
13 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Re: General Visits/transfer recruiting

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Insider Matt!
4 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Love it!!
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Is he tall or short?
1 x
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by CamsRams »

So this would be 3rd visit after Battle & Minor?
0 x
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRams916 »

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 year ago Is he tall or short?
I'd assume he's probably taller than 5'10"
0 x
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

Mattrams94 wrote: 1 year ago There is a player currently on a visit on campus now, I will get back to you all soon once i find out who it is
:!: :?: :!: :?: :!: :?: :!:
0 x
DevRam
Kenny Green

Unread post by DevRam »

RhodyRams916 wrote: 1 year ago
Mattrams94 wrote: 1 year ago There is a player currently on a visit on campus now, I will get back to you all soon once i find out who it is
Bronny James
1 x
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

DevRam wrote: 1 year ago
Bronny James
Lol what makes you say that
0 x
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

Bronny James
He saw LeBron James at a gas station in South Kingstown.
8 x
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

STC wrote: 1 year ago

Bronny James
He saw LeBron James at a gas station in South Kingstown.
I just saw Ant Harris in the dining hall! :lol:
2 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

Since I realize we've picked up quite a few new posters in the ensuing years, you can read the original "Pat Riley" post here.
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Thanks Matt , good to have someone watching on campus
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Thanks Matt for putting this General Visits/Transfer Recruiting thread in the Recruiting section.
0 x
RIrugger01
Jeff Kent

Unread post by RIrugger01 »

25FDC29F-22C5-4AA7-8C93-2A01F8AAF20D.jpeg
2 x
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

SGreenwell wrote: 1 year ago Since I realize we've picked up quite a few new posters in the ensuing years, you can read the original "Pat Riley" post here.
I always thought it was a play off the Patriots meme from the time someone thought they saw Richard Sherman at Logan?
Attachments
d3m7290l5sk01.jpg
1 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Love this Matt. Awesome to have a mole on campus.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

So we’re you able to find out who it was ??
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

I'm guessing it wasn't Dezi Jones :lol: :lol: :lol:
0 x
Mattrams94
Michael Andersen

Unread post by Mattrams94 »

the player who took a visit oday was temple sophmore Nick Jourdain. 6 foot 8 averages 6 points per game and 5 rpg
6 x
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

Matt meeting with Archie on Monday….

2 x
giovanni
Carlton Owens

Unread post by giovanni »

Thanks Matt. Maybe /hopefully there is also a connection with Battle. Temple was a solid team
1 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Mattrams94 wrote: 1 year ago the player who took a visit oday was temple sophmore Nick Jourdain. 6 foot 8 averages 6 points per game and 5 rpg
Does that move a needle?
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

giovanni wrote: 1 year ago Thanks Matt. Maybe /hopefully there is also a connection with Battle. Temple was a solid team
Him alone without a Battle package deal doesn't excite me.
He is okay but not the type of impact player I hope, very modest production in 3 years.
He is from Jersey was a 3* and national recruiting ranking was 277, had no P6 offers out of HS.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

theblueram wrote: 1 year ago
Mattrams94 wrote: 1 year ago the player who took a visit oday was temple sophmore Nick Jourdain. 6 foot 8 averages 6 points per game and 5 rpg
Does that move a needle?
My opinion, not really.
0 x
giovanni
Carlton Owens

Unread post by giovanni »

Jersey77 wrote: 1 year ago
giovanni wrote: 1 year ago Thanks Matt. Maybe /hopefully there is also a connection with Battle. Temple was a solid team
He is okay but not the type of impact player I hope, very modest production in 3 years.
He is from Jersey was a 3* and national recruiting ranking was 277, had no P6 offers out of HS.
I'm really not familiar with him. But let's face it he would be an upgrade to our current roster. And I m just assuming if Battle was on campus recently, there may be a connection. Just a giess
1 x
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

giovanni wrote: 1 year ago
I'm really not familiar with him. But let's face it he would be an upgrade to our current roster. And I m just assuming if Battle was on campus recently, there may be a connection. Just a giess
Is this is how we get Battle, then I’ll take both.
1 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Are we looking for starters, or off the bench help? I'm confused.
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

We must remember that every player we bring in isn't going to average 20 and 10. I think he would be a nice piece to add to our rotation. Now if he's the best player we add, that's not good enough... He's had some big games against good competition. Very athletic and a solid shot blocker... He will throw down some monster dunks. I have no idea if he's a top target of ours, but he's better and more experienced than most of our bigs now. We shall see.

3 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Are we looking for starters, or off the bench help? I'm confused.
He would be very "Meh" for you Blueram and probably most here.
I would hope Archie and the staff can do better.
0 x
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

steveystuds06 wrote: 1 year ago We must remember that every player we bring in isn't going to average 20 and 10. I think he would be a nice piece to add to our rotation. Now if he's the best player we add, that's not good enough... He's had some big games against good competition. Very athletic and a solid shot blocker... He will throw down some monster dunks. I have no idea if he's a top target of ours, but he's better and more experienced than most of our bigs now. We shall see.

The A10 could be a better fit for him too, you never know 🤷🏼‍♂️
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

So when are these high powered assistants and Archie going to get us involved with players that will take us to the NCAAT? A 6'8" player who averages 6 pts a game? Cmon man. That's not even funny.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

steveystuds06 wrote: 1 year ago We must remember that every player we bring in isn't going to average 20 and 10. I think he would be a nice piece to add to our rotation. Now if he's the best player we add, that's not good enough... He's had some big games against good competition. Very athletic and a solid shot blocker... He will throw down some monster dunks. I have no idea if he's a top target of ours, but he's better and more experienced than most of our bigs now. We shall see.

As a rotation piece maybe Stevey, most of his games were just okay.
But if we only add 1 or 2 bigs, I would like more, especially one with only 2 years left at most.
Similar to Alex but he doesn't have his length.
Last edited by Jersey77 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

theblueram wrote: 1 year ago So when are these high powered assistants and Archie going to get us involved with players that will take us to the NCAAT? A 6'8" player who averages 6 pts a game? Cmon man. That's not even funny.
When we have the NIL money lol

You think we’re gonna get those 4 * stars who get us little articles on ESPN and cbs, time to wake up and accept reality, we need to have a somewhat decent season maybe we’ll get better transfers but players will be looking at our track record and don’t wanna be part of rebuild if they have one year left of eligibility.

Hell this guy is probably better than everyone in our frontcourt (maybe not Bilau), but still played in a better conference than ours and was alright I’ll take him, is he my dream transfer that I want our team to get no, but will he be an improvement, yes

Also has two years of eligibility so would be nice
8 x
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

Also love how blue ram is complaining that he’s not very good and not going to move us forward with his very average 6.5 pts/game and 5 boards/game, yet Kuran Iverson only averaged 4 pts/game and 2 boards/ game when he was at Memphis and IN THE SAME CONFERENCE that this kid plays and was a very key piece for us getting to the tournament

Cry me a River blue ram
10 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Dino611 wrote: 1 year ago
theblueram wrote: 1 year ago So when are these high powered assistants and Archie going to get us involved with players that will take us to the NCAAT? A 6'8" player who averages 6 pts a game? Cmon man. That's not even funny.
When we have the NIL money lol

You think we’re gonna get those 4 * stars who get us little articles on ESPN and cbs, time to wake up and accept reality, we need to have a somewhat decent season maybe we’ll get better transfers but players will be looking at our track record and don’t wanna be part of rebuild if they have one year left of eligibility.

Hell this guy is probably better than everyone in our frontcourt (maybe not Bilau), but still played in a better conference than ours and was alright I’ll take him, is he my dream transfer that I want our team to get no, but will he be an improvement, yes
URI has upped the ante on this staff. They are being paid more than any other staff in our history. We hired a proven coach and he hired a proven assistant team. I would hope if he has roadblocks($$), he let's people know. If it's NIL, then I hope Archie let's us know that is the reason. We can't help him fix something we don't know about.
1 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Dino611 wrote: 1 year ago Also love how blue ram is complaining that he’s not very good and not going to move us forward with his very average 6.5 pts/game and 5 boards/game, yet Kuran Iverson only averaged 4 pts/game and 2 boards/ game when he was at Memphis and IN THE SAME CONFERENCE that this kid plays and was a very key piece for us getting to the tournament

Cry me a River blue ram
Did I say he was not very good? NO I didn't. Just asked if we are recruiting starters or off the bench players.
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

As a rotation piece maybe Stevey, most of his games were just okay.
But if we only add 1 or 2 bigs, I would like more, especially one with only 2 years left at most.
Similar to Alex but he doesn't have his length.
Our frontcourt was embarrassing last year. Truly embarrassing. So this kid doesn't seem like a horrible idea to me as a rotation piece. Yes, we need to land a better big than this to be our starter. I only watched Temple a few times this year, and I remember he impressed me when he played Memphis, but I think that was one of his better games.
1 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

If he was 15 and 8 at Temple he wouldn't be visiting. After the year URI had this is what we can expect.
4 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

Dino611 wrote: 1 year ago Also love how blue ram is complaining that he’s not very good and not going to move us forward with his very average 6.5 pts/game and 5 boards/game, yet Kuran Iverson only averaged 4 pts/game and 2 boards/ game when he was at Memphis and IN THE SAME CONFERENCE that this kid plays and was a very key piece for us getting to the tournament

Cry me a River blue ram
Did I say he was not very good? NO I didn't. Just asked if we are recruiting starters or off the bench players.
Hell anyone would be a starter with the horendous frontcourt we had this year I think everyone on this board can agree
2 x
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

Iggy1979 wrote: 1 year ago If he was 15 and 8 at Temple he wouldn't be visiting. After the year URI had this is what we can expect.
1000% agree especially when it comes to big men
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Iggy1979 wrote: 1 year ago If he was 15 and 8 at Temple he wouldn't be visiting. After the year URI had this is what we can expect.
Maybe I misjudged the Miller hire then.
1 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

I would prefer Jordan Minor who also visited, plus a few others that were mentioned on our list.
I think our staff is capable of it.
0 x
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

I would prefer Jordan Minor who also visited, plus a few others that were mentioned on our list.
I think our staff is capable of it.
I would believe he is our top big target wouldn’t shock me if Archie is recruiting for both starting frontcourt spots, I view this guy as a 4 where Minor as a 5
0 x
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by KingstonLane »

We hired a proven basketball coach and recruiter, but not a magician.

Give the man some time. You, me, this whole board are itching for success but patience is a virtue
8 x
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

How tall was Hassan?
0 x
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

KingstonLane wrote: 1 year ago

Give the man some time. You, me, this whole board are itching for success but patience is a virtue
Couldn’t agree more but blue ram gotta get off the funny juice, he expects a top 25 freshman class each year and all our transfers to average double doubles, people gotta accept reality but it’s better than the jokes of recruits we were getting a couple years ago w Cox

If anyone doesn’t realize this is sarcasm
0 x
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

Wdym by that? We're not a really attractive team to play for right now.
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Wdym by that? We're not a really attractive team to play for right now.
I agree with blueram , one bad season shouldn’t make us expect low profile transfers…With this coach. He’s here to get 15/8 guys.
1 x
GO RAMS
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

KingstonLane wrote: 1 year ago

Didn't Tom Hanks say in some movie, "there's no virtues in message boards""?
0 x