General Visits/transfer recruiting

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Re: General Visits/transfer recruiting

Unread post by Jersey77 »

rhodyram22 wrote: 11 months ago
steveystuds06 wrote: 11 months ago
Billyboy78 wrote: 11 months ago The latest to enter the portal who Kenny followed and who followed back. 6'7" wing from FAMU.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... ylen-bates

He would be a better get than Green.

9 ppg and 7 boards.

39% from 3

Dropped 21 against Kentucky, 14 against Florida, 13 against Louisville.
I love that 3pt %. Seems like the coaches are finally prioritizing shooters, which is great.
Grasso is interested
1 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

Are we pursuing? Are we not pursuing? Why are we not pursuing? Anything?
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

jcru wrote: 11 months ago Are we pursuing? Are we not pursuing? Why are we not pursuing? Anything?
Don't know, very quiet.

But Bates and Supreme Cook are 2 players that I think would be of interest and help immediately.
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

jcru wrote: 11 months ago Are we pursuing? Are we not pursuing? Why are we not pursuing? Anything?
We are still actively recruiting for 1 possibly 2 spots. Who the top targets are I don't know.
1 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

We are still actively recruiting for 1 possibly 2 spots. Who the top targets are I don't know.
2 would mean that either one of our current players is leaving or that one of our recent transfers isn't coming?
1 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

Billyboy78 wrote: 11 months ago
2 would mean that either one of our current players is leaving or that one of our recent transfers isn't coming?
Good question, 78.

Just spec on my part…I wonder if an issue developed with Green’s waiver and now his arrival on campus is in question ?

Recently, Jersey has brought up some good points on waivers being granted not as easily. His info plays into my spec.

ETA: Has Archie done a welcome tweet for Green yet? I looked in the the last page of his thread and didn’t see anything.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Jdrums#3 wrote: 11 months ago

Good question, 78.

Just spec on my part…I wonder if an issue developed with Green’s waiver and now his arrival on campus is in question ?

Recently, Jersey has brought up some good points on waivers being granted not as easily. His info plays into my spec.

ETA: Has Archie done a welcome tweet for Green yet? I looked in the the last page of his thread and didn’t see anything.
It seems we're seeing an official signing every day or every other day for the past week or so. 4 have signed out of the 6, leaving only Green and Always left to be signed.
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Yeah, Tyson was the 11th, Jaden the 12th, Zek the 15th and Luis the 16th. Archie was in Arizona for his daughter's graduation over the weekend, so other than that it's been one per day. Maybe Always will be tomorrow.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Jdrums#3 wrote: 11 months ago

Good question, 78.

I have no inside information on Green's situation, just asking the question and putting it out there.

Difficult to speculate on how everything is going shake out between his possible waiver, our last spot for now, and Bilau's injury/medical status.

Remember the staff can't publicly comment on a player/recruit until they have officially signed.
1 x
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by CamsRams »

Kyrese Mullen in play for us? Noticed his connection to Tyson Brown and KJ.
0 x
Ramfan22
ARD

Unread post by Ramfan22 »

CamsRams wrote: 11 months ago Kyrese Mullen in play for us? Noticed his connection to Tyson Brown and KJ.
Not in the transfer portal
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Billyboy78 wrote: 11 months ago Yeah, Tyson was the 11th, Jaden the 12th, Zek the 15th and Luis the 16th. Archie was in Arizona for his daughter's graduation over the weekend, so other than that it's been one per day. Maybe Always will be tomorrow.
So, yes, Always signing was announced today. It's been one per day except for the weekend. We'll see if the Green signing is announced tomorrow.
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

An offer for my favorite '24 from guess who?

0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Sound familiar?
1 x
GO RAMS
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 11 months ago

Sound familiar?
Was just about to post this but maybe Love’s situation finally solves what was going on with Ant, UNC basically fucks their student athletes

Last edited by Dino611 11 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
rhodyblue12
ARD

Unread post by rhodyblue12 »

UNC AD Bubba Cunningham "The NCAA has no jurisdiction over academics".

Hmmm. Ok. So, they've gone to a "no need to attend class at all" model.
UNC does its players no favors.
1 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

UNC 👎🏻
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Dino611 wrote: 11 months ago
Rhodymob05 wrote: 11 months ago

Sound familiar?
Was just about to post this but maybe Love’s situation finally solves what was going on with Ant, UNC basically fucks their student athletes

I'm not blaming UNC here, I'll blame the kids for not taking care of their school work when it's spoon-fed to them by academic advisors and whatnot.
0 x
Go Rhody
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by CamsRams »

Anybody heard of any recent visits? Is Fuchs still in play?
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

CamsRams wrote: 11 months ago Anybody heard of any recent visits? Is Fuchs still in play?
Haven't heard anything new yet, which doesn't necessarily mean anything.

Just started the " Dead Period" 5/18 - 5/26.
No in-person contact with recruits.

After that follows the "Quiet Period' where coaches can't meet with recruits off-campus, but they can visit the college.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

At this point with only 1 spot open, at least for now, I will be very surprised if we get an immediate impact player (again, hope I am wrong, and we get a gift).
I am thinking any addition will just provide depth or possibly a freshman recruit who will either RS or play limited minutes.
The staff and most of us die-hard fans probably have a pretty good idea of what our rotation will look like.
Still feeling that this team won't crack the top half of the conference and more than likely end up in the bottom tier.
Even at that I hope to see some improvement and player development that can give us reason to be more optimistic for the following season and future.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Billyboy78 wrote: 11 months ago The latest to enter the portal who Kenny followed and who followed back. 6'7" wing from FAMU.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... ylen-bates

He would be a better get than Green.

9 ppg and 7 boards.

39% from 3

Dropped 21 against Kentucky, 14 against Florida, 13 against Louisville.
0 x
URI_05
ARD

Unread post by URI_05 »

2 x