Thank you for an amazing season!

Discuss everything related to the women's team.
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Thank you for an amazing season!

Unread post by PeteRI »

Record number of wins for the second year in a row. First A10 title championship. First two postseason wins in program history. Just a phenomenal season and it's only going to get better. Thank you Tammi and every one of the Lady Rams!
Last edited by PeteRI 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
10 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Re: Thank you for an amazing season!

Unread post by section(105) »

Yes, yes!! Once I got going, immediately saw the style of play that is infectious for those that enjoy basics of basketball. Really looking forward for next season. Great work Tammi, you converted me.
6 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

Yep, this team far exceeded my original expectations.
Great job Tammi, looking forward to next season.
1 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

2 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Next year NCAA tournament baby
4 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Love how Tammi's and her players' success leads to even more success:

“We’re in with a lot more kids who we couldn’t get the time of day with two, three years ago,” Reiss said. “We couldn’t even get their coach on the phone, let alone have them call us right back. That’s a testament to the two teams — last year and this year — and what they’ve accomplished."
5 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

It all starts with Tammi. Very charismatic personality. "If you build it, they will come" That's her to a T
4 x
Spook5365
Marc Upshaw

Unread post by Spook5365 »

So enjoyable to watch this team play.
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Do we really need to add to the roster through the portal? Turnovers were a problem, but the majority of them came from the bigs, not the guards. Ines Debriose led the team in assist/turnover ratio. I thought the team ran better with her on the floor than it did with Say Say towards the end of the year. I think we're fine at PG with her, Sophia Vital and Chantelle Blagrove. We've got both our top bigs returning also. 3 good shooters returning with more coming in the frosh class. Really good rebounder in Dutat coming back at the 4. Continued development of 8 players who got a lot of minutes this year. Sure, if there's a stud player who wants to transfer here, why not? That would also mean somebody is leaving. Right now there are no open scholarships. I'm not sure anyone would want to leave.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 year ago Do we really need to add to the roster through the portal? Turnovers were a problem, but the majority of them came from the bigs, not the guards. Ines Debriose led the team in assist/turnover ratio. I thought the team ran better with her on the floor than it did with Say Say towards the end of the year. I think we're fine at PG with her, Sophia Vital and Chantelle Blagrove. We've got both our top bigs returning also. 3 good shooters returning with more coming in the frosh class. Really good rebounder in Dutat coming back at the 4. Continued development of 8 players who got a lot of minutes this year. Sure, if there's a stud player who wants to transfer here, why not? That would also mean somebody is leaving. Right now there are no open scholarships. I'm not sure anyone would want to leave.
We currently have 1 open spot available.
The women are allowed 15 scholarships, with our 3 recruits we have 14 so far.
0 x
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

I would take a proven PG if one is available. The only PGs we have are Ines, Blagrove who didn't play and the incoming freshman. Ines gained experience this year, but she had trouble under pressure. I'm sure she will improve. But, what if she gets injured? We need a proven PG for 1 year.
0 x
NCAAs or Bust!
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Rhody72 wrote: 1 year ago I would take a proven PG if one is available. The only PGs we have are Ines, Blagrove who didn't play and the incoming freshman. Ines gained experience this year, but she had trouble under pressure. I'm sure she will improve. But, what if she gets injured? We need a proven PG for 1 year.
Last year Tammi brought in Grad PG Lassiter from Rutgers.
The year before Tammi brought in Grad PG Chanell Williams from PC

I'd guess Tammi brings in another experienced PG for next season

There will be more roster turnover and more Transfers added

Every year for Tammi is better than the previous year. She and her staff will continue that trend with added talent.
2 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

ramster wrote: 1 year ago
Rhody72 wrote: 1 year ago I would take a proven PG if one is available. The only PGs we have are Ines, Blagrove who didn't play and the incoming freshman. Ines gained experience this year, but she had trouble under pressure. I'm sure she will improve. But, what if she gets injured? We need a proven PG for 1 year.

Every year for Tammi is better than the previous year. She and her staff will continue that trend with added talent.
Who do you think is leaving though? 8 of the returning players got good minutes. Of the other 3 returning players, 2 are freshmen and one is a redshirt. I don't see anyone on the team who is an obvious transfer candidate.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 year ago

Who do you think is leaving though? 8 of the returning players got good minutes. Of the other 3 returning players, 2 are freshmen and one is a redshirt. I don't see anyone on the team who is an obvious transfer candidate.
Going by what I've seen the past 3 years.
1 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

There was a subtle reference to players exploring the transfer portal for NIL money, that was made by Tammi in her now famous press briefing. She glanced at the two players to either side of her and they gave little grins.

It wouldn't surprise me if one or two players left to explore the market. You hope it doesn't happen, or that they can get whatever they are being offered elsewhere, here. And you hope it's not a Phillips or a Toure. And also you hope that the kind of team and program Tammi has put together would make the vast majority of players want to stay put, but that being said, I don't think some movement would come as a complete shock at this point.

If there are scholarships to fill, Tammi has a very specific pattern to her recruitment process, right now is open season to explore the 5th year grad market and raid the Conference for talent.
2 x
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

In an interview Tammi made a reference to getting bigger, While from my seat I see the need for a proven PG, Tammi is a better judge at projecting the performance of her players and needs for the team.
1 x
NCAAs or Bust!
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

I hope the continuous improvement in the program and sustained excellence will lead to better attendance. This team is very entertaining and deserves to draw much bigger crowds.
2 x
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

Perhaps Keaney Blue should list the Women's BB discussion before the Men's BB discussion? This could be changed year-to-year based on the success of each program the previous season.
0 x
NCAAs or Bust!
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Rhody72 wrote: 1 year ago Perhaps Keaney Blue should list the Women's BB discussion before the Men's BB discussion? This could be changed year-to-year based on the success of each program the previous season.
Makes sense. Except maybe Women's BB discussion, followed by URI Football and then Men's BB discussion
1 x
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

Rhody72 wrote: 1 year ago Perhaps Keaney Blue should list the Women's BB discussion before the Men's BB discussion? This could be changed year-to-year based on the success of each program the previous season.
Makes sense. Except maybe Women's BB discussion, followed by URI Football and then Men's BB discussion
Fair enough, but we need to agree on the metric for success. I'll suggest the percentage of conference wins.
0 x
NCAAs or Bust!
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

Might as well make Track and Field our #1 category, then.
2 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Just change the NCAA or Bust title for the men's. We've been busting for 5 years now.
2 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

No track and field. Just the big 3 sports
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 year ago Just change the NCAA or Bust title for the men's. We've been busting for 5 years now.
NCAA or Bust has become 95% Transfer messaging
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 year ago Just change the NCAA or Bust title for the men's. We've been busting for 5 years now.
So, the new title should be ' To Transfer or Not to Transfer'?
0 x
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

SGreenwell wrote: 1 year ago Might as well make Track and Field our #1 category, then.
I totally disagree. Keaney Blue rightfully only has separate discussion groups for what URI designates as major sports. And, as you know, T&F does not have a separate discussion group and is included in other sports. URI cared so little about T&F that the outside track was left condemned for many years.

My suggestion was serious. Keaney Blue should objectively recognize our most successful major sport by giving them top billing the following year.
2 x
NCAAs or Bust!
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

No. Put Transfer Discussion in Recruiting, or have a separate section in Recruiting for Freshmen Recruiting (traditional like it is now) and then Transfers which is taking up 95% of the discussion and will likely continue throughout April to September if last year was any indication. Transfer discussion does not belong in NCAA or BUST any more than Freshmen Recruiting does. I am not the only poster that has suggested this either.
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

No. Put Transfer Discussion in Recruiting, or have a separate section in Recruiting for Freshmen Recruiting (traditional like it is now) and then Transfers which is taking up 95% of the discussion and will likely continue throughout April to September if last year was any indication. Transfer discussion does not belong in NCAA or BUST any more than Freshmen Recruiting does. I am not the only poster that has suggested this either.
To be honest, our team doesn't belong in a section called NCAAs or Bust. But really, who cares?
2 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

To be honest, our team doesn't belong in a section called NCAAs or Bust. But really, who cares?
NCAA Bust would be more interesting without 4 threads with loads of miscellaneous posts about 100"s of transfers, many of whom we are not even in contact with. This dominates NCAA or BUST now for just about 12 months per year. Moving that discussion to Recruiting or to another area would make NCAA or BUST more interesting, I think. Losing interest fast to that subject.

I'm more interested in what Archie and Staff put on the floor in October - the Final Product. Not how he sifts through 1800 possible guys.

Like with Tammi - trust her to bring in top Transfers and Freshmen and she does. I'm confident her team that takes the floor in October will continue the trend that every season is better than the previous season.
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

NCAA Bust would be more interesting without 4 threads with loads of miscellaneous posts about 100"s of transfers, many of whom we are not even in contact with. This dominates NCAA or BUST now for just about 12 months per year. Moving that discussion to Recruiting or to another area would make NCAA or BUST more interesting, I think. Losing interest fast to that subject.

I'm more interested in what Archie and Staff put on the floor in October - the Final Product. Not how he sifts through 1800 possible guys.
There isn't much else to talk about right now.
2 x
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

I'm keeping my NCAAs or Bust tag line. That is my standard of excellence - be in the top 10-20% of D1 schools. Too many posters here are satisfied with less. It infuriates me that when we reach this goal, the administration doesn't make the commitment to keep us there (ie hiring a JD or a DC). Seriously, I recall going to a tournament game and listening to URI administrator's complain about how much extra work planning tournament trips was for them.
2 x
NCAAs or Bust!
steviep123
Sly Williams

Rhody72 wrote: 1 year ago I'm keeping my NCAAs or Bust tag line. That is my standard of excellence - be in the top 10-20% of D1 schools. Too many posters here are satisfied with less. It infuriates me that when we reach this goal, the administration doesn't make the commitment to keep us there (ie hiring a JD or a DC). Seriously, I recall going to a tournament game and listening to URI administrator's complain about how much extra work planning tournament trips was for them.
100% agreed, fortunately I think between Thorr and Parlange, they get it. Listen to the Miller press conference a year ago where Thorr said to Parlange, (paraphrasing) "It can't be we want to get these items in place, they have to at least be in process." I'll have to listen again to get the exact quote, but finally after years of this, they are starting to get it. The best time to do it was in the past. The 2nd best time is now.

Now that admin who complained should have been fired.
2 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

steviep123 wrote: 1 year ago
Rhody72 wrote: 1 year ago I'm keeping my NCAAs or Bust tag line. That is my standard of excellence - be in the top 10-20% of D1 schools. Too many posters here are satisfied with less. It infuriates me that when we reach this goal, the administration doesn't make the commitment to keep us there (ie hiring a JD or a DC). Seriously, I recall going to a tournament game and listening to URI administrator's complain about how much extra work planning tournament trips was for them.
100% agreed, fortunately I think between Thorr and Parlange, they get it. Listen to the Miller press conference a year ago where Thorr said to Parlange, (paraphrasing) "It can't be we want to get these items in place, they have to at least be in process." I'll have to listen again to get the exact quote, but finally after years of this, they are starting to get it. The best time to do it was in the past. The 2nd best time is now.

Now that admin who complained should have been fired.
Words are cheap. I hope you are right. Let's see if we get a discount coach next time.
0 x
NCAAs or Bust!
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

There isn't much else to talk about right now.
Correct, 78. And prior to transfers, the dominant topic was Cooley / Coaching Carousel. It’s the time of the season.
1 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

When and how did we become early to mid 90's Tennessee?
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 1 year ago
No idea what this means
0 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

No idea what this means
Tennessee was the team under Pat Summit back then. Perhaps before Geno at UConn.
1 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

4 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

You had me at "don't cry", Tammi.

Cannot wait for next year.
2 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

No idea what this means
Tennessee during that time was very good in women's basketball and football, not as much in men's basketball
1 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

2 x