'21 F/C Tyson Brown (Florida Southwestern JC ---> URI ---> ??? )

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Re: '21 F/C Tyson Brown (Florida Southwestern JC ---> URI)

Unread post by Dino611 »

Gonebarongone wrote: 1 year ago This kid could be great but this team building is an abject disaster. There is no other way to describe it. Prep recruiting is awful. Portal getting killed both ways. Player retention is head scratching. This guy was the Dayton and Indiana coach with a name that has some cred and this is the best he can do? A team of JUCOs and incoming frosh that no one knows. Horrible.
Dude the off-season isn’t over yet

Relax
4 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Gonebarongone wrote: 1 year ago This kid could be great but this team building is an abject disaster. There is no other way to describe it. Prep recruiting is awful. Portal getting killed both ways. Player retention is head scratching. This guy was the Dayton and Indiana coach with a name that has some cred and this is the best he can do? A team of JUCOs and incoming frosh that no one knows. Horrible.
Clown
2 x
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

It's March, my guy. Consult a calendar.
2 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

GBG is just playing the odds. He wants to make sure everyone remembers that he was thoroughly against all of this, so that if the team flops again, he can come back here and crow about it and remind everyone of his position on the matter.

This has been going on for a very long time now, he's been doing this for a very long time, to the point it's predictable. If the opposite happens, you won't hear a peep out of him. A lot of guys on here are all about the "I told you so" thing.

It's been noted. Now, Archie has gotten one commitment so far. And it's a good commitment. At least have the patience to wait and see what the other ones are.
5 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

jcru wrote: 1 year ago GBG is just playing the odds. He wants to make sure everyone remembers that he was thoroughly against all of this, so that if the team flops again, he can come back here and crow about it and remind everyone of his position on the matter.

This has been going on for a very long time now, he's been doing this for a very long time, to the point it's predictable. If the opposite happens, you won't hear a peep out of him. A lot of guys on here are all about the "I told you so" thing.

It's been noted. Now, Archie has gotten one commitment so far. And it's a good commitment. At least have the patience to wait and see what the other ones are.
Bingo! Maybe his next post will be about Dan Hurley being an average coach who got where he was bc of his name and can’t coach offense.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

A certain twitter account posted an interview with him but because everyone hates the account, I won’t post it.
0 x
Go Rhody
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Good job
2 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

ramster wrote: 1 year agoGood job
Just kidding, here it is.

6 x
Go Rhody
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

KJ killed it!

Archie does have a great basketball mind. Very interesting when he said the vision Archie has for URI is crazy, and the vision he has for him and the $$$ they are putting into the program is unbelievable.

Let's go!!!
4 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Dino611 wrote: 1 year ago
Dude the off-season isn’t over yet

Relax
Come on GBG , give it proper time , Arch going to run this league in a couple of years
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Well spoken kid. Good attitude.I like him.
2 x
The Dude
Tom Garrick

Unread post by The Dude »

I like the mobility, quickness, & intensity this kid showed in the highlight video. He really seems to go right at the basket right away. Seemed very decisive. Hope things work out well.
1 x
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Marcus Garvey
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

KevanBoyles wrote: 1 year ago What’s the prevailing wisdom? Will Tyson play the 4 or a 5?
Definitely.
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 1 year ago
KevanBoyles wrote: 1 year ago What’s the prevailing wisdom? Will Tyson play the 4 or a 5?
Definitely.
Depends on who the 4-6 TBD future incoming transfers are. Still a lot of roster movement to take place. It's only March.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Tyson was the first domino to fall can’t wait to see who’s next
1 x
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

bigappleram wrote: 1 year ago
jcru wrote: 1 year ago GBG is just playing the odds. He wants to make sure everyone remembers that he was thoroughly against all of this, so that if the team flops again, he can come back here and crow about it and remind everyone of his position on the matter.

Bingo! Maybe his next post will be about Dan Hurley being an average coach who got where he was bc of his name and can’t coach offense.
That's right! How's that take aging?
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Rhody15 wrote: 1 year ago

I've never heard anyone complain about this type of content, in fact he was fawned over in the beginning when he was exclusively posting stuff like this
3 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 1 year ago

I've never heard anyone complain about this type of content, in fact he was fawned over in the beginning when he was exclusively posting stuff like this
Everyone loved it (including myself when he started around a year ago) but then went a little bit sideways when the season started and gassed up our rival programs on his account Rhody Vault, plus taking taking digs at Archie, if he had just the one account sure no one has an issue, but the guy created another 3/4 account for other leagues including Big East Vault and A10
Vault, if he wants to go ahead and do that stuff for the other programs go ahead just do it on his other accounts
0 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Good stuff thanks for the link. Impressive interview-I’m optimistic about this player!
0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Dino611 wrote: 1 year ago
RhowdyRam02 wrote: 1 year ago

Everyone loved it (including myself when he started around a year ago) but then went a little bit sideways when the season started and gassed up our rival programs on his account Rhody Vault, plus taking taking digs at Archie, if he had just the one account sure no one has an issue, but the guy created another 3/4 account for other leagues including Big East Vault and A10
Vault, if he wants to go ahead and do that stuff for the other programs go ahead just do it on his other accounts
I was his biggest fan when he started with content celebrating our past. Which given he branded himself the Rhody Vault, it’s safe to assume everyone thought that would be his shtick. I even defended his dumb attempt at breaking news with the Tre MItchell thing bc in my mind it didn’t take away from the great historic content about the program he was putting out.

Then it’s quite clear his shtick changed and the pot shots and passive aggressive barbs at Archie started. Not hard to deduce what happened there. He then quite literally fanned the flames with Bray after Game 1 and the rest is history. His motives aren’t rooted in fandom.
3 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Re: 21’ F/C Tyson Brown (JUCO)

Unread post by PeteRI »

TruePoint wrote: 1 year ago
RhodyRams916 wrote: 1 year ago

I like that they're using the new training facility for pictures.
I like even more how most have posted pics in the Keaney jerseys.

Hopefully those are worn more as they are without question the nicest looking ones we have.
I like the backdrop of the picture that makes it look like Kingston is in the French Alps lol
Well, our program does have a steep hill to climb. 🤓
1 x
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

I like the positive can do attitude of this guy! Welcome to the RamFam Tyson, glad to have you!
2 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

Thanks for posting the Vault vid, 15. ;)
0 x
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by KingstonLane »

Anyone else notice the comment Tyson made about a new strength and conditioning coach from Indiana ?
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

KingstonLane wrote: 1 year ago

Anyone else notice the comment Tyson made about a new strength and conditioning coach from Indiana ?
Yes. One other thing I found interesting was his comment on how much money we're spending. Was he referring to the practice facility? Archie's salary? Or even more importantly (in my opinion from the player's perspective), NIL money?
2 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Vaults content is great and I think he’s an excellent interviewer, that said he obviously has an ace to grind with Arch
1 x
Rhody_NYCT
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by Rhody_NYCT »

Good interview. Tyson is an impressive young guy. Very mature. Looking forward to see him take the next step with us!
2 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

Rhody_NYCT wrote: 1 year ago Good interview. Tyson is an impressive young guy. Very mature. Looking forward to see him take the next step with us!
Last time we had a Tyson it turned out pretty well.
1 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Very impressive young man. Look forward to your career here Tyson.
2 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

2 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

adam914 wrote: 1 year ago
That’s how you do it Tyson B , get that pen to paper baby
3 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

reef wrote: 1 year ago
adam914 wrote: 1 year ago
That’s how you do it Tyson B , get that pen to paper baby
He should wear #12 just for fun
0 x
dave11to28
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by dave11to28 »

Nah. His name is Tyson. How about #21 after one of the greatest to ever wear a uri uniform?
0 x
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

#21 it is.

2 x
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by CamsRams »

1 x
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

This is the recruit I'm most blindly optimistic about. Seems to have the physique to be a legit 5... at the A10 level. We badly need some rim protection in the middle and a big who can be semi-competent on the offensive end, he looks the part.
5 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Fitting Tyson wearing 21 let’s go !!
1 x
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by CamsRams »

0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Brown was a nice pickup for this team, and having a big man who can make an impact in the A10 will be great. I know some people have already given up on Brown and this entire roster, but I think he will prove the haters on here wrong.

Let's go Tyson!
1 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

steveystuds06 wrote: 11 months ago Brown was a nice pickup for this team, and having a big man who can make an impact in the A10 will be great. I know some people have already given up on Brown and this entire roster, but I think he will prove the haters on here wrong.

Let's go Tyson!
Don’t think I’ve seen one person completely give up on Brown.
0 x
Go Rhody
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

steveystuds06 wrote: 11 months ago Brown was a nice pickup for this team, and having a big man who can make an impact in the A10 will be great. I know some people have already given up on Brown and this entire roster, but I think he will prove the haters on here wrong.

Let's go Tyson!
I'm guessing that 'hater' statement is directed at me since I don't agree with your assessment of our roster and what I perceive to be some recent recruiting fails. That's a ridiculous statement. I have loved URI basketball for about 55 years.
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Rhody15 wrote: 11 months ago

Let's go Tyson!
Dude please, for the love of god, leave me alone. I don't want to talk to you, respond to you, or do any of this bs with you. Just leave me alone, and I'll leave you alone.

I'm talking about the negative people here complaining that our recruiting class isn't going to make a difference when we haven't even played a second of basketball. No, I don't think anyone has brought up Tyson's name specifically and said they have completely given up on him. If you haven't seen the negativity on here lately, Idk what to tell you. I feel like I have to spell everything out to you repeatedly as if I'm speaking to my 5-year-old niece..Man, it's annoying.
1 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Billyboy78 wrote: 11 months ago

Let's go Tyson!
I'm guessing that 'hater' statement is directed at me since I don't agree with your assessment of our roster and what I perceive to be some recent recruiting fails. That's a ridiculous statement. I have loved URI basketball for about 55 years.
No, it's not just at you. I think a few people are being way too negative at this stage. You did say that our current group players are, ok or at best, above average, and none of them will help us get back to the top of the A10. I think it's way too early to be that negative. If we suck again this season, sure. Even then, we still may have a player or two to build around.. We have so many new faces and players coming in that this doom and gloom by some is premature.
2 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

steveystuds06 wrote: 11 months ago

Let's go Tyson!
Dude please, for the love of god, leave me alone. I don't want to talk to you, respond to you, or do any of this bs with you. Just leave me alone, and I'll leave you alone.

I'm talking about the negative people here complaining that our recruiting class isn't going to make a difference when we haven't even played a second of basketball. No, I don't think anyone has brought up Tyson's name specifically and said they have completely given up on him. If you haven't seen the negativity on here lately, Idk what to tell you. I feel like I have to spell everything out to you repeatedly as if I'm speaking to my 5-year-old niece..Man, it's annoying.
In your initial post you literally go “I know some people have already given up on Brown”

And now you’re saying “I don’t think anyone has brought Tyson’s name specifically and said they have completely given up on him.”

A complete contradiction.

And yes, another “reading comprehension” dig with that last sentence! Nice!
3 x
Go Rhody
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

In your initial post you literally go “I know some people have already given up on Brown”

And now you’re saying “I don’t think anyone has brought Tyson’s name specifically and said they have completely given up on him.”

Mods I've tried to block this dude a few times. IDK if I'm doing something wrong. I have clicked the "add foe" option. Is that how I block him? Anyways, after I've done that in the past I still see his comments so if you can please help me Id appreciate it, I have asked him to leave me alone like 100 times in the past year or so, but he won't stop.
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Mods I've tried to block this dude a few times. IDK if I'm doing something wrong. I have clicked the "add foe" option. Is that how I block him? Anyways, after I've done that in the past I still see his comments so if you can please help me Id appreciate it, I have asked him to leave me alone like 100 times in the past year or so, but he won't stop.

…leave you alone? What are you 12 years old?

I’m not harassing you, taking personal shots, using vulgar language, etc towards you.

We’re two of the most active posters here, so of course I’m going to respond to some of your posts.
2 x
Go Rhody
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

There have been two posters in this section who I think Stevey is reffering too in this thread, one with an absolute stupid take and who’s a clown, the second one who’s more hesistant and can respect his opinion at least

It is not you 15
Last edited by Dino611 11 months ago, edited 2 times in total.
1 x
SandorClegane
Art Stephenson

Unread post by SandorClegane »

Browns game reminds me a Cyril, with a little more polish. Excited to see him play. Like to see the toughness and grit he plays with.
0 x
“The greatest things in life are invisible to the eye”
- Mr. Rogers
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

SandorClegane wrote: 11 months ago Browns game reminds me a Cyril, with a little more polish. Excited to see him play. Like to see the toughness and grit he plays with.
Maybe a little, but still hard tell without Div.1 competition.
Cyril averaged a double/double his last 2 seasons here, if Brown can match that production, he would certainly be a win for our staff.
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

…leave you alone? What are you 12 years old?

I’m not harassing you, taking personal shots, using vulgar language, etc towards you.

We’re two of the most active posters here, so of course I’m going to respond to some of your posts.
I feel like I'm 12 years old when I'm responding to you. I really do. The problem is I'm 35 years old, and I don't want to keep doing this with you. I come here when I can take a break from my work and my life to talk with fans of this program. not have you bust my balls and be a condescending know it all to me and everyone..I can disagree with many people on here, but most actually show some respect for other posters. You're rude just to be rude. You say things to get under people's skin all the time. We all get heated on here sometimes and go overboard, but there have only been two posters that are unnecessarily rude to people consistently. You and DC Rams.

So yes, like a 12-year-old I now have to block someone on a URI message board because they annoy me so much. That's incredible to me, but it is what it is.

Sorry Mods, I promise that's it from me about this...

I don't see much Cyril in Brown's game, but that would be awesome Sandor. Cyril had a motor that you don't really see in many players in this day and age. Brown does seem to have better hands than Cyril and a better touch. As Jersey said, we will need to see how he rebounds against D1 bigs. Totally different animal compared to jucos where there is not much defense and guys are throwing up shots left and right.
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING