We Can Do This.

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

We Can Do This.

Unread post by Blue Man »

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!?

I mean, yeah, "entertaining" isn't exactly what I'd use to describe URI basketball this year. BUT - thankfully, it's not a word you would use to describe ANY team in the A10 this year.

You wanted spinzone? I'll give you spinzone! You don't want spinzone!? YOU'RE GETTING SPINZONE! WELCOME TO THE THUNDERDOME.

While constantly on the wrong side of close games this year, with the bounces not going our way, it's tournament week. Literally anything can happen. The best thing about college basketball in March is that one random guy catches fire and puts a team on his back. We have a guy with that capability. Ish has gone for 20 or more 9 times this season. He's gone for 30+ twice. You can't tell me that he can't carry this team for 3 days and get us to a rest day on Friday.

Support-wise, it's thin - but it's wildly inconsistent. Who says it can't be inconsistent the other way for us this week? Carey, while turnover prone with the ball in his hands - has the ability to drop in the high teens on a random night. You only need him to step up 2 of the 3 this week to make it to the weekend, opening the door for someone else on that the other night.

Rory? Martin? Weston? Rory's been coming on as a shooter of late.

Rhody's path to the improbable/impossible starts against La Salle. Then Duquesne. Then Fordham. Then probably Dayton. Then probably VCU or StL.

Let's begin. To the weekend we go...

La Salle - Went 1-1 against them with the loss coming in OT. Both those games had Bray - different look, who knows how La Salle defends now. Carey dropped 18 both games against La Salle. Ish played big as well. Coin flip game for sure, I like our chances.

Duquesne - Took a loss in one of our worst shooting performances of the season - which is saying something. We had Bray then...Bray who went 2/11 and 1/6. For those paying attention at home - that's 18% and 16% respectively. Woof. Ish was also bad - 3/11 and 0/3. Overall we shot 38% from the field. Not great. Carey had 15. It'll be a big game for him and a bounceback needed for ish. One of Rory's 1st 3's of the season too. You can't say if we play the Dukes that we have no chance.

Fordham - A team we went 1-1 against, but could've gone 2-0 on the road and without Bray. Carey hasn't played well against Fordham, but Malik has. That will have to be the senior's moment if we want to make it to the weekend.

If you're sitting here, reading this, trying to apply logic, or poo-pooing the idea that Rhody could win 3 games in 3 days - why are you a fan? There were no expectations this year. Who cares about W/L. One game at a time. And the one game at a time is against one of the worst conferences in the country. ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN. It's why college basketball is the best.

Rhody isn't the best team in the conference obviously, but being the best team in this conference doesn't mean you're some unstoppable force. It's a conference comprised of inconsistent basketball where the most wins have been the teams who got the bounces. THEY HAVE TO BOUNCE OUR WAY SOME TIME.

STRAP UP BOYS. LET'S SHOCK THE (regional/underperforming middle to smallish public and private universities of a random geographical hodgepodge of schools from the northeast to virginia to missouri) WORLD

SEE YOU SATURDAY BROOKLYN
9 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Re: We Can Do This.

Unread post by Rhody15 »

If we can do it, it’d be against these teams. Definitely got a favorable draw.

Second round I definitely would rather play the Dukes than GW with Bishop/Adams.
0 x
Go Rhody
neil
Art Stephenson

Unread post by neil »

Thank you!!!!!!!
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

Rhody15 wrote: 1 year ago If we can do it, it’d be against these teams. Definitely got a favorable draw.

Second round I definitely would rather play the Dukes than GW with Bishop/Adams.
Yes, I think we definitely have the best possible opening 3-game schedule you can ask for in this tournament.

We just have to play well, give Ish some scoring help, and go on a roll.
Something we haven't done much of this season.
1 x
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

Love the enthusiasm Blue Man I wish we had the depth to make it far but I just think we have too little, probably will have 4 scholarships open by the end of next week
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Dino611 wrote: 1 year ago Love the enthusiasm Blue Man I wish we had the depth to make it far but I just think we have too little, probably will have 4 scholarships open by the end of next week
Move that shit to the sad threads! We'll be drinking at McMahon's on Saturday!
2 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to Rhody's NIL
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Imagine drawing Lasalle, Duquesne and Fordham to get to the semis and feeling like it's too daunting. Smdh
I'll be there but wish I had Blue's optimism.
I just don't think our back court is good enough to string together 2-3 good games in a row. That's what it would take.
Good games from Ish, Carey and Thomas and we certainly can compete with anyone. But we haven't seen that consistently this year.
Last edited by bigappleram 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
2 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

I'll admit that when I didn't see GW in our path, it made me wonder what if? Its as natural as breathing for a fan to think with the jar completely full this time of year and I'm doing it again. WHY NOT US.
0 x
GO RAMS
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Good luck, thoughts, and prayers for all of you saying why not us. I'll leave it at that since this is not a sad thread according to Blue Man
2 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
79RhodyFan
Steve Chubin

Unread post by 79RhodyFan »

Blue Man wrote: 1 year ago ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!?

I mean, yeah, "entertaining" isn't exactly what I'd use to describe URI basketball this year. BUT - thankfully, it's not a word you would use to describe ANY team in the A10 this year.

You wanted spinzone? I'll give you spinzone! You don't want spinzone!? YOU'RE GETTING SPINZONE! WELCOME TO THE THUNDERDOME.

While constantly on the wrong side of close games this year, with the bounces not going our way, it's tournament week. Literally anything can happen. The best thing about college basketball in March is that one random guy catches fire and puts a team on his back. We have a guy with that capability. Ish has gone for 20 or more 9 times this season. He's gone for 30+ twice. You can't tell me that he can't carry this team for 3 days and get us to a rest day on Friday.

Support-wise, it's thin - but it's wildly inconsistent. Who says it can't be inconsistent the other way for us this week? Carey, while turnover prone with the ball in his hands - has the ability to drop in the high teens on a random night. You only need him to step up 2 of the 3 this week to make it to the weekend, opening the door for someone else on that the other night.

Rhody's path to the improbable/impossible starts against La Salle. Then Duquesne. Then Fordham. Then probably Dayton. Then probably VCU or StL.

La Salle - Went 1-1 against them with the loss coming in OT. Both those games had Bray - different look, who knows how La Salle defends now. Carey dropped 18 both games against La Salle. Ish played big as well. Coin flip game for sure, I like our chances.

Duquesne - Took a loss in one of our worst shooting performances of the season - which is saying something. We had Bray then...Bray who went 2/11 and 1/6. For those paying attention at home - that's 18% and 16% respectively. Woof. Ish was also bad - 3/11 and 0/3. Overall we shot 38% from the field. Not great. Carey had 15. It'll be a big game for him and a bounceback needed for ish. One of Rory's 1st 3's of the season too. You can't say if we play the Dukes that we have no chance.

Fordham - A team we went 1-1 against, but could've gone 2-0 on the road and without Bray. Carey hasn't played well against Fordham, but Malik has. That will have to be the senior's moment if we want to make it to the weekend.

If you're sitting here, reading this, trying to apply logic, or poo-pooing the idea that Rhody could win 3 games in 3 days - why are you a fan? There were no expectations this year. Who cares about W/L. One game at a time. And the one game at a time is against one of the worst conferences in the country. ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN. It's why college basketball is the best.

Rhody isn't the best team in the conference obviously, but being the best team in this conference doesn't mean you're some unstoppable force. It's a conference comprised of inconsistent basketball where the most wins have been the teams who got the bounces. THEY HAVE TO BOUNCE OUR WAY SOME TIME.

STRAP UP BOYS. LET'S SHOCK THE (regional/underperforming middle to smallish public and private universities of a random geographical hodgepodge of schools from the northeast to virginia to missouri) WORLD

I agree Blue man! When I saw Rhody's draw I started to get excited thinking we can win these three games and then anything can happen! But then I started reflected on the season and started thinking I must of been drinking too much of ECRs limoncello. But after reading Blue Man's post I am going to continue to believe we have a chance. We can do this!!! Ish goes off, Weston becomes much more aggressive and confident and becomes a force, Alex starts catching the ball and uses his size to dominate, Rory looks to shoot and gets hot, Malik continues doing all the things he does well and maybe passes the ball off instead of getting his shots blocked, Thomas continues his hustle plays smart and doesn't force shots, Jalen plays smart and uses his athleticism to show the player he is capable of being, and Hutch plays in spots and shows off his potential. F Logic we can do this! Why not. What a story!!! What a great way to save an awful season! LET THE DREAM RUN BEGIN GO RHODY!!!! Can't wait for Tuesday. It really could happen
1 x
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

Blue Man wrote: 1 year ago
Dino611 wrote: 1 year ago Love the enthusiasm Blue Man I wish we had the depth to make it far but I just think we have too little, probably will have 4 scholarships open by the end of next week
Move that shit to the sad threads! We'll be drinking at McMahon's on Saturday!
Drinks on me if we do Blue Man
1 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

I live in the real world. There is sadly no chance this team has a deep Brooklyn run.
2 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

RF1 wrote: 1 year ago I live in the real world. There is sadly no chance this team has a deep Brooklyn run.
Shhhh we're not allowed to live in the real world here!
0 x
Go Rhody
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

This actually a high reward, very little risk proposition.

If you lose, so what? No one is going to make a big deal about it.

But if you win... oh, mama. And URI drew an awesome path. And URI is capable of beating any of these teams, individually.

The only problem is, can they beat a string of them, all in a row? In a very short amount of time? Can they catch fire?
3 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

So all we need is consistency from the inconsistent? When you put it that way, I'm in!
4 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
luke
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by luke »

Love this Blueman and I don't think your thoughts are farfetched at all. All they have to do is win one game against a Lasalle team that isn't any
better than URI is . If they win that game then you can look forward and the next opponent is not going to be a guaranteed win for Duquesne
although they have been playing well lately . Uri will have played a game and the jitters will likely have some effect early on Duquesne who will have been waiting around for a day . if they can pull that one off somehow, I don't think they fear Fordham . so the makings do exist to get the ball rolling here .
Just win the first one and go from there . that is not too much to ask.
2 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Activate Foumena. We can do this.
1 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

Iggy1979 wrote: 1 year ago So all we need is consistency from the inconsistent? When you put it that way, I'm in!
Consistency from the inconsistent!

The makings of a battle cry, if I ever heard one!

Go Rhody!
1 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Rhody15 wrote: 1 year ago
RF1 wrote: 1 year ago I live in the real world. There is sadly no chance this team has a deep Brooklyn run.
Ahh, yes, you live in the real world, right? If only we had more logical, knowledgeable fans on here living in the real world like you. This place would so be so positive.

I agree with you, RF1. It is a great draw on paper, but I think we win one and lose. I don't think we have enough talent and are way too inconsistent to make a run. Obviously, I hope I'm dead wrong, and I'll be losing my mind tomorrow rooting for this team. Anything can happen! Let's hope Bassy gets hot. I think he's our X factor. If he can score in double digits, we may be able to surprise a few teams

Remember when Will Daniels had a monster game in the A10 tournament and we knew he would be special? I hope we get that from Weston.
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

You live in the

only having the most negative take on literally every aspect of the program and team with every single post. Which is pathetic.
1 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

steveystuds06 wrote: 1 year ago
Ahh, yes, you live in the real world, right? If only we had more logical, knowledgeable fans on here living in the real world like you. This place would so be so positive.

I agree with you, RF1. It is a great draw on paper, but I think we win one and lose. I don't think we have enough talent and are way too inconsistent to make a run. Obviously, I hope I'm dead wrong, and I'll be losing my mind tomorrow rooting for this team. Anything can happen! Let's hope Bassy gets hot. I think he's our X factor. If he can score in double digits, we may be able to surprise a few teams

Remember when Will Daniels had a monster game in the A10 tournament and we knew he would be special? I hope we get that from Weston.
How dare you try and say Weston might become a good player! He plays on "the worst team in 40 years" which means no one will develop, any flashes of ability is just them getting lucky and oh gosh we just need 13 scholarship players because if a freshman player sucks that means they will always suck!
3 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Blue Man wrote: 1 year ago ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!?

1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

The draw is about as favorable as it can be but it’s hard to feel to optimistic based on what we saw the last game but I’ll be watching for sure hoping we strike lightning in a bottle
1 x
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

I root for URI to win every game, but I wouldn't bet a beer on URI winning any game against any A10 opponent. We have lost 8(?) games in a row. Blue Man's prediction was brought to you by a someone who also supported the Dave Cox hiring. Was there ever a doubt that he is a Thorr rump swab? Good grief! If we went up by 20, we would still run out of gas and lose. We lack talent and depth.
0 x
NCAAs or Bust!
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

reef wrote: 1 year ago The draw is about as favorable as it can be but it’s hard to feel to optimistic based on what we saw the last game but I’ll be watching for sure hoping we strike lightning in a bottle
We were a bounce of the ball away from beating the #1 and #4 seeds in this tournament. We did beat the #3 seed once, and were a bounce away from beating them a 2nd time. We beat the #2 seed.

Throw it all out. Don't look for logic. Let's all drive to the devil's house together!!
1 x

Give to Rhody's NIL
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Rhody72 wrote: 1 year ago I root for URI to win every game, but I wouldn't bet a beer on URI winning any game against any A10 opponent. We have lost 8(?) games in a row. Blue Man's prediction was brought to you by a someone who also supported the Dave Cox hiring. Was there ever a doubt that he is a Thorr rump swab? Good grief! If we went up by 20, we would still run out of gas and lose. We lack talent and depth.
Keep your shit takes on the other threads. Thanks you bum.

Mods - wanna shit can the shit poster until the season is over? Give us like a day or a week until we have to read his bullshit again? This is the only part of the season that matters. Just put him in timeout please.
0 x

Give to Rhody's NIL
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Rhody72 wrote: 1 year ago I root for URI to win every game, but I wouldn't bet a beer on URI winning any game against any A10 opponent. We have lost 8(?) games in a row. Blue Man's prediction was brought to you by a someone who also supported the Dave Cox hiring. Was there ever a doubt that he is a Thorr rump swab? Good grief! If we went up by 20, we would still run out of gas and lose. We lack talent and depth.
We beat Loyola last week, but nice try!
4 x
Go Rhody
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

PeterRamTime wrote: 1 year ago
You live in the

only having the most negative take on literally every aspect of the program and team with every single post. Which is pathetic.

Sorry that you can't handle the present reality. It seems you prefer Fantasyland.
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Uh ohh... you slipped... This reminds me of when Walter White mistakenly admitted that he had that second cell phone before he had surgery..

You claim to watch every game and love this team so much, but you didn't know that we just beat Loyola?

Your cover has been blown!!! Again..
1 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

RF1 wrote: 1 year ago
You live in the

Sorry that you can't handle the present reality. It seems you prefer Fantasyland.
I think the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

We are paying our coach near the top of the league's standards. Have a practice facility opening soon. Have a president that seems committed to being good in sports. 14th in record but 5th in attendance. Besides the W/L record the program is in pretty good shape all things considered. Now Archie has to improve the product on the floor and I'm sure he will do that.
3 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

bigappleram wrote: 1 year ago We are paying our coach near the top of the league's standards. Have a practice facility opening soon. Have a president that seems committed to being good in sports. 14th in record but 5th in attendance. Besides the W/L record the program is in pretty good shape all things considered. Now Archie has to improve the product on the floor and I'm sure he will do that.
I was happy with the Archie hiring and think he can eventually build a successful program here. I however am disappointed in this season and give Archie a failing grade for year 1. He did not assemble the necessary talent and did not oversee a season which improved with time and can be easily built upon. I expected this team to struggle this year but did not think it would be this bad. I feel that this season further delayed the rebuild process. Archie has his work cut out for him. I very much hope he succeeds and think he ultimately can. While we are sometimes hard on our program, we do have some positives as you note. We consistently have a larger and more loyal following than all but four other A-10 programs. We have one of the nicer arenas in the league. We have a decent history of sporadic success under multiple head coaches which shows what can be done here. We will soon have a dedicated practice facility that will be mid range for the conference. We have a great campus location with plenty of room for growth. We have recently increased spending for program operations comparable to the upper tier of the A-10. We have a head coach that has already shown he can have great success in this league.
3 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

One player (Ish) improved significantly. One player (Bass) incrementally. Two players (Martin, Carey) regressed. Not a great result for the staff.
2 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Let’s see where we are after year 3 , I will bet on Arch and we will all be happy to
2 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

<sarcasm font>

He did not produce a miracle in one year, so big fat F as in F him.

But Jim Baron can have 20 years to turn the program around, no problem.

Rhody Fan logic...

</sarcasm font>
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Iggy1979 wrote: 1 year ago One player (Ish) improved significantly. One player (Bass) incrementally. Two players (Martin, Carey) regressed. Not a great result for the staff.
In what world did Jalen Carey regress?
2 x
Go Rhody
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

The foot he bounces the ball off of for turnovers went from a size 12.5 to a size 14. There is a rumor he started wearing a clown shoe on that foot as well.
2 x
Dowtinsavestheworld
Abdul Fox

Unread post by Dowtinsavestheworld »

Archie was a PG and he needs to find a PG to lead this program. When he does that we will start to see this program turn in the right direction. I believe we need a PG, Small forward with some length that can shoot, and 1 solid big. That could be a lot to ask for but if we hit a couple transfers then next year could be exciting.
It just takes that 1 or 2 players.
1 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

Well, he's in a battle with St. Bonny for the 3 and the 5. Hopefully he can beat them out and close the deal. St. Bonny like players at those positions wouldn't be a bad thing.
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Iggy1979 wrote: 1 year ago One player (Ish) improved significantly. One player (Bass) incrementally. Two players (Martin, Carey) regressed. Not a great result for the staff.
Well all his shooting percentages went down from prior year(s) and his turnovers went up 2x. Some of the latter is due to more usage and playing time but you would be hard pressed to say he improved.
2 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Last year he was 43% FG. This year 40% FG. Last year 46% 3PT. This year 20%. He did increase his free throws substantially from 65% to 83% which accounted for 25% of his total points. And he had 31 TO's last year and had 66 this year.
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

theblueram wrote: 1 year ago
Last year he was 43% FG. This year 40% FG. Last year 46% 3PT. This year 20%. He did increase his free throws substantially from 65% to 83% which accounted for 25% of his total points. And he had 31 TO's last year and had 66 this year.
Convenient you didn’t include minutes in there.

Seems to me that would have something to do with those
dips in %’s and an increase in turnovers.

You’re only including points that fit your narrative.

I’ll play your game though.

You want to include numbers with no talk about minutes? Sure let’s do it.

He increased his scoring rebounding assists blocks and steals.
0 x
Go Rhody
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Disagree on Carey. At worst he was about the same. Malik is about the same too really.

Weston, Stewart, Tchikou have all improved from not being able to provide anything to being able to provide decent production for freshmen.
1 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

You live in the

Oh I can I'm just able to put it in a reasonable perspective.

Being pessimistic for the sake of being pessimistic is stupid.

Players get better over time and often improve dramatically from their freshman year and at least three of them have noticeably improved over the course of the season. Rory, Alex and Weston.

We all know that we are going to grab players in the portal, we have numerous coaches with a lot of experience getting and developing talent. There's some talent on the roster and we will get some in the portal and things will likely improve drastically.

Discounting the fact that we, with this depleted, inexperienced, banged up roster can compete and beat anyone in this league right now is an encouraging sign. Doesn't matter that the league is down.
1 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

theblueram wrote: 1 year ago

Convenient you didn’t include minutes in there.

Seems to me that would have something to do with those
dips in %’s and an increase in turnovers.

You’re only including points that fit your narrative.

I’ll play your game though.

You want to include numbers with no talk about minutes? Sure let’s do it.

He increased his scoring rebounding assists blocks and steals.
He increased his scoring 4.4 points per game while increasing his playing time 13.5 minutes a game. It's not gonna work.
1 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

I think Carey had his best year..He also had a much bigger role. I don't think he regressed. I also don't think he made a jump either. If you gave him the same role he had this year last season, I think he would put up similar numbers. He was always an athletic guard with a very nice mid-range. He shot the 3 well last year, so I thought he might be able to make a big jump before this season, but once he started shooting more, it was clear that he's a weak 3 pt shooter.

Ish became a star.

Bassy got better.

Rory, Alex, and Weston got better as the season went on.
2 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Rhody Sody
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Rhody Sody »

steveystuds06 wrote: 1 year ago I think Carey had his best year..He also had a much bigger role. I don't think he regressed. I also don't think he made a jump either. If you gave him the same role he had this year last season, I think he would put up similar numbers. He was always an athletic guard with a very nice mid-range. He shot the 3 well last year, so I thought he might be able to make a big jump before this season, but once he started shooting more, it was clear that he's a weak 3 pt shooter.

Ish became a star.

Bassy got better.

Spot on assessment above.

I wouldn’t base my argument that Carey regressed based on his 3p shooting percent last year. He did shoot 46% but only took 30 shots. His other years in college 17%, 0%, 0%, and 21%. Last year was an anomaly. 3s aren’t his game.
1 x
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

You live in the

Oh I can I'm just able to put it in a reasonable perspective.

Being pessimistic for the sake of being pessimistic is stupid.

Players get better over time and often improve dramatically from their freshman year and at least three of them have noticeably improved over the course of the season. Rory, Alex and Weston.

We all know that we are going to grab players in the portal, we have numerous coaches with a lot of experience getting and developing talent. There's some talent on the roster and we will get some in the portal and things will likely improve drastically.

Discounting the fact that we, with this depleted, inexperienced, banged up roster can compete and beat anyone in this league right now is an encouraging sign. Doesn't matter that the league is down.
Sorry the fact that we sucked in the worst A10 in memory does count, this team probably would have gone winless in the 2012 A10. We all selectively pick things that help our argument and the A10 sucking matters for perspective.
Last edited by RIFan 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

could it be ECR has been correct all along with his preseason prediction ?!!!? LOL

I expect my jersey in the rafters if proven true !
2 x
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

Rhody Sody wrote: 1 year ago
steveystuds06 wrote: 1 year ago I think Carey had his best year..He also had a much bigger role. I don't think he regressed. I also don't think he made a jump either. If you gave him the same role he had this year last season, I think he would put up similar numbers. He was always an athletic guard with a very nice mid-range. He shot the 3 well last year, so I thought he might be able to make a big jump before this season, but once he started shooting more, it was clear that he's a weak 3 pt shooter.

Ish became a star.

Bassy got better.

Spot on assessment above.

I wouldn’t base my argument that Carey regressed based on his 3p shooting percent last year. He did shoot 46% but only took 30 shots. His other years in college 17%, 0%, 0%, and 21%. Last year was an anomaly. 3s aren’t his game.

Ish did become a star and what he also had a was significantly better rookie season than any of this years players not including Bilau. Not sure what that means projecting out, but he started out better.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Ish became a star.

Bassy got better.

I think Carey fell in love with his step back three, which he's terrible at.
0 x