THE EARLY LINE URI VS LOYOLA CHICAGO

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
luke
Cuttino Mobley

THE EARLY LINE URI VS LOYOLA CHICAGO

Unread post by luke »

The line is out bright and early this morning and has been set at Loyola Chicago - 3 . Seems fair . will URI finally end a seven game losing
streak . I doubt it , though if they somehow play a decent full 40 minutes they probably would win.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Re: THE EARLY LINE URI VS LOYOLA CHICAGO

Unread post by reef »

Loyola 65-58
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

I'm seeming mostly URI +4 and even up to +4.5

I like our chances tonight
0 x
luke
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by luke »

Can't like the chances of this team until they finally win a game. I hope they can beat this team that has been similar in that they have given good teams trouble but have lost in the end.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

We get our first road win tonight and win by 10+
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Sure you can like this teams chances. It's a different team without Freeman.

Since Freeman departed we have played 1st place VCU, 3rd place Fordham and 5th place GW down to the last shot or OT.

1 of 4 a bad game with UMASS.

This team is passing better, playing significantly better defense, listening to their HC and playing more as a team.

I think we win tonight and surprise in Brooklyn.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

ramster wrote: 1 year ago Sure you can like this teams chances. It's a different team without Freeman.

Since Freeman departed we have played 1st place VCU, 3rd place Fordham and 5th place GW down to the last shot or OT.

This team is passing better, playing significantly better defense, listening to their HC and playing more as a team.

Different team without Freeman? Correct, we're worse now.

WITH Freeman, we beat the preseason favorite along with La Salle, making people (not me) think we had a shot at the 4 seed.

Do you even watch the games? Do you know the game of basketball even in the slightest? Or are you just oblivious to everything that has happened this season?

How you can possibly try and justify we have a shot in Brooklyn by continuously saying we ALMOST won games? We didn't win! Who cares how we lost!

Sure maybe we win tonight against the other terrible team in the A10, but you keep using 4 losses as a way to convince people we can win in Brooklyn is just bizarre.
3 x
Go Rhody
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Rhody15 wrote: 1 year ago
ramster wrote: 1 year ago Sure you can like this teams chances. It's a different team without Freeman.

WITH Freeman, we beat the preseason favorite along with La Salle, making people (not me) think we had a shot at the 4 seed.

Do you even watch the games? Do you know the game of basketball even in the slightest? Or are you just oblivious to everything that has happened this season?

How you can possibly try and justify we have a shot in Brooklyn by continuously saying we ALMOST won games? We didn't win! Who cares how we lost!

Sure maybe we win tonight against the other terrible team in the A10, but you keep using 4 losses as a way to convince people we can win in Brooklyn is just bizarre.
Rhody15,
Look at what you and others are posting.
It's 95% about next year's team.
Even look at the Loyola Game thread. It's 95% not even about the Loyola game. There plenty of time to talk about next years team from April to October. Not now for me.
So call me bizarre, stupid, idiotic and a no nothing about basketball all you want.........but I'll focus on this season, this upcoming WBB Tournament and the following week MBB Tournament. That's what it's all about. After that I might join in all the ongoing discussions about next year. Right now it's A10 Tournament time.

The way I watched this Coaching Staff and the players compete last Saturday in NYC my confidence level rose significantly as to shat this team is capable of. We are playing more as a team now as opposed to individual, selfish type play.
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

You're such a fun guy.
5 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 year ago

You're such a fun guy.

If your definition of “fun” is being in fantasy world 24/7, then I’d rather not be fun.
1 x
Go Rhody
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

You're such a fun guy.

If your definition of “fun” is being in fantasy world 24/7, then I’d rather not be fun.
You're not.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

You're such a fun guy.

You're not.
Definitely not fun. No argument there.
0 x
Shinze88
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Shinze88 »

Count me in the group who thinks we're a better team without Freeman, or at least a more "enjoyable" team to watch.
Its not translating into wins, but this season was never really about wins, we're playing with better chemistry and we move the ball around on offense, were just severely limited in talent right now.

There's always a reason why a kid attends multiple high schools and colleges, the next college team Brayon plays for will be his third. Its always worth the risk to gamble on a kid with talent like Freeman, sometime it works out, it didn't in this case. Wish him the best with his next school
2 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

You're such a fun guy.

You're not.
So then you’re admitting I’m a reasonable logical fan. Thanks for the compliment!
0 x
Go Rhody
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

Since I haven’t been keeping track of wins either, I’d hate to see this season go trackless. By chance, has anyone kept track of how often Ramster has been 15’d this season ?
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Jdrums#3 wrote: 1 year ago Since I haven’t been keeping track of wins either, I’d hate to see this season go trackless. By chance, has anyone kept track of how often Ramster has been 15’d this season ?
I’d prefer it be 0. Truly would.

We all want this program to go 40-0, every year.

I’ve said
Multiple times I keep things leveled headed and rational.

Yes it’s a message Board blah blah blah, homer posts blah blah.

The ridiculous posts though drive me nuts. It just so happens to come from one person 98% of the time.

It’s zero “fun” to me to actually believe we have a shot at the quarterfinals.
Last edited by Rhody15 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
2 x
Go Rhody
RJRam
Steve Chubin

Unread post by RJRam »

R15, Freeman is an "individual" player playing in a team system. Archie was not able to get him playing a team game. Often times in the pros you may see players dribble all over the court, but that doesn't usually happen in college games, and certainly not an Archie coached team. It didn't appear that he could or would change his game. I agree with ramster, we are better without him. And I think we win tonight.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

15, I'm surprised you're not being more critical of ramster...why you holding back so?
2 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Jdrums#3 wrote: 1 year ago Since I haven’t been keeping track of wins either, I’d hate to see this season go trackless. By chance, has anyone kept track of how often Ramster has been 15’d this season ?

I’ve said

The ridiculous posts though drive me nuts. It just so happens to come from one person 98% of the time.

I get it. For me, it is P5 bullshit. Never fails to get me all riled up and get my balls in a bunch. And, I am normally pretty laid back, in case no one has noticed. :lol:

Look, I will save you a shot from ECR’s jug of new and improved koolaid - if I can get someone here to pass me the friggin’ thing!! - it may help you take the edge off.

I bet ECR made the new batch with ingredients he smuggled in from out of the country while on his vacation. I sure hope he smuggled in a recruit or two. More shooters please, ECR!

ETA: oops, now that I think of it, I forgot about 72. He can sometimes gets my balls in a bunch with his underhanded digs at the program. Sorry, 72, I didn’t mean to leave you out on purpose. :lol:
Last edited by Jdrums#3 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Despite no wins to show for it we are actually averaging 1ppg more with Bray out of the lineup.
1 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Stunning to me because I thought we didn’t have a shot of getting out of the 50’s the rest of the season.

Wth…I am obsessed with shots today. Yikes!

I was afraid this place might drive me to drink if I joined. Ooph.
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

bigappleram wrote: 1 year ago Despite no wins to show for it we are actually averaging 1ppg more with Bray out of the lineup.
... but we're giving up roughly 1.3 more PPG, which doesn't really gel with conventional wisdom either. Our ORTG has fallen further, to 341st, so I kind of assume that we're just playing at a slightly quicker pace, because Thomas is less of a ballstopper than Freeman.
2 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

SGreenwell wrote: 1 year ago
bigappleram wrote: 1 year ago Despite no wins to show for it we are actually averaging 1ppg more with Bray out of the lineup.
... but we're giving up roughly 1.3 more PPG, which doesn't really gel with conventional wisdom either. Our ORTG has fallen further, to 341st, so I kind of assume that we're just playing at a slightly quicker pace, because Thomas is less of a ballstopper than Freeman.
We played VCU (13-3) 1st place, Fordham (11-5) 3rd place and George Washington (9-7) 5th place. Played them all to the wire with GW going to OT.
UMASS was a bad game

We played the 1st, 3rd and 5th place teams to the wire without Freeman in the past two weeks.

We are improving. Let's see if it continues vs Loyola and Davidson.
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

ramster wrote: 1 year ago
We played VCU (13-3) 1st place, Fordham (11-5) 3rd place and George Washington (9-7) 5th place. Played them all to the wire with GW going to OT.
UMASS was a bad game

We played the 1st, 3rd and 5th place teams to the wire without Freeman in the past two weeks.

We actually won some games with Freeman. (Not that I still want him on the team, but it's silly to pretend we've felt no effects from his dismissal.) Hopefully, we win a couple without him before the season ends.
4 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

UMASS was a bad game

We actually won some games with Freeman. (Not that I still want him on the team, but it's silly to pretend we've felt no effects from his dismissal.) Hopefully, we win a couple without him before the season ends.
Not pretending at all. His lack of defense was the biggest shortcoming with Freeman. It was terrible. Consistent lack of effort. His poor defensive efforts got him pulled from games more than turnovers or bad shooting. Cox would look the other way and not address poor defense, Miller doesn't. Big difference, thankfully and about time.
2 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

The positive of Bray being gone is it opens up a spot for a transfer who might be as good or better, doesn't act like an ass and whose dad isn't throwing F bombs at the coach during the game.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Shinze88 wrote: 1 year ago Count me in the group who thinks we're a better team without Freeman, or at least a more "enjoyable" team to watch.
Its not translating into wins, but this season was never really about wins, we're playing with better chemistry and we move the ball around on offense, were just severely limited in talent right now.

There's always a reason why a kid attends multiple high schools and colleges, the next college team Brayon plays for will be his third. Its always worth the risk to gamble on a kid with talent like Freeman, sometime it works out, it didn't in this case. Wish him the best with his next school
This is exactly how I feel
0 x
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

It's amazing how the Freeman criticism doesn't surface until his dismissal.
4 x
NCAAs or Bust!
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

UMASS was a bad game

Shhhh if you say something like this people will say you’re no fun and a PC fan.
0 x
Go Rhody
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

I’ve said

I'm glad I'm only 2% :lol:
1 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

You're not.
So then you’re admitting I’m a reasonable logical fan. Thanks for the compliment!
You can be a reasonable, logical fan and not be rude and condescending to other people on here. You should try it out sometime.

Personally, I think we were a better team with Bray. As frustrating as he could be he also could take over a game on the offensive end. Let's win tonight!
3 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Ok, but that's really only half a stat, the other half of that stat would be what is the quality of the defenses that we played against. Also, 4, now 5 games, is a very small sample size
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 1 year ago
Ok, but that's really only half a stat, the other half of that stat would be what is the quality of the defenses that we played against. Also, 4, now 5 games, is a very small sample size
Well 2 of the 5 games were against VCU and Fordham who are two of the better defenses in the league.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Fair, I honestly hadn't looked. Those five games:

vs VCU #1 KenPom conference only defensive efficiency
vs UMass #13
vs George Washington #14
at Fordham #3
at Loyola Chicago #15

So feast or famine. 2 of the top 3 and the bottom 3