A10 Tournament March 7-12 Barclays Bracket and Results

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
ramster
Frank Keaney

A10 Tournament March 7-12 Barclays Bracket and Results

Unread post by ramster »

Tournament brings March 7. Championship Game March 12

https://atlantic10.com/sports/2022/8/10/MBB23.aspx

Standings February 5 with a month to go:
D21D473A-F995-4FDB-B941-7E9CCF66CA0F.png

840F92E9-BD89-4FC1-BC45-8BE8DA985F53.png
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Re: A10 Tournament March 7-12 Barclays Bracket and Results

Unread post by ramster »

Would be good to get the 14-seed instead of the 15-seed since the 14-seed gets the 3-seed in the Quarterfinals on Thursday.
The 15-seed would get the 2-seed in the Quarterfinals on Thursday.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

It's important to beat Loyola tonight so we have a shot at the 14th seed
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

ramster wrote: 1 year ago Would be good to get the 14-seed instead of the 15-seed since the 14-seed gets the 3-seed in the Quarterfinals on Thursday.
We can/have beat/lost to everyone in this conference from the top to the bottom.

Seeding doesn't matter for us, there's no one we can't beat and no one we can't lose to.

It's as equally likely that we're playing Saturday as it is we get blown out on Tuesday.
1 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

Yes anything is possible, and we did play close games against the top tier teams in the conference.
But with all that said, I will be surprised if we win on Tuesday and shocked (pleasantly) if we get past Wednesday.
We just don't have the depth and talent level (at this time) to be consistent and put together a winning run.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Blue Man wrote: 1 year ago
ramster wrote: 1 year ago Would be good to get the 14-seed instead of the 15-seed since the 14-seed gets the 3-seed in the Quarterfinals on Thursday.
We can/have beat/lost to everyone in this conference from the top to the bottom.

Seeding doesn't matter for us, there's no one we can't beat and no one we can't lose to.

It's as equally likely that we're playing Saturday as it is we get blown out on Tuesday.
Agree. Nobody we can't beat!

Since Freeman got dismissed from the team we played:
  • 1st place VCU down to the last shot. We were +7.5 points
  • Lost badly to UMASS. We were -4.5 points
  • Lost in OT to GW. We were -2.5 points
  • 3rd place Fordham on road. Down to last shot. We were +8.5 points
We played the 1st and 3rd place teams down to the last shot in the past 2 weeks.

I expect we win Tuesday, then win again on Wednesday. So Thursday I'd prefer to play the 3rd seed as opposed to the 2-seed. Don't know yet who that will be but I'd prefer to avoid Dayton and prefer to play either St Louis of Fordham.

I like that we get two games under our belt before the Quarterfinals. Give us some confidence and momentum.

Beat Loyola tonight, beat Davidson on Senior Night Saturday, win Tuesday, Wednesday then the big Quarterfinal game next Thursday. 😊
1 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

Oof - I definitely don't think it's equally likely. I mean, URI fights and stays in games, but we're probably a 50-50 proposition for winning even the opening game. From there, it's probably more in the 30, 40 percent range for the next four. (As much as I like using stats, I suck at actually calculating probability, so I have not clue what the chance of I'm saying is - I know it's less than flipping "heads" five times in a row.) I'm definitely hoping it happens, but its a rugged road for us.
1 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

Wait, what?…….yeah, not happening. (Ramster post)
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

ramster wrote: 1 year ago

Agree. Nobody we can't beat!

Since Freeman got dismissed from the team we played:
  • 1st place VCU down to the last shot. We were +7.5 points
  • Lost badly to UMASS. We were -4.5 points
  • Lost in OT to GW. We were -2.5 points
  • 3rd place Fordham on road. Down to last shot. We were +8.5 points
We played the 1st and 3rd place teams down to the last shot in the past 2 weeks.

I expect we win Tuesday, then win again on Wednesday. So Thursday I'd prefer to play the 3rd seed as opposed to the 2-seed. Don't know yet who that will be but I'd prefer to avoid Dayton and prefer to play either St Louis of Fordham.

I like that we get two games under our belt before the Quarterfinals. Give us some confidence and momentum.

Beat Loyola tonight, beat Davidson on Senior Night Saturday, win Tuesday, Wednesday then the big Quarterfinal game next Thursday. 😊
Let me change that for you.

Since Freeman got dismissed from the team, we haven't won a game.

You're trying to justify your opinion by pointing out how we *almost* won those games. *Almost* means jack shit.

You are a truly truly delirious fan. Not even optimistic. Straight up delirious.
1 x
Go Rhody
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

We basically play 7 players now. Even if we were good, with that lack of depth and playing every day, it would be tough to win more than 1 or 2 games.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Last 4 games since Freeman was dismissed:

We took to last shot or to OverTime 1st place VCU, 3rd place Fordham, 5th place (tie) George Washington - all with above .500 W/L records in A10. 1 bad game vs UMASS.

A few weeks ago we won 2 games and BlueMan had us targeting to be a Top 4 seed. That enthusiasm can happen again.

If we win Tuesday and Wednesday then just watch BlueMan and others get on the Barclay Bandwagon for Thursday's game.

No reason why this team can't get to Thursday's QuarterFinal. Block your calendars.
E1CE56DC-E7B9-4BFA-A1D4-F74B0C0AC3A4.jpeg
1 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

I would suggest anyone associated with URI not make multiple day hotel bookings.
3 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

You can always depart early on a hotel stay
Plus as teams lose they leave open hotel rooms available.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

ramster wrote: 1 year ago Last 4 games since Freeman was dismissed:

We took to last shot or to OverTime 1st place VCU, 3rd place Fordham, 5th place (tie) George Washington - all with above .500 W/L records in A10. 1 bad game vs UMASS.

A few weeks ago we won 2 games and BlueMan had us targeting to be a Top 4 seed. That enthusiasm can happen again.

If we win Tuesday and Wednesday then just watch BlueMan and others get on the Barclay Bandwagon for Thursday's game.

No reason why this team can't get to Thursday's QuarterFinal. Block your calendars.

How many threads are you going to spew your bullshit in?

You've said this same shit in like 4 threads.

Give it up dude.

Just because Blue Man made a post about the 4 seed, the overwhelming majority did not think we actually had a shot at it.

Too funny you're using LOSSES to try and justify your opinion we'll be in the quarterfinals.

You may actually be the least knowledgeable person on this board.
1 x
Go Rhody
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Ramster. Win or lose in these next two, not only will I be on the Barclays Bandwagon - I'll be driving it.

I expect Monday night I'll hype myself up, write some long drawn out post about why we could do it, I'll start to believe, and then at some point next week I'll collapse in on myself like a dying star when we fall short.

I don't recommend it for all, but what a ride!
2 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Rhody15 wrote: 1 year ago

How many threads are you going to spew your bullshit in?

You've said this same shit in like 4 threads.

Give it up dude.

Just because Blue Man made a post about the 4 seed, the overwhelming majority did not think we actually had a shot at it.

Too funny you're using LOSSES to try and justify your opinion we'll be in the quarterfinals.

You may actually be the least knowledgeable person on this board.
Only may?
Who is my competition?
I can work on that.
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

Did ECR make up a new and improved batch of his delicious koolaid ? I could use a shot. Someone pass the dang jug!
2 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Ramster. Win or lose in these next two, not only will I be on the Barclays Bandwagon - I'll be driving it.

I expect Monday night I'll hype myself up, write some long drawn out post about why we could do it, I'll start to believe, and then at some point next week I'll collapse in on myself like a dying star when we fall short.

I don't recommend it for all either, but I wouldn't have it any other way.
Worst years was when the A10 didn't invite all the teams to the Post Season Tournament. When Baron Coached Teams got left out and did not even get an invitation to the A10 Tourney now that was terrible.
So even if we go in 14th or 15th we still have a shot.

The quality of A10 teams is more level than in most years
New Head Coach and coaching staff. Much more confident with this group than the last 4 years.
Team is playing more unselfish, more as a team and better defense
Team is improving.
2 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

What times are the games next Tuesday ??
0 x
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

Who is going to Brooklyn except me and my hubby?
1 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

I'd expect nothing else from you Blue Man and I'd frankly be disappointed if you didn't. We all find ways to talk ourselves into things, even fully recognizing it as it happens!
1 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Yeah once we get to Brooklyn anything can happen especially in a year like this with a crappy a10

We already beat Dayton and should have beaten VCU

I’m now thinking we can make a run beating Davidson GW and Fordham then I think we run out of steam in the semis
1 x
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

Need to avoid UMass and George Mason to have any chance to advance to the quarterfinals. I don’t see it happening, but it won’t happen if we have to go through those teams which present match-up nightmares for this team. We can’t stop Oduro and UMass just has our number.
1 x
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

reef wrote: 1 year ago What times are the games next Tuesday ??
Seems like 11:30 2 and 4:30
4:30 is the 14 seed
0 x
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

LoveThoseRams wrote: 1 year ago Who is going to Brooklyn except me and my hubby?
Me and my wifey
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

I’ll be there
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Coming back the same day, or staying overnight anyway?
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

What are the chances we get the 14 seed ??
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

reef wrote: 1 year ago What are the chances we get the 14 seed ??
I mean, we currently have the 14 seed.

We need to win Saturday and UMass needs to lose to get 13.

If UMass wins, we get 14th regardless of what we do Saturday.

Easy to figure that out.
1 x
Go Rhody
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

14 seed it is no matter what.
Umass just beat bona.
4:30 Tuesday vs #11
Not sure if its Davidson, Lasalle or Richmond.
Last edited by rhodyrudder 1 year ago, edited 2 times in total.
0 x
Backroads
Jeff Kent

Unread post by Backroads »

Just have to beat Lasalle GW and fordham to get to the semis!
1 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

Backroads wrote: 1 year ago Just have to beat Lasalle GW and fordham to get to the semis!
Not exactly an insurmountable gauntlet. Although our lack of depth is an issue; a bigger problem than the potential competition in the first few games, imo.

I could see us winning two tight games before running out of gas so, I am definitely looking forward to the game(s).

Go Rhody!
Last edited by Jdrums#3 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by KingstonLane »

Jdrums#3 wrote: 1 year ago
Backroads wrote: 1 year ago Just have to beat Lasalle GW and fordham to get to the semis!
Not exactly an insurmountable gauntlet. Although our lack of depth is an issue; a bigger problem than the potential competition in the first few games, imo.
For as bad as we are, none of those teams are better than us.

I’d take us to win any of those games in single elimination fashion.

Having to win multiple games in a row is where we’ll falter lol
1 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

KingstonLane wrote: 1 year ago
Jdrums#3 wrote: 1 year ago
For as bad as we are, none of those teams are better than us.

I’d take us to win any of those games in single elimination fashion.

Having to win multiple games in a row is where we’ll falter lol
Not sure I agree, but we just have to be better that day.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Our path

First Round: La Salle
Second Round: Duquesne
Quarterfinals: Fordham
0 x
Go Rhody
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Rhody15 wrote: 1 year ago Our path

First Round: La Salle
Second Round: Duquesne
Quarterfinals: Fordham
Good thing we are not playing Loyola. Juggernaut that they are.
0 x
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

This could not have worked out better. Avoiding George Mason is break!

Guessing LaSalle we are pick ‘‘em to 1 pt favorite, Duquesne we r 41/2 and Fordham 31/2 underdogs.

More than a hope and prayer!!
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

McRam wrote: 1 year ago This could not have worked out better. Avoiding George Mason is break!

Guessing LaSalle we are pick ‘‘em to 1 pt favorite, Duquesne we r 41/2 and Fordham 31/2 underdogs.

Not a chance in hell we’ll be favored against La Salle.
0 x
Go Rhody
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

rhodyrudder wrote: 1 year ago 14 seed it is no matter what.
Umass just beat bona.
4:30 Tuesday vs #11
Not sure if its Davidson, Lasalle or Richmond.
so, theoretically, you could either be home by 10pm Tues night, or... seeing us Thurs/Fri?
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

LaSalle is on a 5 game losing streak.
0 x
GO RAMS
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Anything can happen I guess, I’m thinking the LaSalle game will be close but it’s hard for me to predict a win thrrr
0 x
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

McRam wrote: 1 year ago This could not have worked out better. Avoiding George Mason is break!

Rhody 15. What do u think the line will be. ?
0 x
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

Shoot 35% plus from 3 and limit TOs and we are in the quarterfinals against Fordham. It’s not impossible. I’m not banking on it either.
0 x
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 1 year ago
rhodyrudder wrote: 1 year ago 4:30 Tuesday vs #11 LaSalle
7:30 Wednesday vs Duquesne if we win
7:30 Thursday vs Fordham if we win two
so, theoretically, you could either be home by 10pm Tues night, or... seeing us Thurs/Fri?
I can’t see any way past Duquesne, but what do I know?
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

McRam wrote: 1 year ago

Rhody 15. What do u think the line will be. ?
I’d guess La Salle -2.5.
0 x
Go Rhody
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyram »

this team's longest win streak has been 2 games. they'll be lucky to win 1 in brooklyn
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Tuesday Games - All on ESPN+
  • Game 1: 11:30am 12-Richmond NET 168 vs 13 UMASS NET 184
  • Game 2: 2:00pm 10 St Joseph's NET 212 vs 15 Loyola NET 268
  • Game 3: 4:30pm 11 LaSalle NET 241 vs 14 URI NET 252
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Wednesday Games - All on USA Network
  • Game 4: 11:30am 8 Davidson NET 148 vs 13 St. Bona NET 191
  • Game 5: 2:00pm 5 George Mason NET 132 vs Winner Game 1
  • Game 6: 5:00pm 7 GW NET 210 vs Winner Game 2
  • Game 7: 7:30pm 6 Duquesne NET 122 vs Winner Game 3
0 x
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Those are 11 bad teams right there, holy smokes!

Who else is going Tuesday?
Blue man?
ECR?
Ramulous?

Barclay’s is certainly not going to open the upper deck.
0 x