THE EARLY LINE URI VS ST. JOES

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
luke
Cuttino Mobley

THE EARLY LINE URI VS ST. JOES

Unread post by luke »

The opening line is St.Joes - 5 . Looks like that line is a little high even though The Hawks are usually much better at home.My inclinationis to take URI and the points with the possibility of winning this game on the road . URI has not won a game on the road yet and this is a tough place to play .
but I believe the Rams are the better team , so a good performance would be enough to bring home a win . Can they finally have a good game on the
road ? Stay tuned.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Re: THE EARLY LINE URI VS ST. JOES

Unread post by Jersey77 »

luke wrote: 1 year ago The opening line is St.Joes - 5 . Looks like that line is a little high even though The Hawks are usually much better at home.My inclinationis to take URI and the points with the possibility of winning this game on the road . URI has not won a game on the road yet and this is a tough place to play .
but I believe the Rams are the better team , so a good performance would be enough to bring home a win . Can they finally have a good game on the
road ? Stay tuned.
I am not so sure we have the more talented rotation.
Both teams have solid backcourts, but they have an advantage upfront.

As previously said on this board we definitely have the better coaching staff.
For us to get much respect this season we need to prove that we can win on the road.
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

This feels like a great spot to take Rhody and the +5. Which kind of worries me a little... :lol:
1 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

Rhody by 17
2 x
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

ECR: what is your kool aid?
0 x
brady1
Art Stephenson

Unread post by brady1 »

adam914 wrote: 1 year ago This feels like a great spot to take Rhody and the +5. Which kind of worries me a little... :lol:
lol, Just jumped on a couple different ways, But Rhody to win is the pay day.

GO RHODY!
1 x
luke
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by luke »

The spread is down to St. Joes - 4 .5 today .
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

It’s a stay away for me will just root for URI
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Stay away for me too
St Joe has had A10 player of the Week the past 2 weeks ((shared)
Cameron Brown

And then Lynn Greer III. Last two games Greer has had 31p 11r and 18p 11r. He is 6’2” so to have 22 rebounds in the last two games is significant.

Erik Reynolds’s is capable of putting points up too.
0 x
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

URI is playing better and is due to get Arch’s first road win. Give me URI ML +172.
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

ramster wrote: 1 year ago Stay away for me too
Cameron Brown

And then Lynn Greer III. Last two games Greer has had 31p 11r and 18p 11r. He is 6’2” so to have 22 rebounds in the last two games is significant.

Very similarly matched teams in that they are both guard dominant. Reynolds, Brown and Greer are every bit as good as our 3.
However they also have Obinna who can be a presence inside. A trusted source told me Bilau's profile is very similar to an Obinna. He remains a big loss for us. Can any of our big men surprise us tonight and be a key contributor? Or are we destined to see Malik at the 5 for crunch time moving forward?
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

bigappleram wrote: 1 year ago
ramster wrote: 1 year ago Stay away for me too
Cameron Brown

Very similarly matched teams in that they are both guard dominant. Reynolds, Brown and Greer are every bit as good as our 3.
However they also have Obinna who can be a presence inside. A trusted source told me Bilau's profile is very similar to an Obinna. He remains a big loss for us. Can any of our big men surprise us tonight and be a key contributor? Or are we destined to see Malik at the 5 for crunch time moving forward?
Good questions, Bar. I don’t have much faith in our bigs at this time but, if one stands out tonight, I say ride him. If all 3 suck, I hope Arch goes small ball to try to get the same results as last game vs dragging an anchor all game at the 5 spot.

I was looking at our A10 rebounding stats by player. Malik is out rebounding our 3 bigs combined. That is nuts!
0 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

We could be in the Top 25 and I’d worry about a game there.
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

St Joe's can beat us inside or outside. If URI shoots lights out, plays great defense, and St Joe's shooters are cold, then sure we can win a close game. GO Rhody!
0 x
NCAAs or Bust!
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

Rhody72 wrote: 1 year ago St Joe's can beat us inside or outside. If URI shoots lights out, plays great defense, and St Joe's shooters are cold, then sure we can win a close game. GO Rhody!
Good luck to Rhody against the ‘96 Bulls tonight.
2 x
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

STC wrote: 1 year ago
Rhody72 wrote: 1 year ago St Joe's can beat us inside or outside. If URI shoots lights out, plays great defense, and St Joe's shooters are cold, then sure we can win a close game. GO Rhody!
Good luck to Rhody against the ‘96 Bulls tonight.
we got this...just exhale
1 x