Chris Disano interview with Bray.

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
reef
Frank Keaney

Re: Chris Disano interview with Bray.

Unread post by reef »

Fantastic article , I’m glad he’s focused on that ball pressure up top I’ve noticed that as well , keep it up Bray
2 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Easy guy to root for!
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

This article really shows how important Archie’s consistency has been in helping Bray mature.

It might be frustrating to see him get pulled or sitting and seeing Thomas so much, but I think that’s a big reason why he continues to improve. He’s being COACHED.
3 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Blue Man wrote: 1 year ago This article really shows how important Archie’s consistency has been in helping Bray mature.

It might be frustrating to see him get pulled or sitting and seeing Thomas so much, but I think that’s a big reason why he continues to improve. He’s being COACHED.
Agree with you on Miller’s Coaching. Agree with the minutes Miller allocated to Thomas. Disagree with you on Thomas.

And as much as you clearly dislike Thomas, Miller could not do his Coaching as effectively without Thomas. In fact, I think Freeman hearing Thomas’ footsteps puts healthy competitive pressure on him to listen better to Miller and follow Miller’s instructions. Completely different than the Cox/Russell and Cox/Mitchell coaching non-relationships where Russell did what he wanted to do and played tons of minutes.

And fwiw, I am not frustrated at all with seeing Thomas. In fact it’s all in the eye of the beholder.
1 x
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by KingstonLane »

ramster wrote: 1 year ago
Blue Man wrote: 1 year ago This article really shows how important Archie’s consistency has been in helping Bray mature.

Agree with you on Miller’s Coaching. Agree with the minutes Miller allocated to Thomas. Disagree with you on Thomas.

And as much as you clearly dislike Thomas, Miller could not do his Coaching as effectively without Thomas. In fact, I think Freeman hearing Thomas’ footsteps puts healthy competitive pressure on him to listen better to Miller and follow Miller’s instructions. Completely different than the Cox/Russell and Cox/Mitchell coaching non-relationships where Russell did what he wanted to do and played tons of minutes.

And fwiw, I am not frustrated at all with seeing Thomas. In fact it’s all in the eye of the beholder.
Might want to get your eyes checked in that case lol.

Going to guess the majority of basketball fans would agree a guard who with the following stats 33% FGs 20% 3pt, and 67% FT, shouldn’t be playing meaningful minutes for a D1 team
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

KingstonLane wrote: 1 year ago

Going to guess the majority of basketball fans would agree a guard who with the following stats 33% FGs 20% 3pt, and 67% FT, shouldn’t be playing meaningful minutes for a D1 team
Guess I’ll make my appointment with Archie Miller because he sees it differently from you and “the majority of basketball fans”. Wonder what he sees that you don’t?
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

If you bring in percentages great.
Per 40 minutes:

Thomas exceeds Freeman:
2FG% 41.5% to 38.5%
Assists 5.5 to 4.0
Steals 1.9 to 1.4
Blocks .7 to .1

Freeman exceeds Thomas
3FG% 34.5% to 20.9%
FT% 72.2% to 67.7%

Turnovers are equal 3.1 to 3.1
Rebounds are equal 4.1 to 4.0

Prior to Dec 13 Thomas was 8-16 FT 50%. Since then Thomas is 13-15 FTs for 86.6% bringing YTD to 67.7%.

Hardly justification for the thrashing Thomas takes on this board from some.

No reason why Freeman and Thomas can’t both be talked about respectfully.

38D51EC3-4E01-4407-9C3A-C136B34FE746.png
Last edited by ramster 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
3 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Archie doesn’t have a choice we have 1 backup PG. Hence why he recruited Cam. If he wants to sit Bray right now Bassy is his only choice. I think he can be an effective change of pace 10 mins/game type guy on this roster.
4 x
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

Guess I’ll make my appointment with Archie Miller because he sees it differently from you and “the majority of basketball fans”. Wonder what he sees that you don’t?
Going out on a limb to say he has no other choice. If Ant was here thomas would be playing 5mpg.
0 x
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

Per 40 minutes:

Thomas exceeds Freeman:
2FG% 41.5% to 38.5%
Assists 5.5 to 4.0
Steals 1.9 to 1.4
Blocks .7 to .1

Freeman exceeds Thomas
3FG% 34.5% to 20.9%
FT% 72.2% to 67.7%

Prior to Dec 13 Thomas was 8-16 FT 50%. Since then Thomas is 13-15 FTs for 86.6% bringing YTD to 67.7%.

Can’t really bring in per 40s here. Brays is taking 14 shots per game to Thomas’ 5. Higher volume will usually always lead to less efficiency. Bray has to take a lot of tough looks because he’s one of two bucket getters on this team.

Thomas should, and does, take a lot of wide open shots. And still misses them.
4 x
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by UCH21377 »

He sees no other options
1 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

Per 40 minutes:

Thomas exceeds Freeman:
2FG% 41.5% to 38.5%
Assists 5.5 to 4.0
Steals 1.9 to 1.4
Blocks .7 to .1

Freeman exceeds Thomas
3FG% 34.5% to 20.9%
FT% 72.2% to 67.7%

Can’t really bring in per 40s here. Brays is taking 14 shots per game to Thomas’ 5. Higher volume will usually always lead to less efficiency. Bray has to take a lot of tough looks because he’s one of two bucket getters on this team.

Thomas should, and does, take a lot of wide open shots. And still misses them.
Good context.
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

I 100% agree. I trust Archie and I feel like I've mentioned that he has to play Bassy because he's our only other ballhandling option for when Bray needs coaching.

I still think Thomas is the worst player who sees the most minutes I've ever watched. He literally almost threw the game away throwing a ball OB in the final seconds - and even if Carey had got it...you trapped your ballhandler in the one place you're instructed to NEVER throw the ball against a press.

Again - I like Bassy's story, love that he wants to be here, think he's a good kid. But he cannot shoot or play defense at this level. He's a good ballhandler and has court vision - but that's it. He's 1 dimensional. Yes he's necessary, but in a perfect world and on a better URI team in the future he should see 5-10 mins max per night.

Also, re: Bray - his maturation was clearly on display. That whole stretch he was dapping guys up, never put his head down sulking, looked like he was enjoying the win, even saw him doing the AB "put that shit on" on his way back to the bench with Foumena goofing around after one of the last timeouts.
2 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Blue Man wrote: 1 year ago

I 100% agree. I trust Archie and I feel like I've mentioned that he has to play Bassy because he's our only other ballhandling option for when Bray needs coaching.

I still think Thomas is the worst player who sees the most minutes I've ever watched. He literally almost threw the game away throwing a ball OB in the final seconds - and even if Carey had got it...you trapped your ballhandler in the one place you're instructed to NEVER throw the ball against a press.

Again - I like Bassy's story, love that he wants to be here, think he's a good kid. But he cannot shoot or play defense at this level. He's a good ballhandler and has court vision - but that's it. He's 1 dimensional. Yes he's necessary, but in a perfect world and on a better URI team in the future he should see 5-10 mins max per night.

Also, re: Bray - his maturation was clearly on display. That whole stretch he was dapping guys up, never put his head down sulking, looked like he was enjoying the win, even saw him doing the AB "put that shit on" on his way back to the bench with Foumena goofing around after one of the last timeouts.
Yeah that’s really a good sign that he’s encouraging his teammates while not being in the game crunch time of a tight game , shows that he’s buying in and has come along way since the start of the season
1 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Seemed to me during part of the game he was more concerned with the cheerleaders on the sideline than the game.
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

theblueram wrote: 1 year ago Seemed to me during part of the game he was more concerned with the cheerleaders on the sideline than the game.
I'd be more concerned with the Ramettes. :lol:
1 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

theblueram wrote: 1 year ago Seemed to me during part of the game he was more concerned with the cheerleaders on the sideline than the game.
I saw that too. Wasn't sure if he was talking to them or somebody sitting just behind them
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 1 year ago
I saw that too. Wasn't sure if he was talking to them or somebody sitting just behind them
Former NBA player Quinn Cook was in the building. Not sure of the origin of the connection, but he seems to be close with Bray and came to see him play
3 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Former NBA player Quinn Cook was in the building. Not sure of the origin of the connection, but he seems to be close with Bray and came to see him play
Quinn is a DMV kid. I’m sure that’s the connection if he was there for Bray.
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

bigappleram wrote: 1 year ago

Quinn is a DMV kid. I’m sure that’s the connection if he was there for Bray.
Paige said they are cousins
3 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Was he the one sitting under the basket next to Paige Messier? He seemed to be getting a lot of attention.
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

4th or 5th NBA player in the house this season. Pretty cool.
2 x
GO RAMS
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 year ago

Was he the one sitting under the basket next to Paige Messier? He seemed to be getting a lot of attention.
Yes he was right next to her
0 x