2012's Rebuild vs. Today

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Re: 2012's Rebuild vs. Today

Unread post by ramster »

Rhody15 wrote: 4 months ago
RhowdyRam02 wrote: 4 months ago I mean, Jared has a massive thread covering his recruiting where he originally committed to Oklahoma State, there was legitimate talk about EC possibly leaving early for the NBA before his knee injury, at this point in Dan's second season most posters assumed Jarvis Garrett was going to Marquette (he didn't commit until the end of February in Dan's 2nd year), and Jeff wasn't a glimmer in our eye yet.

Yeah, the conversation has changed, but there's always been doom and gloom on this board and it's always been tough for us to go from the bottom to a tournament team
Doom and gloom?

People hype up every single kid we get, people thought we’d be top 4 last season, people thought we’d contend for an at large this year
Name 3 posters who thought we would contend for an At-Large Bid this year.

Feel free to add more than 3
1 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

UCH21377 wrote: 4 months ago
RhowdyRam02 wrote: 4 months ago I think the biggest differences are that roster had Xavier Munford pouring in 16.9 a game for us and while Cam is promising he's not where EC was in year 1.

Even with that, that team only went 14-18 (5-11)
Agree with you here; that's kind of my point. Cam is not EC. Fuchs is not Hassan Martin. House is not Munford. I think there is potential with the young guys; but there are no sure-fire future stars like we had then.

We just lost to UNH at home. That's as bad as things can get.
Hassan Martin freshman year - 32 games, 25.8 minutes per game, .536 FG%, 6.3 points per game, 5.7 rebounds per game, 14 assists, 12 steals, 80 blocks

David Fuchs freshman year - 9 games, 20 minutes per game, .453 FG%, 7.2 points per game, 6.9 rebounds per game, 13 assists, 5 steals, 1 blocks

They're not exactly the same type of player and Fuchs should get more efficient, and hopefully that happens as part of his development, but he's been a lot better than people give him credit for
3 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

ramster wrote: 4 months ago
Rhody15 wrote: 4 months ago
RhowdyRam02 wrote: 4 months ago I mean, Jared has a massive thread covering his recruiting where he originally committed to Oklahoma State, there was legitimate talk about EC possibly leaving early for the NBA before his knee injury, at this point in Dan's second season most posters assumed Jarvis Garrett was going to Marquette (he didn't commit until the end of February in Dan's 2nd year), and Jeff wasn't a glimmer in our eye yet.

Yeah, the conversation has changed, but there's always been doom and gloom on this board and it's always been tough for us to go from the bottom to a tournament team
Doom and gloom?

People hype up every single kid we get, people thought we’d be top 4 last season, people thought we’d contend for an at large this year
Name 3 posters who thought we would contend for an At-Large Bid this year.

Feel free to add more than 3
There’s
Been at large talk since November up until the brown game.
Last edited by Rhody15 4 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Go Rhody
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 4 months ago
RhowdyRam02 wrote: 4 months ago I think the biggest differences are that roster had Xavier Munford pouring in 16.9 a game for us and while Cam is promising he's not where EC was in year 1.

Agree with you here; that's kind of my point. Cam is not EC. Fuchs is not Hassan Martin. House is not Munford. I think there is potential with the young guys; but there are no sure-fire future stars like we had then.

Hassan Martin freshman year - 32 games, 25.8 minutes per game, .536 FG%, 6.3 points per game, 5.7 rebounds per game, 14 assists, 12 steals, 80 blocks

David Fuchs freshman year - 9 games, 20 minutes per game, .453 FG%, 7.2 points per game, 6.9 rebounds per game, 13 assists, 5 steals, 1 blocks

They're not exactly the same type of player and Fuchs should get more efficient, and hopefully that happens as part of his development, but he's been a lot better than people give him credit for
Do not understand the Fuchs shit at all and won’t all season.

Couple bad games with no effort at Mohegan but besides that, is far from the problem.
1 x
Go Rhody
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

Jersey77 wrote: 4 months ago Just in comparison to 2013- 2014, Dan's 2nd season:
We beat Brown by 9 pts in Providence.
We also beat UNH by 17 pts at home.
Our best win that season was beating LSU at Baton Rouge.

We did struggle in conference play but did have the core pieces in place to win 23 games the following season, of course we also added Jared and Jarvis.

Looking back now, I would say we are behind Dan's rebuild pace.
I am far from disagreeing with you, Jersey. But, sometimes we look at things solely from the Rhody perspective and not also take into account the opponents.

For example, how good was that UNH team Dan’s team played against ? Was that UNH team better or worse than the one we played last night ? Same for the Brown team ?

I am just putting some additional perspective out there for comparison purposes.
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Biggest discernible differences from 1.5 years into Dan and 1.5 years into Archie.

At this point under Dan we had…

1. A tangible identity on the defensive side of ball. A way we wanted to play and win that you could see with better talent would be effective.

2. 2 bona fide foundational pieces - Hass and EC. Both that we punched above our weight class to land and had better offers.

Putting aside mostly the early days talent from both coaches because Dan had plenty of whiffs too - Biggie, Jarelle come to mind - and Munford and Biruta were existing relationship guys that were kinda fortuitous. But it’s the 2 pieces above that are more alarming- we have no identity on either side of the ball and we have no one who is a bona fide foundational piece for the future. Maybe cam, maybe Foumena, maybe Fuchs - mostly bc they are all FR - but none of them were recruits we punched above our weight to land.
2 x
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by UCH21377 »

Don’t get me wrong; I’m not totally down on Fuchs. But stats in this comparison simply don’t tell the story. Haas was a fighter from the get-go. Fuchs appears to be more of a finesse player; with potential to be a good one.
1 x
rhodylocal
Jeff Kent

Unread post by rhodylocal »

On this topic and also in comparing Archie to Dan, I thought this interview could apply in some ways. I thought Tammi Reiss' post game interview yesterday was telling about not meeting expectations. She shed some light on the coaches side of suffering losses and teams questioning /not able to find their "Identities" and how they get in their heads when they hear over and over "they can't shoot" or "they suck at free throws" and start to believe it.

She even mentions those on this very forum saying damn if they'd just play this player....

Check it out, she's a bada** coach if you ask me, an electric factory.

Right around 5 minute mark:

1 x
Dan Hurley 2012-2018:
Year 1: 8-21 3-13 T–14th
Year 2:14-18 5-11 10th
Year 3:23-10 13-5 T-2nd NIT 2nd RD
Year 4:17-15 9-9 7th
Year 5:25-10 13-5 T-3rd NCAA T
Year 6:26-8 15-3 1st NCAA T

Archie Miller 2022-?:
Year 1:9-22 5-13 14th
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

bigappleram wrote: 4 months ago Biggest discernible differences from 1.5 years into Dan and 1.5 years into Archie.

1. A tangible identity on the defensive side of ball. A way we wanted to play and win that you could see with better talent would be effective.

2. 2 bona fide foundational pieces - Hass and EC. Both that we punched above our weight class to land and had better offers.

Putting aside mostly the early days talent from both coaches because Dan had plenty of whiffs too - Biggie, Jarelle come to mind - and Munford and Biruta were existing relationship guys that were kinda fortuitous. But it’s the 2 pieces above that are more alarming- we have no identity on either side of the ball and we have no one who is a bona fide foundational piece for the future. Maybe cam, maybe Foumena, maybe Fuchs - mostly bc they are all FR - but none of them were recruits we punched above our weight to land.
Another point about Fuchs. So far this year he has a .453 FG%. That mark would have been good for 23rd in the A10 last year for players that qualified. Looks like you need to play at least 75% of your team's games and average at least 5 shots per game to qualify. All that to say, even though I'd like to see him be more efficient he's not really even that bad on efficiency, he's actually been good overall.

I really wish Archie hadn't said he'd be one of the best freshmen in the country. If he had just said "we're really excited about this player" I think most people would be thrilled that we have a true freshman averaging 7.2 points per game and 6.9 rebounds per game in only 20 minutes per game.

So to disagree with BAR, I believe Cam and Fuchs are absolutely foundational pieces and Foumena may be as well
1 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Don’t get me wrong; I’m not totally down on Fuchs. But stats in this comparison simply don’t tell the story. Haas was a fighter from the get-go. Fuchs appears to be more of a finesse player; with potential to be a good one.
I don't totally disagree with you, and the blocks stat bears that out to an extent. But Fuchs outrebounding Martin, in less minutes a game, indicates that Fuchs has some toughness to go along with his extra finesse. Now we'll have to see if he can keep that up once he comes back and gets into conference play
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Jdrums#3 wrote: 4 months ago
Jersey77 wrote: 4 months ago Just in comparison to 2013- 2014, Dan's 2nd season:

We did struggle in conference play but did have the core pieces in place to win 23 games the following season, of course we also added Jared and Jarvis.

I am far from disagreeing with you, Jersey. But, sometimes we look at things solely from the Rhody perspective and not also take into account the opponents.

For example, how good was that UNH team Dan’s team played against ? Was that UNH team better or worse than the one we played last night ? Same for the Brown team ?

I am just putting some additional perspective out there for comparison purposes.
Rhody should beat those teams like drums and not only when Brown or UNH has a 'down' year...
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

You would thinks so NYG. We should but we don’t. But that’s wasn’t my point. My point being, just don’t focus on the 2 Rhody teams solely for comparison. Take a broader perspective - if time is available to do so - to get a fairer comparison.
0 x
RoadyJay
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RoadyJay »

bigappleram wrote: 4 months ago Biggest discernible differences from 1.5 years into Dan and 1.5 years into Archie.

The other thing we had with Dan is someone who was damn near militant about upgrading every aspect of the program. He ruffled A LOT of feathers in the administration that had always been comfortable doing the bare minimum. He didn't care about their feelings. Every second was planned, no wasted energy, everything he did had a purpose. To build a champion. Even with the tough losses, in those moments where you questioned Dan's coaching, you knew he would take it personally, adjust, and right the ship. I understand every coach is different and few have the same energy as Dan. I gravitate more towards wanting a head coach with Dan's demeanor. A guy who is always hungry. Even after winning a National Championship.

Dan was/is also able to build a deep connection with players. You saw it in how they played for him. As tough as he was on guys he simultaneously showed how much he loved them on and off the court, and it was genuine.

Archie was a no-brainer hire. There was not a better coach in the country out there for us. 98% of us agree on that, except for the "Pitino crew." But, watching from afar, I question the hunger. Do any of you see the hunger? I don't see these guys playing hard for him. As you've said BAR, this is the worst defensive team we have had in memory, that's mostly effort and that's on the coach. I hear the apologies from Archie, but they feel like empty words. Of course Archie wants to win, but I think he needs to ask himself, is he doing everything he can to build a champion? If he is being honest with himself he'd have to say no, right? Hopefully, he's taking a long hard look in the mirror. Comments like "we just don't do that here" when asked about applying full-court pressure late in a game is the kind of stubbornness that turns me off. What ever his approach is, whatever his philosophies are, they haven't translated to success or even improvement in the last three seasons (including Indiana).

The other thing that we had with Dan at this point, as much as he disliked talking to many of us :D, he still did it. He knew he had to reinvigorate the fan base. He knew he needed to build relationships with fans and donors. Other than some tweets, a Dunkin' appearance, and asking in press conferences for fans to come out to the game, is he visible? Or because he had a championship program at Dayton, and coached at Indiana, does he think he doesn't need to do that? Again, I'm watching from afar, so I can't say I really know, but my perception is he isn't connecting with the fanbase. That might not translate into wins on the floor but it seems we are at a point where we have certainly lost the casual fan, but we are also at risk of losing season ticket holders/donors and long-timers at that.

I once had a conversation with Dan after a close loss to Valpo on the road. I asked him why he didn't double-team Alec Peters who lit us up for 27 points. His face scrunched up in anger and he told me "you know nothing about basketball." I loved it, not because I got to him, I was genuinely curious as to why. I loved it because I could feel how badly he hated to lose. And I mean, compared to him he was right about me knowing nothing about basketball, so it's possible I'm reading this Archie situation all wrong.
Last edited by RoadyJay 4 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
3 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

A Roady Jay sighting!! Great post. I do think there is some accuracy in the comments on Archie regarding is connecting with fan base. I would suggest he expects that his prior success at past teams kinda insulates him from criticism. The few events I have been he appeared to make little to no effort to reach out to attending fans. At the spring event, he seemed to be a different guy and spoke highly of the new team. I have referred to this living off the fumes of Dayton success and been hired at Indiana. Let’s remember Dan was acting in such a way to build a brand. I think Archies’s brand proceeds him and he doesn’t need to work to maintain and grow it. No?
1 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

“We’ll be good when we are good” the least inspiring intro speech ever. I can only imagine what he regales the team with.
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

One thing I remember was last year at an event where the coaches were all available to talk to the fans on the floor at the RC. Kenny and Duane were much more engaging than Archie. But I think that's his personality. I don't think he's ever done it. He's just interested in coaching the team. He wasn't nasty or anything like that to us. It just kind of seemed he'd rather be somewhere else. Kenny and Duane were great to talk to.
2 x
RoadyJay
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RoadyJay »

section(105) wrote: 4 months ago A Roady Jay sighting!! Great post. I do think there is some accuracy in the comments on Archie regarding is connecting with fan base. I would suggest he expects that his prior success at past teams kinda insulates him from criticism. The few events I have been he appeared to make little to no effort to reach out to attending fans. At the spring event, he seemed to be a different guy and spoke highly of the new team. I have referred to this living off the fumes of Dayton success and been hired at Indiana. Let’s remember Dan was acting in such a way to build a brand. I think Archies’s brand proceeds him and he doesn’t need to work to maintain and grow it. No?
Archie’s accomplished more than most college basketball coaches and no one can take that away from him. But how long does that shine last when you have little positive to point too in the past several seasons?

If he thinks his brand precedes him that’s alarming. He was fired at his last job. He should have something to prove.

Let’s also remember he took a year off. Is he 100% all in to do what it takes to build another championship program? His buyout was $10.3 million at Indiana, which was the 15th largest buyout in NCAA history at the time. I can see with that kind of money and a year off, without the grind, how it might be tough to have the same hunger.
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Jdrums#3 wrote: 4 months ago

Agree that we are behind pace compared to DH rebuild

Arch needs to get going , I would hate to see him fail here !
0 x
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

reef wrote: 4 months ago
Arch needs to get going , I would hate to see him fail here !
Me too.
2 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

A good comparison is Coach Martin and UMASS right? Two veteran coaches trying to turn around flagship school programs. UMASS was in a better position I think but he has UMASS going this season after struggling.
1 x
GO RAMS
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 4 months ago A good comparison is Coach Martin and UMASS right? Two veteran coaches trying to turn around flagship school programs. UMASS was in a better position I think but he has UMASS going this season after struggling.
UMASS has 1 player from before taking over Ryan Marcus, a Senior, who has played a total of 6 minutes this year
URI has no players from before Miller took over

So both basically with new Rosters from 2021-2022.

UMASS 7-3 NET 86
URI 4-7 NET 253
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

ramster wrote: 4 months ago
Rhodymob05 wrote: 4 months ago A good comparison is Coach Martin and UMASS right? Two veteran coaches trying to turn around flagship school programs. UMASS was in a better position I think but he has UMASS going this season after struggling.
UMASS has 1 player from before taking over Ryan Marcus, a Senior, who has played a total of 6 minutes this year
URI has no players from before Miller took over

So both basically with new Rosters from 2021-2022.

UMASS 7-3 NET 86
URI 4-7 NET 253
Then, I would say, that's not a "good" comparison, for Arch anyway?
(To clarify, I'd still much rather have Arch than Martin)
0 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Serious question.

How many potential recruits (and transfers) see that Miller is committed to the packline and want to come here?
0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

section(105) wrote: 4 months ago I do think there is some accuracy in the comments on Archie regarding is connecting with fan base. I would suggest he expects that his prior success at past teams kinda insulates him from criticism. The few events I have been he appeared to make little to no effort to reach out to attending fans.
Al Skinner was hardly a schmoozer or a glad-hander either. Tell me you wouldn't take him right now.
1 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Seems we dont have the talent to play the pack line well.

How about some good old fashioned hard nosed half court man defense instead?

All in favor raise your hands!
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

rambone 78 wrote: 4 months ago Seems we dont have the talent to play the pack line well.

How about some good old fashioned hard nosed half court man defense instead?

All in favor raise your hands!
I'm not a fan of defense, but it does seem like it could be helpful if they tried to play 'some'
1 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

It’s funny, I went and re-read some of the Baron 2.0 thread and you could almost just take the same posters’ posts from there, change Archie for Dan, and get what we have now.

Evergreen posts. I look forward to all of you eating crow. Again.
1 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Blue Man wrote: 4 months ago It’s funny, I went and re-read some of the Baron 2.0 thread and you could almost just take the same posters’ posts from there, change Archie for Dan, and get what we have now.

I wouldn't mind being wrong Blue Man.

But how long before that happens?

Or if it happens.
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Not sure which side of the Baron 2.0 thread I was on...but that one alone should be a lesson/warning to all that want to jump the Arch now

ETA: Looks like the wrong side. Didn't see anything saying he should be fired, but the words were not real kind...
Last edited by NYGFan_Section208 4 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 4 months ago Not sure which side of the Baron 2.0 thread I was on...but that one alone should be a lesson/warning to all that want to jump the Arch now
Pretty sure I was one of the first posts in that thread and said we can let him leave lol oops

Not all there with Archie right now. Not even close.
0 x
Go Rhody
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Blue Man wrote: 4 months ago It’s funny, I went and re-read some of the Baron 2.0 thread and you could almost just take the same posters’ posts from there, change Archie for Dan, and get what we have now.

Hurley evolved a lot as a coach. Early on his offensive sets (or complete lack of scheme) was bad. But his players always played hustle defense. Not seeing that right now. It’s not complete lack of hustle it’s more confusion to my eye. Strong offensive players like Lilly, Daniels and Hopkins have their way as the game goes on.

It’s still early days tho but the seat could be warm next season (not hot ) without progress. Plenty of time to right the ship.

Personally I need to see significant improvements vs. Northeastern. To me that game is far from meaningless. Losing to Lilly and Daniels/ Robinson wasn’t a complete shock to me especially with the packline confusion. All the lessons that need to be taught are in the PC, Brown and UNH game film.

If Miller determines (as I have from watching) that this group can’t hold down superior talent with the packline he should be mixing in man to man and different zone looks. EVERY D1 player knows how to play those defensives.

As a lifelong hoops fan and coach I’m enjoying the fascinating study. Not the results so far…

Go Rhody
3 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

hrstrat57 wrote: 4 months ago

Hurley evolved a lot as a coach. Early on his offensive sets (or complete lack of scheme) was bad. But his players always played hustle defense. Not seeing that right now. It’s not complete lack of hustle it’s more confusion to my eye. Strong offensive players like Lilly, Daniels and Hopkins have their way as the game goes on.

It’s still early days tho but the seat could be warm next season (not hot ) without progress. Plenty of time to right the ship.

Personally I need to see significant improvements vs. Northeastern. To me that game is far from meaningless. Losing to Lilly and Daniels/ Robinson wasn’t a complete shock to me especially with the packline confusion. All the lessons that need to be taught are in the PC, Brown and UNH game film.

If Miller determines (as I have from watching) that this group can’t hold down superior talent with the packline he should be mixing in man to man and different zone looks. EVERY D1 player knows how to play those defensives.

As a lifelong hoops fan and coach I’m enjoying the fascinating study. Not the results so far…

Go Rhody
I mean - people in that 2.0 thread were saying he hadn’t evolved as a coach. In 5 years at that point.

So he did no evolving for the first 5.5 years and in 1.5 he evolved a ton?

Again, I’m not saying everything looks great. I am saying that the hit rate on this board in this particular arena of overreaction…is pretty abjectly terrible.

Maybe we should wait a bit before we cast these Archie judgements in stone?
3 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

I agree with you on this Blue Man, definitely too early for any of that talk and need to let things play out more, but I feel like at least this time around compared to the Baron 2.0 days the numbers are kind of reversed. While last time there were maybe only a handful of us still in on Hurley it seems like this time there are only a handful out on Archie so far.
0 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Blue Man wrote: 4 months ago

Go Rhody
I mean - people in that 2.0 thread were saying he hadn’t evolved as a coach. In 5 years at that point.

Again, I’m not saying everything looks great. I am saying that the hit rate on this board in this particular arena of overreaction…is pretty abjectly terrible.

We definitely have our (as phrase coined by Pitino) “Fellowship of the Miserable”

Many of the “Fellowship” only appear when the team is down and contribute zero.

Entertainment tho, it’s a hoot!

I’d suggest you just enjoy the chaos BlueMan and we’ll count our blessings that we’re not “always” negative.

It’s hoops and there’s ups and downs.

Oh and UNH is better and might just give UVM a run for the AE title and a bid.
3 x
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Obviously thorr isn’t firing Arch tomorrow, but if he doesn’t turn it around soon…or at least show signs of life…

We’re on pace to what, maybe win 2 more games this year?

Home dogs to Northeastern?

Can’t beat Brown?

C’mon! You HAVE to win more than 9 games this year, and you HAVE to be above .500 next year.

I can’t take this crap any more. Excuses, excuses…

I WILL give him this: at least he acknowledges that things suck.

So on behalf of nobody on here but me: apology accepted.
Now f’n fix it!!!
2 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Go Rhody

I only think a few people on here want Archie to be fired right now. Most of us understand he needs more time. It's very simple for me. Unless something horrible happens, like an EC Matthews injury, this team should be better every single year under Archie. Right now, we look just as bad if not worse. That's why people are worried. That's why I'm worried. I still believe in Archie. I still love some of our young pieces. But if we finish in the bottom 2 of the A10 again, I'll have more and more doubts. A great coach will figure out how to get this team back on track. Let's see what Archie can do!
1 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

steveystuds06 wrote: 4 months ago

Go Rhody

I only think a few people on here want Archie to be fired right now. Most of us understand he needs more time. It's very simple for me. Unless something horrible happens, like an EC Matthews injury, this team should be better every single year under Archie. Right now, we look just as bad if not worse. That's why people are worried. That's why I'm worried. I still believe in Archie. I still love some of our young pieces. But if we finish in the bottom 2 of the A10 again, I'll have more and more doubts. A great coach will figure out how to get this team back on track. Let's see what Archie can do!
Yes, I feel most here do expect things to get better and haven't given up on Archie.
All we need is a few wins soon for the players to get some confidence back and the attitudes of many of the fans to improve.

I always knew this wasn't going to be an overnight rebuild, so I am willing to be patient.
It is also okay to be a little disappointed at this time, because nobody enjoys seeing us lose.
2 x
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Amending my apology acceptance on one more condition…(besides more than 9 wins this year and above .500 next)

No more D-3 games.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Not sure who we are getting back soon I would think Fuchs the most likely of the 3

Unfortunately right now we could be looking @ a 6-12 conf record if we can’t right the ship
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

rhodyrudder wrote: 4 months ago Amending my apology acceptance on one more condition…(besides more than 9 wins this year and above .500 next)

No more D-3 games.
Sorry. You just need to look at those like NFL season ticketholders do their pre-season games.
No one likes it, but it's part of the deal. (Except, at least the NFL games aren't in the middle of the season)
0 x
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Exhibition is one thing.
Schedule 45 of them.
But not any real games.
This year’s home schedule was ALREADY the softest in history.
0 x
class of 86
Michael Andersen

Unread post by class of 86 »

Billyboy78 wrote: 4 months ago One thing I remember was last year at an event where the coaches were all available to talk to the fans on the floor at the RC. Kenny and Duane were much more engaging than Archie. But I think that's his personality. I don't think he's ever done it. He's just interested in coaching the team. He wasn't nasty or anything like that to us. It just kind of seemed he'd rather be somewhere else. Kenny and Duane were great to talk to.
That's an interesting post. I don't know who wrote Archie's Wikipedia article but if you read about Archie it says that his real name is Ryan but he got the name Archie because his temperament is more like Archie Bunker. Now if you'd ask me I would have said it was because he liked Archie and jJughead.
0 x
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

rhodyrudder wrote: 4 months ago Obviously thorr isn’t firing Arch tomorrow, but if he doesn’t turn it around soon…or at least show signs of life…

We’re on pace to what, maybe win 2 more games this year?

Home dogs to Northeastern?

Can’t beat Brown?

C’mon! You HAVE to win more than 9 games this year, and you HAVE to be above .500 next year.

I can’t take this crap any more. Excuses, excuses…

I WILL give him this: at least he acknowledges that things suck.

So on behalf of nobody on here but me: apology accepted.
Now f’n fix it!!!
Acknowledging that we suck is not an incisive, knowledgeable comment.Is there anyone in the program or fan base that would argue with that analysis. Zero kudos to Archie for that statement.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

This is a bunch of bullshit. I talked to Archie when he was hired. He's a bit laid back, but these posts are bullshit. Had a great conversation with him. Some of you people suck.
1 x
CaptainRon
Kenny Green

Unread post by CaptainRon »

theblueram wrote: 4 months ago This is a bunch of bullshit. I talked to Archie when he was hired. He's a bit laid back, but these posts are bullshit. Had a great conversation with him. Some of you people suck.
So you think we should keep him because you had a good conversation with him? We are going to keep him because of the money we owe him. Even if he doesn’t win another game.
1 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

CaptainRon wrote: 4 months ago
theblueram wrote: 4 months ago This is a bunch of bullshit. I talked to Archie when he was hired. He's a bit laid back, but these posts are bullshit. Had a great conversation with him. Some of you people suck.
So you think we should keep him because you had a good conversation with him? We are going to keep him because of the money we owe him. Even if he doesn’t win another game.
Noted Cpt Ron you want him fired. Nice.
0 x
CaptainRon
Kenny Green

Unread post by CaptainRon »

theblueram wrote: 4 months ago
CaptainRon wrote: 4 months ago
Noted Cpt Ron you want him fired. Nice.
Absolutely didn’t say that. What I said is you don’t keep a guy because one person had a good conversation with him. As a matter of fact, what I did say is that he can’t be fired. I don’t give enough money where I can change anything. What I think pro or con doesn’t matter
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I’m rooting so damn hard for Arch to succeed !

He has so much more of a pedigree than Cox did I would hate to see him fail

He’s been to an elite 8 before darn it !
5 x
rjv
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by rjv »

Current record
For what it's worth.....
Quinnipiac 9-3
Bradley 7-5
High Point 10-4
0 x
reef