Rhody Vault

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Rhody Vault

Unread post by ramster »

Rhody Vault
@Rhody Vault

Here is a look at the NET rankings for all 4 D1 Mens Programs in Rhode Island.

Bryant - 131
Providence- 145
Brown- 210
Rhode Island - 303

Can URI challenge his name as copyright infringement?

Please change your name to Bryant Vault!!!!!

All he talks about is Bryant, Bryant, Bryant

Now let’s rub Rhody’s nose in the NET
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Re: Rhody Vault

Unread post by Rhody15 »

He is literally just giving an update on the NET rankings for the four D1 teams in the state.

He gave absolutely zero opinion in that tweet.

Holy shit dude, you gotta relax.
11 x
Go Rhody
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Ramster, just challenge him on something. Then he'll block you and you'll never have to see his posts again. At least that's what he did to me.
4 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Rhody15 wrote: 1 year ago He is literally just giving an update on the NET rankings for the four D1 teams in the state.

He gave absolutely zero opinion in that tweet.

Holy shit dude, you gotta relax.
Are you Rhody Vault? That would make sense. From Keaney Blue Hall Monitor to Rhody Vault? Hmmm

At least I woke you up 15. Seemed like you slept thru the PC discussions
Last edited by ramster 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 year ago Ramster, just challenge him on something. Then he'll block you and you'll never have to see his posts again. At least that's what he did to me.
He has been expanding his realm beyond URI to include the State, the A10,
So it's time to give up the Rhody Vault title
He got on the Bryant Bandwagon big time in the last couple of weeks
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

ramster wrote: 1 year ago
Billyboy78 wrote: 1 year ago Ramster, just challenge him on something. Then he'll block you and you'll never have to see his posts again. At least that's what he did to me.
I still see his stuff on Instagram. He hasn't blocked me there yet.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 year ago
I still see his stuff on Instagram. He hasn't blocked me there yet.
Some poster here, I don't recall who, said recently that he should change his name to Bryant Vault. I didn't originate the idea.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

I guess now the Rhody Ruckus needs to attend WBB Games as well
Maybe we can split the Ruckus in half and half go to MBB and half to WBB

And what about Golf, Tennis, Lacrosse, Swimming - split Ruckus across all sports. Maybe get some studying in somewhere along the way - or just quit Ruckus.

Wonder what Bryant, PC and Brown do with their Ruckus squads. Should check into that.

Rhody Vault
@ Rhody Vault

💥The reason I brought up equity and @RhodyRuckus for womens games is because perception matters. It’s a disservice to @RhodyWBB to not put the same amount of attention on enticing students to come. I spoke w. @MAVoepel previously about the “small things”
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

Ramster, I would welcome a name change, too.

I do appreciate the video work he has done to promote Rhody’s history but that’s it for me.

We are hyper-focused Rhody bb fans here so, I understand it’s difficult not to get pissed at his Schtick. But, I don’t think he has the following to matter much ( although I’m not on Twitter or Instagram so I don’t know that for sure). So he’s just not worth the aggravation. Don’t let his Schtick give you ahgitta (my apologies for the spelling, fellow Italians - not sure I got it correct).
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

ramster wrote: 1 year ago I guess now the Rhody Ruckus needs to attend WBB Games as well
Maybe we can split the Ruckus in half and half go to MBB and half to WBB

And what about Golf, Tennis, Lacrosse, Swimming - split Ruckus across all sports. Maybe get some studying in somewhere along the way - or just quit Ruckus.

Wonder what Bryant, PC and Brown do with their Ruckus squads. Should check into that.

Rhody Vault
@ Rhody Vault

💥The reason I brought up equity and @RhodyRuckus for womens games is because perception matters. It’s a disservice to @RhodyWBB to not put the same amount of attention on enticing students to come. I spoke w. @MAVoepel previously about the “small things”
I actually don't mind their take here
2 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Big Rhody Guy
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Big Rhody Guy »

Yeah encouraging students and the organization that represents them to attend women's game is a good thing. Tammi has them rolling and for the school to only promote the men does send a bad message. I understand some of the general frustration with the guy but now it seems we're getting mad at him just to get mad at him.
3 x
@Bigrhodyguy on Twitter
Blogging for fun @ https://bigrhodyguy.wixsite.com/website
RhodyVault
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by RhodyVault »

Ahh man thanks for all the love guys. Appreciate it. In Archie We Trust!!
0 x
RhodyVault
Frenchy Tomlin

I like Rhody Vault a lot more than Bryant Vault but I appreciate the feedback.
ramster wrote: 1 year ago Rhody Vault
@Rhody Vault

Bryant - 131
Providence- 145
Brown- 210
Rhode Island - 303

1 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Lady Rams are more than deserving of support they’re actually demanding it at the moment.
3 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
NHRamFan
Lamar Odom

Unread post by NHRamFan »

Ignore the women's basketball team at your own risk. Coach Reiss is building something very special, and it deserves equal attention and support.
6 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

hrstrat57 wrote: 1 year ago Lady Rams are more than deserving of support they’re actually demanding it at the moment.
3,800 fans at the last Wednesday home game with an 11am start.
Actual number, not tickets sold, 3,800 people in seats - and they were loud with positive energy from game start to finish. Can’t remember the Ryan Center being so electric.
Probably double actual people in seats to what MBB had for the 7pm Night Game vs Brown.
Yes it was Education Day for schools in RI but it’s imaginative ideas and implementation like that which is making the WBB grow with excitement.
Tammi is like Dan Hurley. She is driving the bus, and driving it better with each passing month.
3 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Um. Ok lol. I’ve never seen anyone with more of an axe to grind on a coach for not talking to them.

5 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

"The team won, and he's responded to being benched twice now, but really, fuck that coach, he doesn't know what he's doing."
3 x
sevegny7
Art Stephenson

Unread post by sevegny7 »

Blue Man wrote: 1 year ago Um. Ok lol. I’ve never seen anyone with more of an axe to grind on a coach for not talking to them.

I responded to that tweet. He hid my tweets so no one can see them. But didn't respond to them because he has nothing to say. Lol
1 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

He did same to me. I saw your replies Sevegny. Any real fans of this program on Twitter need to drown him out on twitter bc he is purposefully trying to create a problem between an important player and the coach. All for access. His motives are not pure; a wolf in sheeps clothing.
3 x
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodysurf »

I had to mute him a while back. It’s a shame
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

RhodyVault wrote: 1 year ago Ahh man thanks for all the love guys. Appreciate it. In Archie We Trust!!
Nice to see you finally post in here. You're an ass. Now you can block me in here too, you useless piece of shit.
1 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

I attempted to reply. I couldn’t.

Tough to generate fan engagement when all you do is attack the coach of your team and expect the same fans to just agree with it. Then simultaneously not allowing responses.

Not enough of a social media presence for this program to have a guy purporting to be a Rhody guy just bashing the coach. It’s not even thinly veiled.

It’s so obvious that he’s pouting because he can’t get access - and then in turn acts in a way that will ensure he never does.
10 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to Rhody's NIL
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

RhodyVault wrote: 1 year ago I like Rhody Vault a lot more than Bryant Vault but I appreciate the feedback.
ramster wrote: 1 year ago Rhody Vault
@Rhody Vault

Bryant - 131
Providence- 145
Brown- 210
Rhode Island - 303

Hey did Archie hurt your feelings?

Also, have you slicked Grasso's hair back for him yet BRYANT VAULT?! 😂😂😂

I jest, but it would be entertaining if you replied to your criticism here.
4 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Blue Man wrote: 1 year ago I attempted to reply. I couldn’t.

Tough to generate fan engagement when all you do is attack the coach of your team and expect the same fans to just agree with it. Then simultaneously not allowing responses.

Not enough of a social media presence for this program to have a guy purporting to be a Rhody guy just bashing the coach. It’s not even thinly veiled.

It’s so obvious that he’s pouting because he can’t get access - and then in turn acts in a way that will ensure he never does.
Exactly, which is why the real actual fans that are on Twitter need to drown out his noise. Let him block all Rhody fans who cares. He’s a complete asshat.
3 x
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

As I posted in the UML game thread, let's all just make a pact to ignore this bozo and stop engaging with him on social media site/apps and we can watch him fade into obscurity.
3 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

At least @DFC1074 (who I think is on here) was allowed to respond with some good points/back and forth. I can't reply as he doesn't follow me.

"Where’s the wild part? Check the tape and the play which caused Archie to decide to pull Bray and get back to me. It’s pretty clear. We need Bray to be our leader and best player. He’s trying to get that out of him."

I wasn't able to watch (plan on watching it later) so I'm curious as to what caused Archie to bench him until the end?
1 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

steviep123 wrote: 1 year ago At least @DFC1074 (who I think is on here) was allowed to respond with some good points/back and forth. I can't reply as he doesn't follow me.

"Where’s the wild part? Check the tape and the play which caused Archie to decide to pull Bray and get back to me. It’s pretty clear. We need Bray to be our leader and best player. He’s trying to get that out of him."

I wasn't able to watch (plan on watching it later) so I'm curious as to what caused Archie to bench him until the end?
DFC I think is BAR on here
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

I guess RV feels he has a better grasp of game strategy and player development than Archie.

He has to yet to initially break any news, yet he claims to.
At least news that is correct.

He needs to stay in his own element to avoid embarrassment.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

RhodyVault wrote: 1 year ago Ahh man thanks for all the love guys. Appreciate it. In Archie We Trust!!
Nice to see you finally post in here. You're an ass. Now you can block me in here too, you useless piece of shit.
Top notch name-calling! Way to go!
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 1 year ago
I appreciate your sarcasm. Whatever. He is an ass.
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Sometimes simple and direct works. I laughed lol.
1 x

Give to Rhody's NIL
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

RhodyKyle wrote: 1 year ago
steviep123 wrote: 1 year ago At least @DFC1074 (who I think is on here) was allowed to respond with some good points/back and forth. I can't reply as he doesn't follow me.

DFC I think is BAR on here
Guilty as charged ;)

I have had a lengthy back and forth with RV and I have not minced words. The lone credit I will give him is he hasn't blocked me yet.
But I do think he is doing the program a disservice by using his platform to take pot shots at Archie.
And there is a difference between questioning/criticizing coaching decisions on Twitter which is fair game and taking shots.
Anyone can see the difference including him. I'm not about those negative vibes especially when they are coming from a source using Rhody in his name and proclaiming to be a fan.
2 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

And the play I think (would have to watch the tape again) pissed off Archie was when a UM-L big got a pass and Bray whiffed on trying to steal it and flew by never looking back...the UM-L guy missed the dunk and the ball bounced right back to him and he laid it in. Bray's back was still turned to the play under the basket. Was right around that 4-5 minute mark.
2 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

I appreciate your sarcasm. Whatever. He is an ass.
Yep, complete sarcasm. Good catch.
0 x
MTK4L
Steve Chubin

Unread post by MTK4L »

I love this. He is a piece of shit. Blocked me as well on Twitter. As mentioned before also blocked a pretty significant booster. It's a shame because if he just did his job right, he could be well liked. If you want to give it, you better be able to take it.

I'm tired of his woke as shit. I bet he has a case full of participation awards.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

bigappleram wrote: 1 year ago

And the play I think (would have to watch the tape again) pissed off Archie was when a UM-L big got a pass and Bray whiffed on trying to steal it and flew by never looking back...the UM-L guy missed the dunk and the ball bounced right back to him and he laid it in. Bray's back was still turned to the play under the basket. Was right around that 4-5 minute mark.
I absolutely remember that play. Freeman had his back turned to the court looking towards the Rhody Band and Ruckus. He seemed surprised when he saw play continued and UML scored. I didn’t think to look at Miller and Assistant Coach reactions on that play - wish I had thought of that.
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

BAR,
There was a play where Freeman and Leggett were on a 2-1 breakaway. Freeman took it himself and I think he was either blocked or simply missed the shot. My immediate thought was he should have passed off. I then heard a guy near me say just what I was thinking “he should have passed off”
Last game we had a 4-1 breakaway and Freeman took it himself and failed to convert.
Freeman has 22 assists and 21 TOs in 11 games. I wonder to what extent Freeman’s playing time and Thomas’s minutes are impacted by Freeman’s more penchant to score points vs opting for the assist.
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

MTK4L wrote: 1 year ago
I love this. He is a piece of shit. Blocked me as well on Twitter. As mentioned before also blocked a pretty significant booster. It's a shame because if he just did his job right, he could be well liked. If you want to give it, you better be able to take it.

I'm tired of his woke as shit. I bet he has a case full of participation awards.
I wouldn't take to Twitter if you paid me...but I find it humorous that adults are reflecting their maturity by calling other adults nasty names because "he blocked me on Twitter."

L O bleeping L....
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

I wouldn't take to Twitter if you paid me...but I find it humorous that adults are reflecting their maturity by calling other adults nasty names because "he blocked me on Twitter."

L O bleeping L....
I don't care that he blocked me. In fact, it's probably a blessing. I called him an ass because of what he's trying to do to the relationship between our coach and his guy Bray that could potentially hurt our program ( I don't think it will, but that seems to be his intention). I think he's an ass and I expressed it. I'm sorry it offends you.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

L O bleeping L....
I don't care that he blocked me. In fact, it's probably a blessing. I called him an ass because of what he's trying to do to the relationship between our coach and his guy Bray that could potentially hurt our program ( I don't think it will, but that seems to be his intention). I think he's an ass and I expressed it. I'm sorry it offends you.
I'm not offended....I just find it humorous that the Twitter can get so many panties in such a knotty bunch. Makes me wonder if we're in kindergarten or high school :lol:

ETA: Let's be honest here. I don't think for one second that you give a ratsy if I'm offended (or if anyone else is either) ;)
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

BAR,
There was a play where Freeman and Leggett were on a 2-1 breakaway. Freeman took it himself and I think he was either blocked or simply missed the shot. My immediate thought was he should have passed off. I then heard a guy near me say just what I was thinking “he should have passed off”
Last game we had a 4-1 breakaway and Freeman took it himself and failed to convert.
Freeman has 22 assists and 21 TOs in 11 games. I wonder to what extent Freeman’s playing time and Thomas’s minutes are impacted by Freeman’s more penchant to score points vs opting for the assist.
I really love that about Arch he sees something he doesn’t like and immediately makes a substitution and uses it as a coaching moment a drastic difference from what Cox used to do
3 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

Reef, I agree - especially with this less experienced team. They need the big picture coaching and the situational coaching. Like others have said, it goes towards instilling the culture Arch is establishing.
1 x
gazakaza
Steve Chubin

Unread post by gazakaza »

Let's add some more fire to this. I know from a trusted source that he did indeed go to URI but that he doesn't even live in the US. He is doing everything from up in the great north of Canada. Like you don't even live here. And apparently has his brother give him recaps of the game so he can talk about it. Pretty sad if you ask me.
Last edited by gazakaza 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

gazakaza wrote: 1 year ago Let's add some more fire to this. I know from a trusted source that he did indeed go to URI but that he doesn't even live in the US. He is doing everything from up in the great north of Canada. Like you don't even live here. And apparently has his brother try to give him recaps of the game so he can talk about it. Pretty sad if you ask me.
It’s very sad. Smelled a rat from very early on.
1 x
RhodyVault
Frenchy Tomlin

1. Woke? Because I think Rucus should promote the Womens games which is one of 3 ticketed sports at URI...
2. I have criticized Archie's decision to bench a player that early because I didn't think it was warranted and I dint like people comparing a new member of the team to Mitchell twins and all of that.
3. I run an account that any of you can decide to follow or engage with. I also have that decision. So I am being trolled or I don't want to engage than love it or hate it I block.
4. A rat? I have been the biggest supported of this program and have Brough more attention to it on twitter than any news source has in 3 years in my opinion. I have brought alumni back in the fold. I am critical of certain decisions Archie makes and don't "fall in line" with the idea that he has nothing to prove and we can't question anything he does until year 3.
5. I support and talk with many players on this team and have gone out of my way for FREE to promote these guys and try and get them NIL stuff.
6. The Canada/brother things shows that there are several of you that just want to hate, absolutely hate to the next level. Recaps of games? The games are on television and god forbid an Alumni doesn't live in Kingston, must mean he can't watch games...
7. I have not been interested for awhile now in interviews or connecting with the program. Several months back I talked with a member of the staff for about 40 minutes. I now cover several teams and I apologize it so kills many of you. Leave the personal stuff out of a college basketball game. The anger and intensity is out of line. And if you really want to actually have a productive conversation than lets meet over the break for a drink and you can let me know what you think. Some of you are grown ass adults trying to attack a grown ass adult who covers sports on twitter as a hobby.
8. No sarcasm, Archie Miller was the best hire Rhode Island could make. Ive stated than many times, I just disagreed strongly with what transpired early. Cheers. And I am serious if you want to get into a debate lets meet in south county over the next couple of weeks.
4 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

RhodyVault wrote: 1 year ago 1. Woke? Because I think Rucus should promote the Womens games which is one of 3 ticketed sports at URI...
2. I have criticized Archie's decision to bench a player that early because I didn't think it was warranted and I dint like people comparing a new member of the team to Mitchell twins and all of that.
3. I run an account that any of you can decide to follow or engage with. I also have that decision. So I am being trolled or I don't want to engage than love it or hate it I block.
4. A rat? I have been the biggest supported of this program and have Brough more attention to it on twitter than any news source has in 3 years in my opinion. I have brought alumni back in the fold. I am critical of certain decisions Archie makes and don't "fall in line" with the idea that he has nothing to prove and we can't question anything he does until year 3.
5. I support and talk with many players on this team and have gone out of my way for FREE to promote these guys and try and get them NIL stuff.
6. The Canada/brother things shows that there are several of you that just want to hate, absolutely hate to the next level. Recaps of games? The games are on television and god forbid an Alumni doesn't live in Kingston, must mean he can't watch games...
7. I have not been interested for awhile now in interviews or connecting with the program. Several months back I talked with a member of the staff for about 40 minutes. I now cover several teams and I apologize it so kills many of you. Leave the personal stuff out of a college basketball game. The anger and intensity is out of line. And if you really want to actually have a productive conversation than lets meet over the break for a drink and you can let me know what you think. Some of you are grown ass adults trying to attack a grown ass adult who covers sports on twitter as a hobby.
8. No sarcasm, Archie Miller was the best hire Rhode Island could make. Ive stated than many times, I just disagreed strongly with what transpired early. Cheers. And I am serious if you want to get into a debate lets meet in south county over the next couple of weeks.
You block people who don't agree with you? LMAO!!!
0 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

i say... meet the man for a drink !

hatch it out and its a WIN WIN !

i often find conversations over a drink tends to help

much better than back and forth over postings, etc

this is why i have never had a twitter/facebook or whatever social media accounts are in these days

let's all be friends :)

GO RHODY !

and don't you worry... we will be there by end of the year :)
0 x
RhodyVault
Frenchy Tomlin

Plenty of people disagree with me and I don’t block. I block when it turns personal or someone is trolling me or someone starts getting personal with a player. The LMFO part is that you all don’t like what I do, and come on here to post it, but also complain that I block. We’re talking about Twitter and because I have critiqued a coach about basketball decisions. Basketball. And from the beginning there’s a whole cohort of people on this that can’t stand that someone ever criticizes a coach. Yet you will jump to criticize a kid or kids who have been here less time than the coach. The funny thing is the only reason I kept going back at it is because of trolls that kept responding so I continued. But keep spitting out hate and anger on a public board that recruits and players can see, do you. But I am certainly not gonna go back-and-forth on a message board or on Twitter. That’s just ridiculous. So last time if you want to talk in person because you’re genuinely concerned about something or to debate, let me know.
RhodyVault wrote: 1 year ago 1. Woke? Because I think Rucus should promote the Womens games which is one of 3 ticketed sports at URI...
You block people who don't agree with you? LMAO!!!
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

1. You started an account branded "Rhody" and then seemingly alienated first the program and then much of the active fanbase that posts here and would consume your content

2. That's sorta Marketing 101 stuff

3. It's not that serious nor that hard to understand.

4. I'm not a troll. I've been in Sec 211 Row D since Day 1 of the RC.
1 x