22-23 Final 4 College Football Playoffs

For any college sports discussion not based in Kingston
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

22-23 Final 4 College Football Playoffs

Unread post by Jersey77 »

Things are getting interesting, both USC and TCU lose in their conference championship games.
Who ends up going?
0 x
JimSidd
Art Stephenson

Re: 22-23 Final 4 College Football Playoffs

Unread post by JimSidd »

Jersey77 wrote: 1 year ago Things are getting interesting, both USC and TCU lose in their conference championship games.
Who ends up going?
I believe TCU will remain, since they lost in overtime. Furthermore, I think they will stay at number 3, as the committee will want to avoid a rematch of number 2 Michigan vs number 3 Ohio St.
I think Ohio St gets the 4 seed and Alabama gets left out.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

JimSidd wrote: 1 year ago
Jersey77 wrote: 1 year ago Things are getting interesting, both USC and TCU lose in their conference championship games.
Who ends up going?
I believe TCU will remain, since they lost in overtime. Furthermore, I think they will stay at number 3, as the committee will want to avoid a rematch of number 2 Michigan vs number 3 Ohio St.
I think Ohio St gets the 4 seed and Alabama gets left out.
I agree about the 4 teams but wouldn't be surprised to see TCU slip to 4 and there will be a Mich/Ohio State rematch.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

It is:
1. Georgia vs. 4.Ohio State
2. Michigan vs, 3. TCU
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Georgia vs TCU

College football's transfer portal is working ... just look at TCU

Dan Wetzel·Columnist
Tue, January 3, 2023, 4:20 PM EST·5 min read
In this article:

Sonny Dykes
American football coach
TCU went 5-7 in 2021, leading to the firing of legendary head coach Gary Patterson. The program had grown stagnant, just 23-24 the last four seasons, and appeared to be in need of a significant rebuild for new coach Sonny Dykes.

The situation was exacerbated when 15 players transferred out following the coaching change, including at least four high-end talents.

While the transfer portal — and the corresponding allure of name, image and likeness money — has been decried and vilified by plenty of people in college athletics, most notably that it serves to make strong teams even stronger, Dykes offers a different perspective, one of opportunity and quick fixes.

Namely, how the program’s turnaround from middling Big 12 program to 13-1 team that will play Georgia on Monday for the national championship, wouldn’t be possible without it. The transfer portal flows both ways, after all, so Dykes brought in 13 new players who added a dash of talent, plugged roster holes and produced necessary depth.

“Had we not been able to add those 13 transfers, you know, we would have been in trouble defensively,” Dykes told The Athletic.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/college-fo ... 19990.html
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Georgia 38. TCU 7 at Halftime

Xavier Truss from West Warwick and Hendricken HS 6'7" 320 lb Junior playing well on Offensive Line for UGA
1 x
OBRAM
Art Stephenson

Unread post by OBRAM »

NCAA is going to a 16-team PBS playoff
What a waste of time, no way any team ranked over #6 could win the Championship
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

OBRAM wrote: 1 year ago NCAA is going to a 16-team PBS playoff
Actually going to 12 team playoff. But agree all the same, no team higher than 6 could win, maybe no team higher than 4.

https://collegefootballplayoff.com/news ... -2425.aspx
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

OBRAM wrote: 1 year ago NCAA is going to a 16-team PBS playoff
... then it should be easy for the #1 team to win anyway, right? ;) I don't really know how you avoid spectacles like last night. Georgia was clearly the best team in the nation, and Ohio State was probably #2. I'm not sure if anyone else was all that close. Sometimes, the Final Four semifinal is way more competitive than the final, or, the AFC Championship has two better teams than the Super Bowl. It's football, so it's not like you can play a longer schedule (30+ games) to figure it all out, and it's single elimination anyway, which increases the chance of upsets.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I like the 12 team format better than the 4 , more games is a good thing I think
0 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

OBRAM wrote: 1 year ago no way any team ranked over #6 could win the Championship
Sadly I believe this is true and will get increasingly difficult for non SEC team.
0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

To me an 8 team is the sweet spot as of right now. 5 power conference champions, best team outside of the power 5, then two best at large teams. Keeps the regular season and conference championship games important
2 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

The first round of the playoffs was great, Georgia barely escaped (Ohio State choked) and TCU beat a very good Michigan team in a close battle. The championship was not foreseen by anyone lol. 8 Teams is okay. 12 is absurd.
1 x
GO RAMS