Can we keep up?

Talk about all other Rhody teams, from Baseball to Indoor Track.
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Re: Can we keep up?

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Just looking quickly at this, it looks like their new performance center is just a combination of what we already have and the practice facility that's already under construction. I don't see where the improvements to the Reilly Center will bring it up to what the Ryan Center is. Their baseball field renovations look to be on par with what we have.

Where their plan looks better than us is it seems like their locker room area might be better, but it's hard to tell for sure. They're going to have baseball seating where we currently lack, but that's one of the improvements Thorr is looking to do, so it seems like we're fairly even there
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

The practice facility is a start. Bonnies have some nice facilities per that link. I do like an indoor practice facility for football/other outdoor sports. Players had to use the Ryan center the other day during a thunderstorm and it seemed second-rate.
0 x
GO RAMS
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Olean NY compared to Kingston RI and South County Beaches

Yes we can keep up
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

While they may get a new basketball practice center, their home arena will never be as nice as the Ryan Center. Their Reilly Center arena was built in 1968 and with mostly bleacher seating once had a capacity of some 6,000. The conversion to some chairbacks has reduced capacity. It was listed at 5,480 before Covid and was reduced this past season to below 5,000 in order to skirt vaccination proof requirements (NY required it for venues over 5k). Any improvements to the venue will likely result in further capacity reductions. It would probably follow the same path as the Duquesne facility that has seen its capacity go from its original 6k to just 3,500 once it was upgraded.

Last edited by RF1 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

RF1 wrote: 1 year ago While they may get a new basketball practice center, their home arena will never be as nice as the Ryan Center. Their Reilly Center arena was built in 1968 and with mostly bleacher seating once had a capacity of some 6,000. The conversion to chairbacks has reduced capacity. It was listed at 5,480 before Covid and was reduced this past season to below 5,000 in order to skirt vaccination proof requirements (NY required it for venues over 5k). Any improvements to the venue will likely result in further capacity reductions. It would probably follow the same path as the Duquesne facility that has seen its capacity go from its original 6k to just 3,500 once it was upgraded.

Joe said Covid Pandemic was over
Seriously I doubt Covid Vaccination requirements will be in place this season.
Last edited by ramster 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

Only NIL matters now. 💰
1 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
4Diffs
Lamar Odom

Unread post by 4Diffs »

This is a vision and a hope at this stage. They have created a fundraising campaign to try to accomplish this. Let's see what the final product looks like but this is several years out so not sure can we keep up is an accurate portrayal of what this is right now. This may or may not be reality depending on how the fundraising goes. But we definitely should be able to match the Bonnies, the bigger concern is Dayton, VCU, St. Louis and now Loyola who I think will go right to the top of the league with how big their basketball budget will be. Anyone who thinks Loyola will not be able to compete in the A10 I think will be very mistaken. That is a very good school with deep pockets in a great city.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

It’s all about NIL now
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 1 year ago Just looking quickly at this, it looks like their new performance center is just a combination of what we already have and the practice facility that's already under construction. I don't see where the improvements to the Reilly Center will bring it up to what the Ryan Center is. Their baseball field renovations look to be on par with what we have.

Where their plan looks better than us is it seems like their locker room area might be better, but it's hard to tell for sure. They're going to have baseball seating where we currently lack, but that's one of the improvements Thorr is looking to do, so it seems like we're fairly even there
I have always thought that locker room is extremely below average and pretty boring.

No idea if it couldn’t even be expanded or improved, but what they have now is a pretty tough sell.
0 x
Go Rhody
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Ramulous wrote: 1 year ago Only NIL matters now. 💰
Bingo.

We didn’t have a practice facility when those mattered.

We will now have a practice facility when it matters very little these days.
0 x
Go Rhody
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Rhody15 wrote: 1 year ago
Bingo.

A practice facility still matters a lot in my opinion. For players, I would think they like the NIL, but having a dedicated facility is something they'll use every day. It speaks volumes to recruits that this program is willing to invest in the student-athletes.
1 x
GO RAMS
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 1 year ago
Rhody15 wrote: 1 year ago
Bingo.

A practice facility still matters a lot in my opinion. For players, I would think they like the NIL, but having a dedicated facility is something they'll use every day. It speaks volumes to recruits that this program is willing to invest in the student-athletes.
Practice facility matters when other schools competing for a Freshman recruit or Transfer have one and URI doesn’t.
Practice facility matters when other schools competing for a Freshman recruit or Transfer do NOT have one and URI does

Guys like Jimmy Baron, Jeff Dowtin, EC Mathews would have loved a dedicated Practice Facility where they could have a key and shoot 24/7/365.

Money was donated by people specifically for the Practice Facility. It couldn’t have been used elsewhere.

Women’s Basketball will also benefit from the new facility. Serves as a good recruiting tool for WBB as well.
1 x
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by KeaneyBluBallz »

*Slick Rick has entered the chat*

two words. Jersey Girls.
1 x
:lol:
PlayMikeMotenMore
Tom Garrick

Unread post by PlayMikeMotenMore »

ramster wrote: 1 year ago
RF1 wrote: 1 year ago While they may get a new basketball practice center, their home arena will never be as nice as the Ryan Center. Their Reilly Center arena was built in 1968 and with mostly bleacher seating once had a capacity of some 6,000. The conversion to chairbacks has reduced capacity. It was listed at 5,480 before Covid and was reduced this past season to below 5,000 in order to skirt vaccination proof requirements (NY required it for venues over 5k). Any improvements to the venue will likely result in further capacity reductions. It would probably follow the same path as the Duquesne facility that has seen its capacity go from its original 6k to just 3,500 once it was upgraded.

Joe said Covid was over
Joe said the pandemic was over. He didn't say Covid was over. There's a difference. Nice job misquoting.
2 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

Lyin' Cheatin' Hurtin That's All You Seem To Do
Messin' Around With Every Guy In Town
Puttin' Me Down For Thinkin' Of Someone New
Always The Same Playin' Your Game
Drive Me Insane Trouble Is Gonna Come To You
One Of These Days And It Won't Be Long
You'll Look For Me But Baby I'll Be Gone
This Is All I Gotta Say To You Woman:
Your Time Is Gonna Come
Your Time Is Gonna Come
Your Time Is Gonna Come
Your Time Is Gonna Come
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

PlayMikeMotenMore wrote: 1 year ago
ramster wrote: 1 year ago

Joe said Covid Pandemic was over
Joe said the pandemic was over. He didn't say Covid was over. There's a difference. Nice job misquoting.
Fixed it
0 x
R.Kelly150
Kenny Green

Unread post by R.Kelly150 »

Why do I care? Please explain.
0 x