No re-entry policy for football games

All things Rhody Rams football.
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

No re-entry policy for football games

Unread post by Ramulous »

It appears once you enter Meade you will not be able to leave at halftime and come back into the stadium. A new policy this year. As a tailgater I am upset. This ruins the game day vibe.
1 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

Re: No re-entry policy for football games

Unread post by KeaneyBluBallz »

Lame
0 x
:lol:
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Given enough time, the people in charge will ruin literally everything. That’s the way the world works.
4 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
R.Kelly150
Kenny Green

Unread post by R.Kelly150 »

First off I’m not exactly for this, but it seems like halftime is a time to go out and grab a beer or two. I can’t see why anyone would go out and have a burger or hotdog between half’s unless they left the grill running or they wanted to miss part of the 3rd quarter. Fair enough! Why can’t they just open a beer garden and be done with it. I’d pay $12 a beer if I k knew they were saving part of the $ towards a new eastern grandstand.
1 x
Puck Frovidence
ARD

Unread post by Puck Frovidence »

R.Kelly150 wrote: 1 year ago Why can’t they just open a beer garden and be done with it
They are selling wine and beer inside Meade during football games this year. That's likely part of the rationale behind not letting people leave to go back to the tailgate lots.
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Puck Frovidence wrote: 1 year ago
R.Kelly150 wrote: 1 year ago Why can’t they just open a beer garden and be done with it
They are selling wine and beer inside Meade during football games this year. That's likely part of the rationale behind not letting people leave to go back to the tailgate lots.
This describes the changes put inlace for the upcoming season. I do know that re-entry for Basketball Games at the Ryan Center has not been allowed.

Reading the ticket and attendance rules might help to understand the reason for Football no re-entry.

https://gorhody.com/sports/2022/8/4/fb-fan-guide.aspx
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Puck Frovidence wrote: 1 year ago
This makes sense. As long as they do a better job with the concessions. Need a legitimate concession building, not food trucks. Makes us look like a high school game. Lines are crazy long too.
0 x
GO RAMS
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Interesting to see how the tailgating people respond. Do you guys tailgate?
0 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Before and after game. Don’t normally leave at halftime and return. So it doesn’t impact me.
0 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

Are they still charging for parking on RC side?
0 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

I don’t know Iggy. I tailgate on the Keaney side. Stop by for a drink if you are at a game.
1 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Iggy1979 wrote: 1 year ago Are they still charging for parking on RC side?
It looks like it. Before it seemed like half was a pay lot for tailgating and half was free, but it seems it's all a pay tailgating lot now
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

I don't see the big deal that we can't leave at halftime.

My guess would be the overwhelming majority of schools don't let reentry for schools.

Why let attendees drink for free at their cars when they are selling beer at the stadium?
2 x
Go Rhody
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

Rhody15 wrote: 1 year ago I don't see the big deal that we can't leave at halftime.

My guess would be the overwhelming majority of schools don't let reentry for schools.

Why let attendees drink for free at their cars when they are selling beer at the stadium?
This is the standard at high school stadiums in Texas, for security reasons. If you want to come back in, you have to buy another ticket and go through security again, assuming that the ticket booth is still even open to allow you to do that.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

SGreenwell wrote: 1 year ago
Rhody15 wrote: 1 year ago I don't see the big deal that we can't leave at halftime.

This is the standard at high school stadiums in Texas, for security reasons. If you want to come back in, you have to buy another ticket and go through security again, assuming that the ticket booth is still even open to allow you to do that.
You can't leave the Ryan Center and come back in.

If you allow people to return during halftime then you need to have ticket scanning people there to scan tickets on the mobile devices.

Security is the biggest reason as you said. The world has changed and continues to do so and not for the better security wise.
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Just a quick google regarding re-entry. 1st to pop up SEC Football where tailgating is huge

Re-Entry
There is no re-entry at any athletic event, per SEC rules. No passouts will be distributed. Fans who leave the event prior to its conclusion cannot be readmitted.

https://www.12thmanfoundation.com/ticke ... index.html
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

ramster wrote: 1 year ago Just a quick google regarding re-entry. 1st to pop up SEC Football where tailgating is huge

Re-Entry
There is no re-entry at any athletic event, per SEC rules. No passouts will be distributed. Fans who leave the event prior to its conclusion cannot be readmitted.

https://www.12thmanfoundation.com/ticke ... index.html
Hmm, that's going to get interesting in a couple of years. I remember going to the Red River Rivalry and seeing "no pass outs until halftime" signs at all of the Cotton Bowl entrances. Basically, they let you out of the stadium to grab something from the state fair and come back in when the second half started. That will suck if that small tradition goes away
0 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Up to this year they stamp your hand upon entry the first time. They do not do a weapon or contraband search like at the basketball games. This allows easy reentry. Maybe this year they will institute initial searchs and don’t want to do it every time you leave and come back. I will miss going back to the tailgate area at halftime but will get over it. I hope other seasoned tailgaters feel the same way.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

They will be instituting more in-depth searches

Enhanced Security
Providing a safe, engaging, and fun environment for all fans is a top priority for the University of Rhode Island, Athletics, and OVG360 (formerly Spectra), operators of the Thomas M. Ryan Center. In an effort to mimic the safety measures currently in place at the Ryan Center for men’s basketball, URI Athletics is partnering with OVG360 to manage game staffing and security at Meade this fall.

In order to provide a safe environment for 6,000 fans, players, and guests in attendance it is imperative that updated safety protocols be in place.

Metal Detection
Metal detection (hand-held wanding) will be set-up outside of all stadium entrances. All fans entering Meade Stadium are subject to screening before scanning their game tickets.
0 x