‘23 VA SF Adrian Myers (Mississippi State)

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
Rhody Blue
Michael Andersen

‘23 VA SF Adrian Myers (Mississippi State)

Unread post by Rhody Blue »

Adrian Myers - SF
Hometown: Stephens City, VA
High School: Massanutten Military Academy (Woodstock, VA)
Twitter: Adrian24Myers
Instagram: Unknown

Ht: 6'7"
Wgt: 185

- URI offered on July 9, 2022; commitment received on Aug. 8, 2022.
- 247 Sports article on commitment here.
- Note: Several outlets have his last name spelled as "Meyers," but his Twitter handle uses "Myers," and I'm going to assume that he knows how to spell his own name.

Rankings
Verbal Commits: 2-star, not ranked (8/10/22)
247 Sports: Not ranked (8/10/22)

Offers
Rhode Island
George Mason

May 2021 video:

ORIGINAL POST
On an Official visit today per #gorhody Instagram page
Also has an offer from George Mason in addition to offer for URI

Last edited by Rhody Blue 1 year ago, edited 5 times in total.
2 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Re: Adrian Myers

Unread post by jcru »

Wow. Videos are impressive. Looks like a point forward. Blocking machine on Defense.
0 x
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

Re: ‘23 VA SF Adrian Myers (Offer)

Unread post by CamsRams »

3 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

CamsRams wrote: 1 year ago
Is that a Rhody uniform? We might have a commitment.
1 x
Ramfan22
ARD

Unread post by Ramfan22 »

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 year ago
Is that a Rhody uniform? We might have a commitment.
Yes it is
1 x
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

Out of nowhere part I lost count
0 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Stealth recruiting strikes again.
1 x
Slava Ukraini!
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Adrian does a great job utilizing his powerful frame, explosive leaping ability and speed not to mention his relentless motor to impact games on both ends of the floor. He runs the floor extremely well getting end to end with impressive quickness while also decelerating nicely and demonstrating great body control. He impressed me at an event recently by sprinting the floor for a blocked shot of a would-be layup showing not only his impressive speed but it just demonstrates what Ive seen of him in prior events where his motor and effort will always be at the forefront of this talented and athletic college prospect. He’s a hard hat type player and he won’t get outworked!

Adrian demonstrates so much versatility offensively and defensively. He can hit the spot-up three and shows solid mechanics and good consistency. He can handle and create his own shot off the bounce using quick rips and powerful strides. Quick enough to beat opposing bigs but too powerful for most wing defenders. Adrian’s first step is pretty quick and he knows how to get his shoulder low on his rip move and into the hip of his defender to gain leverage and create an angle. He attacks that space fearlessly and with an explosive burst and plays above the rim. As quick and powerful as he is it’s best for any defenders to proceed with caution in this situation because Adrian gets well above the rim when he gets downhill and finishes with ferocity! He also shows great touch on non-dunk finishes and just shrugs off contact as if undeterred. He drives the lane nicely showing some shiftiness and can maneuver traffic and score as well. His touch is impressive as is his body control and footwork. Adrian does a great job moving without the ball and especially getting behind the defense where he is a lob target but also has great hands and touch. He can post you or face up and score and shows comfort and good skills in both areas. He is aggressive and quick getting to rebounds and stick-back opportunities.

Adrian elevates so quickly off the floor yet is explosive with each leap and his athleticism is off the charts. On the defensive end, he displays sound footwork, agility and lateral quickness to guard away from the rim. In the paint he is a man! Quick to help and recover, anticipates nicely and just his presence changes the way opponents attack the paint. He is a shot-blocking presence and a high motor and active rebounder. Adrian is a next-level prospect and I expect to see his name mentioned frequently by scouting services as the summer progresses.
2 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

1 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Kinda crazy first post is a week ago and now we have a commitment. I trust Arch. Great coach. Can't wait for the product he produces.
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Not gonna lie.. I was hoping our next recruit would be a knockdown shooter like Trey or Connor. With Hutch and Weston, I'm surprised we went after another wing. This kid looks like he could be a very good defender. Maybe he could be like a Lamonte Ulmer for us?

We are out of ships now, right? Unless we know someone else is leaving.
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

He did shoot 5-6 from 3 in his championship game. Scored 25 and had 10 boards.
3 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

Are you kidding me?! Stealth staff strikes again! Let’s goooo!
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

1 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

steveystuds06 wrote: 1 year ago Adrian does a great job utilizing his powerful frame, explosive leaping ability and speed not to mention his relentless motor to impact games on both ends of the floor. He runs the floor extremely well getting end to end with impressive quickness while also decelerating nicely and demonstrating great body control. He impressed me at an event recently by sprinting the floor for a blocked shot of a would-be layup showing not only his impressive speed but it just demonstrates what Ive seen of him in prior events where his motor and effort will always be at the forefront of this talented and athletic college prospect. He’s a hard hat type player and he won’t get outworked!

Adrian demonstrates so much versatility offensively and defensively. He can hit the spot-up three and shows solid mechanics and good consistency. He can handle and create his own shot off the bounce using quick rips and powerful strides. Quick enough to beat opposing bigs but too powerful for most wing defenders. Adrian’s first step is pretty quick and he knows how to get his shoulder low on his rip move and into the hip of his defender to gain leverage and create an angle. He attacks that space fearlessly and with an explosive burst and plays above the rim. As quick and powerful as he is it’s best for any defenders to proceed with caution in this situation because Adrian gets well above the rim when he gets downhill and finishes with ferocity! He also shows great touch on non-dunk finishes and just shrugs off contact as if undeterred. He drives the lane nicely showing some shiftiness and can maneuver traffic and score as well. His touch is impressive as is his body control and footwork. Adrian does a great job moving without the ball and especially getting behind the defense where he is a lob target but also has great hands and touch. He can post you or face up and score and shows comfort and good skills in both areas. He is aggressive and quick getting to rebounds and stick-back opportunities.

Adrian elevates so quickly off the floor yet is explosive with each leap and his athleticism is off the charts. On the defensive end, he displays sound footwork, agility and lateral quickness to guard away from the rim. In the paint he is a man! Quick to help and recover, anticipates nicely and just his presence changes the way opponents attack the paint. He is a shot-blocking presence and a high motor and active rebounder. Adrian is a next-level prospect and I expect to see his name mentioned frequently by scouting services as the summer progresses.
Excellent write up on the young man. Thanks for posting this, Stevey.

Powerfully athletic, hard worker, high motor, good b-ball skills. There is a lot with this young man for Archie and staff to work with and develop.

Adding him to the other players has me very curious and excited to see how Archie utilizes all the pieces…hard defense in waves? Go small at times? Go big at times? Run, run run on the break? Spread the floor on offense and slice and dice with spot up 3’s mixed in? Understand that not all will play but Archie sure doesn’t have a lack of options. I haven’t been this excited about a season since Dan was coaching.

We may not be a top 4-5 team in the conference but we are going to have opposing coaches pulling their hair out when they play us.
Last edited by Jdrums#3 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

I think Jalen might dip next year, this technically is his 5th year
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Dino611 wrote: 1 year ago I think Jalen might dip next year, this technically is his 5th year
Archie said that this is Jalen's last year.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

steveystuds06 wrote: 1 year ago Not gonna lie.. I was hoping our next recruit would be a knockdown shooter like Trey or Connor. With Hutch and Weston, I'm surprised we went after another wing. This kid looks like he could be a very good defender. Maybe he could be like a Lamonte Ulmer for us?

We are out of ships now, right? Unless we know someone else is leaving.
Yes, we're out of scholarships for next year at the moment. Martin and Carey out, Myers and Nwafor in
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
RhodyRams12
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by RhodyRams12 »

1 x
Common sense is not common.
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

NO DOUBT
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Rhody Blue wrote: 1 year ago Placeholder

HS: Massanutten
6' 7'' SF

Great job Rhody Blue in identifying his visit a week ago and creating the Recruiting thread for Myers. Only a couple of posts until tonight's announcement.

Another stealth recruit, aren't they all?

Love how this staff keeps things confidential. Helps keep other teams from taking notice and possibly attempting to sneak in and steal.

Excellent job by the staff.

2 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Re: ‘23 VA SF Adrian Myers (URI verbal)

Unread post by SGreenwell »

I've updated the original post.
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

ramster wrote: 1 year ago

6' 7'' SF

Great job Rhody Blue in identifying his visit a week ago and creating the Recruiting thread for Myers. Only a couple of posts until tonight's announcement.

Love how this staff keeps things confidential. Helps keep other teams from taking notice and possibly attempting to sneak in and steal.

I'm not worried about the "steal" aspect by other teams. This is a first class, upper echelon of college basketball, coaching staff.

Kids come for coaches, not programs. We've got the coaches, which is why we're getting the kids.

Under the radar works for me if it's Archie and Co ID'ing the talent.
4 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Blue Man wrote: 1 year ago

6' 7'' SF

I'm not worried about the "steal" aspect by other teams. This is a first class, upper echelon of college basketball, coaching staff.

Kids come for coaches, not programs. We've got the coaches, which is why we're getting the kids.

Under the radar works for me if it's Archie and Co ID'ing the talent.
C’mon man. The higher the quality of the recruit the more competition there is. Now it’s every season. Who else do you think is identifying the talent? Stealth all the way!!! Don’t change a thing.

And trust me, the best Head Coaches don’t show their hand at Peach jam, in fact they put on their best poker faces for 4 days.
1 x
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

2 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Great article...Seems like we were his best offer by a mile. It sounds like we wanted to land him before he blew up. Let's hope he's a steal
3 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Great article , I like how Myers mentioned it’s a family type atmosphere @ URI under Arch , we are going places in a couple years
1 x
SandorClegane
Art Stephenson

Unread post by SandorClegane »

What other schools were going after him?
0 x
“The greatest things in life are invisible to the eye”
- Mr. Rogers
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

I think George Mason and low majors. We were his best offer. I like this kid more than KC. The more I watch KC. He’s a massive, massive project.
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

Re: ‘23 VA SF Adrian Myers (Rhode Island Verbal)

Decomitted.
Attachments
20EFC595-D2BB-4D44-8C5B-79878197B2E0.png
0 x
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by KingstonLane »

CamsRams wrote: 1 year agoDecomitted.
Kids decommitting in college athletics is nothing new

But decommitting in just 3 weeks? Seems very odd. Some high majors come knocking?

Anyone have some insight?
1 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

CamsRams wrote: 1 year agoDecomitted.
Not shocked, but curious what led to this decision.
We were crowded at the 3 & 4 anyway.

Wonder if GM is still in the mix for him.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Maybe he read all the talk about being crowded at his position and the redshirting discussions? Players typically do not want to redshirt.
Unfortunate because he seemed very appreciative of the opportunity.

Dubsky and Estevez committed shortly after Myers.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

ramster wrote: 1 year ago Maybe he read all the talk about being crowded at his position and the redshirting discussions? Players typically do not want to redshirt.
Yes Ramster, is a little surprising especially after reading Bill Koch's article and 1000 % committed.

Not sure if this was prompted by Archie because of our 23-24 scholarship situation or he is hoping to play on a bigger stage.

It can also be a personal matter and wants to stay closer to home, maybe GM.

Either way we are still in great shape going forward.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Jersey77 wrote: 1 year ago
ramster wrote: 1 year ago Maybe he read all the talk about being crowded at his position and the redshirting discussions? Players typically do not want to redshirt.
Yes Ramster, is a little surprising especially after reading Bill Koch's article and 1000 % committed.

Not sure if this was prompted by Archie because of our 23-24 scholarship situation or he is hoping to play on a bigger stage.

Koch’s article was very complimentary but Myers was not inundated with offers. Dubsky and Estevez committed after Myers so maybe got crowded at the inn.

I don’t think the redshirting discussions help. Kids don’t want to redshirt, especially in this era of easy transfers both in and out of programs. These kids want playing time first and foremost. They don’t want to hear about possible redshirting, especially so soon after they commit.
1 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

“1000%” Committed.
2 x
GO RAMS
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Re: ‘23 VA SF Adrian Myers (URI Verbal ---> ??? )

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

"NO DOUBT" supersedes "1000%"
1 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Koch’s article was very complimentary but Myers was not inundated with offers. Dubsky and Estevez committed after Myers so maybe got crowded at the inn.

I don’t think the redshirting discussions help. Kids don’t want to redshirt, especially in this era of easy transfers both in and out of programs. These kids want playing time first and foremost. They don’t want to hear about possible redshirting, especially so soon after they commit.
Ya, he seemed like a project from the tape I watched, but I was hoping we were landing him before he started to blow up. I feel like KC is at this same level. A complete project.

Well, this makes more sense on why we landed Connor and Cam. Two players I think are better than Myers by the way. So now we are only 1 ship over right?

I wish Myers nothing but the best!
1 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

Correct. One scholly over, assuming Carey leaves.
steveystuds06 wrote: 1 year ago

Ya, he seemed like a project from the tape I watched, but I was hoping we were landing him before he started to blow up. I feel like KC is at this same level. A complete project.

Well, this makes more sense on why we landed Connor and Cam. Two players I think are better than Myers by the way. So now we are only 1 ship over right?

I wish Myers nothing but the best!
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unfortunate. He was excited to sign here.

Only so many players can get playing time and there are only so many scholly’s available on the team. I hope everything works out for Myers.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Just another reason why it’s impossible (at least for me) to get legit excited for recruits when they give a verbal/LOI. Kid changed his mind less than a month after committing here.
2 x
Go Rhody
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Rhody15 wrote: 1 year ago Just another reason why it’s impossible (at least for me) to get legit excited for recruits when they give a verbal/LOI. Kid changed his mind less than a month after committing here.
Yes 15, but it gives us something to talk about in the off-season.
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Rhody15 wrote: 1 year ago Just another reason why it’s impossible (at least for me) to get legit excited for recruits when they give a verbal/LOI. Kid changed his mind less than a month after committing here.
Yes 15, but it gives us something to talk about in the off-season.
Absolutely, but I just can’t get with everything being SO pumped up to get a kid, saying he’s a steal, difference maker, blah blah blah.

It creates chatter yes, nothing wrong with that.

I just want and need to see on court results before getting excited about a player, unless he’s like a McDonalds AA.
0 x
Go Rhody
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Maybe we have to make room for Isaiah Miranda.
1 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 year ago Maybe we have to make room for Isaiah Miranda.
Now that is wishful thinking
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Only if he agrees to redshirt
1 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Only if he agrees to redshirt
That is funny Ramster.
Short and sweet, one of you best lines.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Bye Adrian we hardly knew ya !!
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

Hell, we're one over on scholarships still, so we STILL need to make room for him. ;)
0 x