2023-24 Schedule (top post is current)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Re: 2023-24 Schedule (top post is current)

Unread post by Jersey77 »

Yale Selected as Ivy League Men’s Basketball Preseason Favorite.
https://ivyleague.com/news/2023/10/17/y ... orite.aspx

"Yale, which returns two all-Ivy honorees from last seasons in forward Matt Knowling and guard Bez Mbeng, collected 14 first-place votes and 124 overall points. Knowling was 10th in Division I men’s basketball in field goal percentage at 62.5 percent. Mbeng was also voted the defensive player of the year, after totaling 24 steals in league play."

Brown was selected to finish 4th.
1 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

Jersey77 wrote: 6 months ago Yale Selected as Ivy League Men’s Basketball Preseason Favorite.

"Yale, which returns two all-Ivy honorees from last seasons in forward Matt Knowling and guard Bez Mbeng, collected 14 first-place votes and 124 overall points. Knowling was 10th in Division I men’s basketball in field goal percentage at 62.5 percent. Mbeng was also voted the defensive player of the year, after totaling 24 steals in league play."

Nice!

Let’s beat their ass! That’s what solid A10 programs do (or should do).

We shall see how solid we are early.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Jdrums#3 wrote: 6 months ago
Jersey77 wrote: 6 months ago Yale Selected as Ivy League Men’s Basketball Preseason Favorite.

Nice!

Let’s beat their ass! That’s what solid A10 programs do (or should do).

We shall see how solid we are early.
Yes. By Christmas (and actually slightly before then) we will know the NET for all 15 A10 Teams based on the results of the OOC Games And we will know for all 350+ D1 Teams. These results will then impact NET for the remaining 18 A10 Conference Games and the A10 Post Season Tournament.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Anyone know when tickets are being sent out? Less than 2 weeks away.
0 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

See the season ticket thread I started
0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
theblueram
Frank Keaney

hrstrat57 wrote: 6 months ago See the season ticket thread I started
Interesting. I didn't get an email on that. Did you get your tix yet?
0 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Didn’t get em yet @theblueram

No reason not to call Tyler if you didn’t get email
0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

Mobil tickets week 10/16, Hard tickets week 10/20.
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

Charleston Tabbed as CAA Men’s Basketball Favorite; Drexel’s Williams Selected as Preseason Player of the Year
https://caasports.com/news/2023/10/17/c ... -year.aspx

(PF/C) Ante Brzovic picked 1st Team All-CAA,
Him along with transfer (PF) Policelli (13.7 pts/9.4 rebs) and returning forward Burnham will be a handful upfront.

Delaware was picked T-5th in the CAA coaches poll.
(F) Jyare Davis selected 2nd Team All-CAA

Northeastern picked 7th.
Last edited by Jersey77 6 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

hrstrat57 wrote: 6 months ago Didn’t get em yet @theblueram

I'll call him next week if I don't get anything in email. Thanks.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

theblueram wrote: 6 months ago

Check your spam, emails have been to sent to mine a few times over the years.
0 x
Go Rhody
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Rhody15 wrote: 6 months ago

Check your spam, emails have been to sent to mine a few times over the years.
I did. I also checked my Ram account which doesn't show anything. Then I checked my bank statements, cause I thought maybe I really didn't reup my tix. But thankfully the RC has been diligently taking money from me.
0 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

TBR in case you missed my post in the season tix thread my MBB tix were in mailbox today. Look for them soon!
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

hrstrat57 wrote: 6 months ago TBR in case you missed my post in the season tix thread my MBB tix were in mailbox today. Look for them soon!
Got an email today. All good.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Jersey77 wrote: 8 months ago Way too early to try and draw any conclusions or make any predictions about English's hire.
At only 34 with only 2 years prior experience as a HC, who knows.
He came to PC highly recommended by Rick Barnes and many in the coaching community feel he is a rising star.
Was already considered an excellent recruiter.

He does have a nice base to start with keeping Carter and Hopkins.
Along with young talents in Pierre, Floyd, and Castro.
Oduro, Gaines, and Fernandez thought enough of English to follow him to PC.

Yes, the BE is loaded with talented veteran HC's and it won't be easy: Pitino, Hurley, McDermott, Miller, Shaka, Matta, and yeah Cooley. Plus Holloway and a young Kyle Neptune.

English was also able to nab consensus 4* top 50 2023 recruit Garwey Dual plus 2024 PG 4* Daquan Davis.
Daquan Davis de-committed from PC this weekend. Reopening his recruiting.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

ramster wrote: 6 months ago
Jersey77 wrote: 8 months ago Way too early to try and draw any conclusions or make any predictions about English's hire.
He came to PC highly recommended by Rick Barnes and many in the coaching community feel he is a rising star.

Yes, the BE is loaded with talented veteran HC's and it won't be easy: Pitino, Hurley, McDermott, Miller, Shaka, Matta, and yeah Cooley. Plus Holloway and a young Kyle Neptune.

English was also able to nab consensus 4* top 50 2023 recruit Garwey Dual plus 2024 PG 4* Daquan Davis.
I wonder how much it would take to secure a 5* recruitment class? Like all five positions.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

I wonder how much it would take to secure a 5* recruitment class? Like all five positions.
Rhody Vault recently on October 3 boasting about Daquan Davis moving up the rankings by 30 positions.

Be careful how much you publicize your recruits in today's Pay for Pay with no Ceiling world.
IMG_0506.png
2 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

completely agree.

And on a second note, I'd rather have big Ben Hammond. That's our PG of the future. Can do it all and is a glue guy, all at the same time. These teams starting next year should have pretty good "chemistry".
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Rhody Vault recently on October 3 boasting about Daquan Davis moving up the rankings by 30 positions.

Be careful how much you publicize your recruits in today's Pay for Pay with no Ceiling world.

IMG_0506.png
Hahaha are you actually insinuating RVs post had a little something to do with Davis decommitting? As if other schools didn't have a plethora of knowledge from their own coaches and they used this tweet to offer him more money?

You are pure gold.
1 x
Go Rhody
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

IMG_0506.png
Hahaha are you actually insinuating RVs post had a little something to do with Davis decommitting? As if other schools didn't have a plethora of knowledge from their own coaches and they used this tweet to offer him more money?

You are pure gold.
More gold for ya 15,

After RV boasts about Davis moving up 30 spots in the rankings he then posts 16 hours ago where we shouldn't celebrate a commitment until they play their first game.

What the hell was he doing publicizing him moving up 30 spots? Bragging about PC's signee.

Early signings mean less and less in today's world. Money money money.

Best to keep your recruits as low profile as possible, which is likely next to impossible but keep the free advertising and pumping your recruits to a bare minimum.
$$$$

What happened to Davis can happen to any team at most any time.

IMG_0536.png
0 x
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

It’s tough recruiting high school players now if you are not in a Power 6 conference. If they pan out or are better than expected, they will be recruited hard by the P6 conferences. The big east is part of the power 6, but they do not have quite the same resources as a whole and are also susceptible to poaching as seen here. Non-P6 schools are now becoming the NCAA equivalent of the G League.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

The Daily Hossier regarding Davis' play with overtime elite this fall and where he could end up next. Big loss for PC.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-bask ... uan-davis/
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

RIFan wrote: 6 months ago It’s tough recruiting high school players now if you are not in a Power 6 conference. If they pan out or are better than expected, they will be recruited hard by the P6 conferences. The big east is part of the power 6, but they do not have quite the same resources as a whole and are also susceptible to poaching as seen here. Non-P6 schools are now becoming the NCAA equivalent of the G League.
And if P6 recruits don't pan out than teams in lower levels can pick them up, give them more time to develop, and have a useful player
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

IMG_0506.png

You are pure gold.
More gold for ya 15,

After RV boasts about Davis moving up 30 spots in the rankings he then posts 16 hours ago where we shouldn't celebrate a commitment until they play their first game.

What the hell was he doing publicizing him moving up 30 spots? Bragging about PC's signee.

Early signings mean less and less in today's world. Money money money.

Best to keep your recruits as low profile as possible, which is likely next to impossible but keep the free advertising and pumping your recruits to a bare minimum.
$$$$

What happened to Davis can happen to any team at most any time.

IMG_0536.png
I do agree with, and have said many times over the last few years, getting all excited about recruits these days in kind of pointless with NIL, portal, etc. I know the majority of people here get all worked up when we get any type of player and think they are going to make an instant impact. It's a wait and see approach these days.

Cannot agree with RVs tweet having any impact on the kid decommitting. You're throwing stuff against the wall with that thought.
0 x
Go Rhody
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 6 months ago
RIFan wrote: 6 months ago It’s tough recruiting high school players now if you are not in a Power 6 conference. If they pan out or are better than expected, they will be recruited hard by the P6 conferences. The big east is part of the power 6, but they do not have quite the same resources as a whole and are also susceptible to poaching as seen here. Non-P6 schools are now becoming the NCAA equivalent of the G League.
And if P6 recruits don't pan out than teams in lower levels can pick them up, give them more time to develop, and have a useful player
Maybe. Like I said, the G league, they take the up and coming players and we get the ones who you hope a change of scenery help them realize their potential. It’s always been this way, but now it’s a way of life.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

For the 1st time ever.........Season Tickets Sold Out for C of C

IMG_0626.jpeg
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Did they get rid of the rule that teams can't participate in multiple MTEs in a season?

Miss St is in the Barstool Sports Invitational with FAU, AZ St, and Loyola, along with and our Mohegan tourney.
0 x
Go Rhody
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

Rhody15 wrote: 5 months ago Did they get rid of the rule that teams can't participate in multiple MTEs in a season?

Miss St is in the Barstool Sports Invitational with FAU, AZ St, and Loyola, along with and our Mohegan tourney.
Is the BSS event a multi-round event or more of a showcase type of event?
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

RhodyKyle wrote: 5 months ago
Rhody15 wrote: 5 months ago Did they get rid of the rule that teams can't participate in multiple MTEs in a season?

Is the BSS event a multi-round event or more of a showcase type of event?
Ah yes, looked more into it and each team only plays one game.

Only saw a headline and figured something had to be up.

Carry on.
1 x
Go Rhody